Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raidin' In The New Year For Stygium [Open To All]

Rayl sat silently, arms crossed, as the civilian transport carried him into the space station owned my MandalMotors. His mood was... not quite angry, perhaps disgruntled was the best way to describe it. He was this way of course for the very reason of this trip. His Star Destroyer was in the dry dock after the Republic incident. He went too gun ho helping an old friend out and now he was here. Acquiring special materials he needed to repair her. Stygium was the name of the game, and seven years ago he put in an order for a whole lot of the stuff. It was meant for a project he was going to do a few years back. But things change, oh how they've changed.

A buzz from the intercom chimed and the droid pilot came on. "Attention passengers, we will be arriving at the MandalMotors station momentarily. Please remain seated until docking has been completed". It took long enough. Many of these civilian ships weren't outfitted with the greatest and latest technology in hyperdrives the market offers. Even with their wide availability, probably costs and penny pinching striking yet again. Rayl stretched out in his seat. Popping a few joints in the act. It was a good relief for his stiff joints but what he really needed was a walk. Which would thankfully be soon.

Small maneuvering jets slowed the ship down as it lined up to dock. Making ever so slight directional changes to the course too. The craft shuttered as it made contact with the port. Locking clamps meshed together to ensure a tight seal. Most of the other passengers were already getting up, gathering luggage. Ignoring the droid pilots directions. Rayl could wait another few minutes of sitting rather than face the pushing and shoving crowd. Next time he'd just contract private transportation. He had already hired Justice Shipping to move the cargo back to Alliance space. Hitching a ride on that freighter may have been a better idea. Far too late for that now, and traveling like this was pretty low profile with a good fake I.D. Intercom again chimed in. "Thank you passengers for using Yersan Transportation. We hope to see you again". The passengers thinned out quickly. Allowing Rayl to grab his carry on and head aboard the station.

Rayl scanned for his contact. A representative of Mandal was supposed to meet him at the arrival gate. And lo and behold someone wearing the company logo on his hat was singled out pretty fast. Rayl kick up his heels and made way over.

"Hello sir. You would be Mr. Wilded correct"? The spectacled man did assume correct. Glancing up from a datapad to try and confirm his identity. The info was a few years out of date. The Rayl then and now were different.

"I am. And you work for Mandal no doubt". The contact wasn't what he exactly expected. Some underfed nerd who looked like the whipping boy of some manager. Rayl sort of felt sorry for him. Then again it could just be bad style and genetics. What you looked like mattered in the real world. Vain people were always on about it. Didn't matter if you had the skills to do your job.

"Excellent then sir. Mr. Katan, the head of operations for our Aeten mining division has been waiting for you. I'll show you to his office so you can discuss the deal". The worker strapped the pad onto his belt and waved for Rayl to follow with him.

________________________________________________________​
Rayl shook the hand of this Mr. Katan. He wasn't the same person who ran operations he used to know. Power always shifts though. The two entered the office, the door closing automatically behind them. "Why don't you take a seat Mr. Wilded, and we can get down to the nitty gritty of this deal". Rayl sat down, wasting no time. After all he'd had his walk though the station, so things were limbered up. Plus he wanted to get through the business as quickly as possible and see what he paid for. Katan walked around his desk and took up his position. Rayl noted his chair was bigger. Typical office type this one. "That being. We don't have your Stygium anymore".

Rayl fell into shock. His head nearly exploded. If there was ration left within him he'd immediately question why. But that was not the case. Murder was a promising option though. A murderous, murderous, rage consuming one. Rayl reached for a blaster, but found it missing. 'Crap they're in my luggage. Must kill with bear hands'. Rayl jumped up, would have flown clear across the desk if the man handle piped up to explain himself.

"Three days ago we were raided. And every last crystal in storage was stolen by a gang of thieves, pirates and vagabonds. Our security was overwhelmed and they escaped almost as fast as they came. We were powerless to stop them in time I'm afraid". If Rayl would have looked outside on the flight in earlier; he may have seen the repair work going on outside on the stations exterior.

"I demand to speak to Larraq. Now"! Rayl slammed his hands down on the table. Knocking over a few bobbles and making everything else jump.

"I'm afraid that is not possible. He's been dealing with the recent crisis the Republic called with many of the other industrial leaders in the galaxy as you may know. Not even this office has been able to get into contact with him". Whether this was true or not was ignored. Rayl didn't have time to sort this out by any other means than yelling and blasters.

"Then tell me who stole my damn crystals then! I'll get them back myself". Rayl flung his right arm out. Pointing nowhere in particular. It had meaning though.

"Uhhm, yes. I believe we did narrow down the thieves group identity from one individual. Let me, umm". Katan started tapping away on his desktop. Desperately searching for the information the very angry Crime Lord demanded of him. "Here". Katan turned the screen. Revealing the picture of an armored masked man. At least it was quite the distinctive mask. "His name is Shal Quommorin. He works for the Yunkai Gang. They've been known to operate out of Vale VII. So if you are going to try and fight them for your crystals, perhaps try there".

"You know I will. I'll show them not to mess with me". Rayl pushed off the table, storming out of the office. And making sure to kick a chair over in the process for good measure. "And don't think we're done. I'll have Larraq hear of this"!

________________________________________________________​
After about an hour Rayl had toned down from kill machine to just venting steam via string of never ending curses. He typed away on a terminal. Sending out messages to contacts and opening bounties. Informing [member="James Justice"] there was a change in plans for the pick up spot. He'd have everyone meet here on Mandal's station then head over to Vale VII to get his crystals back.

[member="Kunsumi"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Julian Solo"] [member="Scarlet Ghost"]

[member="Rayl Wilded"]

The Scarlet Ghost's commlink blinked as it received a message. Intriguing at least, but what was more so was it's content. Stygium crystals....They could certainly prove to be useful in the future, as a bargaining chip if nothing less. The Ghost of a smirk lit up her lips as she continued reading the somewhat lengthy job offer. With such a tempting reward, she could hardly resist.

She looked around her spartan apartment, it wasn't as if she had anything particular planned for the night after all. She rose and walked over to her closet, where much of her armaments were stored. She withdrew her prized rifle, a set of clips for it, aswell as her lightsaber, one never knew afterall when that could be useful. Next she slipped a satchel bag over her shoulder, filling it with whatever she'd need for a short expedition, involving military conflicts. Grenades, Detonators, Tools to maintain her equipment, spare rations, a glow rod...The usual.

She walked over to her door, and slipped her pale feet into her boots. She glanced around the apartment once more before opening the door and stepping out into the night to rendevouz with her newest employer. Bargaining chips such as he were always useful

"...." She was bumped, sitting beside a hulking and grotesque species while aboard a transport ship. She had yet to obtain her own, this incentive atop other occurrences. With a black cloak raised slightly above her wrist, she reviewed the specifics of the job offered by [member="Rayl Wilded"]. Vineech cared not for crystals, nor Rayl or even his enemies, merely the wealth that could be acquired from the mission's completion. She had plans, after all. She was bumped again, her datacom whizzing fading. "Bump me again, you karking-.." She stopped herself, noticing her arrival on Mandalore. Raising herself, she offered an erected middle finger to the beast as she departed swiftly. She was on edge it would seem, more than usual. Her tight-fitting latex suit and gun holsters were shrouded by a black, thin cloak, her hood revealing only the lower portion of her face as she tread forth and to the designated meeting point.

"Let's just get this over with.."

James stepped off the Lost Angel into the deck. When he had entered realspace he had been followed by the rest of his fleet, the four mini star destroyers he personally owned, fifty Switchblade fighters, fifty of his cruisers and a hoard of other privately owned ships he had contracted out for the job. He could live with it and when needed the wild billionaire could fleet a massive but mostly rag tag fleet from his old friends and tramp freighters. He has been one of them not too long ago. James was not one to forget where he came from or those who helped him get there. He had called our some of his best allies and closest friends for the job. There would be plenty of cash to go round.

He weaved his way through the busy landing pad as his own and other crew members did their work. His customary leather jacket flapped in the wind as his DeathHammer strapped to his leg bounced with each swaggering step. His tale tell cigarette smoldered from between his grinning lips. A flask of Corellia's finest ale was clasped in James' hands.

"Ay, mate it be good to see ye, I be the captain. Captain James justice," James said offering his hand. He knew they had spoken over the hologram many times, however he still felt the need for proper introductions.

"Good to meet you in the flesh, James". Rayl grasped his hand, returning the gesture. "Hope your company lives up to its reputation. I didn't spend a small fortune hiring your fleet if I didn't have some faith in you though". They'd done plenty of work in the Outer Rim. Enough to be of good reputation. And the Alliance vouged for them too. That kind of endorsement carried weight. "Too bad we had to meet in business first. I always like to trade stories with a fellow Captain. We need to get on with it though. I want my Stygium Crystals back. and these Mandalorian exactly warriors". Rayl jerked his head aside to look at some of the workers in the terminal. Where was a Skirata when you needed one. "Lets get to your ship. We can organize our raid from there. I've also have some mercenaries and bounty hunters on their way. They'll rendevuze with us here before we set out".

[member="Vineech"] [member="Darth Metus"] @Julian Solo [member="Scarlet Ghost"]

By far and wide, prison ships were not a common sight. This was no ordinary prisoner transporter, this was indeed a floating, flying, prison. Though the people on board were not convicted criminals. While it could house many prisoners, the cells were hauntingly quiet except for two captives, a Jedi and her friend. They had proved enough trouble on Coruscant. Now his personal assault ship was sitting in the hanger with its wings hanging on by a few strands, and his captives freighter sat beside it, a hole in its belly so large it had sucked out the entire lounge of the ship.

The Judicial-class Prison ship hung suspended outside of the MandalMotors station. Inside the station was Julian Solo. Given his record, he was surprised he even scored this job with Rayl. Rayl was former Black Sun, from his understanding, and Julian Solo was a former Raven. Ravens and Suns were natural enemies, and now both empires were dead. He only hoped the same could be said for any ill will Rayl may have.

Where there was a way to hang a belt, Julian made sure he used that opportunity. He was like a walking armory. A bandolier was thrown over each shoulder, and two belts hung from his hip. Three holsters for pistols, a sling over his back for his cycler rifle, a set of grenades in pouches and ammunition pockets for his weapons. What Mandalorians had in armor and gadgets, Julian Solo made up for it in firepower.

That was about the time he walked out near the terminal, spotting Rayl. He extended a hand, face hidden by the alien-like helmet, "Solo, Bounty Hunter."

[member="Rayl Wilded"] | [member="James Justice"]

James nodded at the compliment, "Sir, I be promising ye, we hire the best, and only the best--ye will be more than glad that ye hired us on," he looked on the Mandalorians that the man mentioned.

He was taken back for a moment to his earier days. When he had accidentally stumbled upon a colony of Mandalorians who were being held by pirates as captives. That had been years ago, before he had more than one ship. Before the fleet, back when it was him and Reed. He chuckled, so long ago, it felt like lifetimes.

He led the man to his ship, the Lost Angel. It was a little larger than a fighters, but it was state of the art and one of the most powerful machines in his hands. He could use it to carve through enemies like no one's business. As they sat at the small living area's table James gestured to the many open bottles on the surface, "Have any ye wish, or a combo," he chucked, "I know I will."

Be it ever so slightly untidy--it was his home. He stowed a box of paperwork off the other chair and took a seat across from Rayl, "Tell me what ye be having in mind, mate. I believe the name of the game is 'repo' is it not? The file ye sent me said something about a massive crime lord and all that business," to be honest he had barely read it, he had always sucked at paperwork. The droid he had on hand read it to him the night before, giving extra needed data. Droid were good at that, he was grateful.

"I think we take them with the oldest trick in the books," he said leaning forward eagerly and offering a cigarette, "when they come out to realspace to make their next jump, thar be a moment where the sheilds and systems be down. Its not long, but it is long enough to," he slammed his hand down suddenly, "move in. Strike. We take down the big guns, direct all our heavy missiles at them engines at first so they can't be jumping away or naving out all wild-like. Then we send in fighters, cut along the hulls, take down the defenses, all amazing like. Then we board, and we take back what was stolen."

He leaned back, proud of himself, grinning. "Thoughts, mate?"

[member="Julian Solo"]
[member="Rayl Wilded"]
[member="Vineech"]
[member="Scarlet Ghost"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom