Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-arming the Geos

Geonosis, a place of recent destruction, was the aim of Thane's ship. He had come to help plan the defense upgrades for the Geonosians. The former glory of the Geonosian Empire had been sullied by the attack from the ACA, now the TU. The old plans for this planet had been a factory world for the Alliance, but after the invasion, Thane changed the plan.

This was going to become a fortress world. Thane would ensure the safety of the Hive.

"This is Benefactor to ground control. Please inform the general that I come to speak with him."

"Ground to Benefactor, confirmed."

Oddball

This is what happens when you tap the glass
[member="Thane Drexel"]

Rally point alpha
IM'G'TWE HILLS

Oddball was standing at the base of massive hill formation, he looked behind him and saw the thousands of geonosian workers brought over from Droid Foundry Bravo along with spare guns and defenses from the salvaged geonosian Dreadnaught called Hive Mind. Oddball wore his confederate phrik armor and in his arms was a Red Dead assault rifle. The various crews and workers behind him flew around patiently and oddball had no idea how to carve hangers into the hills but he was pretty sure that these little guys knew what they were doing. So he lifted his comm link and hailed any nearby rebel forces.

"Overlord overlord this Fallen Angel Two Six we have arrived at the dog site, requesting guidance." he said then stepped forward still looking up at the massive hills.

"Alright, go do your thing." turning back around he shooed the Geonosians to get to work on building the hangers.

Letting out a sigh as the workers flew outwards to attack the hills with various digging tools to carve through the rock Oddball was off to go set up a command tent to plan everything out.

"Fallen angel, this is Benefactor, we are enroute to your location. ETA 2 mikes and counting. Over." The radio officer of Thane's ship replied to @Oddball.

Thane wore his Viola trench coat and holstered his two GV-45's. Along with the SXB-1 under the left arm and the Ambassador at the small of his back. He wore a military barrette and combat gear for funsies. Look the part and people will think you knew what you were doing.

Thane moved to the loadin bay along with a platoon of marine bodyguards. He had a team on the ground already putting the Geos into motion. The General of the Geos would be meeting them on the ground. There they would meet up with Oddball and his crew. Talks of fortifications and aid would be spoken today.

Oddball

[member="Thane Drexel"]

IM'G'TWE HILLS
Objective: build air base

Oddball quickly got a response back and let out a sigh of relief, he hated running large scale operations. He was a soldier and really wasn't cut out for the brass stuff, planning and building fortifications. He could supervise small units all day but when it came to large scale things he could only do his best. So he lifted up his comm link and answered back.

"Benefactor this is Fallen Angel Two Six, acknowledged. Look for green smoke. Over" oddball looked to his fellow dread guard squad and watched as they started throwing smoke grenades towards a clearing in the hills.

The smoke popped and spread through the air to give off a proper landing zone. Looking over to the airbase oddball watched as the workers were focused on two different sets of hills, carving and blowing out massive chunks of stone in a attempt to hollow out the mountain to build a hanger inside of it. This would be sorely needed for the alliance. As for oddball he saw to it that a command tent was set up for when the brass got here.

As Thane's ship landed near the freen smoke, the Geo general moved to meet him at the ramp. Thane greeted him with the customary Geo greeting of the fist to chest. Turning to walk with Thane, he began speaking of the work that was underway. A protocol droid assisted with translating so Thane would understand the gutteral clicks, groans and growls. Nodding as he listened, Thane ran through the plans the general had in a holo projector. Vast caves and tunnels with massive hangars cut into the rock faces. Gun emplacements on ridges and AA guns and artillery overlooking the fields behind them.

Trenches and tunnels were being dug out at Alpha site for the Line. A tent was being put up as Thane arrived at the site and he saw an unknown soldier directing troops and Geos. That must be FA-26.

"Angel Two Six, report," he said in his best leader voice. [member="Oddball"]

Oddball

[member="Thane Drexel"]

IM'G'TWE HILLS

"This Fallen Angel Two Six, we have the geonosian workers hitting the main hangers. Plans are to make them seventy meters wide and thirty deep. They are planting charges now." he said in response to the commanding officer on scene who was speaking to the geonosian general.

The six foot two dread guard stepped out in his armor from the command tent they had set up looked up at the mountain range. On his shoulder decaled into the armor was a staff sergeant rank insignia so as the commanding officer knew his rank. Written across his chest in another black decal was simply written as.

CC-3537-Oddball

It was the number he had been assigned at birth on Kamino, the fett clone was proud of his service up until Druckenwell. He had left the now Techno Union and fought with the rebellion against the mass murdering bastards he coukdvf stomach to be around any longer. But thoughts of revenge were quickly drowned out by a large boom that shook the ground.

On both sides of each mountain large explosions and chunks of rock fell to earth and crashed about a good hundred meters away from the command tent. It was going to be a long day of explosions and digging

[member="Oddball"]

Thane had pulled his flask at the moment the charges detonated. He was forced to spill a good portion of the swig he'd taken. He looked down, more sad than mad. His suit was a rental too, and he was going to have to pay for the dry cleaning, Poodoo. He looked back to the Soldier who greeted them. Thane got right up tonthe soldier and snapped a quick 'Wazzup' and stuck out a hand to shake.

"You must be FA-26. I'm Benefactor Thane Drexel. Glad to see you taking the initiative here Staff Sgt. It also would appear that your charges are working properly, come. Let's talk specifics in the tent."

Thane led the way to the tent and his marine guards looked concerned but Thane waved them off to stay outside and play in the sandbox.

"So tell me...Oddball? What's the finished product foing to look like? I neglected to read the plans on my way over. What with planning a few other dig sites here as well as this one."

[member="Oddball"]

Oddball

[member="Thane Drexel"]
IM'G'TWE HILLS

"Sir, yes sir." Oddball gave the benefactor a salute then proceeded to follow him into the tent.

Once inside the tent there were four other men at each corner of the room, all dressed in the same armor as Oddball. Each had the same tag across their chest as him CC-2567 so on and so forth each with their own unique name that read much like Oddball's. Rev, Tank, Splodi, Ding, there was something far different about them than other rebel troopers and it could be seen in the way they carried themselves that they were elites. Snapping to attention and into a immediate salute with their weapons dropping to the sides in perfect symmetry of drill, the generation one dread guard clones stood like that until oddball gave them a sign and they returned back to their guard positions. As for oddball he let his weapon sling down as the two men approached the main table in the center of the room.

"Right away sir." the man said as he removed his helmet to place it on the table.

When he removed his helmet he ran a hand against his head to wipe away sweat and grime. He was a fett clone, not many of them were left in the galaxy and he was one of the original dread guard shaped by the Yuuzhan Vong on Bothuwai. His face was covered in tattoos and other various designs to set him apart from other clones when he was serving in the confederacy, it was unique to say the least.

"So we have these two dig spots here and here. Alpha hanger and bravo hanger, they are roughy seventy five meters long and forty meters deep. Our plan is to get three squadrons in here to provide fast action air support. The confederacy will be returning soon so this place might be a target. So we are setting up point defense cannons along the highlighted areas. Bunkers will be set up here and here along with roving patrols and rebel troopers. Gun emplacements and shield generators around the hangers here and here as well." he said in a firm tone of someone who knew what they were talking about.

Outside the Geonosians were digging and blasting away at the rock formations. They were rather efficient workers in that manner. All their lives they had been digging and carving through rock so creating a large hole in a mountain would be a very easy task for them. If didn't involve complex tunnels, only a few explosions and sonic tools to carve through the rock.

Thane nodded as Oddball went along explaining the plans. He was impressed.

He clapped a hand on the soldiers pauldron. "Good work lad, you and yours will be heavily rewarded for you service. I'd clike to walk the line if you and yours would join me?"

Thane made a mental note of the map and the man who had drawn them up. Once outside he signaled his marines to walk the perimeter and provide water to the workers. It was demeaning, but everyone was a soldier and everyone was equal in Thane's eyes. Thane turned to the clones, a rare sight to behold, and they were on his side. He'd like it to stay that way.

"Now, Staff Sgt. I'd like to hear your idea of a good defensive strategy, as we will more than likey see a return visit by the Techno Union? Or whatever their name is this week."

[member="Oddball"]

Oddball

[member="Thane Drexel"]
"Sir, yes sir." oddball said then put his hand up in the air straight and extended before moving it in a circular motion, a hand signal for the squad to assemble.

Gathering on him the force dead clones moved with precision and unity all movements perfectly in sync with the other. Oddball grabbed his helmet and placed it on his head firmly, the HUD from the visor activated and everything was displayed to the soldier about the operation. The five clones followed the benefactor outside into the harsh geonosian sun, a loud boom went off followed by the crumbling sound of rubble hitting earth.

"There's no need to reward the boys and I sir, were just doin our jobs. All we want is to be able to bring the pain to those child killers." Oddball walked alongside Thane and kept his rifle in a relaxed and slung position with his hand on the trigger housing unit for positive control.

"As for defenses sir, the natural rock formations here make it near impossible for ground assaults. They'd be slaughtered by snipers in the hills. We plan on making bunkers up in the hills to house them. On the ground we'd only need about a hundred men to two hundred men due to the tight spacing numbers aren't a big issue. We'll place bunkers around strategic choke points to make sure we are defended. As for the Techno Union, their gonna hit us hard with Sith Lords." he said going over the plans.

"The boys and I are force dead, not a problem for us. But the rest of the lads it'll be a bloody slaughter. Maybe even some of our newer brother might be there, you see we're old confederate dread guard, defected after Druckenwell. Lost a lot of good men that day, but since then the dread guard had returned to the Union and we might be looking at droids and force dead troopers. oddball continued to speak then looked up at the hangers.

The Geonosians had hit hard, they had chewed half way through and were at twenty meters deep. Another hour or so and they would be ready to set up the internal power generators and facilities for the hangers.

Thane pictured the layout as Oddball described it, it was simple and effective. Though he was right about the Sith. Gorram Sith and their stinking handwavium magik that says I think I won because I exist.

"I like the simplicity if it all. Don't overthink it and don't cram useless things into it. Now, I know that Air Supperiority will stay with Us because of Rogue and their friends. But what about dealing with any stragglers or troop transports? Do we have anything for them? And what about using the Geos Sonic cannons? Maybe a few on the perimeter to coral the TU into bottle necking straight for our snipers? Also," Thane pulled back his jacket and revealed his newest toy. The Whistler Missile Launcher, he showed it to the clone, "Can you and your boys utilize this in any way? I just finalized them recently."

"Lightweight, holds 6 spare missiles with one in the chamber; HV, HE, Magnesium and EMP variants. Effective range of up 100 meters, and blast radius around 3-5 meters. Magnesium rounds feature an armor peircing directional blast for tanks, ships, Sith. 2 second lock-on delay, no electronics. Impervious to EMP. "

Thane handed it to [member="Oddball"] to inspect.

Oddball

[member="Thane Drexel"]
IM'G'TWE HILLS

Letting his rifle sling down against his upper abdomen, oddball took hold of the whistler and began to inspect it. Pretty good design, probably effective against tanks and infantry. It could be something they could work with, and he could see himself using this if he had to. But there was one thing about it that he wasn't all too sure about, this was geonosis. The terrain on this planet wasn't what you called friendly, the clones were all outfitted with Red Dead assault rifles that were made for rough terrain and areas such as this. This weapon though he wasn't sure if he could drag it through the dirt and rocks and it would still operate at full effectiveness.

"With all due respect sir, my boys and I are commandos. The oldest here is me and I'm fourteen, when it comes to defenses we can only do basic planning. But as for this I can see this being used well from bunkers, but I'm not sure if it can take being used out in the open terrain. It's hard country out here and reliability is key." oddball said his piece on the subject then handed the weapon back to the benefactor gently.

Walking along there was another loud boom that shook the earth and more rock fell a few hundred meters away. The man sighed and looked up at the hangers. They were about done carving out those holes, now it was time to start setting up the actual hanger. A few large drop ships flew overhead carrying various supplies and would start the process of laying down the wires and paneling.

"We can fight those sith sir, but I'm afraid they might be too much for even us. One Sith Lord my boys and I can handle, but reports are saying multiple sith are gathering in techno union space. Confirmed ones are Marek Starchaser, Jason Cavil, Darth Carach, and Darth Addekos. Last strike counted confederate spy master Raziel, Jarod Ovmar, and Darth Orcus. We don't have the guns for that." he said with a weary voice of concern.

Nodding in agreement, "Agreed. We do have a new few recruits and we are gaining Jedi and FU allies as we speak. I know of two Sith hunters that joined. Aside from the other Dread Guard I saw walking around Home One lately. This weapon will make the treck in the dirt. It's entirely analog and the only moving parts are the slide, trigger and targeting timer. Otherwise it's made or duraplast and titanium. Keep it, try it out."

Thane looked overhead at the transports. It was hot out. There was a sweat stream weaving between the horns on his head.

[member="Oddball"]

Oddball

[member="Thane Drexel"]

IM'G'TWE HILLS

"I just don't know sir, I've never seen them rally like this. Something big is in the works, I can feel it in my bones. Let's just hope the Jedi can come through." Oddball put his hand back on the rifle and sighed.

Looking up the Dropships began to unload large steel grates into the the hanger, setting them down on the floors to make sure the craft had something easy to land on rather than the uneven rock. It would give the hanger a more finished look rather than a hole in the side of a mountain. Which basically that's what it was, but the rebellion didn't have a lot of money so at least putting flooring down would do. It only took a few minutes for the thousands of workers to place the grates down and weld them together. Now that they were there it was all just a manner of putting in basic utilities and a power generator along with the shielding, oddball could switch his focus to the fortifications now.

"Victor two actual this is fallen angel two six. Get me about two thousand workers digging bunkers strategic choke points. Set up eweb and heavy blaster cannons." he said into his radio and kept walking.

"You know what happened on Druckenwell sir?" he asked the benefactor

"Druckenwell must have been prior to my becoming Benefactor, back then I was just a drunk Republic fighter pilot. I'm sure I missed it with how little they told us. I have a feeling it wasn't too different from Makeb?"

Thane wished he could remember Druckenwell so he would seem more compassionate to these troopers, but he failed there. The look was apparent on his face as he struggled to locate a memory of it on the news or in reports, but Makeb stole the images in his brain. He'd been lucky then to have avoided straight combat then, the screams still echoed in his mind. He got the chills.

[member="Oddball"]

Oddball

[member="Thane Drexel"]
IM'G'TWE HILLS

Oddball looked down for a moment and remembered what had happened, every single heart tearing moment. It was something he didn't like to think about really, but he would do his best to let him know just what steps the Techno Union were willing to take in order to win or keep their opponent from taking what was theirs if they lost.

"Half the dread guard defected to the omega protectorate, gave themselves the name of Tal'Verda. At the time I just thought they were traitors to our brothers, then the protectorate invaded Druckenwell. They killed our commander Galaar and the battle was just about lost for us." oddball took a deep breath then continued.

"I heard about Makeb. What happened to Talos city. But that was small compared to Druckenwell. Did you know there were shipyards around that planet? When the confederacy was losing they ordered their ships to fire on the shipyards. The shipyards went belly up then exploded crashing into the planet. Killed millions of military personnel, civilians, children, babies, they killed their own people over shipyards. They killed them all." he said with anger in his voice .

As for the hanger the Geonosians were running cables and setting up power generators inside, it was a easy process and they could handle all of the electrical work. On the ground the Geonosians started to place areas for bunkers by stacking earth and and digging fortifications.

The horror described by [member="Oddball"] were unlike anything he'd seen. But in the same manner, what happened on Makeb was identical. Smaller scale but the same happened when a smaller force began to gain footing in a battle. This was good news for Thane.

"My condolences for you and your comrades. This, however sad, provides me with an epiphany. The same thing happened to two separate factions, when a smaller unit began to gain footing in battle over the larger foe. This is something I believe we can use. It is not a moral choice, but we have little to begin with. In both cases, Raven and Techno Union turned to killing their own when it appeared that they were going to lose. When that happened, it solidifies victory for their opposition. If we can find how to do that again to the TU when they return, it may involve sacrificing units, but if I get the chance, I will make the necessary sacrifces for victory. Especially if it means embarassing the TU in front of the galaxy. Take note and spread the word. All units from this point on will attach holorecorders to their suits. Helmet, chest, shoulder, foot. I don't care. We need to capture their atrocities on film to blast the galaxy with. Place cameras in the bunkers and trenches, it also would help us track enemy movements. I have to congratulate you on the success of this construction. If all goes well, you may earn a promotion out of this."

An evil grin appeared on Thane's face as he realized his plan could work. There was still sadness behind his eyes at the thought of losing troops and civilians. Lucky enough, the TU would suffer the blame for their crimes and soon, they will reap their rewards. It wasn't as if Thane was willing to jeopardize civilians, but he was willing to jeopardize his own life. If that meant his soldiers lives were endangered too, they knew the chances they took when enlisting.

The emplacements looked brilliant and he called his marines over to regroup. It was time to head out.

I must say Sgt Oddball, you are a fine example of a soldier, there are few like you and even less willing to be like you. 14 you said? Seven more years and I'll by you a drink...eh?" Thane stuck out a hand in farewell and gave a wink. "You and your boys take care and I look forward to seeing you in battle."

Once the goodbyes were done, Thane's marines would escort him to his shuttle and off world. It would be a long journey to where the Rebels needed to go, but it was going to work out in the end.

Oddball

[member="Thane Drexel"]

IM'G'TWE HILLS

Upstairs in the mountains the hangers were done, the power generators were set up along with the shield generators. Basic utilities would be put in over the following week but they were simple things like refreshers and maybe a few barracks for the pilots. But what came next was the best part, placing the point defense cannons along the hills the systems were installed easily once they were put down, it was all very simple as everything was prefabricated and linked to the power generators. Around forty point defense cannons placed in various positions along the shelves of stone and rock.

"It's been an honor sir, see you on the battlefield." oddball gave a salute along with his men and turned around to look at his fellow troopers.

"Let's finish up lads." he said as the commanders shuttle took off for orbit.

On the ground the basic bunkers were built at strategic child points and a barracks was being built for the two hundred men that were to be stationed here at the base. It was small and nothing all that impressive, it's job was to provide fast action air support and that's exactly what they would do, hopefully it wouldn't be overrun though. The union would do whatever it took to win and he desperately hoped these people didn't have to pay the same price as those at Druckenwell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom