Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Encounters

[member="Bryn Celli Ddu"]
Zaiden stood silent as a statue atop the lightning rod atop Ahvulan, the highest unnatural point on Val’hala. Winds blew, the air was thin, and yet he seemed utterly undeterred. This was a master that had seen to much, fought to many powers in the Force that could make Sideous look like a child, hell he had died and came back to many times. The man was simply put, a power house.

Maybe he might be afraid, if say, Ashin stood nearby ready to attack. Or maybe if Darren Shaw was nearby he might get cautious. Just nature and a potential fall? This wouldn’t be anything to fear, hell the man could fly if he wished. He had done so many times before.

Lightly stepping back, the man reached out and gripped the rod as he moved past it, using it as a means to guide his fall. Once atop his corporate headquarters, he moved to get inside the building. Passing many a worker, alongside citizen zealots that still wished to appease their Lord, their literal God brought corporeal. How they figured this was still his story, after four deaths, he would never understand. Hell, an entire planet, with billions, who all worshiped him and wished to do whatever it was he wished, even if it meant death? He could use that, even if they made no sense.

Before long, he entered the massive walkway on floor three thirty seven. Looking about at the populated landing, he walked to the edge and looked over, down into the huge free fall leading to darkness below. How had he come to be in control of a planet such as this? He could never quite understand. A prophecy? Well it led to becoming a God King of one of the top five most populated planets, more wealthy than most beings in control of entire factions, and in control of an ecumonopolis – a planet exactly the same as Coruscant. A planet wide city.

A man approached, “Sir, is there anything I can do?”

Relaxing against the railing and looking down into the abyss like fall, Vokun smiled, “Sure Seras, bring me a drink.”

The cyborg had been granted some freedom to wander the galaxy as a whole as long as she made regular reports back to the Sith Empire. In her reports she needed to include where she travelled, what she observed and any actions she might take there. Since she wasn't on any mission, she was not wearing her dark garb.

Instead she did wear dark pants because pants worked far better to get around in than skirts or dresses. Her top was an ivory hue that was just a little lighter than the color of her skin. She looked down at her exposed arms and shook her head slightly and thought she needed to get out into the sun a bit more.

This world was interesting to her and she was curious as to how it was run. She had been through some technological training and was looking through some of the information on the planet. Almost looking like the tourist she was, she didn't notice any of the people walking past her.

Val'hala wasn't like any planet she had been to before. Of course, she had heard of Coruscant and wanted to go there at some point. This was quite similar and probably had many of the same characteristics. What she saw around her was all pleasing to the eye and senses. Under everything though, she was sure there was a darker side.

Not knowing a drink had been ordered not far from her, she turned away from the terminal she had been looking at and pretty much bumped into the man walking past her.

"Excuse me."

Taking a step back to avoid getting run down by the man on his drink mission, her eyes followed him as he continued past her. She took her eyes off him and looked around her finally paying attention to what was going on. Different people and races were milling around and from the direction the man had come from stood a lone figure looking over the railing.

The view beyond him was amazing and Bryn stood still to gaze out at the city world in all its beauty.

[member="Vokun"]

As the truest assasin that he was, Vokun never let his guard down, even in sleep. So he knew he was being watched for a moment. Before he could respond, he noted the person also began to enjoy the view that he too was enjoying. Smiling a soft twitch of the lips, he enjoyed his moment before offering a hand in greeting, "Howdy, I am Vokun, God King of this planet. I have for quite a time not been around, so I apologize if my study of the environment was in your way." Once the ruler of an entire faction, Master Assassin that had killed millions, Sorceror of the darkest arts, this man was now humbled by death. He would not become as he once had been.

A literal xenocidal powerhouse.

Turning to rest his back against the railing, he took a moment to interact with those passing that noticed him. Some begged for assistance with crops, others worried over sick relatives. He shook hands, he nodded and promised assistance for what he could, even going so far as to promise his own assistance in the curing of a severe ailment that bothered a young girl, whose mother was overjoyed at the announcement.

Finally the man turned his attention back to the newcomer, "Is there anything I can do to offer you a better stay upon my domain?" He had sensed something dark about this woman, something familiar to him... Sith. The likelihood she was of the dark empire was strong, but he also did not show hate toward this fact. He had once been the Hand of the Empress, sent to kill whomever was wronging the nationality of her people.

Suddenly his drink arrived. A bottle of Val'halain Brandy. Surprisingly the man had brought two glasses, almost as if he sensed that a new arrival would appear. Pouring his own drink, he smiled, "Care for a drink?"

Her eyes left the view in front of her and returned to Vokun when he spoke. Not breaking eye contact with him, she met his hand in the same manner and gave him a firm, shake. Not hard enough to crush bones or anything, but enough to indicate her sense of confidence.

"Bryn Celli Ddu. Do you want to be addressed as a god, nobility or by your name? Why do you apologize? This is your world."

They were honest questions and she let go of his hand as the others around him began to crowd in as he was noticed. She listened to their pleas, but felt very little sympathy for them. Her home was a rock of ice and the only places to live were under the frozen water. The only ones that tugged at her heart were those dealing with family.

Once most of the traffic had been dealt with, he turned his attention back to her. Asking if there was anything he could offer, she canted her head to the side slightly and shook it.

"I have only really just arrived, so have no idea what I might want while I am here."

What she said was true. She did make a note of who she was speaking with and would report that back to the Sith. There was a chance they would be interested in knowing of his return.

When his drink arrived, she noticed two glasses were delivered with the bottle. He offered her one after he poured the first.

"Yes, please. That would be great."

[member="Vokun"]

"I am both God King, Count of Coruscant at birth, and an every man." He offered a smile as he poured her a drink as well, sizable despite the cost of the bottle, "Please, just Vokun is best for me, though if you prefer a title feel free to whichever you wish." He took a small sip from his drink, enjoying the oaky taste, small burn as it descended, and overall head he could feel immediately.

"If you don't know what you want to do, how about a walk? Or if you are into the type, we can go exercise. I know some that do that." Vokun gestured down the vast fall they were near, "We could also go sight seeing. Or we could part ways. All up to you, I have a freedom most do not." Part of him had an inkling she was here for untold reasons, and maybe she would be mapping the planet for superiors. If so than sight seeing would aide her in that end, and if she truly was a Sith, many of them enjoyed sparring and he was also down for that.

"Seras, please return to the suite, and grab my jacket please." This request might be odd, considering he wore a vest like coat, with a hood that was not yet drawn. To most it was actually stylish, "I know that must be weird-" He said, looking to the woman, "But this vest is special, but not a real coat. It hides me entirely in the Force, none can sense me, nor any attack that comes from me, thanks to it. The coat he is to bring is both amazing for its protection from the weather, but also is entirely to protective via damage. It is like armor, but a jacket. Neat.

"Plus, a noble needs protection should he go for a walk."

(See the coat in my signature for the vest I refer to.)

She accepted the glas when he poured it for her and took a sip. She was versed in how to drink socially and this classified as that kind of situation. As an assassin (even if she wasn't here as one), they were trained to fit in and become close to their targets. So with that training, she did her best to do that and didn't think of the assassin part of things. She was here to just be and have some freedom.

"Since you are offering to join me and treating me like an esteemed guest, I would like to sight see and walk around. As leader here, I would assume you have a great deal of freedom."

While she was not here on a mission exactly, what she did see would be reported back. When he assumed she thought his request for a jacket would be odd, she shook her head slightly. As he explained it wasn't an actual coat, but something that kept him hidden in the Force, she nodded.

That wasn't something she had any sort of grasp on and no training if she could use it. Already her training put her beyond the capabilities of most humans. Extra strength, augmented sight, exceptional hearing and a great amount of stamina, these were just a few things that set her apart from being a normal human.

"Your jacket does sound quite interesting. I have only what I am wearing, though in my ship are my other belongings. Since I have no idea how long I would be staying here, I did not bring anything else with me."

She considered what it could do and realized even she could use something like that in her job. Even if one couldn't use the Force, they still gave off an aura. To be able to keep that buried would be wonderful.

"Where did you get such an item?"

[member="Vokun"]

"These are made by my company, and rather cheap as well, considering the potential." Vokun smiled, and turned to walk, gesturing she should follow, "Yes I have the utmost freedom here. Choose a home, I can entire unhindered. A closed VIP location? I can go. Its a pleasure of mine to have the greatest freedom imaginable." He stated, then gestured to a nearby building that they were approaching, "This tower used to be the home to my company, Ahvulan, when it was known as James Armor co, or JAC. It was destroyed, rebuilt, and now houses a thousand or so families and their many relations." He did not admit that it was destroyed because of the fight he, Darren Shaw, and Ashin all had against each other.

It had been grand.

"If you like we can go to a nearby Zoo. It is renowned for its quality, and diversity. Animals from everywhere are located within its housing, including extinct animals we are returning to life and thrive." This was no boast, a simple factoid he let go. they were constantly finding DNA strands of long dead species, tweaking them so as to allow life once more, and trying to return them to their natural habitats. In an event where they cannot, they are housed there.

"Or over there is an opera house," He gestured again, "And there is a dojo of sorts, we could watch a fight." He continued his walk, absent mindedly carrying his drink along in the air behind himself through use of the Force.

It impressed her that he had his own company to make him clothes but she shouldn't have been surprised. He was the ruler here and could have anything he wanted. When he spoke of the freedoms he had, she returned that smile and fell into step with him. When he mentioned the tower in front of them, she lifted an eyebrow just slightly.

"What caused its destruction?"

Family seemed important to her so she highly approved of the housing arrangements he provided for his people.

Her interest in nature and animals was rather limited, so the zoo held very little for her. Though it intrigued her slightly in that they were working to bring back extinct animals. History was something she would like to know about and she was sure this world had a great deal of that to learn.

In a way, she also wondered if there were new or different fighting styles that originated here. However, she decided to go with her first interest.

"Are there any museums devoted to the history here?"

She didn't miss the fact he didn't carry his drink like she had to. Taking a sip of it, the burn was something nice and the taste was wonderful.

[member="Vokun"]

Zaiden chuckled, "Which time? Originally, while in use, myself and two others, Darren Shaw and Ashin Varanin, two incredibly powerful Masters of the Force, sought to control me. At the time I was very dark, incredibly. I was doing bad things, terrible things. They knew it. They came, each prepared for battle. They caught me by surprise, attempting to best me. Neither could. It ended with myself in near death state, both others matching, and the building nearly down to rubble.

"It was rebuilt. And then, again, at another time, Ashin came for me. Again I had been doing things she needed to stop. Her and an entire faction came to take me down. I died. The building was destroyed, and the business moved to a separate location. They literally bombarded it with a ship. A whole ship went down upon it.

"Rather overkill in my opinion." He finished, then nodded, "Yes there are several. One even in my own estate. Museums are a desired location for much of my people. You see they are all a religious zealot type. So they need our history.

"Would you care to attend one?"

Blinking just slightly when he asked about which time, she couldn't help but almost chuckle when he answered. Not to make light of the suffering anybody went through then, it appeared he changed from those days. She didn't know if it was good or bad that he knew he was doing something bad. Her moral compass lacked and she really didn't fully comprehend right and wrong, good or bad. The outcome was the only thing that mattered, not how it came to pass.

"I would agree that was bit much to take out a single person. They should have gone about it in more stealthy manner. Send in a person or two to accomplish the goal."

That was how she thought. Use the minimum needed to get the job done.

"Take me to the museum you think is the best."

As a visitor and one without very much information to off of, she would accept his guidance here and hope wherever they went, she would be able to learn something. That had already started and some things had been mentally noted. The history part was for her own personal interest and not something she would share with the Empire.

[member="Vokun"]

Zaiden nodded, turning and gently taking her hand. Softly the air around them began to press in on them, before suddenly they were no longer on the large space they had taken up. No now, in an instant, Zaiden folded space and they were out front his home. A very large distance away. "The one inside my home has been assisted by every major museum around." He placed a delicate kiss upon the back of her hand, then released it.

"You have to understand, in my day I had been bent on becoming a true god. I couldnt be taken down by two of their best. I could not be taken down by a small army. They did what they thought was best." Zaiden sighed, "But in the end I do feel the men would have been better.

"The number of dead..." He paused. Staying silent for a long moment to reflect, he offered his most dazzling smile, "Welcome to Greyson Estates. It is my home for... well a long time." He chuckled.

If Bryn didn't have such an iron grip on her emotional control, she probably would have gasped in surprise at what happened after Vokun took a hold of her hand. One moment they were walking along the street and then next moment they were in another location entirely.

She let the surprise flow through her and into the funnel where her emotions were drawn and let it go. To show it would be a weakness and she did not want to appear weak in front of her guide.

He mentioned the museum on his estate had been assisted by all the major ones around, she nodded. Then he raised her hand and lightly kissed the back of it only to release it.

As he spoke about what happened, his tone seemed distant in a way. Slightly breathy and then he sighed. There was something he said before he brought her here that finally sunk into her mind.

"You said you died, yet here we are talking and interacting. Are you some sort of ghost or spirit?"

That wasn't logical nor did it make any sense. After he mentioned there were many that had died, he was silent. If the mission the others had been sent here to kill him had been accomplished, then what did it matter if it had been completed? Death came to all and there was no avoiding that.

"How long is a long time?"

[member="Vokun"]

"I have died multiple times. No lie. However, once upon a time, more years than I would like to admit, I learned what it meant to be able to transfer souls. So upon death, I now know how to remove a bodies soul, and then inhabit it. Allowing it to become mine." Zaiden admitted, consiously wondering why he was so open with one had just met. But from the moments together he had not believed she would use the information he provided against him. So why not let her know? That is how a bond is formed, is it not? Sometimes he had to question his own ideals, whether this was true or not. Whether he should keep his mouth shut, never revealing his secrets.

"A long time is... well, a LONG time." Zaiden had been around enough now to watch factions that concurred half the galaxy fall, simply to be replaced by another, watching that to fall. He was well into the age where naturally he should be dead. But this was a man that never gave up. Never backed down. Even now in his much more neutral, rogueish, state. This was simply not his nature, no matter the way that he actedd.

"The long story short, is this is a body cloned but made brain dead. It was designed in a lab then held in stasis for when I died. Now I inhabit it as my own." Zaiden murmured, then looked at her flashing his most dazzling smile, "So, did that answer your question?"

She gave a slow nod as he answered her question about how he was alive now. if she had been here as an assassin to kill him, it would have been entirely pointless. For some reason, she believed him and trusted what he said. Her Imperial training and their history also told her this was possible. Actually meeting somebody that could perform the skill was something she never thought would happen to her.

Listening to his still rather vague answer on amount of time, she again almost chuckled. It appeared that showing a smile or pleasure wasn't a weakness though as Vokun smiled at her quite often.

"I feel that when I die, that it will be final. Only those gifted with being able to use the Force can live on forever."

Did it make her feel better knowing the body he was in was a clone? In a way it did because no soul died in the making of it. It was also many people's desire to live forever. If taking over the body of another meant that would happen, then she didn't feel it was entirely wrong.

"Yes, it does. Just not concerning amount of time."

Now she did give him a shadow of a smile.

[member="Vokun"]

She had finally offered a smile, breaking her dark demeanor, and he grinned a broad response, "Ah, finally some sign of emotion. You know, whatever you were taught, emotion is not a weakness. It is how you handle it that can be a weakness. Do not let the emotion control you, and you will be just fine." Turning suddenly at the appearance a small man he said, "Torre, I need you to bring me some items for our venture through the museum." At that the man dissapeared. He was Force Adept and could sense his Masters needs.

"Lets go." Vokun murmured and began walking around his estate, toward the south east wing. There was the museum and as they approached one could notice the building was almost a third the size of his gargantuan grounds and home. It held knowledge of a thousand generations and more. Through it this woman would be able to gather much info for her people.

"Inside you will find all you are needing to know, and you can make your report indoors if you wish." The man finally revealed he knew she was here for knowledge.

It wasn't so much that Bryn had a darkness about her, but rather it was something serious. She didn't appear unhappy, but quite neutral. Listening in silence as he spoke, his words of advice were reasonable and probably correct.

"Emotions aren't a weakness, but the showing of them are."

She had emotions just like any sentient being would, but had been taught to keep them on a tight leash and not display them openly. Controlling what she felt was second nature to her, but the showing of those emotions was not something she was taught. Yet it felt natural and good to smile.

"How do you more that I am more than a mere tourist here?"

Thinking back on their recent interactions, meeting and conversation, Bryn couldn't figure out how he could have picked up on that fact she was gathering information.

[member="Vokun"]

Zaiden nodded, "I used to feel the same, but alas, no, revealing emotion is not a weakness either. You can easily show emotion, using it for your own good and more." He said. It was like once upon a time, when he was young and thought much the same. He legitimately did not even attempt to do the same now, instead he did reveal and allow himself.

"If you allow yourself to show emotion, you allow yourself to show that you are alive. When I was Sith, I laughed, I smiled, but only when by myself, as you seem to understand. Let me tell you though, that after I was finished with their ilk, I began to reveal who I was. It empowered me." He said.

"I can tell who you are, through use of the Force. Not everything, but some, I can sense as warnings toward myself. But I dont believe this situation is to much of a threat, so do as you want with the information. Reveal it all, or dont and remain my friend in the making."

"How is it not a weakness? To openly show and display how one feels, especially in social situation can lead to another person finding them and exploiting them."

Though she started thinking on the relationships she's had through her life, happiness, humor and pleasure had seemed acceptable to show. Anger had not been. She had been trained to keep an iron grip on all her emotions, but perhaps some could be shown.

Looking around the estate as they walked, she saw a few different buildings and the one they were heading to.

"Well you are correct, but not entirely. I am here as a tourist and have been given freedom to explore. However, whatever I learn does need to get forwarded at my discretion."

His last statement brought some thought to her and what just it might mean. Her face grew slightly distant as she considered her words. Her childhood memories were gone and replaced by the training she had been given.

"What are the use of friends when life is so disposable?"

There were people like Vokun that could avoid death, but then there were those like that could be gone in a flash with no hope of return.

[member="Vokun"]

This brought pause. His eyes narrowed, thoughtfully he stood his ground, rubbing at his chin, "You have quite a point. For a time... a long time, I felt the same. I made no friends, only alliances. However," He looked to her, "I was forced to see that even the strongest, most powerful, the ones that can bring down mountains themselves, or towers if you wish to think of it that way," His smile was small, "even they need friends. You simply can't, and I emphasize that, go at it all without friendship. Metus, has allies he called friends, Ashin had friends, Carnifex has friends, I had friends. The most powerful beings in history had people close to them.

"Going at it alone, literally means you are facing the entire Galaxy by yourself." Zaiden said, "And Hell i would rather have you by my side, if I had no one else, because having someone means never being alone, even when separated." He chuckled, "I'll be your friend if you want to give it a test run. I have billions of creds, an entire planet to call my property, not to mention its people. So I could be a useful friend." Glancing her way he continued, "If you like that is."

Heading closer to the museum doors, they opened with a wave of his hand, sliding into the walls at their approach. His drink floated closer to him, he caught it, downed it, and tossed aside the glass. Stepping inside the museum he smiled, the smell was that of true history. It smelled of, and any lover of books, true pages, will know the smell of old paper books. Combined with the smell of dusty bones, for even in their vision, one could see massive bone structure exhibits. Then came the sounds... none. Not to say they were alone, because you could see the dozens of patrons. No, it was that there was a sort of respect to the place and what it meant. The occasional beep and mumble of an electronic exhibit narrator, that was it. Even children in the building seemed to understand this was a place to be calm, or get in the severest of troubles.

"Welcome to my history."

She was no powerhouse or leader, just a simple woman in the employment of a government greater than she ever would be. Something he said perked her curiosity.

"What is the difference between a friend and an ally?"

There was always a need for allies and this she understood. With them at her side, she knew she wasn't alone and taking on the galaxy as he put it. His offer to give friendship a try was met with a rather flat look, it was a small show of emotion though and she wondered if he was really interested in what he offered.

"Aren't relationships, friendship or allies formed over time?"

It seemed to be a work in progress and she was learning. That was something that continued through life and would probably never end until she died.

His movement to finish his drink reminded her she still had some left. Lifting her glass slightly, she tipped it in his direction and took a sip.

"To figuring out the difference. Yes, I'll give it a try."

They walked into the museum and she stopped. Her eyes went over what could be seem right away and stopped on some of the bones in the large exhibit.

"What is that?"

[member="Vokun"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom