Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reanimating the Dead

8c17c04e569e8d9f511e0ee8d85b6172c73f43b3r1-500-202_hq.gif

Daisuho looked down at Ben, a firm hand on the head of his chair as he prepared for the meeting. Technically she didn't need to do the bodyguard routine since she was an integral part of the meeting too as Captain of the Vernichten, but all the same, she insisted, it was her duty and her calling in this life and not doing it to the best of her ability would be doing an injustice. It was why she swept the room for bugs and explosives, why she insisted on having a small bite of his meals, why she fulfilled every single paranoid bodyguard cliché that had been thought of and, like it or not, she knew it was part of the reason he tolerated her. Not that they were frosty with each other, no, Daisuho liked to think she and Ben had a good relationship together, both professionally and as friends, you could argue it was another reason why she was his guard and his shadow. They had been together since the directorate, seen it's fall together, and now they were working together to make sure that the Galaxy becomes a better place...hopefully, anyway.

She was getting too lost in thought, the others would be here soon, she needed to have a strong front on herself for their arrival. She wasn't privy to the exact details of the meeting, but she knew that at least part of it would concern the Vernichten and their training, something about training others to be like them, mentions of the Zombies. She hadn't heard much of them, just that they were connected to another name in the Union, one who was on their way here as she mused on it. She hoped that she was only supposed to know that much, it was always when she hadn't heard of something that the small sliver of anxiety would creep up her spine, colder than any snowstorm, the anxiety of not knowing something you should. At least if it was classified, she couldn't say she had committed a gross oversight, that would be inexcusable. She wouldn't find out until he got here though, so all she could do was wait until their guest or guests arrived.

U N I O N

Location: Schesa , Intelligence and Security Center , Director's Office
Tags: Daisuho Daisuho , Charles Castex Charles Castex
Dress:
Uniform

Ben looked at his datapad. He sighed, sitting back in his chair. He felt Daisuho behind him, her presence calming him. She was the best of the best, serving as the captain of his Vernichten and as his friend. He trusted her more than he trusted most men, they had been together since before the formation of the Union. He looked up at her, "Admiral Castex has a promising career in the Navy. He's ambitious, ruthless, perfect for the ISB. I wonder if i should groom him for a position perhaps deputy director. I've seen his enthusiasm for testing our projects on subjects."

He sighed again, "Though that's not why he's here of course. When he comes, I want you to study him Daisuho. His words, his expression, his body language. I've already approved the expansion and further training of his Zombies. Most of the talking will be between you two." Ben looked at the door waiting for their guest, "Analyze him, understand him."

Ben smiled, Daisuho had been very thorough, as always. She had prepared for everything, Ben was reassured everything would go according to plan.
BlpVHqS.png

latest

U N I O N

Wearing: A Long White Version of his normal clothes with black flowers decorated all over it.

-His Razor Fingernails are firmly in place

-His Surgical Tools are tucked away in his cloak along

-Two Lightsaber’s Hidden Away

Tucking away his data-pad with a soft sigh the Admiral closed the recent message from Major Kom. The Amaran was going to be late to their meeting with Ben and the captain of his Vernichten… Daisuho. Given the relaxed relationship between him and the Zombies, he simply told her to catch up soon, but to not miss too much of the meeting. The last thing he wanted was for the captain of Vernichten to get an improper impression of the Major, simply based on friendly accord between them. Then again Charles had never meet Daisuho before, so beyond information that he could get from her military record he knew little to nothing about her. True he could probably have Tranquility get ahold of detailed files, but where would the fun in that be as it would ruin everything he could glean from a proper first impression. The Sith found that he didn’t even have to enter the room to get it either… oh what was this… it seemed that just like Kom… the leader of the Vernichten was Force Sensitive as well. Charles began to wonder what he level of training was, well there was one way to test it,

So he waited until he was just a little bit from the door to reach out through the Force towards the woman, nothing harmful, but a simple projection of is dark presence. By the time he reached the door his hair was slowly raising up behind him, the whole act had one purpose. Given her job, he wanted her to feel like a threat was coming, he wanted to see how she would react as the leader of Ben’s bodyguards. Cracking his fingers at his side he had his hand open just in case… someone… well… overreacted. Reaching for the button on the door, the dark presence he had projected would suddenly go away, as though releasing a deep breath that had been held in. As soon as the door opened to reveal the large male… his hair was already falling back down over his shoulders, ”Ah Director Ben it is nice see you on this fine day, and who is this? I assume that you’re the Captain of the Vernichten.”

Stepping into the room the male gave a bow with a soft flourish in Daishuo’s direction, though never once did he take his cold soulless eyes off of hers. He was a man who wasn’t about to turn his back on anyone in any capacity. Well that wasn’t exactly true, but she was a stranger… she had yet to earn his trust, ”Daisuho I believe it was… I have heard a great many things about you. I do prefer to see if what I read held any weight. However I saw your men in action personally on Ilum and they were exemplary in their performance.” As he spoke he would move slowly closer to her, before bending at the waist and tilting his head sideways so they were eye to eye more or less, ”As their leader I assume I have you to thank for that, as they were instrumental in protecting something very important to me. So outside the subject of this meeting I give you my gratitude. Should you need something… well consider this a favor you can personally call in… and I will do what I can.”

After straighten back up he would move around to the seat in front of the desk, sitting down in it as he curiously examined the man in front of him, ”Excuse Major Kom she will be a tad late. She had to take care of some business before coming, but she said to go on and start, and she will be here soon. I did want to thank you as well Director for arranging this meeting with you and the Captain Daisuho.” Reaching up he slowly removed the mask from his face, that hid his disfigured visage, and tucked it away in his cloak, ”Now as I mentioned before I found the performance of the Vernichten to be exemplary especially as a bodyguard unit. I would like to know Daisuho if there isn’t some way that you and the Vernichten could help with this?” Again those dark eyes turned to the woman, Charles was anything if not straight to the point when it came to the subject of the meeting.

BlpVHqS.png

Daisuho listened intently, mentally piecing a profile of their guest together from what little Ben would say. Admiral, ruthless, driven, Ben had a fair amount of faith in him, and possibly sadistic if the enthusiasm was what she thought it was. That last point caused her to frown though; she wasn't the type that went out of her way to hurt and kill, it was unnecessary and messy. If he was as 'enthusiastic' as she thought, then that would indicate a lack of professionalism, though perhaps not. If Ben trusted- no, wrong word...if he believed in his talents enough to groom him for a director position, it would say that he is a professional - Ben didn't deal with rabid dogs. That then lent itself to the idea that he was capable of being professional, but perhaps enjoyed the more...unpleasant aspects of his work. Distasteful, but not intolerable, this was going to be an interesting meeting.
"I hope that 'enthusiasm' doesn't cloud his judgement," She said, voicing her concern. Deduction was all well and good, but it was better to just ask for concrete information when it was available.

As Ben began to speak again, a shiver ran down Daisu's neck, making her hairs stand on end. Instinctively, her head snapped to the door, a wave of cold fear overcoming her. What the kark was that? Something was worming into her head and making her feel more and more twitchy by the moment, her shoulders aching and creaking with tension as her body contracted in readiness. It was only as the fear rose that she began to understand...this wasn't fear, it was a warning. She hadn't been around many of them, but she had met enough force users to recognize that feeling of emptiness, fear, doubt...she could feel The Dark Side. Immediately, her right hand left the chair and came to rest upon her blaster, fingers curling around the black grip tightly and preparing to fire if need be. Despite every inch of her wanting to draw it and fire at whatever came in, she wasn't a child and she wasn't an idiot - untamed fear was the enemy, and she would not let herself be controlled by those feelings ever again.

Much like Charles, she felt a wave of relief wash over her when she saw the beginnings of his dress uniform. She had a picture of him from the file she researched so she recognized the appearance at least. The blaster was released from her grip and she left Ben's side as he offered introductions and praises, with her offering a nod of her head in return.
"Admiral Castex, it's an honor to finally meet you," She said, her arms moving behind her back as her eyes scanned his appearance. The cloak made it a bit difficult to ascertain any weapons he might have had, but she could feel something distinctive, not see, but feel, something familiar. If he was a Force user, it stood to reason that he had lightsabers on his person. For that matter, why bother with that little display? It most certainly wasn't passive, otherwise, she would still feel it. Given that they were the only two force users nearby, and Ben's lack of reaction (and she would certainly be able to tell), it had to have been specific to her, and she likely wouldn't have sensed it as vividly if she weren't attuned to the Force...so he more than likely knew she was Force Sensitive. His idea of a test, perhaps? Either way, it seemed she wasn't the only one examining a new acquaintance. "The Vernichten strive to make exemplary work their daily routine, otherwise, we wouldn't be doing our jobs." It was true, if they couldn't do the impossible, they wouldn't be able to fully carry out Ben's orders and thus, they would be either disbanded or dead by now.

Since the meeting had started, Daisuho turned and made her way to the opposite end of the table, sitting down across from Charles, crossing her legs and folding her arms. He got straight to the point, which she could appreciate, they were here for a reason after all. Mulling over her answer for a moment, something else clicked in her mind. He said the Vernichten had protected something important to him, maybe it was a project or piece of equipment? Something to think on later, anyway. "It would really depend on what kind of training you're looking to gives these 'Zombies' of yours, then it would be a matter of factoring in how physically and mentally capable they are and training them according to their individual attributes so they contribute something. If they can't contribute anything then they would need to go, it is a unit, after all, they need to all have something to give, especially if their job is of a flexible nature, in addition to protection. It's a long and grueling process, but if done correctly, it can produce good, tough, and deceptively strong warriors."

Charles Castex Charles Castex Ben Craig Ben Craig

[div][/COLOR]

Last edited:

U N I O N

Dress:
Uniform

They silently waited for the arrival of their guest. Ben couldn't see Daisuho so he couldn't see her reaction, however they had been together for so many years they had a sort of connection. An understanding, not something as complex as the force, but instead a mutual feeling. Ben couldn't describe it, he couldn't pinpoint her exact thoughts but he could tell when something troubled her. Ben chuckled, "He knows better than to put pleasure before work."

He felt Dai tense up, then suddenly the doors opened. Ben nodded, "Admiral Castex, welcome." He let Daisuho introduce herself. He leaned back in his chair offering no more comments. He was simply there to facilitate the meeting, answer any questions either might have. Ben watched curiously, it was like a battle of the minds. Each person attempting to decipher the words of the other. It was truly majestic. Ben was known for his eloquence and way with words, so to see two capable beings almost as equally extravagant as himself, participating in dialogue was simply fascinating.

BlpVHqS.png

latest

U N I O N

Wearing: Usual military commando style gear, not much for standing out in officers clothes.

Kom’s timing couldn’t have been more prefect as the Amaran had been just about to press the button to request entry, when she managed to pick up a voice she didn’t recognize talking about her unit. She listened quietly before finally making herself known by pressing the button and stepping the door. Cracking her neck side to side as she did so, before saluting Ben, ”I apologize for my lateness Director, but I had handle some scheduling issues, but the good Admiral said he would cover for me… right Charles…?” There was an certain playfulness in her voice as Kom tapped the large man’s arm with the back of her metal fist as she sat beside him, looking across the table curiously at Daisuho. Leaning forward she clenched her metal fingers, steepling both handles to directly in the other woman’s eyes, as her two pointer fingers shifted to point directly at the other,

”If it is the skill of my men you are questioning Captain then I can assure you they are each hand-picked not just for their loyalty, but abilities as well. When we drop into a hot LZ I have to know that each and every member of the Zombies can do their jobs as well as the job of others in the unit if the need arises. Because we have to hold out until back up arrives, and we never know how long that is going to be. So the question I have for you is wither or not your training will be challenging enough. Most men in the Zombies are battle hardened survivors by now, if they were not then they would be dead. Believe me… I don’t abide by anyone who quits in a fight…” As if to show what she meant Kom formed a finger gun with her prosthetic hand and made the motion to shot as if to indicate what she meant.

BlpVHqS.png

She was anticipating Charles' response when the door opened again, drawing Dai's eye to their latecomer. Major Kom Thum, Amaran, amputee, leader of the Zombies alongside Charles it would seem. Despite the salute, she seemed very relaxed, as if she wasn't afraid of being in the room with the Director and two force users. That spoke to recklessness, overconfidence, insanity, or...something secret. Maybe there was more to her than she let on? Hmmmm...

She was quick to move forward with the meeting, commenting on what Dai said without even missing a beat. Considering she had been outside when she said that, the only conclusion to draw was that she had been waiting outside, listening for the right moment to enter. She was certainly dramatic if anything, but Dai wondered if it was anything more than just a dramatic personality. Was she the type to manipulate and scheme her way to her position? Possibly.
"Well, given that we are having this meeting, I imagine you or the Admiral already think it will," She noted, thinking back to what Castex said about his prior experience with her girls. The thought occurred that it was Charles that wanted this meeting against Kom's wishes, after all, he expressed admiration for the Vernichten's skills, and it seemed that, from the moment she walked in, the Major was on the defensive, talking about her unit's achievements and their strength as survivors and battle-hardened warriors. It seemed as if she wanted to intimidate her or, by implication, discredit their own skills. Dai had no such defensiveness, she had confidence in her soldiers and she knew how good they were...perhaps Kom was still unsure about her men?

"I will do everything I can to make sure that, by the end of their training, The Zombies and The Vernichten will stand together as equals, having taught each other how to become even stronger than before." Dai knew if she talked merely about teaching the zombies, the Major might take offense if her assessment was correct, so it was better to reiterate that both groups will be taught for the sake of mutual gain. Neither group is implied to be weaker than the other, and she all but says that her Vernichten can be taught by the Zombies as well as the other way around. No disparagement, no inferiority, just equality, that was her offer, no less. "That is the philosophy of the Union, isn't it? Two hands to wield the sword, working together in unison?" She asked, a parting remark to remind her of what the Union was truly about.

Ben Craig Ben Craig Kom Thum Kom Thum Charles Castex Charles Castex

[div]

you_re_a_hard_man_to_find__galen_by_rustledjimmys_dbfnblr-pre.jpg

U N I O N

Dress:
Uniform

He closed his eyes for a second to clear his mind when the doors opened once more. Ben nodded to Kom, "Major Kom you did not miss much." He sat up and laid his hands on the table. Ben smiled as Kom challenged Dai. The Vernichten were the best of the best. Those outside the Executor Trooper program were not even allowed to witness the rigorous training of which all troopers go through.

The fourth fleet and the Zombies were run a bit unorthodox. He noted how passionately Kom felt about her troops. Dai was the same, a close bond between members of a unit created a sense of unity. His smile did begin to fade however when Dai brought up equality. Perhaps that was out of respect for Kom and Charles. The Vernichten and the Executor Program were designed to be the best of the best, save for the Bewachen and Die Letzte Hand of course. If the Vernichten was on equal footing with other combat units, that could degrade it's integrity, it's purpose. While the Union did not officially support boasting or segregation within it's combat forces and personnel, it was common within the upper echelons of the Union to favor a unit over others. The Vernichten had a reputation to uphold anyhow.

BlpVHqS.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom