Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raid Rather Than Trade

Kalyn had been assigned to go along with [member="Lily Kilia"] to travel to Obredaan and acquire a rare substance, cortosis. Lily was a pilot who Kalyn hadn't had anything to do with, she had no idea what to expect from the new pilot. Whether she enjoyed her company or not though, she had a mission and she was going to get it done.

Kalyn paced back and forth waiting for the pilot on the flight deck, she had no clue whatsoever which ship was hers or what they'd be taking. Her best bet was to wait and try and find the girl.

The Event Horizon, a Tal-Class Corvette descended from the skies, guided in to dock by the station's tractor beam. The young lieutenant disembarked from the ship, exiting the huge vessel to step onto the durasteel floors of the docking platform. A young Jedi. That's all she'd been told. Not too far from the Horizon Lily noticed another young woman, one who she'd bet was the Jedi she'd been told to look for.

She approacged the brunette woman and stopped. Her heels clicked together as she brought her hand up to a salute, "Lieutenant Lily Kilia, ma'am. I assume you're the Jedi we are accompanying to Obredaan?"

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

Kalyn turned her head to look behind her, hearing the voice of a young woman. Seeing that she was standing at attention and saluting her, Kalyn then fully turned to face the lieutenant, a young woman, not very tall and short blonde hair that suited her light blue eyes. "You assume correctly," Kalyn spoke, "Kalyn Tyree." She greeted with a smile, holding her hand out.

[member="Lily Kilia"]

The Lieutenant lowered her salute and stepped forward, shaking the Jedi's hand. "Pleasure to meet you Miss Tyree. If you'll follow me, we're ready for take off." the woman turned, awaiting the Jedi so that she might lead the brunette to the Event Horizon.

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

Kalyn smiled as the young woman directed her to her ship. She followed behind the blonde girl. She had a very 'determined aura', she felt she was committed as she led her to the ship that they were going to be leaving in. As they approached the ship, Kalyn looked at the vessel, impressed, it appeared to have a good handful of weaponry. "How long have you been a pilot Lieutenant Kilia?" She asked curiously.

[member="Lily Kilia"]

"For the Alliance? Well I only graduated a few months ago if I'm to be honest." Lily explained, "But I started practicing the first time I ever set eyes on Republic vessel. It's been a life-long dream."

The two finally set foot aboard the Horizon, sterile air filling their lungs, soft white lights illuminating the durasteel halls. "Been a Jedi all your life?" the Lieutenant asked as she led [member="Kalyn Tyree"] to her quarters.

Kalyn nodded as the Lieutenant explained herself, respecting the fact that she'd worked her whole life to get where she wanted.

The pair walked through the hallways of the ship, Kalyn never ceased looking round, familiarising herself with the hallways and rooms that lay on either side of her. She looked back at the pilot when she asked her a question, "Uh, not my whole life. I grew up in the Slave Trade back on Zygerria. It was only when the Jedi rescued me that they took me into the order after some long and thoughtful convincing on behalf of the Jedi who saved me." She replied, answering the girls question.

[member="Lily Kilia"]

"You were a slave?" Lily said as the door to the Jedi's quarters slid open, "I'm sorry that must've been terrible for you."

The room was scantily furnished. A single twin bed and nightstand, and a desk with a chair was all that gave the room any character, aside from the very bland metal locker to the right of the door.
[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

"Yeh, but I've tried to put that behind me, focus on the present rather than dwell on the past." She said with a forced smile, trying to wash away the memories that came flooding back to her.

She looked around at the quarters that she'd be spending her time in for now. It wasn't anything to fawn over but Kalyn was not expecting to be staying in a 5-star luxury room. "Thankyou." She said to the pilot.

[member="Lily Kilia"]

"Not a problem. Once you get settled in, meet me on the bridge. I'll begin getting us into or it.". The Lieutenant strode out of the small room and walked towards the turbolift, entering it. Soon enough she was in the bridge, commanding the vessel into space. The Horizon rumbled briefly as it breached the outer atmosphere, the milky blue sky giving way to the black bastness of space.

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

Kalyn walked around the room, brushing her hand across the bed and pillow before looking at the desk accompanied by the chair. She sighed before straightening herself up and leaving her new quarters. She made her way to the turbolift, heading for the bridge. She stood beside [member="Lily Kilia"] with her hands behind her back, watching as the ship took to orbit.

"We'll arrive at Obredaan in two hours." apprised the Lieutenant, just as the Event Horizon jumped into hyperspace, the stars around them becoming streaks of light, the interior of the blue suddenly alighting blue.

"What's your mission there, Miss Tyree?" Lily asked, "I was just told to assist you in any way I can and make sure you made it back with all your faculties intact. I don't know much about Jedi business."

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

Kalyn nodded in response to how long the trip would be taking. She looked around at all the control panels and seats that occupied the space in the bridge, everything was kept up to pristine shape. She could tell Lily took her job seriously.

She looked towards her, "I've been given the mission to acquire cortosis, a rare substance that can make a lightsaber temporarily short out. Fortunately Obredaan seems to have a few cortosis deposits that we can use."

[member="Lily Kilia"]

"Cortosis huh? Valuable stuff." the Lieutenant observed. "Well in the mean time, we have time to kill. The main cabin has some entertainment if you'd like to unwind." Lily offered.

The cabin was equipped with a broadband holo projector to watch the news or programs, a small holo chess set, pazaak, etc. It wasn't much enough to entertain someone.

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

Kalyn sighed, not at the girl but at the fact that what she said was true, they did have time to kill. She mentioned a room with some entertainment features. She thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to relax a little before what she predicted was going to be a bit of a strenuous mission, especially in terms of how they were going to acquire the cortorsis.

"Thankyou." She said politely and made her way to the cabin and sat down, turning on the broadband holo porjector.

[member="Lily Kilia"]

Lily followed the Jedi into the other room and picked up a puzzle cube, reclining into the sofa as she did so. She span the different levels of the cube trying to work out how to make all the colors appear on the right side.

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

Kalyn sunk into the surprisingly comfortable chair, flicking through the channels, nothing particularly catching her attention or interesting her. Her eyelids started ti get droopy as she flicked through the channels, not having gained much sleep the night before she began to quietly doze off in the chair.

[member="Lily Kilia"]

Two Hours Later...

"Miss Tyree." the Lieutenant nudged the snoozing Jedi as the Event Horizon began to drop out of hyper space, the planet of Obredaan suddenly appearingg before the viewport in the cockpit, "Miss Tyree, we've arrived at Obredaan."

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

Kalyn jolted awake at the nudging of the young lieutenant, telling her they'd arrived at Obredaan. She rubbed her eyes before getting up and stretching.

"Great!" She chirped, feeling much better from her nap. The duo made their way to the cockpit. Kalyn looked around at the space station, being observant. "C'mon we'll sort things out once we're down there." She explained to [member="Lily Kilia"]

She began to walk to the exit hatch, preparing the leave, but not before checking she had everything with her, which evidently was only her lightsaber.

The Lieutenant nodded and instead went to the Corvette's hanger, "We'll take a shuttle down to the planet's surface. The Shard will remain in orbit." she told the Padawan as she boarded the small craft, settling herself into the pilots seat. The small woman went through her usual checks before turning on the engines, "Ready at your go."

[member="Kalyn Tyree"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom