Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Reaper-Class Elite Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
image_star_citizen-20600-2615_0006.jpg

Image Credit: Cloud Imperium Gaming: Vanduul Scythe
Intent: To provide the Black Suns with their first Elite Fighter to combat their growing number in interstellar navies.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Koensayr Manufacturing
Model: Reaper Fighter
Affiliation: Black Suns
Modularity: Minor
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Glasteel, Chromium Engine Parts
Description: Although the flight statistics of the Syndicate's Vaughan fighter were used as a baseline to improve from, the Reaper draws inspiration and design experience from many other Black Sun ships. Weapons were carried over from the Vaughan and improved upon by adding ion cannons and changing the torpedoes to advanced concussion missiles for greater anti-fighter capability along with the fighter's superchargers to maintain speed; fire suppressant and other safety features such as automatically resetting circuit breakers were carried over from the Ghost to keep the Sun's best pilots and their very expensive ships flying; the pilot sits in a semi-reclined position such that their entire body runs through the surrounding glasteel cockpit offering them an unparalleled view of their surroundings and combined with the heads up display taken from the Oracle, a pilot's situational awareness is boosted well-beyond the norm. All this powered by the enormous output of the ship's hypermatter reactor.

From the word 'go' the Reaper was meant to be a deadly opponent to anything it met, a fact it shows off with its mere appearance and embodied with its name. It is not however a superfighter. Interceptors can still outmaneuver it and once its shields are stripped there are large portions of the ship lacking armored protection. Inexperienced pilots can also be overwhelmed with vertigo at the large views of starfields and HUD system, making them queasy or feel like they're falling, and on occasion a pilot may succumb to battle fatigue and take an unauthorized nap in the Reaper's comfortable seat.

Classification: Elite fighter
Role: Anti-Fighter

Height: 2.7m
Width: 10.2m
Length: 12m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 1
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Armaments:
  • Heavy Laser Cannon: 2
  • Ion Cannon: 2
  • Concussion Missile Launchers: 2 tubes-6 each
Hangar:
  • N/A
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Long Range Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Advanced Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Advanced Targeting Systems
  • Engine Superchargers
  • Battle HUD
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: 25 kg
Consumables: 1 week
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 1.5

They're sort of zig-zagged back so their legs are lifted slightly and their back is only as if you leaned the car seat back some (it's just to fit the shape of the cockpit). Other than that, the same way anyone that drives a car for an extended period stays awake. Discipline, experience, the knowledge that falling asleep would likely result in a fiery death....
ACM's are this thing.
[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Domino"]
That cockpit in the image looks long and low which means the seat would probably be a bit more reclined than that. Also, discipline, experience, etc. are great, but it still happens. The Abrams tank driver seat is set up similarly to how you've described this one and Abrams drivers are notorious for falling asleep on occasion after multiple hours of sitting there during extended operations.

As for the ACMs, I'll speak with Ayden in the morning on them. They seem to just be heavy homing missiles which would need a modifier, though what modifier I'm not 100% sure on.

I was envisioning something similar to this. As you can see they aren't leaning back quite as far if my memory serves and even then I don't think it'll be an issue anymore than it is with pilots in fully upright seats. To expand on your analogy, airline pilots fall asleep all the time too, even while their in the air. Anyways, it's been added in.
pilotsit_zpsa8a0ebe2.png

[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Domino"]
Alrighty, edit noted.

After talking to [member="Ayden Cater"], the Advanced Concussion Missiles loaded on here appears to be equivalent to the Guide's Homing Missile and would have modifier of x2. Also, your listing of the ACM in the sub is a bit confusing as to how many there are and ammo count. I assume the numbers listed were the ammo count, but that still leaves the ACM/Homing Missiles without a launcher number.

Also, I'm assuming this ship would suffer the same drawbacks of hypermatter when damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom