Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ranks

Triter Zone

The Littlest Space Pirate
[member="Vincente Aulisi"]
[member="Karen Roberts"]
[member="James Justice"]
[member="The Talatheen Amalgam"]

That would be a very good idea.
I'm afraid I have very little experience with this sort of thing, though; does anyone have specifics in mind?

Triter Zone

Sounds fine to me. When you're done, we'll look them over, and we can figure out if they need any changes.
As a personal suggestion, I'm thinking the highest title would be trierarch; it'd be an adaptation of an ancient Tionese word, in this case taken to mean something like a Grand Admiral.
Triter Zone, for example, is the Trierarch of the Line.
As our fleet will be one of our greatest strengths, I would say naval ranks would be a good starting point; archaic ones would be best, translated to modern equivalents.

[member="Triter Zone"]

How does this sound? :

Lord High Admiral of the Empire of the Line

Lord High Admiral

Lord Admirals

High Admiral

Admiral

Vice-Admiral

Commodore-Captain

Lord-Captain

Captain

Commander

Lieutenant-Commander

Lord-Lieutenant

First Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Third Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Midshipman

Warrant Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Petty Officer
Crewboss

Voidsman

Triter Zone

Hmm...

Lot more than 6 ranks, there. I'd say we should keep it simple.
That said, I have some ideas for alternate titles:

Trierarch (Grand Admiral/Head of State).
High Captain (Admiral).
Captain (Captain).
Vesseleer (Commander).
Shipsmate (Lieutenant-commander).
Mate (Lieutenant).
Rank Voidsman (Lieutenant junior grade).
Voidsman (midshipman).

Eight ranks, down from... twenty-four. No offense, just think we should keep things easy to remember.
What do you think?

The Talatheen Amalgam

Lord Cross; Laodicean Brothers Eternal
[member="Triter Zone"] [member="Vincente Aulisi"]

Would the marine corps be an extension of the Navy? If so, could we discuss their ranks due to the versatile nature of their jobs - I don't know if they'd configure well in the current format.

Triter Zone

[member="The Talatheen Amalgam"]

You make an excellent point Talatheen; Vincente, as much as I like your ideas, it may be a little premature to have a thread for ground ranks.

Strictly speaking, the Line does not have ground force; we have marines, who can fight on planets or aboard enemy ships as needed. We should come up with a system of ranks for them. They would best be organized as an independent command within the Navy.
If you agree, I might close the Ground Ranks thread.

The Talatheen Amalgam

Lord Cross; Laodicean Brothers Eternal
[member="Triter Zone"] [member="Vincente Aulisi"]

I approve - very nicely done, though as Triter said, let's not leave it concrete. Depending on future structure or necessity it may need changed.

But until then, I like it very much. Perhaps, when I'm not busy, I can do a little research and shoot you a PM to discuss the structure in finer detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom