Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dev Putting an Old Bird to Bed

Development on Factory, Codex, etc. roleplay.
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Exhausted. That pretty adequately described how Jonyna felt after a day and a half of loading The Starfire into her home ship, The Reaper. Getting the first generation X-wing back to Coruscant required a good amount of help from droids, and a good bit of her own power through the Force. But she got it in, and now she was back at the Temple. Now she just needed to...get it out.

She let out a sigh as the hatch to the top of the Reaper opened, and she scratched her head at how she was going to open it. Lifting something that large was managable, but she couldn't...keep eye contact with it along the way. If only she could fix the damn thing. Lightsabers? She could handle. Blasters? She kinda understood. Starfighters? That was beyond her capability...

Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

"Alright, where is she!?"

Jasper entered with a great deal of enthusiasm, far more than was expected of the young councilmeber. He was excited. Very excited. An original model X-Wing was a once in a lifetime find, and Jonyna just so happened to have one that she used to fly hundreds of years ago still lying around.

The man made his way to the foot of Jonyna's ship, calling up to the Cathar knight.

"Is it up there!?" he asked, almost like a child asking their parents if they had made it to their location during a long hyperspace flight. "How's the engine look? Are the
4L4 fusual thrust engines still in good shape, or does this one have the 4j.4? Hyperdrive still in tact at all? Are any of the MG7 torpedos still in there?"

He had to know. The suspense was practically eating him alive.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The Cathar blinked, looking down at her fellow Knight.

"I....think it's the 4L4?" She had no idea. This was Giran's thing. "The only modification I ever made to The Starfire was paint."

If Jasper were to look around, he'd find the foot of her ship acted as a sort of arsenal, the ship itself having been stolen from the Imps. An old E-11 sat unused in a rack alongside a pair of WESTAR-34s and a bandolier of old thermal detonators. She didn't seem to mind as she led him upstairs, through what looked to be a massive lounge with couches and a holo-vision, past a massive pool, and up another set of stairs to a large hanger bay. "I got Starfire as part of a deal with the Rebel Alliance. First shipment they got, they were more than happy to hand their two jedi on the books a pair of top of the line new fighters, mostly for the moral boost. If I could track it down, I'd be donating the LAAT we used to use as well. But...that'd be with the Tenacity." She pouted. "I've been meaning to upgrade this old hunk of junk as well. The Reaper worked great to get us into Imp space, but...the Empire of the Lost don't exactly use this model anymore."

Once upstairs, they finally made it to the hanger, inside a first generation X-wing, painted with a purple strip across it, as well as a massive tiger head on the front. "Unfortunately...Starfire here is...well, she's been sitting in a cave for 900 years. And I'm not just gonna let anyone touch what amounts to a museum piece so..." She let out a cough.
"I called you. Val told me you're the mechanic of the council."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

"I called you. Val told me you're the mechanic of the council."

"Nah, I'm the Relief/Aid organizer of the council," Jasper corrected. "That's just my hobby."

Jasper turned, calling out to one of the hangar staff.

"Get a mag-lift ready," he ordered. "We'll need to take this thing out delicately in order to make sure all the internal components remain in-tact."

He frowned, scratching at the scruff on his chin. Already the Sentinel of Harmony was running through different scenerios that an X-Wing may be in, thinking about how to best capitalize on the more risiliant hull of the vessel. There was still a highly effective snub fighter dormant in the vessel. He just needed to bring it out.

"Starfire, huh?" the knight noted. "It's a nice name... perhaps something like T-65 Model:FLAME... the advanced model name is gonna need some workshopping..."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Uh...sure..." Jonyna blinked. Mag-lift? Alright, time to call-

"Dice!"
She called out to the stairs they had come up, a beeping filling the room as a small astromech that looked to be an even older model than the ship in question, rocketed slowly up the stairs. "Can you get a mag-lift ready? You know I'm..."

"Technically challenged." The bot beeped.

"Yeah, that." She looked to her fellow knight. "Dice here is my little droid friend."

"I am D1-C3! Astromech Extraordinaire! Capable of running calculations into the googolplex range!"

"He's also a wordy biznatch."
Jonyna snickered. "Go get that mag lift ready bud."

"Already on it! I calculated you would ask for one 30 minutes ago to a 78 percent average!"

Jonyna just rolled her eyes. "Alright, then where is it?"

A crane swung into place in that moment. "Ta-da!" The bot beeped happily, Jonyna giggling at that.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

"I am D1-C3! Astromech Extraordinaire! Capable of running calculations into the googolplex range!"

"You won't wanna hang around me then," Jasper chuckled. "Odds and I don't mix very well."

He had a nasty habit of upsetting them in bizarre ways. It was okay. Jasper didn't much believe in odds. He simply believed in action, whatever that ended up looking like at any given time. Before long the X-Wing was on the ground and Jasper was under the hood. Components went flying out as he dug around within, casting aside parts that had rusted or gone bad.

"Wow, you weren't kidding with the 900 years thing," he noted as he tore out parts. "This thing has seen better days. The frame is still in good shape though. A few of the hulls components will need to be replace, but it's pretty robust. Incom makes a good starfighter."

Even centuries later.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"It probably doesn't help that I took on Tie Interceptors with that thing. Zash loved that old bird. Wish I could track down the Star Viper we had too..." Jonyna joked. Her old pilot would've probably gotten along well with Jasper. Not that she doubted any of her old friends would've....maybe not Kraden.... "So...what you planning with her?"

"Oh I relish bad odds! You should've seen what Master Si did back in our hayday!"

"I did a lot of dumb stuff back when I was younger..." Jonyna coughed. "I tried to fist fight a gamorian once."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom