Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Character Creation...

Verd Skirata

Fancy flyin' and good fightin' make for a good day
One of my Ideas for an RP was to make an Aiing Tii character, however, after searching the sight, I only found one toon of the particular species and it looked like they haven't been active in a long time and only made less than 10 posts. If I wanted to create a character for their species and a faction, would I need to make an apprentice level character and a master level npc to build the character up to master level? or could I just simply start the toon at a higher level to get said faction off of the ground?
I am mainly unsure of how I would go about the different set of force abilities the Aiing Tii have developed.

To my knowledge, you're not granted advanced Force Rank to front a new faction, primarily because there's so little impediment to creating a Minor Faction. Your best bet would be to make an Apprentice and probably self-train by way of NPC, but there's no reason why you couldn't just have a regular Light/Dark Force binary master and have your Aing-Tii interpret the teachings based on where they would fall within an infinitely complex color spectrum. Good luck communicating with non-Aing-Tii by way of tongue-kissing, though XD.

Me, myself, I've been messing about with an Indigo Side of the Force. I don't really have much to say about that other than it is relevant. As far as I can tell, there's not a lot of exploration done in this department, so you've got a lot of room to move.

Ah, yes. The trial of an under-represented Force sects. It's hard. I had to take Veino elsewhere for him to progress enough to lead an actual PC Jensaarai faction. Difference is the Jensaarai are much closer to the traditional Jedi than the Aang Tii, so it wasn't a huge gap to bridge.

For Aang Tii, it would probably have to be an NPC or self-teaching and practicing core skills on your own.

Verd Skirata

The suggestion about him learning from a regular master wouldn't fit very well as they don't like to be around outsiders, and tend to stay inside of the rift which houses their home worlds. but thanks for the fast answer and I will probably train via NPC
[member="Trenchcoat Man"]

Verd Skirata

would it be possible to maybe get some basic assistance setting up such a method from more experienced rpers such as yourselves?

[member="Veino Garn"] | [member="Veino Garn"]

Verd Skirata

im not 100% sure on how I would get something like this going, with the training via npc and all. I have only been rping really since the start of this character. :p [member="Veino Garn"]

It is difficult. It takes some high quality solo threads really testing things out and lots of IC failures and then changing tactics and strategies.

First step is to create an NPC to use and then start writing with them teaching. High quality threads again. Then practice those in other threads, either in training-specific threads or just have the PC practicing as part of another thread. Veino did a lot of telekinesis and Force stealth practice/training in other threads, while lifting objects during conversation and always using Force Stealth in the open threads he was in. So, things like that. Integrate the practice and training in other threads so the PC keeps honing those skills.

Verd Skirata said:
One of my Ideas for an RP was to make an Aiing Tii character, however, after searching the sight, I only found one toon of the particular species and it looked like they haven't been active in a long time and only made less than 10 posts. If I wanted to create a character for their species and a faction, would I need to make an apprentice level character and a master level npc to build the character up to master level? or could I just simply start the toon at a higher level to get said faction off of the ground?
I am mainly unsure of how I would go about the different set of force abilities the Aiing Tii have developed.

Veino Garn said:
Ah, yes. The trial of an under-represented Force sects. It's hard. I had to take Veino elsewhere for him to progress enough to lead an actual PC Jensaarai faction. Difference is the Jensaarai are much closer to the traditional Jedi than the Aang Tii, so it wasn't a huge gap to bridge.

For Aang Tii, it would probably have to be an NPC or self-teaching and practicing core skills on your own.

Verd Skirata said:
would it be possible to maybe get some basic assistance setting up such a method from more experienced rpers such as yourselves?

[member="Veino Garn"] | [member="Veino Garn"]

Veino Garn said:
Yeah, definitely possible. Anything particular you want to start with?

Veino Garn said:
It is difficult. It takes some high quality solo threads really testing things out and lots of IC failures and then changing tactics and strategies.

First step is to create an NPC to use and then start writing with them teaching. High quality threads again. Then practice those in other threads, either in training-specific threads or just have the PC practicing as part of another thread. Veino did a lot of telekinesis and Force stealth practice/training in other threads, while lifting objects during conversation and always using Force Stealth in the open threads he was in. So, things like that. Integrate the practice and training in other threads so the PC keeps honing those skills.
There is a PC who is the queen of the planet of the Aing-Tii and has various other responsibilities, [member="Amorella Mae"].

She would be the one to speak to about this sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom