Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R001 - Firelauncher

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A module flamethrower to attach to blaster rifles.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightweight
  • Easy to attach
  • Controllable gas flow
  • Multi-Colored
Strengths:
  • Fire - A module flamethrower that shoots fire. This modle increases the damage of any blaster rifle by adding a very large flame thrower onto it.
  • Controllable - The gas flow can be controlled to allow for a very large flame or a very small lighter.
Weaknesses:
  • Small - The gas bottle, while replaceable is extremely small and therefore this module only lasts for about seven or so minutes, depending on flame size.
  • Heat - The module is made of metal and therefore gets rather warm and is pretty dangerous to touch.
DESCRIPTION

Raxis Technology Incorporated has a number of designs from it's former life as a regular design company. This is one of those, a design that Kei took and chose to make real. Produced in the factory on Balmorra, the module has a number of uses from a very basic lighter to a the transformation of a blaster to a full flamethrower to burn buildings, corpses and anything else that could require burning. The module excels at turning a regular blaster into a flamethrower, but it struggles a lot with the limited amount of gas and the overheating that occurs due to the metal.

The module is designed for open market sales, however it is also designed to be attached permanently to select weapons produced by Raxis Technology Incorporated. It's designed to serve the public as a good weapon as well as to serve militaries to allow them access to a new weapon that soldiers can use should they ever have a need to experience a new weapon, or to burn something down or hide a corpse.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Hi [member="Kei Raxis"]. Thanks for your patience as I reviewed your submission. Before we begin, can you please complete the correct template and format for this submission? I would classify this as a "Ranged Weapon" if there is any actual "throwing" or "launching" of flames as this seems to read.

Thanks!

[member="Natasi Fortan Vitalis"]

Hey.

I understand why this would fit under a ranged weapon. However, as stated in the submission the level of gas entering the actual "thrower" itself can be adjusted and therefore this isn't always a ranged weaopn. Due to the different varations I personally believe that a generic template fits this perfectly.

However!

I would be willing to change the format should my reasoning not hold up :)

skin, bone, and arrogance
I can understand that, but there are some important pieces of data collected in the ranged weapon template that should be documented (range, reload time, etc.). To ensure balance and transparency when used in threads, I think this is the best course of action. You can always indicate that its range and other aspects are variable based on the fuel feed, etc.

[member="Kei Raxis"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom