Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reaching Out (Ask First)

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Between all the large game poaching and phantom bounties up on the boards, Idiian couldn't seem to be able to find a decent job. She'd have been willing to take the jobs for capturing those wild animals, had she ever gotten the gear for it, but who would have thought she would have needed to get a dartgun that could penetrate Rancor hide, never mind a toxin strong enough to put it out without being deadly enough to put it under at the same time... And Idiian knew that most phantom bounties usually meant the first guy fucked up and made the remains unidentifiable. Hey, if any of those guys actually did show back up alive somehow, she'd take on those bounties in a heartbeat.

In the meantime, though, Idiian had maintenance to pay off on her ship, never mind supplies, including food and ammo. In light of that, she needed to find some sort of work to do in the meantime- Bodyguard duty, package running, even babysitting if someone would pay her to... Which with her reputation wouldn't be likely. Still, looking for some temporary work was the reason Idiian found herself in this dive of a bar, here on Bespin of all places. Idiian had come here since the pay was usually better than similar jobs on Coruscant, though that usually implied there were jobs to be found. For once, everyone in the place was content... or still sour about the last time Idiian was there, since she had rammed a target through the storefront with a cloud car. Everyone- including the target- survived, sure, but the damage to the bar was expensive, and she was pretty sure more than a few folks dropped their drinks when it happened.

The owner hadn't thrown Idiian out after she had paid back the amount she did in damages, though, so maybe there really wasn't any jobs on Bespin. In any case, Idiian wasn't going to get a job while at that bar either way, so she paid her tab and left, making her way back to the platform. Maybe she'd make a Holocall or two, see if the Bothans need an extra pair of ears or eyes, or of the Hutts have forgotten about Tatooine yet...

Atlas Kane

A
Just strolling through the streets he was, the peaceful Ronin Hayato. He was paying attention to all the little details on the station. Even though he had lived in such an advanced society for almost twelve years now, he was still amazed at some of the things that had been invented and commercialized. He watched everything around him, the colours, the lights and all that good stuff, until a particular building caught his attention. It looked to be a meeting point for Bounty Hunters, at least judging from all the tough guys hanging around there. Some of them were giants, a small 5'11'' guy like Hayato looked like a dwarf in comparison, but he was confident in his abilities. A person's size wasn't able to intimidate Hayato on its own, except if they're 20 feet or something, but those cases were rare. It took more than that to intimidate Hayato, but let's not reveal all of his weaknesses, okay?

He entered the bar and looked around. It wasn't all that shabby from the inside, if you could look past all the Bounty Hunters who would kill you just for looking at them the wrong way. For instance that one small guy with an mechanical jaw who was looking at an even smaller Bounty Hunter in with that look one has when one wants to kill someone with one's mind. Then he spotted a small crowd of people standing around a monitor that was projecting some names and numbers. He decided to check out what that was about and moved to the group. He didn't get a good look at the monitor, but he did catch a couple names. He decided it was enough and that he would walk away again, but then he saw a name. His name. It seemed he should get out of here as fast as possible. That should be the best course of action. He tried to get out, which was when he noticed that small Bounty Hunter from earlier, the one who was getting the ''I want to kill you with my mind''-look. It seemed he had missed something about that one. That Bounty Hunter was Force Sensitive, now that Hayato had gotten closer he was able to feel it. Whoever that Bounty Hunter was, maybe they haven't found a place to call their home yet and maybe they would be the first person to get recruited into the CIS by Hayato? Who knows, the only way to find out is to ask, but that would turn out to be a bit more difficult because that Bounty Hunter left while Hayato was thinking.

He looked around the bar, but didn't see that Bounty Hunter anywhere. They must have left while he was still lost in thoughts, so he followed the Bounty Hunter and left the bar. There he saw the Bounty Hunter going towards a platform, he followed and soon caught up. ''Hey you there, wait!'' He called once he got close enough. He hoped the Bounty Hunter would hear him.

​@[member="Idiian Sayali"]

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
@[member="Hayato"]

Of all the things to happen, having someone call for her shortly after leaving the bar was certainly not one of them. Idiian looked back to see who called to her to wait- A man, between a half and a whole foot taller than her, probably a good deal older than her as well. And there was something about him that seemed familiar, though she couldn't figure out what it was... Ah, well, if it was important enough, she'd remember it soon enough.

She stopped and pivoted about, turning to face the man with her arms crossed. "Yeah? 'Something you want, there?"

Atlas Kane

A
Ah, the Bounty Hunter had hear him, t'was a lucky day indeed. Now to convince them to come with him and join the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Hopefully the Bounty Hunter wasn't hostile towards such propositions and if that was the case and if Hayato's convincing skills are high enough. Now he started doubting his skills, which meant he was getting nervous, which meant he wasn't thinking correctly and logically anymore, which meant-
''Uhm, yeah. Mind following me? You'll have fun and you'll get paid!''
Dammit. He said something without thinking about it. He said everything out of order, he began with the arguments, instead of an introduction and he would certainly seem like a completely insane and creepy person. Hayato should really stop talking without thinking beforehand.

@[member="Idiian Sayali"]

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Idiian's arms dropped to her sides as she cocked an eyebrow at the man. Did he actually just proposition her? After a solid beat of gawking at the man, Idiian pointed at the man, asking, "You know I'm a Bounty Hunter, right? I mean, a lot of us will do a lot of other work too if there's enough credits, but..."

Then the thought hit her- She was looking for a way to earn some credits anyways, and if this guy was willing to pay for her, then why not? After all, she would be the one deciding how much she got, and the baseline was usually quite a bit for these kinds of jobs. After a moment of thinking it through, Idiian finally amended her previous response: "Kriff it. 150,000 for the night, double if you want to do anything kinky."

Atlas Kane

A
The young Knight was about to facepalm hard about his earlier statement, even though the Bounty Hunter seemed to take it lightly. He was about to just say goodbye and go away, when the rest of the Bounty Hunter's response came. It was more than just surprising. Hayato didn't expect to get ... this kind of response. He knew he had messed up the question, but he didn't realize how much he had messed up and the Bounty Hunter did seem kind of desperate to make such an offer. Maybe Hayato still had a chance to rectify the situation and successfully recruit her into the Confederation of Independent Systems. ''No, wait, that's not what I meant, I didn't mean that kind of 'fun'! I meant you should come follow me to the Confederacy of Independent Systems, since you're Force Sensitive and you could get better training and become a more successful Bounty Hunter. That way you would get more money and I'm sure the CIS would pay you as well.''

@[member="Idiian Sayali"]

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Idiian blinked as the man backpedaled, explaining that he meant joining the Confederacy of Independent Systems. She had a number of feelings about the news, from simultaneous relief and disappointment that there had been a misunderstanding- the later almost certainly because she knew she wouldn't be getting those credits so easily- to confusion at what else the man said. She was Force Sensitive? She always figured she could outmaneuver others in fights just from how her early upbringing taught her to read others- the chance that she was force sensitive never came to mind.

"...Force Sensitive, huh?" Idiian responded, yet again cocking her eyebrow, arms folded once more. It almost sounded like Idiian would inquire further about it, but her actual response went a different direction as she approached the man. "Alright, sure, I'll go with you. Free training is always nice to get, anyways. The CIS better pay me for whatever jobs they have me run, though."

Once Idiian reached the man, she held her hand out, as if asking for a handshake to seal their deal. "Name's Idiian. Idiian Sayali. Don't quite think I caught yours yet, have I?"

@[member="Hayato"]

Orrin, for the most part, was simply minding his business when he was about to go into the very bar that the two were now outside of and discussing some sort of business. What had peaked his interest was the fact that the man had said something about the other being force sensitive. That much was something of interest to him as well, seeing as to how he was Force Sensitive. And so he stood there with his arms folded up in front of his chest abruptly, as if to state that he was standing there to listen to their conversation.
"You'll forgive my intrusion, but you've began a conversation of some interest to me. I mean no offense, to either of you."

Atlas Kane

A
The Knight was kind of surprised that the Bounty Hunter didn't know about her Force Sensitivity. Usually it's something that gets noticed rather early in one's life, but it seems that the Bounty Hunter must've gone unnoticed. He wondered if she was a farm girl who lived in the middle of nowhere without anyone who could tell she was Force Sensitive, or she might have known and then she had some kind of accident which caused amnesia, so she forgot about it. But enough with the wondering, the Bounty Hunter had accepted his offer and was walking towards him, most likely to seal the deal with a handshake.
''We're glad to have you on board and I'm sure the CIS will pay you well! My name is Hayato?''
He said with a happy tone and a friendly smile on his face. The first time he had ever tried to recruit someone and it was successful. When the Bounty Hunter stood in front of him he extended his hand as well and with that, he had officially recruited his first ever person into the CIS.

Then another voice came from a different direction, a male voice, unfamiliar to Hayato. ''None taken, what is it you're interested in?''

@[member="D' Orrin"]@[member="Idiian Sayali"]

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
When the man identified himself as Hayato, Idiian thought about the name for a moment; Despite something about Hayato seeming familiar, his name was definitely not one she recognized. After a little bit of contemplation, he shrugged off the familiarities in the man to coincidence.

Shortly afterwards, a second man walked up, saying that their conversation interested him while apologizing for the intrusion. She didn't exactly recognize this new guy at all, but at least Hayato seemed as unfamiliar with the guy as she did. As the first man spoke up, Idiian simply watched, turning to the other man once the question came, waiting to hear his response.

@[member="D' Orrin"] @[member="Hayato"]

"Oh. You said something having to do with being sensitive to The Force. I took some interest in that subject, being as I have an affinity with it myself. They call me Ghost. Pleasure to meet the both of you."
He'd state with a nod before he'd then turn his attention from Hayato to Idiian and then back again. His right cybernetic eye giving off a bright blue light before dimming a bit as he was running them both through facial recognition software. He wasn't about to start any trouble, but he did want to know whom he was dealing with, if either of them had any info out on them that could present itself as useful to him.

Atlas Kane

A
Hayato listened to what the man was saying. He probably hadn't felt the man's Force Sensitivity because he was distracted by the Bounty Hunter's Force Sensitivity. Maybe this was Hayato's lucky day? He got to recruit one person to the CIS and maybe he would get to recruit another one? That'd be a new record for him.''It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Ghost. If you haven't already heard, my name is Hayato.''
He said with a friendly smile, then he paused to let Idiian introduce herself, before continuing. ''I'm curious, why is it important to you that we're Force Sensitive?''

@[member="D' Orrin"] @[member="Idiian Sayali"]

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Idiian stood with her harms still crossed, listening as the man introduced himself as Ghost- Certainly not a real name, but having something to refer to the guy by. After Hayato introduced himself, Idiian waved to Ghost and made her own introduction before folding her arms again. "Idiian. Nice to meet ya."

When Hayato asked Ghost why it was so important that they were force sensitive, Idiian stood back, curious as to what Ghost's response would be.

@[member="D' Orrin"] @[member="Hayato"]

((Sorry for the long wait. Been kinda busy lately.))

"Oh? Important? It's not. As I said, it just caught my attention. I wanted to hear what you had to say on the matter. from... what I'm gathering, she may have some affinity with it?" Orrin would say with a less than sure tone to his voice. He wasn't sure if he was catching all of the details when he had walked up.
"No disrespect though. Ms. Idiian, if you're still up for it, I'd like to take you up on that offer you made to our friend here. And don't worry. I won't do anything kinky."

Atlas Kane

A
After the man was done talking, Hayato looked over to Idiian, back to the man called Ghost, then back to Idiian and then back to the man. With an expression of slight confusion mixed with uncertainty he said ''Well, as long as she comes to the coordinates I'll give her afterwards, I have no problem with it and even if she doesn't want to come to those coordinates afterwards, it's her decision.'' It wasn't his business to decide something for someone whom he had just met, after all, he respected the will of others and he wouldn't just force someone to do something against their will.

@[member="D' Orrin"] @[member="Idiian Sayali"]

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
A cocked eyebrow was about as much of an immediate response as Idiian could muster to "Ghost"'s offer. She hadn't thought anyone had heard that part of the conversation, but hey, credits were credits. She didn't actually have any kind of experience in... Well, that field, but 150,000 Credits for a few hour's work was a generally pretty good deal.

"...Yeah, sure..." Idiian started, turning to Hayato first to give her answer about whether she would go or not: "I'll go when I'm done here, so if you want to give me the coordinates now, I can meet you there." She then cracked a smile as she added jokingly, "Of course, unless you wanna stick around and watch." Looking at the man, Idiian guessed he'd probably turn down the offer. He seemed pretty embarrassed when she gave him the offer earlier, after all.

@[member="Hayato"] @[member="D' Orrin"]

"Oh, I can wait. If you don't mind, I'd like to see just how this plays out. I'll make it a point to say now, that I'm apart of the Omega Protectorate. Dunno if that's gonna be a problem, but I figured I'd let you know ahead of time. To be honest, I'm kinda looking for someone to train with right now. I feel like I've come up against a wall in developing my own abilities. But yeah. Looking forward to the whole 'after' when this meeting situation is over. By the way. Your ship, or mine?"

Atlas Kane

A
Hayato nodded when Idiian finished her first sentence, then, when she finished her second sentence, he replied with a quick ''No.'' then, he handed her a datapad with the coordinates and said ''I shall away you there in the next two days, if you come, good, if not, fine with me as well. It is your choice after all.'' Afterwards he turned back to the man known as Ghost and said ''Very well then. Let's part our ways here and hope to meet again one day, though I'd prefer it not to be on the battlefield.'' With that he bowed to the two and left to go into the direction of his ship.

@[member="Idiian Sayali"] @D' Orrin

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Idiian took the datapad, looking it over quickly as @[member="Hayato"] told her how long he would be waiting. "Two days, huh? I'll be there by then, yeah." After tucking the datapad away, she turned to "Ghost", ready to go. "Frankly," Idiian started, in response to the comment about "Ghost"'s alliances, "I don't really care if you were Darth Palpatine reborn or if you were the next coming of Yoda. As long as you remember to pay up and don't try to rip me off, there's not gonna be any problems."

Idiian paused for a moment, considering which of the options "Ghost" gave her. She didn't want to drag him along on her ship and throwing the guy out naked in the morning was probably not a good idea, and she didn't exactly like the thought of going to the ship of some guy who won't even be up front about their name... So the third option sounded best. "How about a motel? There's a cheap one not too far from here with a pretty decent bed. Had to stay there once while my ship was undergoing repairs a while back."

@[member="D' Orrin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom