Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Starship Sizing and Clasification

On a lark, I went and looked at the designations of what constitutes a starship class, which is linked with the Starship templates, and noticed that according to that wookiee article (Hi friend), Corvettes are marked as 100-200 meters "roughly". Then the templates for Corvettes include a hanger option, with two scales simply labeled as 100 meters and 200 meters. The confusing part is that according to the notes on the various templates, Fighters are marked as 1-50 meters, and corvettes are marked as being 50-200.

I've already submitted one ship, The Revenant as a Corvette, even though it has a mere 61 meter length, if only because I'd prefer a ship like that marked as a Corvette, even if it's a smaller one. But, on the other hand I've considered importing a second ship, the Alliance Chieftain from Elite: Dangerous, which according to the source material is 68 meters long. It's a front lines heavy fighter, but according to the metrics set by the judges, it would class as a Corvette. So I guess my question is, which source takes priority, and assuming it's the Factory metric, would I be best suited to mark that ship as a small Corvette designed for anti-Fighter capability, or scale it down to 50 meter length, and list it as a large dogfighter?

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Dorin Arkx"]

The beauty of the factory is that you can do either one. So, I would look at what you feel would best fit what you want to do with the ship design and go from there. What's listed on the templates in the factory are guidelines. ^_^

[member="Dorin Arkx"]

Like [member="Fiolette Raaf"] already said you don't need to strictly adhere to the naming convention of the Factory templates. They are more to give you an idea than anything else. They also provide some clarity to people who might not be as well-versed in the wikia, etc.

As long as you keep to the template itself, you are free to name your ship classification whatever you would like.

[member="Dorin Arkx"]
From what I understand, you would be using the corvette template, but you would be able to label the classification field within the template whatever you please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom