Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech RDS Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: To create a new weapon for One Sith soldiers.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Drakos Systems
Model: RDS Rifle
Affiliation: Closed Market
Modularity: No
Production: Anyone
Material: Rifle components, Durasteel, Duraplast
Classification: Rifle
Size: Handheld
Length: Length of normal rifle
Weight: Weight of normal rifle
Ammunition Type: Power cells, gas canister
Ammunition Capacity: 200 shots
Effective Range: 200 m and below
Rate of Fire: Automatic; Semi-automatic; three round burst
Special Features: -Integrated with HUD
-Ostrine Cooling System
-Packs a punch
Description: As war continues in multiple fronts across the galaxy, major factions like the One Sith need to come up with new designs to be able to meet new threats, as well as to continue having an edge over the old threats. It was how the RDS Rifle was born, a weapon that was created by Krayzen Dratos, along with One Sith engineers.

One first needs to examine what particle beams are. They are a form of projectiles that used coherent particles of energy. Projectiles have long been used in the galaxy, and unique varieties that hybridize the mechanics of popular weapons are used, including the the Mandalorian Ripper. Seeking to build up upon his work, Krayzen decided to create a variant of the Mandalorian Ripper.

Using similar mechanics akin to that that is used by the Mandalorian Ripper, coherent particles of energy are formed, and as they enter the blaster containment chamber, and it is fired from a barrel, a plasma coating is created around the particle beam projectile. When it hits the opponent, a high yield burst is created,potentially knocking an opponent back. Per the mechanics of a particle beam, it cannot be blocked by lightsabers.

Another variant of the weapon uses sonic energy. The particle beam enters the containment chamber, which then compresses the sound, and creates a cloud around the projectile. As expected, when it heats the opponent, a high yield burst is created, and per the damage capabilities of sonic bolts, it will potentially disorientate you, and rupture your organs, and if you are wearing metal, it will potentially compress the metal, reducing its resistance against various weapons. The oscillator doesn't affect the user's ability to hold the weapon, as this weapon is a good handheld weapon for any humanoid.

To help with the recoil, mitigation systems, and inertial dampeners were used. The weapon can also be integrated with a HUD, and it features a liquid hydrogen cooling system with ostrine, allowing the weapon to be extremely efficient. The weapon is therefore a must have for One Sith soldiers.
Primary Source: N/A

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Krayzen Dratos"]
sorry for the delay.

Krayzen Dratos said:
it cannot be blocked by lightsabers.
you will have to remove this.

Blasters are particle cannons and light sabers deflect them rather well. Basically, if it's not a beam its a particle weapon of some type. Laser cannons and trubolasers are less so particle weapons but they still use particle weapon tech in they are charged particles of plasma in a containment field. Blasters, Masers, and such have more kinetic properties as they use varying types of charged particles but in the end, they are all charged particle weapons.

From your description, is this charging a solid projectile? Rippers fired slugs via energy but were still solid projectiles. I am confused because you are referncing the ripper but calling it a particle beam. then stating this

Krayzen Dratos said:
One first needs to examine what particle beams are. They are a form of projectiles that used coherent particles of energy
which is not true, what you are describing is a particle Bolt like a mezon cannon which is basically a type of blaster or maser. Particle beams are just that, A beam of charged particles.

Krayzen Dratos said:
Another variant of the weapon uses sonic energy.
this is a completely different weapon altogether and would not work like this. Sonics have to be emitted by some sort of transducer. You would need to either create a new submission for a sonic weapon based on some sort of transducer or you could add a secondary transducer based system to this submission. But it would be very short ranged compared to the particle bolt system.

I based my stuff of SW Wookipidea.

A particle beam was a form of projectile that utilized coherent particles of energy that could be fired from a particle beam blaster or particle cannon turret. The beam, usually a pale yellow bolt, differed from a normal particle bolt emitted from blasters, in that a particle beam utilized particles that were not as densely packed, but were much more energized; resulting in a bolt that was both unstable, but very powerful.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Particle_beam
Wookipidea's description on a particle beam confirms what I wrote pretty well.

Also, for the sonic stuff, it is based on another approved weapon.

ADM. Reshmar

Krayzen Dratos said:
Also, for the sonic stuff, it is based on another approved weapon.
thank you for pointing that Out I missed it first time around.

as for this I will have to dig through the canon references since this is not how it would really work. I will start digging through all the referred to sources from the wiki and figure out what they are going on about because a "beam" is not a bolt. and a Ripper is a slug weapon. this is why i am confused about what you are intending.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Krayzen Dratos"] As I have found Canon instances of weapons they call particle beam rifles I will let it go, as wrong as the name is. However, the sonics are another issue I will have to work out how to proceed with it. It is not that you can not use it, it is just they do not work this way and have to be changed in both submissions.

Sound has to be emitted by a transducer, oscillator, or by vibration of something. If this were a solid projectile it would be possible for it to emit sound with some form of oscillating mechanism or a transducer. In the other submission, it fired a solid slug which could be used in such a way. There are real world equivalents to sonic ordinance but nothing on this scale. The sonic weapons of star wars are all vague for the most part but they still can only produce sonics by vibration. Also sonic energy can not be compressed, it dissipates too rapidly. If I could compress sonic energy I would already have tried it. Its what I do. So we will have to work out an alternate version of your sonic weaponry that is possible and suits your needs.

I apologize for letting it get past me in the first submission. I was concentrated on the differing sized projectile issue and somehow thought the sonic part was something different. I thought it fires sonic projectiles sorta like sonic grenades. It is not a big deal since it doesn't really effect the weapon but it sets a precedent which could be abused since sonic weapons are unable to be defended against by anyone.

Wookipidea confirms what I wrote in both submissions.

[member="Reshmar"]

The weapon's projectile, similar in function to its larger cousin, the LR1K sonic cannon, consisted of a sphere of condensed sonic energy, encapsulated within a containment sphere. Upon rupture of the containment field - which could be caused by any energy or solid based interference with the field - the sphere would explode in a contained omnidirectional blast, and if hit directly onto a living organism like the Jedi in the First Battle of Geonosis, would cause instant death by rupturing the victim's internal organs.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Geonosian_sonic_blaster/Legends

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Krayzen Dratos"] I am afraid I have to question you on this and so will I question wiki. sound can not be compressed. it has to be emitted by vibrations, it dissipates instantly, and becomes nothing in vacuum. it is impossible to use it like this. Regardless of what someone put in the wiki this can not work the way you have imagined it. It is Impossible to contain sound. Scream in a jar and seal it then open it again. you will not hear the scream.

now the weapon you linked had these elements
an emitter cowl, an oscillation chamber, a reduction chamber
they are what makes the sound. by reducing they do not mean compressing, it forces the sound through a horn which is a sloaped construction that forces the sound through a smaller opening. which doesn't compress it just makes it all come into a small point so it can be fired. The containment stuff is impossible but it is space magic I guess. star wars does not have to obey the laws of physics it seems.
so again this leaves us pretty much in the same boat regardless of the wiki. you gun needs a separate emitter for the sound. it can not be fired out the same muzzle as the particle bolt. It would have to be a separate weapon system attached to this. That is fine as I stated before. It just can not work the same as the particle cannon.

make a separate muzzle and firing system for the sonics.

Krayzen Dratos said:
As epected, when it heats the opponent, a high yield burst is created, and per the damage capabilities of sonic bolts, it will disorientate you, and rupture your organs, and if you are wearing metal, it will compress the metal, reducing its resistance against various weapons.
you will have to reword this. you need to change all the "it will's" to "it can's"

Krayzen Dratos said:
a high yield burst is created, and per the damage capabilities of sonic bolts, it will disorientate you, and rupture your organs, and if you are wearing metal, it will compress the metal, reducing its resistance against various weapons. The oscillator doesn't affect the user's ability to hold the weapon, as this weapon is a good handheld weapon for any humanoid.
The quoted text, specifically the portion which is bold and in red lettering, will need to be altered as to not outright state what will happen to the other character. It is up to the writer to decide how their character is effected by everything in Chaos, and this states a definitive outcome that more or less states how another writer has to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom