Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purple and Pink; Black and Blue

Water lapped up against his feet gently rolling up his legs before receding back to the ocean. Zeltros was a magical place and perfect to go if you wanted to relax or, in Damians case, recover. Damian looked down his nose at a man nearby with several zeltron women around him. He’d stolen a painting. It wasn’t such a huge heist, but after the incident on Thyferra Damian figured it was best to try something… simpler.

The target was up and moving now, to the private cabanas on the beach for a massage from one or more of the attractive red and pink women he was with. There was a number of private cabanas encased in soft cloth and chained off from the rest of the beach away from prying eyes.

Grabbing his towel and checking his chronometer to hide his gaze. Standing up Damian looked down at his side where his ribs at been bruised. Outwardly he’d managed to get rid of the red mark through meditation and localized bacta treatments. Walking to the Cabana himself he checked in with the man behind a counter who insisted he didn’t have an appointment. Damian lowered his hands behind the desk as he demanded to see the screen taking a glance of the art thieves room. “I suppose my secretary forgot to schedule it.” Damian said smiling at the Zeltros behind the counter. “I don’t suppose you could fit me in? My side is just killing me.” Truth.

The Zeltron woman smiled back at him fluttering her lashes as a Zeltron is want to do and pressing some buttons into the computer. “Pick a Cabana sir. We’ll have one of our best waiting for you.”

Damian walked through the barrier and walked into the midsts of the private cabanas. As curtains closed noise dampeners were initiated preventing other guests from hearing whatever diversions may be happening inside.

Finding a pot nearest his target Damian walked into the open cabana. A pink skinned woman, practically oozing sensuality, had draped herself over the bed inside. To the right of the bed was a triple legged stand holding a bucket with ice which held a chilled bottle of champagne. “Good day sir,” she said in a well practiced lusty voice. Damian considered the other pleasures that may be pursued in such a booth. “I’ll be your masseuse today. If you wish to disrobe I’ll go get the lotion.”

“Take your time.” Damian said smiling in a manner more lecherous than he intended. “I’ve got nowhere else to be.”

Truth was he’d come out from the beach and there wasn’t much to disrobe save the loose fitting flower shirt he’d grabbed to fit in with the tourists and his swim trunks. Folding the shirt gently he placed it on the bed hearing the curtain drawn. “That was quick,” he said starting to turn. That’s when he felt it, a warning of danger echoing in the force. As he moved to dodge a blow a fist struck him low in the side as an arm snaked around his neck.

It doesn’t matter how tough you are, fighting with a bruised rib hurt. Damian felt surges of pain with every breath he managed to take through the choke hold. Stepping back he tried to get his assailant off balance and managed to slam the man’s back against one of the thick metal poles holding the space cabana up. This momentary loosing of the chokehold gave him the opportunity to bring a foot down on his attackers and throw him onto the bed.

And then he saw his assaulter, a green skinned Mirialan. The green man quickly recovered and grabbed Damians arm throwing him onto and over the bed. Using the momentum damian kept his hold as the two of them rolled across and onto the floor. Blow after blow was exchanged in close range fighting as each jockeyed for position.

Damian was losing this fight, his injury from [member="Velok the Younger"] having sapped much of his strength early on and disallowing his full range of motions. The pair traded knees and elbows until finally Damian found himself underneath the Green skinned alien. The Mirialan seemed ready to strike a final blow, knife in hand when Damian reached for his watch and activated the cutting laser. The miniature red beam sliced into the mans face forming the pattern of an x and causing a large howl to erupt from him. With both his arms occupied trying to stop the laser from boring through his face Damian reversed the situation kicking the man off of him.

The Mirialan smirked a little before standing to his feet and leaving Damian on the ground injured and beaten, but alive. Damian moved to pursue walking out to see the would be assassin jumping the perimeter and getting into a speeder before sailing off. Knowing something was up Damian moved to the cabana housing his art thief. He opened the curtain to reveal the thief dead, a red skinned Zeltron woman laying in the bed beside him.

Returning to his room Damian looked around quickly finding a small package of synthetic mood enhancer, a legal drug commonly found on zeltros. Examining the package he saw a logo and near instantly recognized it. Blush.

https://soundcloud.com/editions-milan-music/who-can-you-trust-ivy-levan
sR2zlRZ.png

Like most of Zeltros Blush Nightclub was lit in purple and pink. Damian, now wearing his full suit walked in smiling at the attendant as he moved into the nightclub. It wasn’t in the best part of town, nor the worse and Damian was sure that there was more than one drug pedlar present as he walked in. Blush was reputed to hire the finest of odalisque to entertain and incite the prurient nature of its clientele.

Damian had to admit it worked as he started the rounds ordering a drink and preparing to people watch. All that was left was not to fall for the local honeytrap, [member="Joza Perl"].

He had met her once, a seemingly long time ago and she seemed an okay sort, and yet now he didn't know. Could she have sent this man to kill him? Or was her club simply a place the killer had gone to? How did this link to the art thief and why was he killed? The easy answer to all of this was coincidence, however Damian didn't believe in easy answers.

With an aching side Damian walked around chatting up some of the locals. Behind the bar he asked about mood enhancing cocktails and drugs and received a package that looked identical to the one he had taken from his attacker. "Is Joza in?" he asked the bartender. "Can you tell her Damian Starchaser is here to see her."

Into the lions den, if indeed this woman did try to have him killed. There was a time for subtlety and sneaking around and a time for direct action. Damian decided that he wanted to get to teh bottom of this entire mystery as quickly as possible.

The Rodian bartender was busy tonight. Busy and moody. He turned towards [member="Damian Starchaser"] already half irritated. But then he cocked a brow.

“Perl?” He practically laughed. “You got an appointment?” He waved a dismissive hand. “Talk to one uh the bouncers.” With the way he spoke it could be assumed that he thought the clone had no appointment. It wasn’t exactly uncommon, but it wasn’t rare either for people—usually men—requesting to speak with the owner. Usually they had seen her image in that magazine she did ages ago or saw her perform on stage at one point.

Occasionally though, they were friends. The bartender didn’t care though, he had drinks to mix and tips to earn.

It happened that Joza was there that night. The Zeltron had a meeting in the VIP room with a couple of arms dealers for the Outer Rim. In making her way down to the bar to be sure that the booze would flow freely for her special guests upstairs, she caught sight of a familiar face. Joza and Damian had only met once, quite a few years ago while she was still under the Galactic Alliance. Back then she was…less of a Zeltron, more of a prude awkward still-Zeltron kid who didn’t know how to control her emotions and was trying her best to become a Jedi. That didn’t quite work out.

“Hey,” She quickly slipped in the seat next to him, cutting off a violet haired Zeltron who was approaching him. “Darren, right?” She recognized him but couldn’t quite place a situation to the face…or the correct name, it seems. Still, Joza gave him a winning smile.

[member="Joza Perl"] not getting his name right caused his head to start with the risk assessments. True she could just not remember him, it was long ago, but what if she did? Damian wished he has the empathic skills of the planets inhabitants and made sure to keep himself cool and level controlling his emotions and his response. "Damian," he said with a bit of a smile. He turned to look her in the eyes. There was a forty percent chance the woman had tried to have him killed. Although Damian remembered her as a sweet girl he also knew the Zeltron he'd met wouldn't have owned a place like this. Damian knew a person could change that much.

Examining her features he decided to test the theory. "Damian Starchaser," he said with a smile nodding at the bartender who he would give an overly generous tip upon leaving, if he left. The woman was grown now, and pretty still. Yet Damian knew that the prettiest creatures often had the most poisons venom. He'd learned that through multiple encounters. "You know when I said you should get into modeling, I didn't think you'd take my advice to heart as much as you did."

There, a reminder of their past. That should jog her memory, and if it didn't they might have a problem. "I had a problem, similar to the last time we collaborated. I was hoping I could have a chat in private." Right then, through the lions den and ask to go straight to the plate. Well it's like the old adage said, knowing there is a trap is the best way to evade it. Damian didn't know, but he suspected some sort of chicanery.

“Damian!” She exclaimed with a bark of laughter. “Of course—forgive me. It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?” The last time they’d seen eachother—the only time they’d worked together, really—had been what, a decade ago? Joza was a fresh faced Padawan still dealing with the sickness of leaving her homeworld for the first time and romanticizing the Jedi lifestyle.

It wasn’t often that people from her past cropped up like this—many of them had died or otherwise disappeared, some crossed over to the darkside and others stayed right where they were. Joza had left the Order long ago but still remained an ally during certain times.

Her grin widened as he mentioned modeling. “Exotic dancer, but not much anymore mind you. Now I manage them.” Rising from her seat, she tilted her head towards the lift.

“Why not? We can head to the VIP room.” If he’d follow her to the elevator, Joza would make small talk.

“So why is it that you show up, ten years later in one of my sleazy clubs? I hope I haven’t broken some sort of inter-galactic treaty.” As far as she knew he still worked with the Galactic Alliance, and as far as she knew the Alliance had bigger fish to fry in terms of Sith and Imperial forces on their borders.

Joza flashed him a teasing smile as she waved off the attendant and punched a series of numbers into the pad.

[member="Damian Starchaser"]

Staring into the woman's eyes Damian considered his response. It was now less likely that she had sent someone to kill him, however that didn't mean she wasn't involved in something which may be related. Who did she let into place? From a quick scan the answer was anyone. In addition there was no telling what her connection to the seedier elements on planet might be given her profession she was sure to rub shoulders with all sorts. She rubbed shoulders with him after all.

"I remember you being perfectly charming. And I can assure you that no laws have been broken that I know of." Truth was an authority figure could probably find something, there was always something obscure or laws that were otherwise ignored and people were often ignorant enough of their own planets laws that Damian could make something up on the spot when he chose a cover involved in governance. He couldn't do that here, she already knew more about him than... well almost anyone save a few select people. He was foolish when he was younger and he was trying to recruit the pretty pink padawan.

"No I was just here on vacation," Damian lied with practiced ease. "There is a wonderful little resort on the beach, the Blue Moon." Adjusting his tie he smiled a little at Joza, "They give killer massages." Pausing to gauge her reaction to everything he decided to be a bit more straight forward. "Literally. A man tried to kill me." Hand in pocket Damian dropped the mood enhancer in a packet onto the table. Blush, its logo was right there. "He had this, and I was hoping for a friend, or at the very least an ally."

[member="Joza Perl"]

“If you can call a prude Jedi wannabe charming, then sure. I was the most charming girl there.” They were in the elevator now, lights peering through the spaces at the top and bottom of the doors as they passed each floor.

They were both younger then. Different people but the same in some ways. At the very least, Joza had found her own path instead of bumbling along and clinging to her Sith lover.

She nodded absently as Damian described his killer massage. “That sounds delightful.” Maybe she’d actually heard what he was trying to say, maybe she hadn’t. Still, both brows went up as the exited the elevator and made their way over to a private booth. The VIP room was much quieter compared to the club floors with soft music and slow moving mood lights. A few figures lounged about as Damian and Joza settled in.

She took the small packet into one hand, examining it quickly to confirm that it had indeed come from her company and wasn’t some knockoff product. Maybe someone was trying to pin something on her?

Looking back up towards Damian, she placed the plastoid pack back onto the table. “What motive do you think I’d have for killing you?”

Elevator rides and then more private and highly protected VIP area's didn't really make Damian feel anymore comfortable. This of course was despite the fact that the servers got more attractive as you went up in the establishment, and of course Joza was looking as pretty as ever. No all of those things just put him a bit more on edge. Prettier faces to lower guard into buying more booze, security controlled by the woman who may have hired someone to kill you. Of course the chance that was fact had reduced significantly there was still a twinge of lingering doubt at the back of Damians mind as he sat in a booth with Joza.

Once in it he made sure to get as close to her as he could. Not for the reason men normally did he was sure, but rather so in the event he had to bail or her security forces try to take him he'd be in a better position to use her as a shield against her own security should the need arise. "I'm not so sure you did," Damian replied to her question

The VIP area was nice. "I did say I was hoping for an ally or a friend right?" Damian said turning and looking directly into her eyes. The eyes were the best indicator of lying, which is why so many bounty hunters and rogue agents wore sunglasses or goggles. "I did say I was here hoping for an ally..." he paused and let that linger for a moment, "or a friend."

Her look confirmed that the packet did indeed belong to her establishment. That was good. There was a chance one of her girls knew about the man who had tried to kill him, still he needed more confirmation if he could trust Joza or not. "People can change though, you can't blame me for being a bit suspicious?" His eyes darted to a reflective surface of a napkin holder to examine his eyes. Pupils were dilated, ore than he'd expect even given the lighting, that means he was under the influence of pheromones but from his heart rate and general mood he felt it wasn't from his host directed at him. Good. Feth though she was a looker now though all grown up... no. Stop it. Pheromones and Marek thoughts weren't acceptable. He could deal with a few silly pheromones, he'd dealt with Mind Witches, Anzati, and crazy Sith who had all tried to manipulate him into a lustful state, he'd maintain his cool here. No, she wasn't directing them at him yet. He'd felt that effect before and knew it was much stronger than this.

"The man was a Mirialan, with a scar on his shoulder and a tattoo of multiple triangles arrayed across his face." Damian used his hand to indicate the pattern on his own face. Facial tattoos was bread for the species each indicating some task completed. Damian hoped that if the assassin had succeeded in killing him he'd have gotten the most fancy tattoo imaginable. "Perhaps one of your girls knows something?"

[member="Joza Perl"]

Joza tilted her head just slightly as Damian caught her eyes, repeating his question slowly. A pair of crimson brows arched as she reclined back in her seat and reflected on the situation at hand. So much had changed since they last saw eachother, at least on her end.

“You have every right to your suspicion.” She agreed. “I would be doing the same thing if I were in your shoes.” Really, she couldn’t blame him. He could have stormed in, guns ablazing and demanding why she tried to have him killed. Instead he took a more tactical approach.

“It’s not typical of me to hire assassins.” She smirked, tone and body language more congenial. “If I were going after you Starchaser, I’d probably do it myself.” Now she was just teasing.

She took another look at the packet in his hands and shook her head. “I can’t recall anyone significant like that. You can talk to the girls if you’d like. They do know the ins and outs of the clientele on a different level than I do.”

She paused, figuring that it would be best to make one thing clear.

"I didn't try to kill you, blondie. I like you, so long as you aren't one of those secret Sith lurking about."

Damian leaned closer to Joza to speak but his ribs started to ache from the pressure. He suppressed the majority of the wincing expression was nearly certain Joza had seen it and tried to cover it up with a smirk. "Well," he said mirroring her own facial feature directed at him. "I'm happy that you'd see to me personally. Gives me a nice warm feeling."

Standing relieved the pressure on his bruised rib and Damian tapped into the force to nullify any residual pain. "I'm going to ask your girls about this mystery man. I'll report my findings back to you." He stared at her some more. Definitely pheromones in the air but his analytical mind began to test the waters. "The man who tried to kill me did manage to kill an art thief I was tracking. The man stole a modestly valued painting from a wealthy man, no apparent reason why he should have been killed. Something isn't right."

He started moving towards the elevator and then stopped before leaving the booth. Turning he looked back at Joza and gave her a half cocked smile. "I've got something for you, if I found an ally, or a friend." Reaching into one of his coat pockets he produced a small feminine chrono similar to the one he was wearing. "Synchronized with my own." He showed her his wrist as he handed it over and added, "It has an integrated com unit with top notch encryption, so we can stay in communication. There is also some other little surprises as well, feel free to experiment." And a tracker he'd installed on it so he'd know where it, and hopefully she was.

He started to walk away leaving to go into the club and ask around about the green man who tried to kill him. He stopped and turned again staring at Joza with a flat expression not betraying any emotion/. It was well practiced. "You know your resting heart rate syncs with your wrist chrono. So that means by the end of the day our hearts will literally beat as one." Winking Damian adjusted his tie before turning and finishing his walk to the elevator.

[member="Joza Perl"]

“I agree. Something isn’t right.” If he were telling the truth, then it would be imperative that he find more information about this Mirialan. When Damian produced the chrono from his pocket and handed it to her, the Zeltron arched her brows in curiosity. “Thank you.” She admired the device’s sleek appearance. “I’ll be sure to put this to good use, Damian.”

When he got up to leave after dropping his cheesy line, Joza chuckled softly. “Good one, blondie.” She rose from her seat, catching up to him with long strides.

“You didn’t think I’d let you loose on my girls unsupervised, would you?” She mirrored his wink, perhaps a bit more devilish. “Not that I think you’ll do anything unsavory. But I am protective of them. They’ll be more comfortable if I’m there and they know they won’t get in trouble.”

She smiled at him, the type of polite smile that said she would not take ‘no’ for an answer. She may have been a business tycoon, but Joza was fiercely protective of her dancers given how often they were preyed upon. Probably had a bit to do with the fact that she was one herself once.

She looped an arm around his for good measure and gave him a tight smile.

Damian wasn't shocked to learn that Joza wanted to follow him and keep him company, still it would make certain things inconvenient as often llps were a bit more sealed around the boss. Damian considered the woman for a moment. He could lose her in the crowd or try to duck into a bathroom, although being a zeltron she might just follow him, but what was the point? He'd only just become convinced of her good intentions and it wouldn't do to reverse the situation so she questioned his. "Well I'd be happy to have you as escort," Damian said letting Joza infer whatever meaning she wished.

Moving with a bit of purpose, pink woman in stride, Damian considered for a moment going down the elevator. He half expected a dose of pheromones and bones to be jumped. That was his experience with nearly every pretty woman he'd encountered save Kana Truden. Of course this was still a Zeltron bar complete with a concoction of aerial chemicals teasing the senses. Damian spared a look at Joza noting her features and blushing a bit before the elevator touched down on the ground floor.

"Let me ask you a question, who is the biggest gossip on your staff?" A thought had occurred to him, there might be an associate of the man in attendance or someone waiting for his return to report. "I'd like to question her second and then watch the staff as we do our rounds. There is a chance a staff member is involved, perhaps just as a messenger. If I operated out of here I'd make sure to be friendly with a staff member of two." He added the last part to try and forestall any protests, Joza was rightfully protective of her girls and Damian could understand that. He'd seen the degenerate things men and women could do when left to their own devices to say nothing ot the various species who considered others in the galaxy food or play things. "If we see someone looking particularly nervous or rushing to warn a patron we might have a lead." Or a complete dead end. These things were never sure bets. "Its a gamble, but we lose nothing by taking it, we can always question people and examine security footage later."

[member="Joza Perl"]

“Most men would be.” She replied to his comment about her being an escort, amusement plain in her voice as she squeezed his arm. Joza didn’t have any plans to try and seduce the young man however. Truth was that she liked him just fine so far, but her girls were important to her.

“Mirelinda.” She responded without missing a beat. As they made their way onto the floor, she tilted her head towards a voluptuous waitress. Pink skin, violet hair and cerulean eyes wrapped up in a little black dress as she bent over in just the right way while serving drinks to a table. “She’s definitely the token gossip. Knows everything about everyone.”

Joza smile as they changed course for the purple haired woman. “Nice girl, can be quite nasty though.” Many of the girls here were. This was a rough part of town and the women who worked in these establishments had to have thick skin when it came to clientele.

Mirelinda was meaner than most though. Hopefully with the buffer of the boss being there, she’d be nicer.

“Linda,” She called when they were only a few steps away. “Linda, there you are. Why don’t you take a little break? This is my friend, Mr. Starchaser. Come, let’s grab a booth.” She motioned politely to the girl who smiled cheerily, rolling her eyes when Joza turned her back.

Moving with Joza about the bar he saw the woman that they were going to question. She was an expert, oozing in sensuality and bending over in ways to tease the senses of her patrons. Pretty too, if one had such desires. Those were very Marek thoughts however. Purple and pink, Damian thought looking at Mirelina. Just like the majority of the planet. A little smile crossed his face. "A pleasure," he said extending his hand and helping the woman into the seat next to Joza and himself.

At any other time he'd have been quite pleased with himself. After all here he was on Zeltros next to [member="Joza Perl"] who he knew was rather famous for her wiles and had posed as a model for a short time, and yet another stunning attractive Zeltron which of course was rather the point of the Lust.. Lush... Blush club. Damnit.

Damian didn't like mind altering drugs, force powers, and pheromones. They tended to addle even the sharpest mind and this entire club was full of them. "I was wondering about a man who had been in here. Joza says you're one of the sharpest girls and might be able to help." It didn't hurt to flatter. "He was a Mirialan about my height and tattoos in a triangular pattern around the face."

He continued his description with the woman nodding agreeably to him. "Sorry," she said with a nod, "I don't know anyone like that." All sweetness. Apparently the boss being around was having the desired effect.

"Well I didn't think I'd get it on the first try," Damian said with an award winning smile. "For your trouble," Damian placed a rather substantial tip onto the table. "And services."

Merelina vanished with a smile, no doubt hoping to get a new big fish on her line. It was the desired effect Damian was going for as no doubt she was already telling the other girls about the rich man handing out money for asking questions? What questions? Why its something about a green guy. No clue why he's asking. It was perfect.

Damian looked around the bar as the next girl came to the table. He ordered a drink and asked his questions as the pleasant woman walked away to get some drinks. "I like to people watch." He said to Joza. "It helps to concentrate, stave off boredom of a stakeout. I make little stories about the people and it helps me to remember details. Details that could save my life when something is out of place."

There was a lot of people in the bar and one had already struck Damian as off. She was young, perhaps a bit on the young side to work in a place like this. Damian used a reflection on a napkin holder to keep her in his view "Things out of place like the youngest of your girls leaving with a Zabrak who is staring rather concerned as us." Poor girl. Damian doubted she even knew she was being used. "Shall we?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom