Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Quan Quo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Quan Quo
Loyalties: Locke, Formerly the Galactic Republic Military
Role: Commando/Bodyguard

Development Threads: The Graveyard that EVERYONE forgot (Coruscant)

Species: Human (Deceased)

Appearance: Modest in height and stature, his body is lanky and wiry as befits his Atrisian heritage. He is always seen in full body armor given to him by Locke, though the armor's camouflage changes depending on the mission at hand and Locke's orders. Beneath the armor his features are nonexistent, something that befits his skeletal form.

His armor appears as if a regular man wears it, but this is a deception. Beneath the armor and bodysuit is an ancient skeleton brought to life by the dark side of the Force. This same energy fills the armor itself, giving the appearance of a living body within rather than cloth and armor draped over old bones.

Personality: In life, Quo was a wry, sarcastic, and generally good humored individual. Now, his soul is bound to his bones and those bones obey the will of Locke. His wry and sarcastic wit, however, shine through from time to time.

Force Sensitivity: N/A

Weapon of Choice: Military blasters and other military weaponry.

Skills: Quo possesses commando training in ranged weaponry and explosives as well as training in infantry tactics. He possesses skill in hand to hand combat and can operate a wide variety of machinery with varying degrees of skill. Because Quo's soul is bound to the bones of his resurrected body, he retains these skills, but upon the 'death' of the bound and reanimated bones, the soul will flee before it can be bound once more, meaning that all skills and proficiency are lost permanently.

Wealth: N/A

Combat Function: Quo functions as a member of Locke's bodyguard and as one of his minions. Quo fills the general purpose and most versatile slot in that regard. His main task is to keep Locke, his master, alive.

Notable Possessions: Weapons and armor

History: Slain at an unknown point in the past during one of the Republic's many conflicts, Quo's history is unknown to most outside of his position and burial location. During Locke's visit to the planet, Quo's spirit was found slumbering within his old bones inside his grave. Locke began his work, catching Quo unawares and binding the deceased Commando's soul to his bones, raising the slain Republic soldier from the dead. Bound to Locke's will and unable to disobey an order, Quo is now Locke's first minion and unliving slave along the mysterious individual's quest to complete his "work" within the galaxy.

Intent: To create a bodyguard character to help protect Locke in his travels and work. Also to give more "life" to any roleplays I decide to toss Locke into.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Locke"]

I'd like for you to add at least another paragraph to your history, as well as a little more to the appearance. Please add enough so I can tell whether it's a reanimated corpse or a skeletal being. If the latter, please explain how his armor fits the skeleton.

Also, I'd like for you to explain why he possesses (or retained) special skills as opposed to being a lumbering skeleton after reanimation.

[member="Zeradias Mant"]
As for history, there's not much more to really... add. You don't normally ask for a background history on a corpse when you raise it and you generally go by what's on the headstone and where they're buried for context clues. Military graveyard specifically made to hold the remains of spec war folks and jedi... not much of a stretch. As for appearance, not entirely sure what you want there. It's a skeleton in armor.

Beneath the armor his features are nonexistent, something that befits his skeletal form.
As for how the armor fits the skeleton, I kind of just handwaved it in the thread. Locke's methods of raising the dead includes a sort of black smoke or steam and it filled in the suit in one of the posts to give it shape rather than just armor/clothing draped over bones.

As for why it retains some skills rather than just a lumbering undead automaton, I'm pulling a page from ye olde Warhammer fantasy and the concepts of skeletons (being lumbering, undead automatons) and Wights (super-powered skeletons that retain more than just the basic skill set of holding and swinging weapons, retaining much of their skills as they held in life along with the rudimentary concept of action/reaction ability). Locke bound the soul of the soldier to the soldier's bones, which means that the bound soul is controlling the body. That means it has most of the same skills it had in life, but obviously undead are undead so that balances itself out. If we wanna get into the "well, you can just raise him up again if he dies in RP" argument: Yes, Locke could resurrect the body again, but because this sort of thing requires the soul to bind to the bones, and the soul will GTFO as soon as the bond is broken/body is "killed", the raised dead will be a simple skeleton (i.e. lumbering, undead automaton) rather than a bound undead (see: Wight).

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Locke"]

While that information may not be known in-character, it is something that can be accessible OOC, which is what I'm asking for.

What you told me will suffice - just convert it into an appropriate description for the sub and put it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom