Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qyren Leret

NAME: Qyrenl'eret (Common: Qyren Leret) [Pronunciation: Key-REHN Luh-REHT]
FACTION: N/A
SPECIES: Twi'lek
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: 5' 9"
WEIGHT: 135 lbs.
EYES: Green
HAIR: N/A
SKIN: Deep purple
FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES (Required: 2 Weaknesses Minimum) :

Quick-Thinker: Qyren is able to make quick decisions based on the information presented to her even (and especially) under pressure.

Hard Worker: Once she stops avoiding the situation, Qyren will buckle down and do what needs to be done, be it a manual or an intellectual task. She approaches most new learning opportunities with curiosity and, sometimes, zeal, which helps push her through even difficult learning experiences.

Fast Study: Once a concept is demonstrated to Qyren, she picks up on it very quickly.

Social Anxiety: Some call it debilitating shyness; others call it reticence. All Qyren knows is that it is difficult for her to speak her mind around those she knows; with strangers it is a difficulty to speak at all without being forced into it. This will lead to her developing a reputation as a mute among outsiders. It will be a constant battle to get her to open her mouth and voice anything; giving voice to her own opinions comes the hardest to her.

Dependent: Qyren struggles, and will always struggle, with being alone. She is naturally a dependent individual, something that was enhanced by her parents' choices following her kidnapping. Qyren must have a support structure of some kind, be it parents, a Master, or friends. Without one, she falls into doubt and despair.

Luck: The tendency to get out of difficult or life threatening situations, sometimes almost miraculously.

APPEARANCE:
Like many Twi'lek women, Qyren is tall and slender, which she complements with rich emerald green eyes and very dark purple skin. Her lekku are about average length, and she always wears a head-covering, usually in white or gray, which covers her forehead and upper lekku and then crisscrosses down the remainder her of her headtails. She wears traditional Twi'lek garb, as is expected of her, in light colors: white, gray, tan. At 20, she has finished growing in general, but has not yet lost the flush of youth from her face.

BIOGRAPHY:
Qyren grew up in a Twi'lek colony that had some, though minimal, contact with other species. As a child, Qyren manifested herself as one of those youths who was gifted with an abundance of luck. She would climb on structures not built for children to climb on only to escape safely, walk along the edges of walls and rivers without falling in, and even once avoided being gored to death by a wild beast in a happenstance encounter when she was 4. Her mother took to affectionately calling her The Miracle Child.

Due to a genetic mutation, Qyren was born with unusually dark purple skin. The mutation caused her no end of grief as a child, resulting in taunts from other children and pity from adults that drove Qyren into an unwanted lonely childhood. Unfortunately, her mutation also made her a target for greedy individuals who made their living by selling their own kind and, in this area, Qyren's luck seemed to run out; at 8 years of age, Qyren was kidnapped from her school while her teacher was distracted by her kidnapper's accomplices. In captivity, she was beaten several times during her shipment, her dark skin and tattered clothes serving to hide the majority of her bruises from the buyers. However, Qyren's luck returned with her appearance in the slave pens.

On the day she was due to be sold, a traveling Jedi Master happened to be combing the slave market pens looking for young potentials he could rescue before they could be sold. He took notice of Qyren and her latent Force abilities and, along with another pair of children, purchased her for a noticeably more minimal sum than a breed of her rare type should have sold for. At 8, Qyren did not notice this oddity, still overwhelmed by the frantic and traumatizing journey. Thankfully, she was old enough to relate her homeworld to the Jedi, who returned with her to discuss having Qyren join the Jedi Academy. Her parents, overjoyed to have their child back, refused the Jedi's offer to train her, in spite of his warnings and cajoling, and he was eventually forced to leave Qyren with her family.

Qyren led a somewhat sheltered life from then on, her parents smothering her freedom out of fear that she would be taken from them again if she were out of their sight. Between her parents and the continuing taunts of the children-- most of whom did not understand what had taken place-- Qyren's ability to live life was a narrow corridor indeed, one which had a lasting effect on her personality.

She lived a relatively uneventful life during her adolescent years, the children eventually growing out of their unwarranted prejudice, but unexpectedly found herself the romantic fixation of several of the same unkind schoolmates. Qyren had little interest in such advances and avoided as best she could any overtures or conversations of courting, in spite of her mother's encouragement. By 16, Qyren had begun feeling a pull she could not explain and with each passing year it drove her further to distraction; one parent or the other would often find her staring into the middle distance, contemplating something they couldn't see or understand, a habit which they began to take as commonplace, if odd.

[WIP]

SHIP:
No ship.

KILLS:
Post the names of the PC characters (characters role-played by real people) that your character has killed. If possible, include a link to the thread in which your character killed him/her.

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
Post the names of any bounties you have delivered and the amount of money you gained for it. If possible, include a link to the thread in which it happened.
[SIZE=11pt]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS (Chronologically):[/SIZE]
Trouble Doesn't Always Knock [Private] - Meeting Alex
A Long Overdue Follow Up [Private] - Awareness of Force Powers and the Jedi Temple's interest
Taking Out The Trash [Private] - Doing good/Group Adventure RP vs. raiders
That Nagging Feeling [Private] - Escaping Aikhibba
Fortune Favored Force Sensitive Seeking Gregarious Guide [Private] - Meeting Nantaris and becoming a padawan
Treasure Hunting [Private] - Padawan-Master relationship building through treasure hunting
Taking The Next Step [Private] - Building Her Lightsaber
Dominion of Yag'dhul [Dominion - Open] - Old Faces Return
Imprisonment [Private] - Yag'dhul Hive Ship Followup
Evening Lights [Private] - Sorting out where they stand (Alex)
Hand to Hand [Private] - Crossing and setting boundaries (Alex)
Rescue Responsibilities [Private] - Slave Rescue (Alex)
Departure [Private] - The End of the GA (Alex, Coren, Kelgath, Marcus)

Fabula Caromed said:
You say that like he's some kind of malicious deviant. Which is simply untrue.

He's not malicious at all.
Exactly!
...Wait.

[member="Qyren Leret"]
Hi there! Welcome to the board!

If you ever need a master to train you in the ways of the Force, please PM me. :)

<_< You have the most magnificent purple skin I've ever seen.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Exactly!
...Wait.

[member="Qyren Leret"]
Hi there! Welcome to the board!

If you ever need a master to train you in the ways of the Force, please PM me. :)

<_< You have the most magnificent purple skin I've ever seen.
I happen to be very much in the market for a Master at the moment, though I must say that the earlier warnings make me feel like I need to do a background check first.... :lol: I'll shoot you a PM.

[member="Qyren Leret"]
20785692.jpg

Uhh...I mean...I look forward to training you in the ways of the Light. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom