Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Ranator-class Star Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
TSJAmaterasu1.jpg

Intent: To develop a Star Destroyer, of the same technological generation as(or one later than) the Tulak Hord, capable of being utilized as a supercarrier, similar to the role of the ancient Venator-class Star Destroyer, or the later Secutor-class Star Destroyer.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Subach-Innes | Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
Model: Star Destroyer, Carrier-based
Affiliation: Sith Empire | Open Market
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel(hull), Quadanium Steel(frame), Turadium(bridge tower reinforcements)
Description: With the submission of their Star Dreadnaught design, the ship-builders at Subach-Innes were growing ever more ambitious. Observation of the Gorgon, the Tulak Hord under the command of the Sith Knight known as Pandeima, combined with disassembly and reverse-engineering of a Venator hulk on Raxus Prime, resulted in the initial plans for the new Ranator-class Star Destroyer. Similar to the combination of a Tulak Hord and a Venator, the vessel displays rather aesthetically pleasing lines, with a well-defended bridge tower similar to that of the Tulak Hord, but lower and less projecting.

Being a Star Destroyer, the Ranator carries a significant amount of firepower, but is admittedly weaker armament-wise than its comparative brother, the Tulak Hord. It does have superior point-defense weapons, however, particularly due to its need to defend from fighters. Like the Star Dreadnaught developed for the Empire, all Raynators feature a 2:1 ratio Matter-Antimatter Reactor(reducible to 5:1 in the event of instability) and a pair of backup hyperdrives, the latter of which has an independent power source for use in the event that the ship is caught without power. This makes the vessel far more retrievable than its fellow Star Destroyer peers, reducing overall casualty rate in the event of major damage.

The primary reason to utilize the Ranator, however, its its increased fighter capacity. Sacrificing the majority of the Tulak Hord's guns, the Ranator's hangar bay features a definitive increase in capacity over the Tulak Hord, living up to its identity as a supercarrier. A forward launch path and two side-mounted hangar doors allow for the quick launch of fighters and bombers in the event of an attack. More ground forces can be carried as well, including the Ranator's most significant capacity increase over the Tulak Hord: a prefabricated garrison base. The result is that less Raynators can successfully output the same number of ground forces, plus prefab bases, as a greater number of Tulak Hords.

Whether to utilize a Tulak Hord or a Ranator as a frontline combatant depends on the preference of the commander. Similar to the dichotomy between the Venator and the Victory, the Ranator has been designed predominantly with fighter capacity in mind, while the Tulak Hord has been designed with ship-to-ship combat as the foremost preference. Whether the Ranator will regain the predominance of tactical use of fighters over full-scale warships remains to be seen.
[SIZE=11pt]Classification: Capital Ship[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Role: Supercarrier[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Height: 450m[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Width: 600m[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Length: 2000m[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Power Core Generator/Reactor: 2:1 Ratio Matter-Antimatter Reactor[/SIZE], Fusion Reactor(for secondary backup hyperdrive)
[SIZE=11pt]Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1, Class 7 Primary Backup, Class 13 Secondary Backup[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Minimum Crew: 3,500[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Optimal Crew: 10,000[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Armaments:
10 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries
10 Ion Cannon Batteries[/SIZE]
10 Tractor Beams
50 Point Defense Cannon Batteries
20 Quad Laser Cannons

[SIZE=11pt]Hangar:
60 Taral-class Starfighters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]48 Galaxy-class Bombers[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]36 Dominus-class Starfighters
48 S90 MAAT Gunships[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]50 Walker Barges
50 Z3 Aerial Attack Drones
1 Prefabricated Garrison Base[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Non-Combative Attachments: Sensors, Shields[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Passenger Capacity: 2,500[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Cargo Capacity: 20,000 metric tons[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Consumables: 1 year[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 8[/SIZE]

Modification Request (02/09/2018)
Original Section(s):
Manufacturer: Subach-Innes
Affiliation: Sith Empire
Name: Ranator-class Star Destroyer

New Section(s):

Manufacturer: Subach-Innes | Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
Affiliation: Sith Empire | Open Market
Name: Ranator-class Star Carrier

@[member="Pandeima"]

My only issue with this submission is the reactor the ratio of the reactor you are using. The dreadnaught you are referring too was event tech and it is the only reason it has a reactor with a ratio of that kind. I cannot allow an antimatter reactor with a 2:1 ratio.

Tone it down to a standard reactor and we're good to go on this.

In the threads I've done up to this point, the reactors of my ships have been 2:1 variable down to 5:1 in the event of an emergency. I mentioned that in the dev thread I did with Tyrin that said reactors I've been using were that way. If I've made a mistake in regards to how antimatter reactor ratios work, I'm sorry, and if this is a problem, I'll just replace it with a hypermatter annihilation reactor and we can get the sub through.

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom