Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about equipment for new character

Hello, so I'm currently in the process of making a new character, is it common practice to use whatever is in the (approved) technologies in the factory as equipment, or should canon equipment be used, and, if I should use (approved) factory technologies is it good practice to ask the creators for permission? I'd assume so but I also don't wan't to waste someones time.

[member="Wanderer505"]

Two things. First off, Canon is totally fine, Canon equipment away.

Second, yes, approved tech is fair game PROVIDED that you qualify to use it or have the express permission of the author (IE, a submission marked as affiliated with the CIS can be freely used by any CIS character without requiring express permission)

[member="Wanderer505"]

Though on a related point three, when you feel comfortable with it, go ahead and sub your own tech catered to your characters needs and preferences. Or, you're welcome to ask someone to sub something for you. Just bear in mind the fine folks in the factory are taking the month off for the holidays so anything new has to be subbed by Friday, or wait till January.

[member="Wanderer505"] - If items in the factory have been tagged with "Open Market" in the affiliation field, then they're good to use without asking for permission - as they were made to be used by the "general populace." The opposite rings true with "Closed Market" as you'll have to get permission to use those submissions, either by asking the person directly or using their storefront page - located here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom