Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ranger Task Force X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Name: Ranger Tack Force X
Affiliation: Antarian Ranger's
Availability: Unique
Type: Special Squad
Strength:
  • 8 members strong
  • 4 force users
  • 3 NFU's
  • 1 Overseer
Description:
Created by an ambitious Ranger within Jailhouse 41, the Silver Shadows prison, the task force is comprised of the redeemable or best thing to it. There are some criminals and darksiders who are dangerous and can't be trusted... but then there are others who as was believed if channeled correctly could shorten their sentences and find a way to balance the scales. That does not mean they are given freedom, seven prisoners at a time with an eight ranger there to over see them in secret. Explosive slave chips are implanted in their bodies that can be detonated by the overseer or Ranger's command.

The task force is comprised of four darksider users, usually former sith that have been captured and while not seeking or willing to be redeemed were not found to have done truly heinous crimes. With three criminals usually picked up by the rangers in different sectors being added in to off set their personalities and provide cover for the eight member who is the overseer and one made to observe them. Their equipment is generally outdated, their existence within the Order of the Silver Jedi itself unknown as they couldn't accept this. Instead the Ranger's have found a new way to help out their jedi allies by turning their enemies into something useful to the sector.

The other purpose of the squad is to if need be get into the places others can't or won't be able to. Criminals can usually tell when a jedi is there same with some of the sith worlds, Task Force X is able to infiltrate and scout out locations of value and danger so they can report back. If need be they can attack for the rangers and soften up or clear out some areas but as far as the galaxy and Silver Order are concerned... These are criminals who were lost in transport and banded together to become a problem. Or at worse their chips are activated and the overseer walks away to put together a new squad and start the process all over again.

Links:

[member="Matsu Ike"]
I'm...not sure I like this. The Silver Jedi are supposed to use the Light Side.
Using squads of Dark Siders and criminals who they can kill instantly...doesn't sit right with me.

This is more something the Sith, Mandalorians or others would do, not Jedi of any stripe.

Please let me know your reasoning here.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

We were talking on skype about a way to get the Ranger's the Silver Jedi's soldiers, special forces and non force users active. One of the ideas was a special squad like Havoc that could and had space for PC's to join and leave as they wanted the roles being filled with NPC's. A rotating stable as it were who could be deployed in factions threads. Then we talked about how just making a copy of Havoc wouldn't serve a purpose but there were other types out there. This led into a discussion of the Suicide Squad which was well received. The Silver Jedi faction controls worlds within old sith space, predominately and historically held by darksiders (not all sith but evil, wicked, cruel, darkside leaning people) criminals and we had just built a prison for the Antaran Ranger's that they use. For a moment (I don't know if they are still interested and wanting in) we had three wanting to be in, one joining as a member, one as lead and one to oppose their use in an IC perspective using it for story and to raise some tensions. I do agree with you that jedi wouldn't do this no matter the stripe which is why this is and I believe mentioned as a strictly Ranger endeavor without the Silver jedi's knowledge IC wise. OOC wise we wanted to try something to get activity for the other groups within the Silver Jedi. If it works it works for getting some activity, if it fails it can be pulled easily enough.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

After discussion with your faction head, and my own thoughts, this is denied. It is wildly out of alignment for anyone even vaguely light-side and a really, really bad IC idea anyway.

If at some stage you wish to bring this back you may second chance it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom