Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rainy Mood Mashup

"Since when did power require the sacrifice of power?" Anja asked with a curious tone, one which did not sound as if she was attempting to reassure him of anything.

The Host Lord had studied many tomes, and she herself practiced arts that existed outside of magicks. "The short answer is yes, you will not lose your abilities as they are." Again, she hadn't given him anything particularly detailed or explained. Whether she did that on purpose hadn't been revealed, perhaps that is just who she is. A woman of few words.

"If you wish to learn, then you mustn't give into fear, nor should you forsaken it. Both Jedi and Sith are wrong in this regard... Emotions are natural, emotions are everything we are, but they should neither be repressed nor embraced. An embraced emotion is saturated and blinds you, a repressed emotion is forgotten and weakens you. Be as you are, but no more than you ought to become." If she's a woman of few words, she also happens to be a woman of riddles, too.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

Vaulkhar could not help but note the lack of any true reassurance, beyond her words. The idea of giving up power for more power did seem a little odd to him from the get go, but hearing her words helped reassure him nonetheless. Listening to her speak further, Vaulkhar once more tilted his head to the side in consideration. Looking upon the young man, Anja would realize these very words his a chord within the young man's own heart.

"I've personally believed from the start the dependency on emotion, or independence from it were two of the greatest weaknesses to any warrior." Vaulkhar would then pause, searching for what to say next. "If these magics utilize such a philosophy, to neither turn your back on emotion or fully embrace it, this may be something I can truly learn to master, or comprehend in the case of studying." He crossed his arms over his chest while in his sitting position, seemingly studying the armor of the woman before him, no longer focusing on his own words, or so it seemed to those not paying enough attention. Vaulkhar raised his right hand up and rubbed at his blind eyes.

"I would like to learn these magics. Utilize them. You seem more than capable of teaching me, but a question then rises. Do you trust or know me enough to do so?"

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"if I had no trust, you wouldn't be standing here," a valid statement at first glance, but then again no one lets a perfect stranger into their bedroom; let alone one whose home happens to be a palace. Regardless of her background or belief system, it was clear she had some motive that went beyond trust. To say it was nefarious might be a stretch far, but enough for her to keep it secret thus far? Perhaps alarming to some.

Anja taught some, but she also had a track record of losing apprentices to one unfortunate cause or another. "I know enough of you to say I can get you started along this path, should you wish it," she finally answered his question more directly. To say; yes--she'd teach him, but not entirely... Not yet, anyway. To ask why so little? Well, she had her reasons as he had his for willing to learn. That was the nature of an arrangement, one party wished one thing and the other something else.

If nothing was mutual, there'd be no exchange to begin with.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

"It is indeed something I'd wish for." Vaulkhar speaks up after a moment of silence, finally nodding his agreement. It was clear to her the young man was not entirely sure about this entire situation. As much as he'd rather be completely filled in to what was going through her head, he was aware it would not happen. And if that was the case, he'd simply have to take a leap of faith and hope there was water at the bottom. He stood up and looked at her, studying her through his blind gaze. Her earlier statement was also rather obvious, but respect alone is why the man had posed the questions in the first place.

"When would we be able to begin?" It was clear Vaulkhar was excited, but there was still an air of caution in his very being. He wanted to begin greatly, but so too did he want to live, and as such he was being careful and observant of the woman; more so than before. He crossed his arms once more while leaning back against the balcony, his gaze studying every detail of her face. As much as he tended not to focus on the physical attributes of any, he had to admit that Anja was beautiful, but she was also mysterious and very deadly; or so it seemed to him. Such a combination tended to create a rather dangerous individual, one Vaulkhar would tend to both respect and take caution around.

This was coming out to be quite the visit for the blind man.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"Whenever you wish."

Anja's mind wasn't unreadable, it was more or less too difficult to interpret. The result of her power, was that her own mind had begun to collapse faster than her body did; in fact her power in the force is all that keeps her from becoming a husk. A shell without a mind. That in itself is the largest danger of magicks, the further you go down the path the more it'll take a toll on mind and body. However, that toll is less of what she learned and more of what she acquired. There are powers in existence which few--if any--truly understand.

So why did she treat everything as if it was vain? Even she knew not that answer.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

"I would like to begin now if possible...." Vaulkhar moves to step into the room, for the first time looking around beyond the bounty, the woman, and her armor. "What is it I'd be learning? The basics of it all? What exactly do basics entail?" The excitement seeped into his voice, but eventually he cleared his throat and clenched his right hand, tightening his grasp upon his own control. After taking a deep breath, he once more faced Anja and nodded slowly. "Now, please." He stated this calmly, not in a demanding tone. He simply wished to show her he had calmed down.

The young man continued to clench his right hand before he lowered it down to his side, where it hung beside his lightsaber.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Training right now and then, well, to suggest so was bold--the kind of bold she, oddly enough, appreciated.

Eagerness was a double-edged blade so to speak. On one hand, it meant dedication, but on the other it could breed arrogance and ignorance alike. For one to feel their power growing to rapidly may misjudge the depths of their own potential and fall victim to the nature of greed, lust, and narcissism. Of course, that concern in itself would be taken care of by the nature of her magicks, should they fail at the task. She often saw it as self-regulatory. One who failed to maintain themselves in such a fashion would be destroyed by their own power.

"First you must perceive reality in a way you've never done so before. Sight, sound, touch...Even smell, forego it all and delve into the very center of your being. Focus on the power welling around you, deep beyond what you see as the force is a primal rage far greater." She moved to her bed and sat near the very end, facing him and staring intently.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

Vaulkhar genuinely had no idea how to go about doing what she just did. The man's entire life has been seen through the force, or utilized the likes of his hearing, touch, or smell. Taking a deep breath he closes his eyes and begins to meditate. His face is etched with the very concentration he focuses upon now. His focus turns once more to that of the force, utilizing it to see and feel everything about him. As per usual, he picked up the power of the woman before him, as well as his own aura within the surrounding area.

"I am unsure..." He states rather softly.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"It isn't a thought, it's a feeling. Logic is a barrier, give into the nothingness." She quietly whispered, yet to him it was loud enough to at least understand her words.

This was not an easy thing to teach, even Anja struggled with it the first time and she had no teacher, thus she knew not the methods of teaching it. However; should he conquer this aspect he would soon learn the feeling of that power, an intoxicating, dark, and mysterious entity which showed a path of creation and a path of pandemonium. Or at least that was the interpretation Anja felt when she went down the journey alone. She wondered what he thought, how he felt, and what discoveries he himself would unlock.

Was it universal from user-to-user, or was it everchanging much like magick itself?

[member="Vaulkhar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom