Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Time

I'm fairly new and currently have a character in a couple of threads, but I'm wondering how exactly I should handle my character's timeline as far as RPing on this site. Obviously he isn't in two places at once, but I don't know how to determine what experiences he has had already when writing in new threads, when he is currently in medias res with other threads. Am I pretty much at liberty to reconcile the timeline on my own, or are there rules about how to think all of that out?

[member="BenBot"]

Hello, BenBot. There are no clear choices on what you do with your characters time-line, but keep in mind Chaos doesn't have a true canon calendar when it comes to your personal interactions. I personally have multiple characters sewn through the Chaos universe who are at three places at once. With public staff events, you can usually only have that single character at one place if you're involved, otherwise, you can have them at any place, at any time in their timeline, at multiple different points.

For any more questions or clarity on this one, just ask.

[member="Jartani Ponds"]

Thanks for the clarification. That simplifies things a lot for me.

Just call me a neurotic organizer, I guess :p

"Fluid timeline." Most of the time we just sort of assume things happen in the order it's most convenient for you, with the exception of PVP situations. Any attempt to metagame benefit by starting threads that retroactively happened before a major encounter to give you an advantage in that encounter is, obviously, not gonna fly.

Menoetius

Anzat's How it's Done
[member="BenBot"]

Basically, there's no linear time here when it comes to characters. Jartani explained it pretty well, Fabula even better. I've seen child characters miraculously grow into adults in the span of a couple of months whilst everyone else remains the same age. It's down to the writer and what he/she decides to do with their character, really. Just be sensible!

Thank you, guys. I definitely understand now! That was sort of the assumption I had made, but I didn't want to do something wrong if there was a more official means for keeping track of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom