Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Purgatory PDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Warfighter
First try at this so here we go.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Personal weapon for my character
  • Image Source: Personal Screenshot
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Spectre Spectre
  • Affiliation: Spectre Spectre
  • Market Status: Closed Market
  • Model: Purgatory
  • Modularity: Bottom rail for foregrips. Top rail for various optics. Side rails for flashlights, lasers, or other attachments.
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Full metal body. Plastoid stock and pistol grip. Titanium suppressor or whatever suppressors are made of in Star Wars.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster
  • Size: Average (650mm, 65cm)
  • Weight: Average (3.5Kg)
  • Ammunition Type: Power cell/ Gas cannister
  • Ammunition Capacity: High, 65 shots per power cell. 390 shots per gas cannister.
  • Effective Range: Average, 200m
  • Rate of Fire: High, 900 RPM
  • Damage Output: High
  • Recoil: Low on semi, moves to average on full auto
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Adjustable stock
  • Rail systems for attachments
  • Integrated suppressor for quieter shots
  • Foregrip attached for recoil control
  • Fire selector switch for safe, stun, semi, and full auto.
STRENGTHS
  • High fire rate for CQC
  • Effective for CQC
  • User knows the weapon like the back of their hand
  • Good for stealth because of the suppressor
WEAKNESSES
  • Low range compared to rifles and other larger weapons.
  • Recoil increase with continuous fire on full auto.
  • Parts availability for repairs is scarce as very specific parts need to be sourced.
DESCRIPTION
The weapon doesn't have an official designation, so Spectre Spectre just chooses to call it Purgatory, where he intends to send his enemies when he shoots them. He hand built very few models of them, in case a weapon is lost, destroyed, stolen, lent, or for any reason not with him, he can go and pick up a backup one. He also either chooses to use green or blue tibanna gas in the weapon. He built it with the intention of having something comfortable and ergonomic enough for his combat style while also giving him some necessary stability with the thicker stock. To give you an idea of the weapon's size, the body and barrel are the size of a DC15s carbine with a stock and suppressor on either side.

Also the weapon's receiver is based on the real world B&T APC9. The rest of the gun is fictional.

Last edited:
The Warfighter
Spectre Spectre

Nicely made weapon! Your ratings are overpowered (+1), please fix this.
Are all ratings overpowered or are we talking about something specific? I intended to make it a high fire rate SMG/carbine hybrid with similar stats to the 4.6x30mm caliber. So what would be your suggestion(s) to change?

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Spectre Spectre

The entire, I mean we summarise the ratings to get the balance. But oh, I see, you forgot to add the Ammunition Capacity as well. If you change that to small in that case the sub will be balanced. But you can change any other ratings too. I give you a little help, this can be helpful. And if you want only weapon you can change the production scale to Unique only.
  • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. You need to copy to your drive first, and after this you're able to use it.

The Warfighter
Spectre Spectre

The entire, I mean we summarise the ratings to get the balance. But oh, I see, you forgot to add the Ammunition Capacity as well. If you change that to small in that case the sub will be balanced. But you can change any other ratings too. I give you a little help, this can be helpful. And if you want only weapon you can change the production scale to Unique only.
  • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. You need to copy to your drive first, and after this you're able to use it.
Appreciate the help. I adjusted some of the values and increased weight, size, recoil on full auto, and added a damage drop off range to the gun, if that's even a concept on blaster bolts.

The Warfighter
Spectre Spectre

Not necessary the balance, it can be underpowered if you want. But the -2 points means you can incrase two more stats. For example to this.
Appreciate the help. I increased the damage and ammo capacity each by 1 level. Hope I've achieved balance to the force I bring to battle. I think I understand the stats system now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom