Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech R4I-S3 Repulsor Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Repulsor Pack.
  • Size: Worn on the back.
  • Length: 0.80 m
  • Weight: 20 kg
  • Thrust Amount: 20

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Replusorlift Technology: Instead of most jetpacks, the R4I-S3 Repulsor pack uses Repulsor Technology for more efficiency. This allows for stealth travel, smoother gliding, and faster movement.

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES

Strengths:
  • (+) Repulsor Technology: The Repulsor Technology used in the R4I-S3 Repulsor Pack allows for significantly more silent flight that Jetpacks, allowing for much more conventional use in Stealth missions. It also allows for more speed than a traditional jetpack and had a longer suspended flight time.
Weaknesses:
  • (-) Grav-Well Reliant: Repulsor Packs can only be used when it's location is influenced by a nearby grav-well. Because of this, it cannot be used on objects located it space that do not obtain an active artificial Grav-Well or any celestial object with an unusually low atmosphere. Accidental Usage in an area that is outside the influence of a grav-well can lead to the fuels that would normally work with gravitational atmosphere would leak, increasing the possibility of accidental combustion in severe cases.

DESCRIPTION
The R4I-S3 Repulsor Pack was originally created by Valkori Technologies as an improvement to the Jetpacks that the previous Skytrooper Models had equipped, trading the loud, sizeable Rocket Boosters for a more discreet version. The decision to make the transition from Rocket Boosters to Repulsor Packs was reasoned as increasing the stealth capabilities of the Skytroopers, as well as the ability for them to travel the distances of the massive city of The Spire without relying completely on transport ships to move the droids. It was also later decided that there should be a version of the packs that allowed for it to be worn by other members of organizations such as Overwatch. Eventually the decision became that the Repulsor Pack would be made to be mass-produced for organic beings primarily as a business strategy, and that the addition of the Pack to Skytroopers would become a secondary design aspect for the Repulsor Pack.

Like every other Repulsor Pack, the R4I-S3 requires a nearby grav-well in order to properly function. The Repulsor Pack has the efficiency to operate in low-gravity on natural Celestial Bodies, but issues begin when the gravity becomes near to none causing the gas in the Repulsor Pack to begin to turn back to liquid. This in turn can cause it to leak through some of the safety measures of the Repulsor Pack, causing it to either malfunction or causing accidental combustion. The flight time is significantly longer than most jet packs, but it still has the same amount of thrusts as most average jetpacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom