Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Ragnarok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
756h4iW.png
yihPUeT.png

qvXzkJZ.png

004KtVf.png

• Classification: Battlecruiser
  • Length: 3000m
  • Width: 1625m
  • Height: 960m
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Hyperdrive Class: Class 0.6 (Class 15.0 Backup)
  • Crew: 129,000
    Minimum Crew: 68,900

[*]Passengers: 27,000
[*]Cargo Capacity: An astronomical amount.
[*]Consumables: 3 years
HAEtc63.png

[*]Environmental Systems:

[*]Medical Bay
[*]Navigation System
[*]Ray Shields

[*]Propulsion Systems:

[*]Ion Drives
[*]Maneuvering Jets

[*]Sensor and Targeting Systems:

HtbpxBc.png

• Rating: Extreme
  • Armaments:
    Capitol Armament:

40x Long Range Heavy Turbolaser Battery (1280)

• 40x Long Range Turbolaser Battery (640)

• 50x Heavy Turbolaser Battery (400)

• 60x Turbolaser Battery (240)

• 30x Long Range Ion Battery (480)

• 40x Heavy Ion Battery (400)

• 50x Ion Battery (200)

• 60x Mass Driver Battery (240)

• 12x Hyper Velocity Cannon (120)

• Total: 4000

[*]
Warhead Armament:

[*]Total: 800

[*]Defensive Armament:

[*]Overall Total: 4100
VVzwjQP.png

[*]Reinforced Hull
[*]EWAR

[*]Systems:

mpgvUyx.png

• 4x Squadron
  • Many x Infantry, and vehicle, transports.
brTR2sM.png

• Strengths:
    [+] Offensive Capabilities: With a variety of powerful weaponry, the Ragnarok boasts unrivaled firepower.
  • [+] Defensive Capabilities: Equipped with multiple redundant deflector shields, and a reinforced hull, the Ragnarok possesses unparalleled defenses.

[*]Weaknesses:
  • [-] Bridge Tower: The Ragnarok's bridge tower serves as a glaring target for enemy vessels.
  • [-] Firing-Arc: Few of the Ragnarok's weapons can fire on targets to its rear.
  • [-] Extended Engagements: The Ragnarok's reliance on heavy ordinance, of which ammo is finite, means that the vessel will become less and less effective as the battle wages on.
  • [-] Hangar Capacity: The Ragnarok can only house a paltry four squadrons of starfighters.
  • [-] Speed: The Ragnarok is a sluggish behemoth.

jyc1pzc.png

The Ragnarok was a modified Darr Itah-class Grand Battlecruiser, which served as part of the Iron Imperial Navy. Constructed by the One Sith, it was one of eleven Darr Itah's produced in the twilight years of the empire.

Following the collapse of the One Sith, many of these ships were scattered across the galaxy, falling into the hands of various galactic powers. One such vessel, the Merciless, was delivered into Iron Imperial hands by the former-One Sith General: Krayzen Dratos. A staunch Baelor-loyalist; the Sith Knight forsook his brethren, and took command of the vessel, following the Military Executor into the Unknown Region of space.

Over time, Iron Imperial Technicians removed much of the vessels proprietary weaponry. Instead, replacing them in favour of equipment produced by nationalized companies. This was done in an effort to reduce maintenance time, and cost. As a consequence, this gave the Ragnarok a unique weapon profile. One that differed wildly to that of its siblings. However, the general intent remained: the closer an enemy ventured, the more weapons it was bombarded with.

To that end, the Ragnarok was equipped with: 40 Long Range Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 40 Long Range Turbolaser Batteries, 50 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 60 Turbolaser Batteries, 30 Long Range Ion Batteries, 40 Heavy Ion Batteries, 50 Ion Batteries, 60 Mass Driver Batteries, 12 Hyper Velocity Cannons, and 80 General Purpose Warhead Tubes. This allowed the Ragnarok to engage enemy vessels at any range. However, it was at its most effective in close-to-mid range combat.

For a variety of reasons, the decision was made to not reproduce the Darr Itah's design. Rather, it was overlooked in pursuit of what would become the Fenrir-class Battlecruiser. As the only one of its kind in Iron Imperial Service; the Ragnarok underwent significant upgrades to greatly increase its survivability. Primarily, the "all-or-nothing" armor scheme of the original was eschewed in favour of a total armour overhaul.

[member="Isamu Baelor"]

Apologies once again for the delay. After some looking over and conferring, I've come up with two options. Either drop the hangar or add a better, stronger weakness. After that I believe we'll be okay to go.

[member="Isamu Baelor"]

I don't have much. Something regarding shielding perhaps? I still think my first suggestion would be your quickest and easiest route to approval.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
[member="Delila Castillon"]

That would also make it worse than the limited-production original. I'm not willing to go down that route.

I've recycled a number of weaknesses from the original Darr Itah sub, including: low hangar capacity, speed, and limited endurance in long engagegments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom