Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purging the Wicked

Hate and anger swirled through a young Mon Cal’s mind, yet he appeared completely calm, a typical neutral Mon Calamari expression on his face. Leaning out of a window, his large orange eyes goggled around, scanning the surrounding area for any sign of danger. The sun had already gone to sleep, sinking the destroyed city into a dark shadow, though the Mon Calamari did not mind, his race could see well in darkness. The sight was not the nicest; a place he used to call home lied in ruins. What was worse, small groups of the Republic ‘liberators’ started raiding the city, stealing everything valuable they could find, taking even the simplest things as something to remember their glorious victory. More’d soon come to the house he was hiding in, wanting to get a few free credits not belonging to them and steal from people they had murdered. Unfortunately for them, the last remnants of those loyal to the legitimate government kept fighting. The barbaric horde of invaders responded to it by doing ethnical cleansing, killing Imperials who refused to accept the usurpers as their new government. Since every citizen of the fallen Sith Empire was an Imperial, it meant to kill everyone who does not wear a Jedi robe or a Republic uniform and openly disagrees with the subjugation. Those barbarians certainly had ways of bringing ‘peace’ and ‘freedom’. It made Avreet smirk, those were only empty words of the invaders. The legitimate government of the planet, the Sith Empire, showed the true meaning of peace, freedom, alongside with prosperity and security. Not much of it left, except for the ones still fighting for it.

The room he stood in looked like it has been already burgled. It seemed the original owners had tried to save themselves, packing everything valuable and locking the door behind them, never to be seen again. The locked door told Avreet the room had yet to be ransacked by the Republic soldiers. He solved the door by melting the lock with his lightsaber. Not the most polite of ways, but he had a mission to accomplish. To kill a Republic colonel and show the citizens of the Empire that there was yet hope. Obviously, the decimated Empire was already dead, but it continued living inside its subjects. They’d have to operate from shadows now instead of directly fighting the hated enemy. The Jedi and their Republic puppets had caused so much death and destruction that the Dark Side could be easily felt by even untrained Force sensitives. It only strengthened Avreet’s resolve. His right eye swiveled to look into a dark corner, watching four dead Republic soldiers lying there like sacks of potatoes. Soon, another one would join the manpile.

His left eye darted towards the door as he heard a noise coming from behind. Reaching out through the Force, the Mon Calamari Sith could feel a being filled with bloodlust and greed. This prompted the young Assassin to bend the light around him, becoming transparent until fully disappearing. When the door opened and a man in a uniform of a Republic officer stepped in, glancing around. The invisible Sith circled around him, getting into his back and grabbing him from behind with his webbed hands. One swift move and he broke the man’s neck, and then threw the body on the others. Going to the window again and looking through it, his head covered by a hood, the Mon Cal’s cybernetic eye searched for more threats. Finding no one, he closed his eyes and listened to the sounds. Aside from an occasional blaster shot here and there, the night remained silent. The assassin he waited for in the designated area should arrive soon. Together, the two Sith would eliminate their target and rescue a mix of Imperial soldiers and civilians scheduled for execution. That should send a nice message to the Republic bastards. His mind briefly shifted to his parents, and he could only pray they have survived the war and escaped. Once the mission was over, he’d have to use one of Grima’s contacts to find them. The fate of the Sith Witch did not worry the Sith Knight, as he knew the powerful and wise Sith would be fine, as always.

The Force, his tool, told him of another sentient being coming closer to his position. A Force sensitive with their signature hard to feel, though it was still very possible for an experienced assassin like him. Possibly an apprentice. “Are you ready?” asked the Mon Calamari simply when she approached, his cybernetic eye immediately seeing the young woman, “If so, let’s go. Our target is currently near the townhall, along with the prisoners.” The Mon Cal offered the dead bodies in the corner one last glare filled with hate and left the room, entering a short hallway. Walking down the stairs and exiting the building, he was ready to delve into the city filled with enemy patrols. They would not stand a chance against two trained assassins though, not even if their helmets had night vision.

@[member="Zaria"]

@[member="Avreet Zatarus"]

I remained crouched on one of the damaged ledges attached to an even far damaged building, looking into the night, engulfed by shadows to hide myself, while I could smell and sense death all around me. The Sith Empire, great as it was, had fallen to the Jedi and the Republic; their strongholds, footholds, and domination of its once controlled sectors were slowly falling one by one. The Jedi had descended upon us like a raging storm, sweeping us away like discarded debris while their Republic handlers had used Sith-like tactics by infiltrating the Imperial government; spying and planting seeds of distrust among the senators and Moffs, while helping small factions of citizens not thrilled at the Imperial rule or it's laws to rebel against their Imperial rulers. The Empire was no more. The Sith Order broken and scattered.

My red eyes danced back and forth, switching from one sentient to another. These were citizens of the former Empire scurrying about to hide from the Jedi and the Republic death squads. The Republic, the same one that preached against slavery and atrocities, were now performing their own acts of horror amongst the masses of Imperial citizens that remained loyal to the Empire. Though I normally wouldn't care about the well being of the citizens, the Jedi and Republic gave me a goal; a purpose to hunt them down and eradicate them, slowly and painfully. Not that I needed a reason to do so in the first place, but compared the other alternatives of fleeing the region or going into exile, this granted me an opportunity to strike quickly from the shadows while others took the coward's way out.

I rose up to my full height turning my head to the left, my long red hair blowing back slightly as a gust of wind gently caressed it, planning my movements in my mind instead of careless actions or moving through the city recklessly. Observe, plan, attack had been drilled into my mind, making it a part of my life and survival, by my former Father and mentor; the exile. Two options were available to me, move through the city and fight my way to the rendezvous with another Sith assassin or move across the rooftops uninterrupted and unnoticed by the roaming Republic soldiers mulling about the street, the latter more appealing for the moment.

I began running across the littered rooftops jumping from one building to the next, a pale phantom haunting the night, toward the meeting place with the Mon Calamari Sith Knight. I could feel his presence in the Force and it grew stronger the closer I came to my destination. Arriving on the roof of the building he was in, I slipped through the ruined door, descended the stairs opting against the use of the turbolift, and followed the pull of his Force signature to direct me to his location.

I stepped inside moving toward him as his cybernetic eye, glowing red in the darkness, trained itself on me. I stopped a few feet from him as he asked me if I was ready. I nodded my head in a 'yes' gesture then added as we headed for the exit, "Hours prior to our gathering...I've noticed that the Republic patrols have doubled the men assigned to them...and...it seems there is a female Cathar Jedi leading the the guards assigned to watching over the prisoners..."

"...but she is no match for us," I concluded stepping back out into the night once again, pulling my the hood from my red and black cloak over my head.

The Sith Assassin's right eye swiveled to look at the red haired woman. He had also noticed the patrols everywhere, including several Jedi. This Cathar swine did not bother him; she was already dead, as everyone else who will get in the way of the deadly Sith duo. The Mon Calamari had killed his first Jedi Knight when he was just a fifteen year old Apprentice, alone on a mission to root out a group of terrorists. As such, one Jedi in the area gave him no reason to be worried. Quite the opposite, the young Knight relished the opportunity to kill a few Jedi. While not believing in revenge, the Jedi had caused too much pain and suffering to be forgiven. Their deaths would be just in the Mon Cal’s amber eyes, though he had no intention of looking for them, as the Republic colonel remained his only target, the only person that had to die, although of course the Jedi guarding the prisoners would meet the same fate. Avreet always wanted to make his kills as quick and painless as possible, always trying to be ethical, but he already the colonel would suffer. The Mon Cal wanted it to be personal, he wanted his target to know what kind of pain they had caused him and Avreet also wished his Mon Calamari face would be the last thing for the Republic dog to see, so it’d follow him for eternity.

Several options lied in front of them. They could remain in the streets, easily hiding in the shadows, or they could try their luck up in the rooftops. Many buildings were destroyed though, meaning the Sith would have to jump great distances from time to time, which would make their silhouettes very visible in the moon light. The Sith Knight thus decided to delve into the dark shadows of the streets, becoming one with the darkness that loomed over the city. Ruins laying in the area casted a nice shadow on a building on the opposite side of the street, dark enough to hide the two. Avreet could not resist the temptation to hide there, so he dashed forwards and disappeared from sight. Just in time, as he heard footsteps. His webbed hand opened up in a palm and he held it out to stop his fellow Sith from getting to the shadows next to him. “You take out the one closer to you, apprentice,” ordered the Mon Calamari through his telepathic message sent to Zaria.

Two soldiers dressed in Republic armor emerged from behind a corner, immediately noticing the red haired girl. Raising their blaster rifles, they aimed at her and took several steps closer to arrest her. One of the armored men stood right in front of Avreet, his back turned on the young Sith, giving the Mon Cal a perfect opportunity to attack. Swiftly rising from his crouched position, Avreet telekinetically retrieved his short sword from his right boot, firmly grasped it in his hand and penetrated the closer soldier’s throat without any hesitation, making the man elicit a pained gurgle. The other soldier heard it and turned around just in time to see his comrade’s legs disappearing in the shadow. Now it was time for the Sith Apprentice to shine. Once the deed was done, Avreet took the lead, going in the direction the two invaders came from and slipping from shadow to shadow, his steps completely silent, just as his presence in the Force hidden by Force stealth.

Several patrols passed, yet the Sith had not bothered with any of them, as taking them out would be too risky. His unique Mon Calamari sight allowed him to see fairly well in darkness, so he did not even have to use the night vision in his cybernetic eye. Being mindful of many tiny rocks and pieces of metal on the ground, he moved slowly and carefully. Shifting the gaze of his right eye somewhere into the distance, he found the shape of a tower of a town hall. Their destination. The two Sith had appeared in front of a fairly well lit crossroads with many heavily armed soldiers. Several buildings lucky enough not to be damaged stood on the opposite side of the street, the Mon Cal took particular interest in a large structure of apartments, as his cybernetic eye noticed a well hidden sniper peeking from one of the upper windows. Avreet telepathically connected to his fellow Sith. “I hope you know Force cloak, apprentice. Do you see those apartments? We’ll get across the street, unnoticed, and borrow a sniper rifle from the Republic dog camping in one of the windows.” With that, the Mon Calamari used Force cloak like he had done thousands of times before, bending light and shadow around himself to disappear.

@[member="Zaria"]

We walked through the dimly lit streets, using the shadows to hide us from the prying eyes of the patrols or the traitorous eyes of those citizens who now claimed to be free of the oppression by the Empire. With my senses on high alert, I scanned the area around us feeling the individual presences from this neighbourhood and the surrounding areas; yet the only sign of the Force I was feeling was from the Knight. Perhaps the Jedi had been relocated or worse, was masking her Force from us because she knew we were here. Regardless, this Jedi would not survive this encounter.

I heard approaching footsteps coming toward us, though I felt their presence in the Force already, and watched the Mon Calamari disappear into a darkened side street engulfed in shadows. I stood there, knowing that I was no in danger, and waited for the two soldiers to appear; which they did with their blaster rifles at the ready. They tried telling me that I was to come with them for questioning since I was in violation of their imposed curfew in the city. I simply smiled at their request.

I felt, then saw, the Mon Calamari attack the soldier from behind, driving some blade into his throat. As the other soldier turned around to figure out what had just occurred, I made my move. Using Force choke, I slowly began to squeeze the life out him until I heard a slight popping noise and viewed his body go limp. Not risking for his armour to make noise when it hit the hard surface, I used my telekinesis and lifted the body up and moved it into the shadows; following behind it. I checked and examined his pockets for anything useful, only to come up empty handed.

I followed, not to closely, the Sith Knight through the shadows, avoiding the other patrols on our way toward the town hall. Once we were in range, he questioned me about the knowledge of Force cloak; which I replied through our mental link, "I do...and so much more." He seem satisfied with my answer as he disappeared from my view, but not from the Force.

I cloaked myself, moving toward the apartment building

Avreet felt rather pleased when the girl confirmed she knew the stealth power known as Force cloak. Once the young woman started to move towards him, one of the soldiers shined his flashlight around, illuminating the place the two Sith stood. Yet he could not see anything, as both assassins’ control of the Force was very good. Most of the Republic soldiers around would be able to see the the door into the building opening though, so Avreet solved that by using a power known as Force projection. After staring at the door with his cybernetic eye, memorizing the details, he created an projection of the same door in the exact same place and also manipulated the sound waves so nobody could hear the door opening. It looked like the door remained firmly shut, but both Sith had made their way into the building. His steps making no noise as he went upstairs, the Mon Calamari looked at the number indicating the floor they were on.

Upon seeing the right one, the Sith Knight left the staircase behind and walked into one of the apartments. Using the same trick on the door leading into the room as he had done with the door downstairs, Avreet entered unnoticed, appearing behind the Republic sniper. Still cloaked, the Mon Cal sneaked up on the armored man and swiftly cut broke his neck, silencing the snap through the Force and gently lied him down on the carpet. Removing the sniper from the dead soldier’s hands, Avreet’s right eye studied it for a moment. XS-09, a standard-issue laser sniper rifle in the Republic military. This beast had a capacity of 50 rounds, weighted 5.8 kilograms and its effective range was 1500 meters. It could penetrate light armor of a vehicle, making it a dangerous enemy…or ally. It’d be a good trophy and a useful tool, one made by the Republic will strike fear into the black hearts of its former owners. The Mon Cal bended the sound around the weapon’s barrel and peeked through the scope, eyeing the Republic soldiers on the crossroad. He could not resist, he had to test this fine tool of death. Taking aim, the crosshair pointed at an officer commanding the group, though Avreet took note of all of their positions.

Gently squeezing the trigger, he watched as the bolt silently left the weapon and completely removed the officer’s head. The Mon Cal’s hands immediately moved to the right, shifting the aim to another soldier with incredible speed, shooting him into neck before the Republic dog even knew what happened. 3 more kills and the confused and scared remains of once powerful squad finally took cover. Avreet knew their positions though, seeing them all with his heat vision. The least intelligent soldier hid behind a speeder. Avreet took another shot and watched as it pierced through the machine before a large pool of red liquid poured from beneath it. One man peeked from behind a corner, only to have half of his face removed as well, though his brother in arms used this opportunity to aim at the window and release several shots that missed wildly until Avreet ended him, also taking out a man who ran to check on his dead comrades. This prompted the remaining invaders to run, some towards the building with the sniper, others sprinted away in terror. Having no mercy for the ones who had destroyed so much, the Mon Cal shot them in their backs and left Zaria to take care of the ones who had gotten inside.

The night became quiet again, and Avreet used this opportunity to quickly regain some of the energy lost by using Force cloak. Flinging the rifle on his back, the Knight knelt down and closed his eyes. The Force was poisoned with a vast amount of death, pain, suffering, hatred, anger. All of these things made the young Sith stronger though. He feasted on the endless amount of the Dark Side on the planet, his body draining the energy and giving him power. It took only a minute. His large amber eyes opened and he motioned with his webbed hand towards the young apprentice. “Let’s go. We can pass through the crossroads now,” smiled the Sith kindly and rose from his position.

Once inside the building, the duo moved quickly eliminating any and all enemies within the building. Several soldiers fell to them, dying without even knowing what happened. The pair made their way into a room, were the Sith Knight killed another soldier, then commandeered the dead soldier's sniper rifle. When the Knight moved to the window, Zaria took up a position in the hallway to guard it against any sort of counterattack while the Mon Calamari went to work.

Shot after shot rang out as they soldier's fell to the precise shots of the Sith assassin. Hearing footfalls running through the building toward us, Zaria ignited her weapon and slowly moved toward the one way up or down. Three soldiers rounded the corner and stopped when they saw Zaria standing there, her lightsaber ignited and humming through the hallway. Zaria, however, would not wait for them to attack. Using the Force to enhance her speed and agility, she dropped into the Ataru form and struck. The first two soldiers died swiftly when she charged them an used the wall to run on, dodging their shots; but they couldn't dodge her to well precise slashes.

The last turned to flee but Zaria gripped him in the Force, slamming him into the wall face first following that with a lunge of her left ended blade that pierced both armour and flesh; killing the third soldier. Zaria powered down her weapon but kept it in the palm of her hand, her fingers wrapped around it while she indulged in the swirling energy of the Dark Side to replenish herself.

Feeling refreshed, she stepped into the room just as the Knight said they could now pass the crossroads. "Then let us not delay...justice may be blind...but it wishes to have its hunger sated," Zaria said replacing her weapon back to its holding spot on her waist belt of bones.

Walking among the corpses of dead Republic soldiers, Avreet found the officer he had killed earlier and knelt next to the body, searching it for anything useful. The Sith Knight found nothing useful except for an S-6A blaster pistol, which he removed from the officer’s possession and put it under his belt, as it might prove useful later. Getting up to not linger in the place for too long, since the Republic dogs would most likely send a squad to investigate the sudden radio silence, the Sith dashed to the shadows of the buildings and crouched, continuing his journey to the town hall. Its tower became bigger as the Sith duo came closer and closer, yet Avreet knew it would take a while to get there thanks to the obstacles in their path.

Just as the thought crossed his mind, his cybernetic eye picked up some movement in the distance. Using the zoom function, Avreet gazed at the source of the movement, the cybernetic eye looking towards the town hall’s tower. A visible frown appeared in his face. This time, no sniper camped in such a convenient place. Something much more terrible flew in the wind; the cursed Republic flag proudly watched over the city, a spit to any loyal Imperial’s face. That ugly thing would have to go too, so Avreet added it as his secondary objective and sneaked forwards, the frown still visible. The Jedi dogs with their Republic puppets had to pay for this, no doubt about it. They called it the end of oppression and a new beginning of freedom; yet Avreet had lost his family, his Master, his apprentice, his fellow Hand, his friends, his ship, his home, his Empire. If this was the freedom and justice the Jedi peacemakers offered, he’d spit it right back to their face.

The amphibious Sith suddenly stopped, feeling the ground shake and hearing a loud noise. The source revealed itself soon. A heavy assault tank rolled through the streets, crushing anything unfortunate enough to get underneath the monstrosity. Avreet quickly bended the light and sound around himself to disappear from sight and pressed his body against a wall to his right, watching as the tank passed and rode towards the crossroads, accompanied by eight troopers marching behind it. The Mon Cal did not want them to discover what happened just yet, so he telepathically spoke to Zaria. “Apprentice, kill the crew of that tank. Do it silently.” He ordered and unclipped the twin lightsabers on his belt, ready to take out the soldiers.

@[member="Zaria"]

Zaria gave nothing more than a fleeting glance at the corpses. She did not believe in granting mercy to her enemies but more so to these Republic soldiers that have invaded her home and took almost everything from her. She held nothing but contempt for them in her mind and pure hatred and vengeance in her heart. They would all pay. One day, they will pay for this! She turned her vengeful mind from the scene back to the future. If she was careless or was caught unawares, she would die and her vengeance incomplete.

She saw the massive tower standing before her, the flag of the Republic dancing in the wind. She fought the urge to scream at the symbol that was responsible for so many deaths, Sith and Imperial citizens alike. Then she felt a vibration under her feet followed by a whirring noise that she couldn't place at first. Then it occurred to her what it was, a Republic armoured tank. The carnage of dead and debris were crushed under the tracks of the tank as it moved unchallenged through the street. Zaria ducked behind a dumpster watching first the tank roll by then followed by the Republic soldiers marching behind it. She heard the Knight tell her to kill the crew of the tank and she replied, "I'm on it!"

Looking up, she saw a ledge on a building she could use to her advantage. Leaping up and grabbing hold of it, she pulled herself onto the ledge and began to stalk the tank just as the Knight attacked the soldiers. The tank halted its advance and was revolving its turret toward the Mon Calamari when she struck. Using Force Flash, she shot out a wave of energy that shorted out the tank's computers and circuitry and jumped down on the top of the tank. The hatch opened up and as the soldier was emerging from it, Zaria ignited both ends of her lightsaber and cut a swath through the man's upper body. The body fell back into the tank and she followed after it. The crew of the tank were not trained nor were the prepared to deal with a Sith; especially inside their tank.

The two crew members died quickly from the bite and sting of her blades. She exited the tank, crouched on the top looking at the Mon Calamari with a hint of a smile.

Waiting to see Zaria get into a better position, the Mon Cal’s eyes followed the tank and the soldiers behind it. Once the female Sith looked ready to jump into action, Avreet took his lightsabers and bended the light and sound around them, making the twin weapons disappear. Grasping them with telekinesis, he hurled them into the group of soldiers, slicing the dogs into pieces. Unlike the typical humming of lightsabers, the invisible blades produced no noise thanks to Avreet silencing them through the Force. It looked like the soldiers started falling apart on their own in a gruesome scene. Limbs were removed, lives taken, all in a matter of seconds. Avreet emerged from the shadows as the last soldier fell, cut in half in his waist. Telekinetically calling his sabers back, the Mon Cal decloaked them, allowing the scene to bask in crimson light. Both weapons finished off the ones who survived the bisection, as the Knight did not want them to warn the colonel through any sort of radio in their helmets.

The tank’s turret started to slowly rotate to take aim, but it stopped when Zaria attacked. The young woman soon disappeared in the tank and took care of the remaining soldiers. Avreet simply stared at the vehicle, waiting for the apprentice to emerge, his expression neutral. Glaring at the red haired Sith when she exited the tank, noticing her smile, the Mon Calamari Knight turned on his heels and started pacing towards the shadows again, carefully avoiding the pool of blood forming on the street. The darkness accepted him once more, hiding him in its embrace from sight of his enemies. The young Sith briefly switched the vision mode in his right eye to heat vision and searched for enemy snipers before turning the low-light vision back on, so it’d be equal with his healthy eye.

Not seeing anyone, he swiveled his left eye to glance at the female Sith. “We jump on the rooftops; from there we will jump across their camp into the tower.” He telepathically said, goggling at the apprentice to see she understood. The Force massed in his legs and he simply jumped up from his crouched position, all noise silenced by bending the sound waves. The amphibious Sith landed on the nearest rooftop, the flat metal roof made no noise, and he found himself glaring at the hated flag again. It wouldn’t wave for long… Being so high also allowed him to take a good look at the Republic camp formed around the town hall. Three shuttles could be seen by the far right corner, while the vehicles parked on the close right. The whole perimeter was guarded by at least ten patrols, all in all about 100 men and Force knows how many slept in the tents in close vicinity of the building in the center. Nodding at Zaria, Avreet used the Force again to jump to the tower, dark shadow flying through the air unnoticed. He landed right next to the flag, crouched, and chuckled as he cut the rope holding it, making the wind carry it somewhere into the distance.

@[member="Zaria"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom