Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick question - because I'm an autist

I've been sperging over the Military ranks I drew up last week, and I've been wondering something.

For clarification, do we have separate branches for the Army and the Stormtrooper Corps, or is the Stormtrooper Corps our standing army?

It sucks right now because the new movies aren't out yet, so we don't exactly get any clarification on how the real First Order does things. But from what we've seen so far, there seem to be just Stormtroopers and then officers who command them. No sign of any regular Army soldiers.

Thoughts?

Aram Kalast

Galactic Empire Admin
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/66487-the-first-order-army/

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]

That is my take on it.
For the sake of argument I've gone ahead and said that our entire standing army is stormtroopers. These are then separated into several subdivisions such as Special Forces and Snowtroopers.

While I haven't established the armoured divisions just yet I think keeping it simple and saying that they are essentially another Stormtrooper division is best.

Once the movie comes out we'll have a better idea, but we seem to be pretty close to what is their structure.

[member="Aram Kalast"] that's what I was thinking as well. I was also considering remodeling the Army ranks a bit to reflect that. I did some research on the subject and found this page.

The ranks for the Stormtrooper Corps would thus look something like this:

Field Marshal - Entire army leader
General - Multiple legion/base leader
High Colonel - Legion leader
Lieutenant Colonel - Regiment leader
Major - Battalion leader
Captain - Company leader
Lieutenant - Platoon leader
Sergeant - Squad leader
Corporal - Second-in-command of a platoon
Private - Rank-and-file Stormtrooper

It doesn't line up exactly with the Navy ranks anymore, but maybe that's not a big deal. I figured I'd leave fleshing out the Navy ranks completely up to you since that seems to be the direction you're going. It's a little more detailed than before with a few more options. Originally I wanted to simplify it alot, but I've kind of changed my mind. This is my attempt to combine the established Stormtrooper canon with the new canon, since just plain "General" seems to be one of the highest ranks there is (=General Hux).

What do you think? Change it to this, or leave it like it is?

Aram Kalast

Galactic Empire Admin
Like you I'm torn in simplification. It's a huge rank list to climb, even with our mastery system.
I'm wondering if we can get away with 5 ranks or so. Although I'm liking field Marshall and general as the top.

[member="Aram Kalast"] Originally, I was for making it simple too. Then I got to thinking. People can basically choose their ranks anyway, so long as it's within their OOC rank tier. So why not have a bunch of options? If somebody wants to roleplay a Private or a Sergeant, why not? To those few I say knock yourselves out.

At the end of the day we're still following the systematized 3-tier system of trainee-adept-elite, just giving people more choices for their character which are based in canon. We have not compromised the fact that people still have to earn higher ranks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom