Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ravenloft (Vulpesen)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
She was looking at the data and raised an eyebrow. Vulpesen had the holocron from the sky temple and with their work on other things she had been using different bits of information they had to find things. Well she had, compared to many she tried to follow through and held a small grin on her face as she was focusing on it and looking at some of the old data records. Tax records from the old republic and imperial empire, Because as she was seeing, the information might be lost in digital form but the taxmen of the republic, empire and even jedi orders knew how to keep records. Her eyes pouring over it while she was moving and speaking. "So [member="Vulpesen"], I have been working on some records and trying to piece together the information. I think I might have found something if you'll come with me." She displayed an old golden object and spoke. "The Tedryn Holocron.... ancient and something we might be able to find if we move quickly enough.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen stretched out a bit as he walked with [member="Matsu Ike"] to survey the target of their next expedition. Due to his time as a scholar long before he was even a jedi, Vulpesen knew exactly who she spoke of. Another name of the jedi that simply couldn't be so easily lost to history. What he didn't know was the details surrounding the holocron itself. "Alright. Where are we headed?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at him with a grin. "We are going home." She had a look on her face. "To Seoul System." She was moving and showing the display as she brought up things showing it all. "The imperials had a base there and they moved shipments. A secret base is always a good place to start and with it poisoned in the atmosphere most of the planet will be preserved so I hope you are prepared for the many dangers and have your big boy pants cause this is supposed to be the source of humans in the galaxy." She hugged herself just a little as she was standing there looking over things that came to her attention. "I know a great deal of places in the unknown regions from the temple sized planet where they worshiped some of the most destructive beings in the galaxy."

He tilted his head a bit as he followed after her. "Seoul system... haven't heard much about it." He started to the ships, turning his head until a satisfying pop could be heard from his neck. "Source of humanity... galactic destroyers. Sounds fun. So, how long of a flight is it?" Dangerous missions and leaning new things. Just another day in he life of a light sided force user.

(Is this during the time when Vulps was a jedi?

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

[[no this is after he was a jedi/sith/rogue]]

Matsu was looking at him as the trip wouldn't take that long the real danger and question came from what they could find and deal with. She sat there speaking while closing her eyes. "Around eight hours, enough time to meditate and focus. I have been working on some new skills as it were and..." her voice trailed off a little as she touched her robes and revealed on a golden chain a gem that pulsed with the force and more. "not many know what this is or what one must go through to be worthy for it." She touched the heart and the force pulsed under her skin in blue-white light tendrils. "The universes heart, if the force is tied to all living things. Binding it, penetrating it and holding the universe together this is what is and has been. Forever." The smile on her face though showed the small buzz of enjoyment she felt holding it. "When meditating my friend... you can feel the pulse of everyone within the universe. A low throb just below the surface and I can almost... almost feel the differences between them."

Vulpesen's head cocked slightly to the side as he looked at the unusual gem. Certainly he had never seen something like it and the closest he could think of to it was a focusing crystal in the saber of a force user. "Have you thought of placing it in a saber or is it unsuitable for something like that?" As he spoke, the valde reached out with the force, attempting to touch the gem and search for any reaction from it.
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu held the gem as she spoke and listened to him. Once it was in her hand it was pulsing with the force and more, she had gone to them and found it on their world. THe five priestesses at the center of the universe and the force. Matsu eyes looked at him as she shook her head. "It isn't made for a saber, something older then that and yet it is warm to the touch." SHe didn't hand it over but let him feel it with the force as a warm sensation that inspired, she had faced trials to find then and then gone to a place so far removed it only existed when you used the force. "It is harder to explain and I still have much to learn about it myself but suffice it to say this gem I learned about with the ability to traverse the netherworld and materialize after my death... though now there there are rifts it might be a semi wasted effort."

Vulpesen turned the gem in his had for a moment, looking over it. Beautiful and warm, he instantly saw what she was talking about. The heart beat of the galaxy. "Perhaps..." He closed his eyes and focused himself through the crystal. Last time he did this, the power required had nearly ripped his soul apart. A desperate act to find the one he loved. But now he was more controlled and using a conduit to focus his power, something other than his own body. He felt the heat increase and his consciousness expanded to the galaxy. The stars faded to be replaced by others. These ones in clusters. Every life was a shining light and for light years around, Vulpesen could sense it all, if just for a few seconds before he released it.

"Been a while... still kinda burns." Of course, he didn't doubt Matsu would fail to notice the sudden spike in his force presence. Unlike his other abilities that were great for combat, this was something he simply developed to feel more at one with the force. A sort of inner test on his will power and connection with the ether of the galaxy.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu could feel Vulps in the force and as she took the crystal raised an eyebrow in amusement at the situation as she spoke. "It is quite a feeling isn't it?" She held a grin on her face before heading to the seat and went down. "Not many in their lifetime will experience that and I have done it twince, once escaping from the Netherworld of the force when the rifts opened and once when the force was taken from me and the five showed me where it came from. The realm where the living and the metaphysical natures meet. I passed their tests, I survived a large dragon without the force beyond what I needed to move and reconnected to it. Now I am able to feel it and have become stronger then many could imagine and that is not pride that is because the jedi who did it severed the force and not my mind. She made it so I could remember her face. Now I just live to spite her and feel the force to show what she failed to understand." Matsu looked at him. "That the lightside of the force must stick together."

He listened to her words, flicking as the heat and power from the crystal dissipated. "Tests? Dragon? Five?" The words were a bit foreign to him but, not completely. A student of the force he did learn some secrets and legends, one of which seemed to apply. "Are you talking about the rials to earn the power of force ghost?" Of course he wasn't completely sure, but if that's what [member="Matsu Ike"] was talking about, then it was something he'd like to know. After all, one way he differed from the jedi, even during his time among them, was that he did lust after immortality.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Yes." Matsu looked at him while she was there and the course laid in with a heavy silence after her small revelation. "They saw me and helped me, taught me and compared to many I have just gotten stronger and smarter. I don't take as many risks in trusting people but I know who I can trust. I train padawans who show potential compared to ones who just want to learn cool things and become knights and masters without respecting the basics." Matsu was looking at him with humor on her face though. "You know what I was talking about and now I can feel you are curious."

Vulpesen smiled a bit as he listened to the words, the two finally getting close to the ships.. "I won't hide it. Even as a jedi, the prospect of immortality was one that fascinated and called to me. And while there are certainly more fun means of it, being a ghost doesn't sound so bad. Though, I was never lucky enough to happen upon the planet of the force in my travels. Not that I've had a lot of time to search. And there's hardly any need to worry about the basics. Seems I've spent more than enough time with them."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"You must respect the basics and you do not search for the world. SOmetimes it finds you and you are led there." Matsu was watching him and letting the lines of hyperspace go past her thoughts while more and more she was looking at him. "Who knows though, perhaps there will come a time when you learn the secret or there will come a chance for you to learn how to extend you life as Selena has. She might not be liked by some but I always respected her, she was blunt and honest. No hidden agenda and less ego compared to so many others I have met within the galaxy."

He passed her a grin and continued started up the ramp of the Vixen. "I suppose its made sense. Though, I could try calling it some day with my force communion. That is, if I'm not too busy trying to act as a king of a recovering lost race." He felt his pocket lighten as Ace left to head to the controls. "Selena... I think i met her once or twice But while I wouldn't recommend her as a grand master for most times, I will say that she was perfect for her term. I doubt the order would have done as well to survive, let alone win the war without her wisdom and knack for combat."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at Vulpesen as she spoke. "Selena Halcyon is a war general, she is charismatic, cares for her troops, trusts her people and leads them both from the temple and from the front... and she does not judge unless she looks you in the eye. I respect her more then any grandmaster because she is that. Is she a good grandmster that is questionable, was she the one the order needed to go against the sith empire and push the back into the shadows? Yes she was and it is because as soon as Korriban fell the order led by kiskla and her people she gathered playing politics while we fought called for Selena to be kicked out then her replacement was run off before he even had a chance to try anything."

Vulpesen let out a small sigh and nodded to her words. "I remember. I left shortly after and I'll be honest, while I hated every moment, I won't say that the sith didn't treat me better than the new council did. Things got infinitely worse and I found myself loosing all respect for Kiskla who I once would have trusted to get me through hell on reputation alone. Very few have managed to do that. The first was Carn Dista. If you remember the army of light, then you might remember why he and I never exactly saw eye to eye."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Oh I remember Carn and the Army of Light. They were an interesting thing to see... both of them. The grandmasters I have seen though most seem to fall into their own ego and only look to the ones who agree with them. Not the ones who would tell them the truth. It is why when I deal with some masters I can be open and some I am careful but that is all orders" She had seen the same view in the silver jedi as well and some other orders that cropped up. Wanting to focus on themselves and only what mattered to them while working towards their wants and using or crushing all the others below them. "We are halfway there it looks like."

He chuckled lightly at the memory, remembering it quite easily. "I believe mine was the voice that got him to leave the hall. To say the least, he didn't much like me after that. As for the failure of grandmasters, I suppose I'll have to be careful with that as I lead the Vitae. No doubt with the looseness of our code, we'll have more than a few conflict of interests for me to deal with." His tail flicked as she spoke of their distance to go. "Can't wait to see what this place has in store for us."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"There always is, someone will take your code to loose and someone will find a way to make it strict. There must always be a balance." She was looking at some of the things though and had a grin on her face while she thought about the place they were going. After her trip with her padawans to the well she had found a great many things in the galaxy while going now with a grin on her face. "It should be a pretty place, when searching I always find the nicest places within the galaxy." She said it sarcastically for a moment but had a grin on her face with it. Going forward in the equipment and gear while she moved her head. "Though never know what you might come away with in the end."

"I want the code loose. It seems my ancestors knew what the were doing. Of course, there are some who find ways around it, but it often seem like the code balances itself quite well. I believe that was the problem with the jedi code for me. So many tenants and rules. It sometimes seemed like if you kept one you broke the other. Who's have through I'd let my beliefs be defined by only three words instead of stanzas."

With his small speech over, he started to go over the equipment he would bring on the coming expedition. "Like Rakatta prime. Lovely place and free rancor rides. Gotta say, the jobs I take do tend to come with a lot of perks don't they?" He passed her a grin and took a look over the console, making sure that everything was running well.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom