Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push the Limits

Listening to the meandering answer given to her by Mereel, all she did was nod slightly when he said the image was recorded. What else his helmet did or did not do really meant little to her. To have all those tools would be of use to a person with sight, but that was irrelevant to her.

"Probably a Dominion Sith that resided here and help defend the castle in the attack that happened."

The question answered, she took the lead and heading into the library, it would be up to him to keep up.

Taking a small device out of a pocket, she held it up along some of the books around the room. There did not really appear to any real organization she could discern in the where books were laid out. When her device started speaking in a quiet voice, it read the titles of the books and as soon as she heard something that might help, Jairdain took it off the shelf and carried it with her. By the end of the first shelf, she had five books in arm.

"You think any of these might give us what we want?"

Tuning in the direction she sensed her companion to be in, she held the books out to him.

[member="Mereel Vaun"]

"Hmm.. Dominion Sith, huh?"Alright, nevermind then.

Grumbling, he shrugged his shoulders and followed Jairdain into the library. If she had suspected the blood of the victim to be anything other than a Sith, he likely would have tried to find a way to honor the departed. Having your being, or what was left of it, used to fuel the machinations of the Sith was a terrible fate, but if it was Sith killing other Sith? That was almost poetic.

Trailing behind her as she ran her device along the bookshelves, his eyes lazily scanned the rows of flimsi books. From what he could tell there wasn't any particular rhyme or reason to the ordering of the books in this library. And as Jairdain began collecting books he began questioning the sanity of the owner of the castle, or at least the sanity of the local librarian.

Having absentmindedly followed her to the end of the first shelf, he was pulled out of his stupor when she spoke. Pulling his focus from the shelf, he looked at the spines of the books to see what the titles were for the first time since he hadn't been paying too much attention to the ones she had been grabbing.

"Uhh, yeah. Uhm.. Let's start with this one: A Treatise on Ancient Force Alteration. Hell'uva broad title, but alchemy falls under alteration. Worth a shot."

[member="Jairdain"]

"Yes, they were once allies to the Silver Jedi if you can believe that. Then again the Dominion was a failure and are gone now. Wanted light and dark to work together, which is pretty difficult to accomplish in the long run. Short term though I don't think is an issue."

Shrugging her shoulders as they walked over to one of the tables and she set the books down.

"You think that one is going to have a list of runes in it to know what was used out there?"

The library may not have made sense to them, but the owner had it organized to her liking and that was the important thing.

[member="Mereel Vaun"]

Mereel let out a guttural grunt as he followed Jairdain over to a table. Him and his master both believed that the goals of dark and light were in direct opposition to each other. How either Sith or Jedi could attempt to achieve their goals alongside the other was a perplexing concept to him, even after others had tried to explain it to him before.

"I don't know if you've ever had a simple calling, but sometimes I really miss my old job. Didn't have to think as much." Mereel said, only half-jokingly.

Cracking open the Treatise on Ancient Force Alteration, Mereel flipped a few flimsi pages to reach a dusty table of contents. "I think this one has a decent enough chance of it, and if it doesn't we can always try another."

Dusting off the page with his fingers, Mereel's eyes narrowed as they landed on a chapter titled 'glyphs, symbols, and sigils'. "Might have found something." Mereel muttered as he cautiously turned the book's old pages.

The first page of the chapter depicted twelve markings, separated into rows and columns, with a short paragraph explaining what the rune meant and its purpose underneath. The book would've been a goldmine for a Jedi consular or Sith alchemist, but to Mereel the possible practicality of most of the runes was not even considered. He only cared about finding the symbols that matched the ones they had seen in the hall.

None of the symbols he had seen in the hall were depicted on the first page. He turned to the second page- same result. Every time he turned a page he was met with a disappointment until he reached the end of the chapter. Mereel let out a sigh.

"No dice on this book. Care to try another?"

[member="Jairdain"]

"In the short run, anybody can get together. What they wanted was long term and well, history shows how well that went."

The two sides hadn't actually betrayed the other or anything. Outsiders had been the downfall and came in waging war against what they thought of as false Sith. By then Jairdain had already returned to the Silver Jedi and had attempted to help the Dominion. She felt like she owed them a favour and that had been repaid.

She patiently waited while Mereel looked through the book and shrugged her shoulders at his answer.

"I don't think the symbols or ritual would be found very easily. He was a Sith Lord...so very likely it was something quite advanced. Maybe even combined things together to accomplish what he did. We can try another book, just in case."

[member="Mereel Vaun"]

Mereel nodded in response to what Jairdain had said about history showing how well the Dominion went. Not even a second later a small voice in the back of his mind reminded him that Jairdain was blind, and he forced himself to vocalize something to show he was listening. "You calling it history also shows how well it went.."

The present was a culmination of past choices, both actions and reactions - but history was history, the past had passed. You can't change what happened in the past, but you could let it teach you what you should do in the present in order to make a better future.

Letting out a short sigh, Mereel nodded and took the next book from the pile. Cracking it open, he immediately flipped to the book's table of contents. Before he began reading anything though, a light switch flipped in his brain and his helmet turned toward Jairdain.

"Hold on, before we go through thing else. What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this runes? Do you want to know what they mean or do you just want to get rid of them?"

[member="Jairdain"]

There was a small uplift of her lips when Mereel made his comment about the Dominion being history and how she spoke about it. She let out a small breath through her nose at the humour and nodded in agreement.

"Exactly. I did not stay with them for very long. Just long enough for me to recover after they rescued me and get Knighted. Once both of those were accomplished, I returned to the Silver Jedi."

Not that Knighting was one of her objectives, it was natural at the time and had been done with one of the Jedi Masters. Her mind snapped back from her memories and she listened to what he asked. Shaking her head and shrugging her shoulders slightly, Jairdain seemed at a loss for a moment before speaking. Her words still carried that sense of loss.

"I really am unsure what I expected to accomplish. Maybe learn what they meant, if there's a way to counter them...I'm sorry, Mereel. I guess I'm not much help here. They are gone, only what is in my memory remains of them. Lykos is dead and any power he put into them died with him."

[member="Mereel Vaun"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom