Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raising a Clan-(Clan Raxis/Mandos)

MandoFatherSon.jpg
[member="James Justice"]​
[member="Freyia Whitelight"]​
[member="Jagen Wren"]​
[member="Kaeda Vevut"]​
[member="Gray Raxis"]​
[member="Kharn Maarrik"]​
[member="Kiber Thaxton"]​
[member="Onna Sunrider"]​
OOC: Anyone is welcome to join. First come first serve.​
------------------------------------------------------------------------​
"Allit." It stood for Clan or Family. One of the most important tenets of the Resol'Nare, binding Clan to clan, Vode to Vode and making up the very fabric of the Mandalorian warrior society. Today was a special day, the first time Jack would be able to add to the ranks of the Mando'ade. He was freshly promoted from the Battle at Roche and had called all of his closest allies and associates to him on the Homestead.

There was a banquet set out for them, casks of beer and a roaring fire off in the corner of the fields. Down the main walkway towards his house newly spun banners of a Red Wolf with a Black background danced upon the winds, symbolizing the very heart of his new clans ferocity. Today was a day for Adoption, and to come together for the first time as a Clan

At the head of the steps Jack waited, a stern face, and standing tall, bearing for them each a ceremonial Knife. A Besk'ad, made from Beskar for the newest members. He had them lined up in a column and nodded, Waving them on. The order of precedence had already been set. Now it was just time for their ceremony, to bring them into the mighty fold of Manda'yaim...

Jack had been a good business associate. He had been a great friend more than than. The spacer was reaching the point of paranoid lately; Stardust, Rose Blade, and then Cloudburner's betrayal had each left him more and more suspicious of his inner ring.

But Mandos had been his allies or at least many of the individuals within the clans. So the invite into the clan Raxis was an honor he could not refuse. He hoped that this would go a long way towards helping build something bigger and stronger than himself that would outlast him. He wanted the galaxy to be a better place. He would do anything for it, even break every code of conduct there was in the galaxy. Most he had.

Wearing his leather jacket over light mandolorian armor, James was standing with this commencement and initiation ceremony. A helmet was tucked under his arm in an attempt at looking somewhat military. He had forgone the cigarette at the moment but a hint of alcohol still played in his blood. Time to become a Mandolorian.

[member="James Justice"]

James was first in line, and Jack nodded, signalling him to walk towards the deck. With one hand he picked up a Besk'ad from the table and held it with the hilt towards him, imploring him to take the weapon for his own. James had been a good associate of Jack's and never showed an Ill will towards the Clans.

After a few missions he'd come to trust the smug spacer, and now with his crew dwindling, he needed close allies and Family more than ever.

"James Justice. Close friend and Ally of the Mando'ade, do you take on the duties of the Resol'Nare, swearing to live by it? To raise your children as Mandalorians, To wear your armor proudly, To look after and defend and your family and contribute to the Welfare of the Clans. And most important, to answer the Call of the Mandalore, in time of peace or war?"

James took the weapon in his hand and resisted the urge to spin it in his hand and flourish it. Man would Nyx like this thing. She might even be jealous. Nyx. Even in a time like this he was still thinking about women. Would anyone be surprised? Nope.

Holding the blade with both hands as the honored prize it was he grinned. "Aye, Mate. I do."

Was he happy? Darn strait. There would be much drinking by the time this was over. So much alcohol it almost made him giddy.

The spacer gave a slight bow and stepped aside for the next member.

[member="James Justice"]

"Welcome to the Mando'ade. I declare James Justice Aliit'Buir, a Clan father."

Jack cracked a grin and then returned to his nomral face, grabbing the next sword. He held it hilt first and barked across the crowds.

"Next."

The next adoptee came forwards, and Jack simply stood, waiting to see who they were and what they would have to say for themselves.

Kiber_Thaxton

Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire
[member="Jack Raxis"]

Kiber watched the proceedings closely, clad in his well-worn black and silver armour, reiterating this Resol'nare to Palkay, who wore a much more fitting version, with her helmet tucked under her arm. "This is the most important ceremony for a Mando'ade, Palkay. I went through my very own ceremony just after my fourteenth birthday," as she watched the ceremony, Palkay began to feel a knot forming in her stomach.

"Don't be nervous. You will do just fine," Kiber squeezed her hand tightly and gave her a reassuring smile. Palkay listened intently as her father told her of the six Resol'nare and that she would become, in time and with his help of course, the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy. "I need someone to carry on the legacy when I am too old to fight," the young Mirialan nodded and gave her father a kiss on the cheek.

When Jack called out for the next adoptee to step forward, Kiber squeezed Palkay's hand more, before taking up the call and standing in front of the spacer - Vassara would definitely be proud.

[member="Kiber Thaxton"]

Kibers Daughter was next. Jack nodded. Kiber was something of a Shadow, appearing here and there, then running off to do bounty work. He was a stalwart Mando'ade however, having served alongside Vassara with the Red Legion in his early days. Jack cracked a grin again as he handed the hilt into Kibers hand.

He could present his daughter her first Clan weapon. A little family bonding.

"Kiber Thaxtons Aliit. Palkay was it?"

Jack paused and then continued.

"Your Buir served the Red Legion alongside my Mother for a time. A fine warrior, which makes you a close family friend. Palkay Thaxton, do you take on the duties of the Resol'Nare, swearing to live by it? To raise your children as Mandalorians, To wear your armor proudly, To look after and defend your family" To contribute to the Welfare of the Clans. And most important, to answer the Call of the Mandalore, in time of peace or war?"

[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Kiber Thaxton"]

Palkay nodded. "Yes. And he has told me all about their time together in the Legion," she did not want to embarrass her father, but it couldn't be helped on this occassion. "I do," the young Mirialan told Jack, as Kiber handed her the weapon and she wrapped her fingers around it.

"This weapon is now part of you Palkay. And when the next generation is born from you, you shall pass it down to them, as I have done to you on this special day," Kiber pulled his daughter into a tight embrace and welcomed her into the world of the Mandalores.

They both nodded at Jack and then took their place with the crowd, waiting for the next adoptee to step forward and then take part in the clan ceremony.

[member="Palkay Thaxton "][member="Kiber Thaxton"]

Jack smiled as she was presented the Weapon. He nodded once more to Kiber and then spoke again.

"Palkay Thaxton is declared Aliit'Verd'Raxis. Warrior of the Raxis Clan. Welcome to the Mando'ade."

His hand grabbed another blade, again presenting the hilt to the next newcomer.

"Next warrior."

Finding herself alone now with out her mother. Her own breathing was control, calm that would be fooling those around her. It had been talked about after this last round of her mother being gone on yet another mission. Her getting word about her being on a planet asking of her father culture. As the wind went around her to the fact that herself stood with out armor. Time came to be fitted could she take that with pride knowing that she was learning her father path could she follow both paths of her mother and father. Only time would tell if she could knowing that in time she would be sent to be trained by another of her mothers friend.

Waiting for her turn to come there it was Next. Looking around to see all eyes upon her, even those she had her eyes set on Jack Raxis her mother had started his own training through the force. Not knowing if she would bow or just step forward. In a way she was more the shy she didn't like being looked at by anyone. Feeling more then every she wanted to be back in her garden with a good book away from all.

Stepping knowing of the deep rooted in the healing arts her mother and she had past on to her daughter. Even then with her eyes wouldn't tell the story did she look a little out of place among them maybe so but she would work on this, or would they bring the warrior that laid a sleep with in out finally.

Not only her mother blood runs through her but her father brother as well.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

[member="Freyia Whitelight"]

She was a woman Jack knew very little about. Her Mother on the other hand had helped train the fledgling Mando in his force powers. She'd made it possible for him and the Clan to grow grain at twice the speed of normal. So with that in mind he nodded and handed her the hilt.

"Freyia, your Mother is a good friend of mine, thus a friend of the Clan. Do you take on the duties of the Resol'Nare, swearing to live by it? To raise your children as Mandalorians, To wear your armor proudly, To look after and defend your family" To contribute to the Welfare of the Clans. And most important, to answer the Call of the Mandalore, in time of peace or war?"

Gray landed on the Raxis Homestead landing zone in his ship The Gypsy Caravan. When he walked out, he wondered how long it had been since the ship had gotten back home. He hadn't been back here since he claimed his late aunt, Jack's mom, Vassara's ship from where it was hidden. He patted the side of it as his k1-series atromech Key rolled back him. He just laughed as the little droid hurried to go greet his cousin. This was the first time Key was going to meet him after all.

Gray was wearing his new gray collared, button up shirt with a dark blue vest over it. He had on gray slacks and his leather boots. He had his blaster pistol strapped to his right leg as always, but had absolutely no plans on needing to draw it from it's holster. He just felt naked without by now. He walked towards the house and slowed down when he got close. He had been called here by [member="Jack Raxis"], but did not expect there to be a small group of people gathered.

Key beat Gray to the house and started beeping frantically in a very friendly way at everyone. Gray hurried up and said as he got close, " Key stop bugging everyone. You will get a chance to meet everyone in a moment." He smiled and added, " So is there a party going on? Didn't expect there to be people here."

[member="Jack Raxis"]

As he spoke of her mother couldn't help but smile a bit. Then wondering if she was to do that went back to a more neturel with her lips being straight cross. As she knew what this would mean, is this why her father had left to answer a call that was put out so long ago. Shaking this from her own mind coming to release the tension that had been building. That was when she look at what was in her hand speaking .

"I will, take on the duty of looking after the family, answer the call of the Mandalore when needed.

No sooner had she spoke then she heard a beeping sounds even so she couldn't help but feel a little bit confused seeing the little droid there but also that there was another that felt this was a part or would that come after words.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

[member="Freyia Whitelight"] [member="Gray Raxis"]

"Welcome to the Mando'ade. You will make a great addition. I declare you Aliit'Verd'Raxis. Warrior of the Raxis Clan.

The next in line was Gray and his droid was raising hell among the crowds. Jack took another blade, offering the young warrior the hilt. Gray was a good warrior as well, having served alongside Jack many times in battle. He was a trusted ally, and a good associate. Now it was time to make his blood Cousin family in the Resol'Nare.

"Gray Raxis, you have already served honorably at my side in many conflicts. You have the blood of the Raxis family and you are an honorable man. Do you take on the duties of the Resol'Nare, swearing to live by it? To raise your children as Mandalorians, To wear your armor proudly, To look after and defend your family. To contribute to the Welfare of the Clans. And most important, to answer the Call of the Mandalore, in time of peace or war?"

Alana Sunrider

A
Mandalore. A home, and with this oath, a family. An actual, massive family, in fact. The thought was staggering to consider and she had flutterbugs in her stomach right now, as she shifted her weight and bounced her leg. Her hands were white-knuckle gripping the hilt of her sword, with the faint sense of nauseous unease she had started to feel when near it. She had no idea why though, although it also made her feel powerful sometimes, like her attention was hyper-focused and she was stronger, faster than her opponents, but it always left her feeling sick, like when she was near that lake on Ambria.

But she stood with the others, trying to smooth down her outfit so it was the most presentable she could be, without armor or anything that would make her look vaguely militant. She just did not have that sort of equipment. Instead, hers was more of a spacer's outfit, supplmented her cape, which she had cleaned and pressed. This was a ceremony to look her best for.

Nor were there pirates this time, for which she was very grateful. No getting shot at. No injuries. No blood or death. Just a good celebration and family.

She rolled that word around in her mouth a few times. These were her family now. What did that really even mean? The only family she had ever had had abandoned her and disappeared to leave her defending herself. What about these new family members? The unease grew a little stronger and she bit her lip, forcing it down. Family was a good thing, after all. That's what she supposed, at least, and Jack seemed solid. From what little she understood of Mandalorians, they were honorable and prized family above all else. They wouldn't abandon her, would they?

When her time came, she took a step forward, hesitantly at first and then almost brashly, throwing her shoulders back as she stopped in front of Jack.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

[member="Onna Sunrider"]

Now they were coming two at a time? Jack was losing face with keeping up. Still he recognized her. She was a fellow Warden of the Void, a secret to all the others. He had to choose his words carefully as he ripped a knife from the table with his left hand and handed it hilt first to her. But what to say?

Vague for sure.

"Onna sunrider. I served with you in combat once, in a place unknown. You are an excellent warrior and an asset to Clan Raxis. Do you take on the duties of the Resol'Nare, swearing to live by it? To raise your children as Mandalorians, To wear your armor proudly, To look after and defend your family. To contribute to the Welfare of the Clans. And most important, to answer the Call of the Mandalore, in time of peace or war?"

Jagen Wren

J
A figure appeared over a hilltop near the Raxis Homestead, a figure clad in Aliit'gam clan skin, the figure was a Mandalorian, and that figure was Jagen Wren. The Mandalorian Initiate had arrived on the planet a few hours ago, and he had walked all the way to where the small celebration was taking place with his armor and weapons weighing him down.

He stopped on the hill for a moment an took a swig of a Tatooine Sunburn, savoring the bitter burning sensation in his mouth as the alcohol made its way down, he was going to need it.

Mandalorians weren't just fabled fighters on the battlefield, they were at dinner too. Brawls, drinking contests, you name it, the Mandalorians did it, and Wren knew that as soon as they had one taste of alcohol everything would go gundark poo-doo.

He made his way downhill up to where most of the people were, taking a spot behind [member="Gray Raxis"] and [member="Onna Sunrider"].

[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="James Justice"]

[member="Jack Raxis"]

Gray wasn't sure what was going on at first, but he figured it out quickly. He straightened his stance and took on a serious look. He said after Jack had finished, " I, Gray Raxis, swear to uphold all of these vows. My life is no longer my own. It now belongs to my clan, my family. All the blood I shed will be in the name of supporting the clan."

Gray meant every word he said. He had been missing having a family and found out he was related to Jack. He had been shot at during a party Jack threw once, but it was worth it to find his cousin. He was proud of his new heritage. And now there were even more people in his family. He was part of a clan. He was Mandalorian, not half but fully.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Jack grinned as the blade was transferred from his hand to Gray's.

"Welcome to the Mando'ade. I declare Gray Raxis Aliit'Buir, a Clan father. When you get more time and missions under your belt, you can join me at the Alo're Council."

There was still others to do. With his free hand Jack waved Jagen on and picked up another blade, offering it hilt first.

"Jagen Wren, you already have proven yourself in battle. You helped me raid the Deathwatch hideout in the Junction system. You are a firm warrior and will make a great addition to Clan Raxis. Do you take on the duties of the Resol'Nare, swearing to live by it? To raise your children as Mandalorians, To wear your armor proudly, To look after and defend your family. To contribute to the Welfare of the Clans. And most important, to answer the Call of the Mandalore, in time of peace or war?"

Alana Sunrider

A
[member="Jack Raxis"]

"Onna sunrider. I served with you in combat once, in a place unknown. You are an excellent warrior and an asset to Clan Raxis. Do you take on the duties of the Resol'Nare, swearing to live by it? To raise your children as Mandalorians, To wear your armor proudly, To look after and defend your family. To contribute to the Welfare of the Clans. And most important, to answer the Call of the Mandalore, in time of peace or war?"

Onna squared her shoulders and took a deep breath, trying to decide how best to answer. This meant truly becoming something larger than herself and to look out for others. That was terrifying, although others would look out for her as well. She swallowed nervously and her fingers tapped faster as she tried to think of an answer. She just nodded at first, trying to talk around the lump in her throat.

"Yes. I swear."

That was it then. She had no eloquent speech. No prepared answer. Just a short and simple answer that bound her to these others whom she did not know and was not entirely sure she could trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom