Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putting your force where your mouth is

Reela Witko

Nautolan. Princess. Jedi.
The Jedi Temple on Courascant

Reeal stood in the middle of a spacious training room. She was wearing her Jedi padawan clothing, minus the hooded robe most Jedi wore, with her eyes closed and taking deep breaths. A moment later she reached for her lightsaber on her belt and activated it, the purple blade igniting from it.

She opened her eyes and began to swing her saber in a number of directions, obviously training herself how to better handle it in a fight. Changing from hand to hand, swinging it around in her hands in a cyclone formation, even throwing it before it came back to her. With one final flip in the air, landing in a crane-style fashion Reela finally turned her saber off.

"Well, TC?" she asked, looking to her protocol droid who'd been standing nearby. "How was that?"

"I believe it was an excellent display, your majesty." the droid said, holding her hooded robes in his metal arms. "Though I am not exactly an expert on these things." As she walked over taking her robes back, he continued with "I do think, however, you would be better suited if you were trained by an actual Jedi master."

She sighed and said "I know, TC. But the council hasn't decided on just ONE master for me yet so I'm fine with just jumping between one to another. Actually I think it;s better. Means I can be more well rounded as a Jedi in the future."

"As you wish, your grace." he said. "Though I do think all this Jedi rubbish is getting in the way of your diplomatic studies."

@Odeyseis

"Still haven't decided yet?"

Odeyseis snapped out from his line of thought while looking at the long list of planets. It was the voice of Kaira, her beloved friend, standing just at his side again. Kaira was in her Force Ghost form, with her Jedi robes, her black long hair and her dark skin, and those eyes showing sadness of still being there haunting Odeyseis.

Odeyseis took his robes that was just beside him over another chair then stood up to wear it. He was facing a crystal wall in a room with chairs, through the crystal there was a spacious training room, and in that training room there was a female Nautolan training with her lightsaber and a silver protocol droid, she had her skin blueish-green wearing Jedi robes.

The Jedi gave Kaira a glance before returning it to the datapad. He started to feel confusion and sadness at the same time, confusion because he didn't know where to go next to search for the sith holocron. He was worried that someone would already got it, he only hoped that it was on the right hands, but still it was his duty to destroy it before something terrible happen again because of it.
"Is not easy to just choose where to go next and just go... I need to plan what to do before going there, make some research, prepare before going there if it's too dangerous." Kaira just smiled and looked through the crystal and said: "I wish to be there, just like her... Training, just swinging my lightsaber, striving to be better. It was easier."

Odeyseis looked through the crystal and saw the female Nautolan. Odeyseis enjoyed the view, not because of the Nautolan's beauty, but because of how she graciously was swinging her purple lightsaber. Odeyseis also notice how the Nautolan was swinging it without any trained form. A Padawan, he thought, he knew she was one. In the days where Odeyseis was with his old clan he saw Padawans training, some times he had to teach them Shii-Cho form so they could get the basics and at least know how to defend themselves.
"You should help her," said Kaira "at least making sure to tell her not to drop her lightsaber while swinging it in the air like I did." Odeyseis laughed when she said that, making him to remember how he taught her how to hold the lightsaber when both were training. "It wasn't pretty to taught you how to correctly grab the lightsaber, you always gave me that embarrassed look..." He turned just to see that Kaira was gone again. Odeyseis felt sadness again when he remembered how he lost his beloved friend.

Odeyseis saw that the Nautolan turned off her purple lightsaber, that's when he decided to teach her some of the basics of Shii-Cho form. He took the elevator to the training room, when the door opened he heard the protocol droid saying about being trained by an actual Jedi master. The knight started to approach her and the protocol droid, and the last thing that Odeyseis heard before reaching them from the protocol droid was: "Though I do think all this Jedi rubbish is getting in the way of your diplomatic studies."
Odeyseis wondered if the pretty Nautolan was the daughter of some political person, but this gave him some curiousness which lead him to say to them: "The only thing that is rubbish is your lightsaber form, lady." He gave them a polite smile before continuing: "I could help you with that if you let me. My name is Odeyseis Dryar, I'm a knight." He extended his hand to the Nautolan, asking at the same time: "Are your parents senators in the Republic?"

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

"Oh!" Reela said when the man introduced himself as a knight. She bowed and said "Greetings, Master Dryar." before he asked her if her parents were senators. She looked and said "Well...not exactly. You see they're king and queen of a large portion of Glee Aselm, my home world. Though they want me to be something of a senator or ambassador. Something like that."

"What they mainly wish for you, princess, is to be as skilled a politician as you will be a Jedi." TC noted. "Never mind the name of the position, just as long as you can keep it."

"I know, TC. I know." Reela said to him. She looked to @Odeyseis and introduced the protocol droid, saying "This is TC-18. He's more or less like my nanny. I didn't think I'd need him but, well, when my mother insists on something it's hard to convince her otherwise."

"She's only looking out for you, madam. Just as I do."

A princess, Odeyseis thought when the Nautolan explained, when she introduced TC-18, Odeyseis gave it a nod with respect before saying and asking the silver protocol droid: "Nice to meet you TC. Tell me, how is the princess' persuasion skill? Does she obtains everything she wants by just using her charisma? I think is very important in the line of political work."

After asking that, Odeyseis turned back at the Padawan, gave her a charming smile and asked her: "And tell me, do you have a name? Or shall I call you princess?"

Reela Witko

TC did a double take on both questions before saying "My good man, this is princess Reela Witko of the Witko royal bloodline on Glee Anselm. Heir to-"

"Easy, TC." she stopped him before looking to @Odeyseis and saying "You can just call me Reela. Or padawan since that s my title in the Jedi order for now. And in terms of persuasion skills I'm afraid I'm not familiar. Is that something like the Jedi mind trick?"

The knight had never the chance to teach his skills of Force Persuasion before since his old master always reminded him that he should use it only if deemed necessary, the reason is that the victim could have problems after using this power if the Jedi didn't have the morality. The question was, does Reela had the morality to use this power for the greater good? Odeyseis could see that the princess had humility and that was a good start, but did she had the wisdom of when to use it?

"Indeed. Is just like that, Reela. I'm surprised that you are aware of it, but are you aware too that it might be very useful not only to gain what you need when talking to other weak-minded politicians, but to avoid violence too?" Odeyseis said to Reela, he then ask her: "If I teach you this power, are you going to use it for the greater good?"

Odeyseis expected @[member="Reela Witko"] to answer something that will try to convince him that she was worth of it, but every question that he made it was rhetorical ones, he felt that it was unnecessary to be convinced since he could not sense any evil within her. He thought that she was ready.

Reela Witko

"Of course I will." she said, trying to sound as serious as she could be despite being eager as ever. "I know the Jedi are not always the grand warriors in battle when they need to be. Above all else they....WE are peacekeepers. Something I want to do when I take my place on the throne for my people. Believe me, Master @Odeyseis the last thing I want to be is a tyrant or thug."

TC seemed to react positive by this. Tough you couldn't see it in his eyes or face it was the way his mechanical body shifted when she'd finished speaking that just gave a sign of pride at her response.

Smiling, Odeyseis said to her: "Yes... We are peacekeepers, and that's what we'll do in this day while I teach you. Follow me." He turned and started to walk out to the exit of the training room then out of the Jedi temple to take an airspeeder. Odeyseis hailed an airspeeder, he hoped on the front seat, followed by @[member="Reela Witko"] and her protector droid on the back seats.

"Where to, Jedi master?" asked the human driver. "Take us to the Drunken Droid." Odeyseis ordered, the driver made a scoff, started to drive and said in a mocking way: "Celebrating? In one of the most dangerous bar in the whole planet?" Odeyseis looked at the driver and answered: "We'll just have some couple of drinks."

The driver made a laugh and said: "I heard that before, master Jedi."
"Just drive..." said Odeyseis annoyed, returning his view to the passing of another airspeeders and the skycrapers, and started to wait.

Reela Witko

Both Reela and TC perked up when @Odeyseis mentioned going to a cantina. Reela smirked at the idea of having a challenge for her training however she knew it would never pass with TC.

"Master Odeyseis," the droid began "I must protest to-"

"TC." Reela said, stopping him. "It's alright. Why don't you stay until I get back. TC began to protest before she said "I'll be fine. I have Master Odeyseis with me and I'm sure he won't let a princess get murdered during training. Not unless he wants to have her parents revoke from the Republic." With that TC finally agreed and stepped out of the speeder before they went off. Reela giggled to herself before saying to Odeyseis "Don't worry. I'm sure my parents would understand. So I take it this cantina is the best spot to try and convince people not to kill each other, right?"

With emotions taking over the driver he started to talk again: "Kill each other? You have no idea, Jedi! I heard that the Drunken Droid is always filled with drunken people trying to brawl to death, I mean... Is suicidal to get in there and get out without a scratch. Not only that, even my brother-in-l--"

"Just drive..." Odeyseis repeated, interrupting the airspeeder driver, then started to speak to @[member="Reela Witko"]: "This cantina that we're going is full of criminals and poor men and women that just want to drown their problems with their drinks. Hopefully we'll find someone who needs guidance to take the correct path by... Convincing them."

The airspeeder flew to the lower-levels, arriving to the Druken Droid. Reela and Odeyseis hopped off the airspeeder, Odeyseis gave the driver the credits and before they started to walk away the speeder, the driver yelled at them: "Hope you two know what are you doing, I'm crazy, but not as that crazy! You two should reconsider not to enter there, or might even consider to give me all your credits instead of losing them in there! I really insi--"

"By the Force... Just go." Odeyseis interrupted again the driver, making the driver to just drive away. The pair entered the cantina, just to encounter that was filled with all kind of different species, some playing Pazzak, others drinking, and various talking to each other. "Let go of me! Let go! At least give me my Jawa Juice that I already pay for! I said let go!" screamed a male Twi'lek getting thrown out from the cantina by two security guards.

"Stay close... Let's grab a seat." ordered Odeyseis and approached to a table with seats available for Reela and him. They sat and a droid approached to them asking: "And what do you want to drink?"
"We both will have plain water, please." Odeyseis answered, but the droid said: "We don't serve that kind of drink, you cheap."
Odeyseis rose an eyebrow in his surprise to hear that, then ordered: "Then make it blue milk."

The droid rolled away and Odeyseis asked Reela: "You ready to learn?"

Reela Witko

Reela did as he ordered, staying close by when entering the cantina. After they took a seat and ordered the blue milk she looked about, seeing all manner of thugs and brawlers and scum who looked ready to rip each other apart just for the fun of it. She looked back to him when he asked and said "Ready as ever." with a confident smirk. The princess looked about asking "So which one do we start with?"

@Odeyseis

"We'll know with who we will start when it seems really necessary," answered Odeyseis to the Nautolan's question, then complemented his answer: "You see is not about convincing a big time spice lord to stop selling spices to make the galaxy a better place whenever we want to, but when the situation ask for it."

Odeyseis started to look around, watching, making sure nothing gets out of control, then he continued: "When you make the spice lord to stop trafficking the spices, you may have made a better place in the galaxy, but what about the people who was making a living from the spices that the spice lord was providing? What if it was their only income to provide food to their family?" The droid brought the drinks to their table, leaving those over it and rolled away again. Odeyseis looked how the droid served the drinks, then looked back at @[member="Reela Witko"] and continued: "But if this spice lord was providing these spices to some terrorists to enhance their ability of shooting and start to kill civilians? That's when we intervene..."

Suddenly, a very attractive female Zeltron approached to them starting to put her hands all over Odeyseis saying to the knight: "Oh...! A Jedi! Are you interested to spent the night with me, handsome?" Odeyseis didn't expect that and was astonished to hear that, while trying to get her hands away from him, Odeyseis asked: "I... Really don't think so." The Zeltron then exclaimed: "Come on! You don't have to pay much! Please! I really need the money..."

Odeyseis then asked her: "If I give you credits, will you stop asking me to spent the night with you? And massaging me?"
The Zeltron stopped and told him: "Oh, no! I love to spent time with men... And the payment is good."
Odeyseis couldn't believe what he heard, that's when he decided to use Force Persuasion on her.

With a causal tone of voice, Odeyseis waved his hand once saying: "You don't want to spent the night with me or any other men for credits."
The Zeltron then repeated with a casual tone of voice: "I don't want to spent the night with you or any other men for credits."
"You are tired of doing that kind of... Services and you prefer to go look for another job." said Odeyseis doing again the process with his hand.
Then the Zeltron repeated before she walked away from the pair: "I'm tired of doing this kind of... Services and I prefer to go look for another job."

Odeyseis sighed and said to the princess: "Unexpected."

Reela Witko

When he explained how the idea of presuasion worked she nodded as she listned, understanding what he meant about knowing when to use and when not. Next when the zeltron came over Reela had the awkward look and began to think she should leave. Thankfully @Odeyseis used the mind trick of presuasion on her to send her away.

"Unexpected indeed." she said, leaning bac before asking "So I guess part of persuasion is patience? But then most Jedi skills involve that."

Odeyseis was glad that @[member="Reela Witko"] was understanding everything he was saying, and to finish with the theory Odeyseis said: "Yes it is, Reela. Patience is what every Jedi need to have, and with that not only you'll be a better Jedi, but a master in the skills in the Force."

Odeyseis started to feel a disturbance in the Force within the cantina. He looked at one side of the cantina a man getting mad at a Pazaak game, over his legs a female Twi'lek. When he finished observing him, Odeyseis said: "And with that we finish our theory class, now is time to put it in practice..."

When Odeyseis stood up, the man that he was observing stood up too, grabbing the Twi'lek with his left arm and took out a blaster with his right hand, pointing it over the Twi'lek's head and started to yell: "You scum and cheater! Give me my credits back!" Then everybody's attention was with the man's overeaction.

Odeyseis looked at the Nautolan princess and said with a calmed voice: "Now, remember this Reela: Let the Force flow you, be calm. When you approach the man use your persuasion skills, making him to calm down. When the time is right, with a calm tone, use your hand to assist you to change the man's decision to calm down, then you'll know that it worked. I'll be behind you, I'll make sure nothing and nobody hurts you or anybody else."

Odeyseis felt she was ready, but he had to be prepared for everything since his protector once said, hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.

Reela Witko

Reela tensed a bit when she saw the blaster come out and then she heard hger current teacher telling her to go for it and that he'd be right behind her. Taking a deep breath she nodded before standing as well and walking over.

"Excuse me, sir." she began, gaining his attention. "I'm sure you have your reasons for being upset, but ask yourself is it really worth getting all up in arms about. Now why don't you just put the gun away and try and settle this in a calm manner?" The erupption of laughter from everyone in the cantina was answer enough for how that didn't work. Reela took that chance and waved her hand over, trying to remember what @Odeyseis told her to do. "You want to put the blaster away." she said, trying to focus. "You WANT to put it away."

Laughters was heard again after Reela attempted use the power of the Force on the upset man. Then silence, few seconds passed and the man repeated: "I want to put it away..." Slowly the man put away the blaster, then the Twi'lek was released and ran desperately away from the man. Security rushed against the man, grabbed him and took him out of the cantina.

Odeyseis was happy that it all worked out as planned, especially for @[member="Reela Witko"] since she already grasped Force Persuasion at her first try. He approached to her and made friendly taps over Reela's shoulder and said to her: "Good work, Padawan. You did good. Remember this lesson and you will be closer to be the Jedi peacekeeper that the galaxy needs."

"Now let's go back to the temple before TC gets worried about you." Odeyseis left some credits on the table that they both were sitting and left the cantina with the Nautolan, taking another airspeeder back to the temple.

Odeyseis felt that he not only helped a Padawan to give her something useful in her life, but he could shape her to be a better Jedi than he could be in the future. He could only hope that he made the galaxy better by making a Jedi better.

Reela Witko

When she'd seen it worked Reela took one of the biggest sighs ever. She needed to take a few extra breaths, having felt a small strain from focusing on persuading him to put the blaster away, before @Odeyseis told her it was time to go.

As they walked into the speeder she said "Whoa...that felt...nice." she smiled. "I mean he just...and I...wow." she leaned back in the seat before saying "Have a bit of a headache though. Does that happen a lot?"

While the pair of Jedi was walking to the airspeeder, Odeyseis was happy to see Reela's enthusiam and happiness of achieving something new for her, like if she was a little girl. That made Odeyseis starting to enjoy the Padawan's company.

When they took the airspeeder and told the driver to take them to the Jedi Temple, he answered the princess' question: "Most probably it required an extra amount use of the Force to make it work since it was your first time. I would suggest to take some of your free time to meditate, to feel the Force flow through you, Reela. Then, in the future you won't need to worry about the headaches."

When they arrived to the Temple, Reela and Odeyseis went to the entrance of it. Odeyseis took a look at the day and see that it was starting to get dark. "The sun is setting." Odeyseis stopped at the entrance and looked at Reela. Odeyseis thought it was time to say farewell for now: "I must go, Padawan." The knight thought they would meet again, he wanted to meet her again so he said to her: "You owe me one..." He smiled at her and continued: "Maybe you can teach me your lightsaber form, who knows? Maybe you are better than me at the sabers."

@[member="Reela Witko"]

Reela Witko

Hearing his suggestion she gave an embarrassed laugh and said "Well I have been training since I was ten, but I don't think I'm THAT good. After all you're the knight. I'm still just a padawan." Knowing it was time to go she bowed and said "Until we meet again, Master @Odeyseis." After he said his goodbyes she made her way back to her room, thinking on the prospects of this new ability. She only wished it would work on droids so she could make TC get off her back sometimes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom