Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Ranger's Division Shipboard Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
zpR4nlu.jpg

Name: Ranger's Division Shipboard Marine
Intent: To start a more focused and detailed unit management for rebellions, events, dominions
Affiliation: Order of The Silver Jedi

Availability: Common

Quality: C - Trained

Type: Infantry

Strength: The strength of the Marines is that they are assigned to ships and going by the size of the ships the amount of security and defenders changes with small frigates maybe having a company on frigates with standard crews around five hundred to seven hundred. Where as the massive battlecruisers could have a few thousand marines given its size.
100 Per Company
1 Company per frigate sized vessels 400m

Description: Serving as naval security officers, quick response commandos and fighters on ships. The Marines main position is on the ship protecting the crew so the standard Ranger's division is not used or kept in place. Their primary positions are as the security officers and those who are stationed in the brig and rooms where the commanders and admirals will need them. A small bridge between the two sides as they are trained in naval procedures and how to work the ships but they have the skills of the ranger's and army. Their gear reflects that being moderate with standard equipment and a lack of vehicles. The title for the lead is the Master at Arms and they are in charge of discipline as well with the captain or admiral.

Their training began in the main division of the ranger's where they go through basic and tested to see what skills they have. If their aptitude goes towards maintaining the security they can be taken to train with the ships in operations. In a fight they wear medium armor and have strong weapons. in normal day to day they wear a black stripped uniform to coordinate on ships. The duties compared to other marines in groups from history is they do not participate in boarding against other ships. Leaving that to a small division specifically trained. The marines are taken from the general main division in the main training building they have. The different divisions picking and choosing where they show skills and talent.

Links:
Master At Arms - The rank and dutie I am going for but it didn't say what the ones who would be under them aside from rank

Armor:
Sasori Medium Armor:

Weapons:
Tangler Grenade:
Grav Grenade
SHG-001- Ranger's Field Pistol:
SAR-004- Ranger's Assault Rifle:
SCK-007- Ranger's Combat Knife:
Magnetic Caltrops:
Shikai Rounds:

Field Equipment:
Ranger's Field Brazier:
Seimei Hand Axe:
Seimei Glowrod:
Sakura Foam
Saori Packs

[member="Willa Isard"],

Second submission to deal with - I would ask that you crop your image, though. When it's bigger than your entire submission, it's excessively sized. Please do resize it!

As before, I need definite numbers on your troops: you've left that relatively non-specific (as 150 per ship), which would suggest tens of thousands, knowing the sort of fleets the SJO tend to field these days. Please do give a precise number for those deployed.

I'd also like to know a little about their training and how they fully fit into the Naval Chain of Command: are they Naval officers on specific duty (and thus, trained at some form of Jedi Order Naval Academy), are they standard infantry soldiers from one of your military academies attached to Naval duty? What specifically are they trained to do aboard ship?

Also, the equipment checks out fine, but I'd ask: would a naval officer end up wearing armour full-time? The armour you've provided is fairly heavy equipment, including helmet and Force-enhancing crystals builts in, in addition to an onboard Sasori Powerblade. Is that realistic for a normal officer? Strikes me as appropriate for Marines engaging in a boarding action or some such, but not day-to-day ship discipline and protection. Is there a uniform that they wear when not engaged in such heavy actions? Just want to clarify that!

Thanks for your submission.

[member="Tirdarius"]

edited the numbers somewhat but I am unsure so asked someone with a lot more knowledge about it then myself or google. Asking how many security officers would be on a ship didn't give much... but I am trying to get it as a varies since a small frigate would need maybe a squad while some of the large battlecruisers would have a lot more
edited the descriptions to tighten it up and add a little more about their normal day to day with uniforms that haven't been submitted yet. the person in the thread just disappeared.
edited the image itself down to something smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom