Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Reanimation Serum Aurek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noire Vanya Tal

N
botox.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a refined, balanced, and medicinal version of the canon Reanimation Serum.
  • Image Source: here
  • Development Thread: N/A
  • Primary Source:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Reanimation_serum
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cornelius_Evazan/Legends
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defibrillation

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Reanimation Serum Aurek
  • Manufacturer: PharmaTech
  • Production: Limited
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market to ATC Customers
  • Modularity: Yes
  • Ingredients: Various trade secret ingredients, a hyper dose of adrenaline as if to jumpstart the heart.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Serum
  • Method of Consumption: Injection
  • Average Life: Must be used on a recently dead person within 3 hours.
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: Able to reanimate only the recently dead, does not heal wounds, side effects may include short-term amnesia as well as the loss of personality and self-identity the more it is used.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Reanimation Serum
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES

A potent serum that can reanimate the recently dead much like electric paddles to jumpstart the heart. This, however, does not heal any wounds, so emergency care and attention are severely advised.

Strengths:
  • Reanimation: This provides a resuscitation of a recently dead body within a window of 3 hours. This only worked well on recently dead bodies. This does not make zombies.
Weaknesses :
  • Emergency Care Still required: While it does provide reanimation, this is serum will not heal any severe wounds. It merely jumpstarts the heart much like electric paddles to bring a person back to life. Emergency care is still required, and if the individual dies again, the serum cannot be used back to back.
  • Timing: The longer the body stayed dead before being injected, the less likely it was to survive reanimation. Max time of 3 hours.
  • Who am I?: Side effects include short-term amnesia. (Time negligible to the writer)
  • Personality Change: The more often this is used, the greater amount of personality of the individual is lost. Most state that they feel as if a part of them is no longer there, just a shade of their former self.
  • Death: Ironically, this could end with the death of the patient if used too many times.
DESCRIPTION

PharmaTech's botanical pursuit of rare, endangered, and extinct botanical flora has managed to produced a similar version to the late Reanimation Serum created by Evazan millennia ago.

The serum is only able to work best within 3 hours of the death. The longer the body stayed dead before being injected, the less likely it was to survive reanimation. It must be injected straight into the heart much like an EPI Pen. This depolarizes a large amount of the heart muscle, ending the dysrhythmia.

There are noticeable restrictions. While it does provide reanimation, this is serum will not heal any serious wounds. It merely jumpstarts the heart much like electronic paddles to bring a person back to life. Emergency care is still required, and if the person dies again, the serum cannot be used back to back. Side effects include short-term amnesia.The more often this is used, the greater amount of personality of the individual is lost. Most state that they feel as if a part of them is no longer there, just a shade of their former self. Ironically, this could end with the death of the patient if used too many times.

*I do not know how medicine works or the intricate parts of the reanimation serum. I am only using what is available in the canon link for the reanimation serum and adding factors to balance it out.

[member="Noire Vanya Tal"]

I don't have a huge issue with this, after all death is up to the writer of a character, so giving them more plausible IC reasons for surviving something... that isn't really inherently unbalanced.

You also added a fair amount of balancing points to it, so that's perfect.

Only thing I have a concern about is the production level. This is a pretty big deal ICly, especially with the contacts PharmaTech has throughout the Galaxy through ATC. So, having every NPC sentient access to this... it could change dynamics on a pretty big scale.

Thoughts?

Noire Vanya Tal

N
[member="Tai Fa"]

That is a good point. I was thinking more mass produced to suggest making it widely available.

Is it possible to be mass produced but limited distribution? So that those who have established npcs that are named can use it?

If that isn't possible, I can just drop it to limited.

How does that sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom