Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raph Thule

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
tumblr_mvhu22Mbsz1qzaxfso1_250.gif
tumblr_mvhu22Mbsz1qzaxfso4_250.gif
"Once I was human..."

Accessing Personnel Records…

Name: Raph Thule
Faction: Galactic Alliance

Height: 2 Meters
Weight: 92 Kilograms
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blond
Species: Human(Naboo)

Force Sensitive: No

Augmentations:

Skills:

• CQB, Breaching, Boarding Operations, Explosives Expert
  • Assault Rifles, Pistols, Melee weapons, Teras Kasi
Flaws:

Equipment:
Biography:

I came back to Naboo to see Mah'le. In the end, I just watched her from the street as she walked her kid to the park.

That could have been my kid. She could have been my wife. Instead, she’s married to some upcity hydroponic eco-engineer after I screwed everything up.

There really isn’t any way to paint myself in a kind light. I grew up in a wealthy Naboo family. My dad is a big time politician, mom too. Siblings are all set on their own careers. Not me. I’m the youngest. And I don’t have a purpose in life, or didn’t anyway.

With all this money at my fingertips I didn’t think twice about failing my way through high school, not that I was that smart anyway. A D student at best, with severe ADHD. Didn’t apply myself, didn’t want to - not when there weren’t any consequences. Sure, my parents would get mad, but a few weeks later they’d lose track of all the punishments I was supposed to be enduring and I’d be free to wreak havoc. That was something I’ve always been good at - breaking things.

I went through just about every girl at my school, then I got bored and started to go ‘off-planet’ with my friends. Did some spices that I wasn’t supposed to, got caught more than once, but when your parents are as influential in the government as mine who is gonna stop you? My records got scrubbed. I got off like it never happened, but it did happen. Over and over again.

Wasn’t all that good at sports either. About average. Did enough shockball to stay in shape, but was never going to make it pro no matter how much I talked about it. My grand plan in life consisted of having fun with whatever peaked my interest. Eventually, my parents put their feet down. Gave me an ultimatum: go to Theed University, or join the Galactic Alliance Defense Force.

I chose GADF, because I thought it sounded like fun. Adventuring, traveling and shooting Sith? What’s not to love?

Now you see why I’m not all that bright.

Went through basic with the same mentality I’d brought to primary school. A lot of the recruits were as immature as me. Funny how the Master Sergeants drilled it out of them, mostly. Not me.

I got myself blown up in the very first engagement. Dulvoyinn. Rounding a corner on the OSS Mynock, got a frag tossed in my face. I reached down to try and pick it up and throw it back. Grenade blew before I could. Left pieces of me spattered across the walls.

By all rights, I was dead. GADF Special Forces scientists disagreed. So did my mother. She arranged for my comatose body - or what was left of it anyway - to be put in an experimental program for Space Ops Marines. They took the scraps and stitched me back together better than before.

Was I happy about that? Hell no. The first two weeks I couldn’t come to terms with my ‘new’ body. Even my face barely looked the same, more synthflesh than skin. I resented what they’d done to me.
But, after Coruscant, I came to realize just how lucky I am.

I’m grateful for the second chance at life. I’m proud to serve my homeworld. I’m proud to be a marine. I might not be the brightest one, but I guess that’s why they call us Vacheads, and I’ll do my damn best to lead a better life than I did before.

Who knows… maybe one day I’ll find another Mah'le.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom