Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re Triumph

Jsc

Disney's Princess
850 ABY

The One Sith had changed things. Made dwarfs out of giants. Made shards out of glass. Yet even here at the center of all things. The smallest flicker of hope was a fire unto the soul. Familiarity remained. Here, in the ruins of Coruscant. On the farthest flung corners of the planet. Those familiar forces were still stirring. The heroes of the galaxy had awakened once more. Trading their slumbers of night for the hammer's chime and the work of an early dawn. The journey of rebirth was upon them. The great triumph would orbit their worlds. Nearer still. The foundations for a new era had only just begun.

The surface.

After the long night that had swept over the planet. The surface world held a whole new meaning for it's humble people. Living among the clouds and the bright sunlight brought a whole new reminder of life and fire to this metal world. It gave their proud flags and proud hearts a place to once again billow into the wind. It gave the underworlders a refuge from the dark and every new falling star reminded these great people that they were not alone in the galaxy. This was their planet. This was their heart. Nay. This was their Re Triumph.

"Yo Karen! Hey. Help me over here would you?"

"Sure thing Grant. Oh, and while you're over there? Toss me that hydrospanner yeah. Ah. Thanks. Perfect."

Two Jedi stood at the intersection of a once popular thoroughfare. A metropolitan intersection. Glittering like silver and gold with it's tall towers and long sweeping vista. It reminded them both of that old human saying. The more things change. The more they stay the same. Yep. Good old Coruscant. With it's mighty towers, and lofty heights, and it's endlessly curious people. This town at the center of the galaxy was the new frontier now. The new suburbs of a growing community that was rising out of Old Alta City. And the Jedi duo, Karen Roberts and Grant Pherson, were part of the team that was going to put it back together again.

"Okay great! Now Karen. Just push the generator over towards me a little. That's it. Right there. Perfect. ...Yeah, nice."

"Ha. Okay then. Oh, Grant. Watch those power couplings over there. I don't want our supply lines severed just because we are running the electronics above ground now. See them. Okay. Great. Thanks."

New technologies were everywhere today. After all. Pioneering a new frontier on a giant city-planet meant getting power, water, and food to all of the empty sectors of this mighty skyline metropolis. Oh no. Nothing fancy either. All the equipment they used was modular. Easily assembled. Easily transported. Carried in by truck and built on-site with hand tools. Indeed. If you lived on Coruscant right now? After the One Sith had left his place? Yeah. You were an engineer. Like it or not. Everybody had something that needed fixing. Just about every single day.

"Okay. Sensor Tower is in place and the generator is up and running. Hey. Come to think of it? Want me to move it into the shade?"

"Nah. Just leave it in the street. Echo Team will be in tomorrow to put up the finishing touches on the sector. We'll let them handle the semantics. But hey? Did you finish the bio scan of the water tower too?"

"Yep. The probes are reading a few holes here-and-there in the pipeline system. But? If we get those welded shut by next week then the other towers should get a solid seal too. No pressure. Get it? Ha. No pressure."

"Pfft. Righttt... Anyways. So. Now we got power. We got buildings. And, let's see. Next week we should get the water working again. All we need is for the volunteer workers to bring the food truck in and we'll be all set for resettlement. Boom! Easy as pie. Ha."

"Heck yeah girl. Nice! We are back in business baby! Oh yeah! Ha. Clothing the naked and feeding the hungry. Feels just like old times. Wow"

The two Jedi smiled and nodded at their fine handy work. This town was cleaning up nicely. Yeah. Just like old times. Nice.

"Well Mr Pherson? Dare I say it. The sensor tower is reading the all-clear too. No bandits, marauders, rakghouls, or heat signatures of any kind. Wow. Okay. So I guess we can skip the security sweep and head back to the boat. Not bad."

"Not to shabby, Mrs Pherson. Ha. I'll radio ahead to R2 with our stasis here while you get the truck fired up. Man. I can't wait to get back inside the wire for some hot cucumber chowder. Mmm. Oh hey? Throw me my lightsaber yeah."

"Yum. You said it brother. Come on. Let's go."

Another day. Another dollar. Together the happy duo mounted up into their giant truck and hauled their fine selves back to the nearest starport. Job complete. Not just here either. The rebuilding of Coruscant was going quickly on all side of the city. Soon, the Jedi and the Galactic Alliance would be back on their proverbial feet in no time.

Passing the outer walls of the Green Zone left the two Jedi to smirk between themselves and the new higher walls,

"Hey. Look. You know what I always say about that Karen?"

"Yes I do Grant. Good walls..."

"...Make for good neighbors."

They laughed together and drove along the old broken road with a smile. Man. It was good to celebrate a moment of levity. Especially in these difficult times. Because, ya know. I tell you what. History has a funny way of repeating itself. Even here. At the center of all thing. Mmm, yep. Come the next great galactic revolution? The next ten or twenty years of craziness and chaos? Heh. Yeah. They'd probably be back here. Doing all of this over again too.

_____

*fin*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom