Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Q Micro Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.
791_b.jpg

Image Source: http://www.ventilation-system.com/cat/791/
Intent: To create a useful battlefield control item for operatives/adventurers
Development Thread: http://comnet.imperialnetwork.com/topic/14209/ (Not exactly Dev, but where I first conceived of the idea and used)
Manufacturer: InnoteQ
Model: QS4102 Micro Turret
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Comes in different guises
Production: Limited
Material: Plastic painted to imitate durasteel, blaster, optical sensor, radio sensor.
Weight: 4kg
Description: Micro turrets are designed to be carried by operatives into the field and used to block off certain routes. Each turret is a small disk and the outer shell comes in a variety of form factors to suit the client. The standard choice is an imitation vent (pictured).

Each purchase comes with a number of radio transmitting bracelets. Before the turret(s) can be used on an operation, they must be keyed to a number of these security bracelets. Once the key is shared between turret(s) and bracelet(s) the wearers will not be targeted by the turret.

Each turret has a magnetic clamp to allow it to be attached to a metal wall. Alternatively the backing plate can be covered in a double sided, strong adhesive tape. Once located appropriately the turret can be activated immediately, set to a timer, or for remote activation.

Once activated a motion sensor is enabled on the turret. If any motion is detected, after a one second delay, a small turret will emerge and lock onto and fire on the target. The turret is non-lethal and is armed with a small stun weapon, with the rough firepower of a stun-pistol.

Each turret only has fifty shots, and is not easy to reload (requiring the backing plate be unscrewed and the power pack changed/charged). The turret is not armoured and whilst small can be destroyed with a single, well-placed shot.

The turret will not fire along the line of sight of a safety bracelet (it will calculate the distance and avoid shooting an angle subtended by a three metre wide disk at the distance of the bracelet). This means enemies close to, or behind a bracelet wearer will not be targeted.

The turret only has enough power to stay in place scanning for twenty four hours. Over the following twenty four hours it will eat into the blaster power pack and use up its charge until deactivating.

[member="Raziel"]
A clandestine stun blaster. This seems reasonable to me not over powered or screaming powergame. Due to the commonplace use of retractable turrets i am going to give my stamp.

Pending approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom