Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship RAAF-18 Super Corvus

Status
Not open for further replies.
xWDkZ2Z.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To improve on the previous Corvus interceptor model.
Image Source: http://zombat.deviantart.com/art/Star-Swarm-Fighter-B-concept-431999796
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/52952-raaf-1-corvus/

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Krasnie Drives
Model: RAAF-18a Super Corvus
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Alusteel hull; Trimantium wings, rudder, and canards; Transparisteel canopy

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Interceptor
Length: 8 meters
Width: 6 meters
Height: 2 meters
Armament: Low
  • 2 rapid-fire linked laser cannons
  • 2 concussion missile launchers (3 projectiles each)
Defenses: Very Low
  • Light plating
  • Light deflector shields
Squadron Count: 12
Maneuverability Rating: Very High
Speed Rating: Very High
Hyperdrive Class: 3

SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths:
  • Insanely fast and agile
  • A menace to fighters
  • EMP/ion-resistant
  • Unhackable over wireless connections due to separation of comms from computer systems
Weaknesses:
  • Virtually nonexistent shielding
  • No bombing payload

Description:

The RAAF-18 Super Corvus was developed as a follow-up to the original RAAF-1 Corvus interceptor model. This time, however, the outdated systems were abandoned to embrace more contemporary technology while still providing an edge in agility for dogfights. This new version of the classic interceptor throws out the dominant elements of yesterday in order to improve on the needs of a new generation of warfare.

Trading archaic defensive protection for a more proactive advantage, the Super Corvus is fitted with KP-2 "Ajax" armor coating to disperse electromagnetic attacks rather than utilizing ancient technology to eliminate them. The comms systems are completely isolated from the computers, eliminating the threat of slicing except through physical connection. The computerized systems are maintained regularly with installed updates via modem.

The upgraded craft is outfitted with sensors that connect to an HMD to provide the pilot with an unlimited field of vision, and modern targeting systems have been installed. Just like its predecessor, its armaments are few and only effective against fighters and other relatively smaller craft.

The sublight engines are of a compacted ion drive variety, functioning on the same principles as the majority of ionic thrusters used throughout the galaxy by funneling naturally occurring magnetic fields in through the engine, which excites the fuel propellant. Feeding off of ions themselves, the engines will not short unless they sustain a direct hit by a high-powered ion blast.

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Hi there [member="Krasnaya Xue"], sorry to keep you waiting.

Krasnaya Xue said:
KP-2 "Ajax" Laminate Spaced Armor - Tier 1
This sub says that it's limited to vehicle use, please drop it along with the relevant strength and references in the description.

Krasnaya Xue said:
The comms systems are completely isolated from the computers, eliminating the threat of slicing except through physical connection.
Add this to strengths.

Other than that, I don't see an issue with this.

[member="Aria Vale"]

My understanding of the Ajax armor was that it could be used on starfighters.

[SIZE=14.6667px]Tier I - Light, able to withstand fire from most forms of small arms in small bursts. Vulnerable to anti-material weapons, launchers and heavy vehicle weapons like heavy lasers or main tank guns. Usually used for light vehicles like APCs and light walkers, and small starfighters like interceptors or fighters.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]I have edited the other part you requested.[/SIZE]

[member="Krasnaya Xue"] | [member="Aria Vale"]

Two things:
  • The absolute of unhackable needs to be reworded. We don't allow submissions to take the stance of invulnerable with regard to strengths.
  • What exactly makes the transmission of communications difficult to hack in the first place? Typically communications can be listened in on, or intercepted in transmission through a variety of means.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

I specified in the post how it is unhackable wirelessly. This is very simple.

Krasnaya Xue said:
The comms systems are completely isolated from the computers, eliminating the threat of slicing except through physical connection.
The systems aren't connected to the "wifi" or "bluetooth", so they would require a physical modem to interact with.

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]

I read that yes, but how does this protect against third parties listening to those communications in transit? Just because they're not connected on one end doesn't mean they're protected end to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom