Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quill Launcher

Intent: To create a Mass-Driver equivalent weapon for the Vong / Horde
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Horde Shapers
Model: Quill Launcher
Affiliation: The Horde
Modularity: None
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Organic Construct
Classification: Organic analog to the Mass-Driver
Size: Starship Weapon
Length: NA
Weight: NA
Ammunition Type: NA
Ammunition Capacity: NA
Effective Range: Long Range

Description:

Quill Launchers are valued as 1 capital weapon each in starship construction

Quill Launchers are organic symbiotic creatures designed by Horde Shapers and grown into the outer layers of a host starship's coral or thick hide. The weapon-creature functions by contracting powerful muscles to launch 4 meter long spikes at another ship. These quills are dense enough and move at high enough speeds to penetrate starship hulls and do a considerable amount of damage to vulnerable interior sections.

Mechanically, a Quill Launcher is nearly identical to a Mass-Driver. It fires a larger projectile at slower speeds, has a lower rate of figher, and does slightly more damage per hit... But the 'damage per second' is the same between the two weapon systems.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"] - I respect the attempt, but p=mv, and a single- or even double-digit increase in mass would be more than balanced out by the orders-of-magnitude difference between a muscle and a 2-6 km/s mass driver. You're going to have to come at this from a different direction.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"]

I can think of at least two other ways, both of which would make for higher muzzle velocities than throwing or sneezing, if done right. Go back to the drawing board, get a little more research in, find a way forward.

just archive this.
I've put enough effort into the Horde's technology for them and I'm not in the mood to fight with staff over what should be a quick and minor review for play balance.
If they want it, they can sub it themselves and fight with you over it. I'm no longer in the mood for this crap and don't feel like wasting 5 weeks of my life to get everything pushed through the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom