Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Purgation

As Chief Healer, Amani's time at the temple was rarely free of work. Whether a job as big as an invasive surgery or as minute as reorganizing patient files, chances are there was something to keep her occupied. Today though, was a bit more unique. Jasper had requested her help in checking a scar he had received, concerned of the potential darkness that might be lingering. It was, ironically, not the first time Amani had been asked to do something like this. In fact, purging a dark sided scar was one of the first things she did when joining up with the NJO. Still it wasn't the sort of thing she often got a call for.

At least now she could say she had experience.

Amani stood outside in the lobby of the healing halls, anxiously waiting for Jasper to arrive, so they could get started proper.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys

Jasper had only just checked in with Valery Noble Valery Noble about his experience in the Asrael Asylum and he was already off to meet with someone else. Amani was next on the list. It had already been arranged for him to go to the halls of healing to make sure nothing dark was lingering to the runes that Carnifex had etched into his skin. Needless to say, the padawan was exhausted. He was now going a full twenty-four hours without sleep now, maybe longer. He was certainly struggling to keep track of the time. The fear that he may see the vision again had kept him awake, and he was sure it would continue to for a while after this. How does someone cope with seeing the apocalypse?

As he made his way into the lobby, the Chief Healer was waiting for him, seemingly anxious. Jasper couldn't blame her. Sith magic was nothing to scoff at. He wasn't in a great state himself all things considered. His hair was untied and unkept, bags had formed under his eyes in a pronounced purple hue, and he could barely stand up straight. The padawan was a complete wreck.

"Hey, Miss Amani..."

Jasper at least managed a greeting. He was many things at the moment, but impolite was not one of them.

"Jasper…" Amani replied in a measured voice. Although the slight widening of her eyes, and the raise of her brows, indicated that she was a bit unprepared for just how disheveled he looked, "Follow me."

The Chief Healer began walking towards one of the exam rooms on the far end, and a medical droid trudged over to accompany her, "Can I be of any assistance, Ms. Serys?"

"Not with this one," She quickly replied. Though this sort of case still fell under her jurisdiction, there was little hard science to be applied in the purging of a Dark Side curse. The droid politely bowed out and returned to its menial routine, as Amani opened the room door for Jasper to enter. It was a standard room with an exam table and rows of cabinets and drawers along one side of the wall. She gestured at the table, "Have a seat."

Once the door closed and they were left in silence, she meandered closer, "So, before we get started: Mind telling me what exactly happened?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

It was clear that Amani was not prepared for how much of a mess Jasper was. It was subtle, only a widening of the eyes and a slight lift of the brow, but Jasper noticed. He didn't have much else to focus his mind on at the moment. It didn't matter much. He was far to tired to care. The chief healer ushered him into the halls of healing, gesturing for him to sit down on one of the exam tables. The padawan did so, sort of in a shambly, robotic manner.

"So, before we get started: Mind telling me what exactly happened?"

"Carnifex," he stated plainly, a frown spreading across his face. His sunken eyes looked as if he was seeing it all over again. "I told him off at the Asrael Asylum, so he... showed me a vision of the future... the one he wants. He left marks in my chest and left..."

Jasper had enough sense to restrain himself, but he so very much wanted to call Carnifex a coward. The Sith Lord hid behind magic and weaseled his way into the minds of those who fear him. It was very easy to hate a man like that. Jasper was afraid of this fact.

"Sorry," Jasper stated abruptly. "I haven't slept since. I... guess I'm not very presentable at the moment."

He tried to muster a smile. Tried, anyways. Jasper's face seemed to resist such attempts.

Amani blinked, but otherwise had no reaction. It was simultaneously surprising and not. These days, the Sith Lord had a habit of playing the snake in the grass it seemed. A far cry from the almighty emperor he had been before, but not without threat. She knew better than most what kind of danger they could present if left unchecked. Instinctively, Amani ran a hand over her chest, which bore a scar of its own, courtesy of Carinfex's uncle. "I know the feeling," She responded.

"We'll find a way to take care of it," Amani stepped a bit closer, the crystal around her neck thrumming with energy, "Starting with the simplest method. If it doesn't work, we'll have to move up the list." In truth Amani lacked confidence that their first attempt would work, given how the scar was made. But better to start with the least invasive methods in the chance that they do the job.

"Can I see it?" Afterwards, she would raise a hand, and begin to channel Force Healing into the wound, trying to cleanse it of its dark influence. If it didn't succeed, Jasper might find their alternative less pleasant, "Do you feel anything?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Amani seemed to indicate that she understood what he was going through, gesturing to her own chest. It was at least nice to know that he wasn't alone in this experience, even if it didn't change what he had seen.

"We'll find a way to take care of it," Amani stepped a bit closer, the crystal around her neck thrumming with energy, "Starting with the simplest method. If it doesn't work, we'll have to move up the list."

From there, she raised a hand to begin healing the wound. When she asked to see it, he lifted his shirt, revealing the runes inscribed on his skin.

"I-If you could leave the scars when you heal it, I'd appreciate it," Jasper asked. "For... personal reasons."

He wanted something to remember what he was fighting for. Jasper had explained this to Master Noble, who had understood where he was coming from, so he felt a bit more comfortable making the request. If he had gone through all the trouble to see the Sith's doomed future, the least he could be left with is some physical evidence that it happened. For the sake of his mental state.

"Do you feel anything?"

"Warm... kinda," he frowned. "Is that bad?"

"I-If you could leave the scars when you heal it, I'd appreciate it," Jasper asked. "For... personal reasons."

Amani raised a brow, making a similar assumption as to his reasoning. She then simply nodded, "I'll see what I can do." Healing wasn't really something that could be so easily finessed, but given how long they had already lignered, it would probably require additional procedures to remove the scars anyway.

"Warm... kinda," he frowned. "Is that bad?"

"No," Amani managed a soft smile, "A lot of people describe Force Healing that way." For others it was different, but the process was usually pleasant. Or, as pleasant as can be, given whatever pain the person might be in.

"If this doesn't work, I have one other option," She looked at Jasper, "Force Light." An ability specifically designed to purge the Dark Side. Effective, but not quite as soothing as healing. Amani stepped back, taking a bit of a breather. It was a taxing power, especially when prolonged. "Can you sense any darkness still? Anything out of the ordinary?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

"If this doesn't work, I have one other option," She looked at Jasper, "Force Light."

"Force Light?" Jasper remarked with a frown. "Is that the glowey thing? I did a glowey thing on Panatha and the Sith I was fighting didn't seem to like it."

He knew that the ability warded off dark stuff, but hadn't really taken the time to learn what it was since he got a handle on how to use the ability. Jasper became somewhat embarrassed. How could he learn something and not know what it was called, or even stop to learn for that matter. The padawan's brain seemed to stop at learning what it did. Amani then asked if he felt any lingering darkness. It was a strange question, but he knew what she ment. It probably sounded crazy to a non-force sensitive.

"Not that I can tell," he answered. "It may not have been as strong. He wasn't really there, after all."

"You unintentionally used Force Light?" Amani raised a brow, "Interesting." Not the kind of ability that came to everyone naturally.

Almost as curious was Jasper's answer to her next question. "Really? None at all?" She wasn't going to complain if so, but it was never the sort of thing to just wave off regardless. Perhaps the padawan was right, and Carnifex's power had been diminishedt, given the sheer distance between them.

"Okay… Well, just keep an eye on it, and let me know if anything out of the ordinary happens over the next few days. Strange dreams, dark thoughts or feelings, anything that doesn't quite feel like normal. In fact, if it's not too out of your way, I wouldn't mind if you stopped back in here every day or two so we can keep monitoring it."

"Sound good?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

"Yeah," Jasper nodded. "Sounds good... I... have something else I need to get off my chest."

There was more at play here then just some evil marks. Something was still clinging to the back of his mind. A memory he could not forget. The vision he had received was still very much scarred into his eyes. In spite of how hard he tried, he simply couldn't move on from the matter. Maybe Amani could help. It was more a hopeful thought, really. There was a difference in the curing of wounds and the curing of minds.

"I've been... thinking about the vision he gave me," the padawan admitted. "A lot, actually. I-it was the end of life as we knew it, a-a galaxy on fire. I-I know it's all just Sith mind games, but..."

He paused, thinking about the implications that such a vision had. All of his friends... Silas, Iris, Ara, Daisy, Calix... His brother Jalen... Even his mentors, like Master Noble and Master Tafo. To think of all of these people who had entered into his life being suddenly ripped away by fire and flame was disturbing. Horrific, even.

"...It felt so real."

"Mhm?" Amani hummed, that curious look never quite leaving her face. Jasper spoke of visions. Nightmares. The very end of days. She frowned, and was quick to try and reassure, "It is just mind games. Illusions to try and manipulate you. As real as they might seem, they simply aren't."

She paused, debating a solution to his problems. Even fake, they were obviously distressing. "If you'd like, I could try and help clear your mind. Similar to what we did with Samara. I can't completely wipe your memory or anything, but I might be able to diminish the effects this vision is having on your psyche."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

"If you'd like, I could try and help clear your mind. Similar to what we did with Samara. I can't completely wipe your memory or anything, but I might be able to diminish the effects this vision is having on your psyche."

Amani seemed to be a real swiss army knife when it came to healing. Jasper was completely clueless when it came to the subject, so every word that came out of the chief healer's mouth seemed like black magic. He was completely dumbfounded by it all.

"I don't know," he responded. "Jedi are supposed to overcome their fears, right? This kinda feels like a cheat code..."

Even if it had been induced by Carnifex's power, the fear was his own. The padawan knew this with confidence. Was it wrong to use healing to diminish this fear? It was hard to say. Jasper wasn't a professional in the matter, and he was sure that he was probably being dumb. It was pretty in character for him.

"O-or maybe I'm overthinking it," Jasper blurted out. "I-I'm not that great with stuff like this."

The Chief Healer listened with a sympathetic frown. Jasper's concerns had validity, and he raised an interesting point about Jedi training that made her think for a moment. But she sighed, and answered, "Sometimes, overcoming your fears means reaching out to those who can help you." Amani was quiet, and reflective as she continued, "You aren't expected to get through every struggle all on your own. We wouldn't be much of an Order if we expected that, right?" Each Jedi was an ally, a friend, and whatever their skills, they relied on each other for support.

"Knowing when it's time to reach out for that help is one of the wisest traits a Jedi can possess," She stood a little taller now, and nodded, "The ultimate decision is up to you. But if you ask for it, I'll do what I can."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

"I... I guess that makes sense," Jasper frowned.

He hadn't considered that fact. Now that he was thinking about it, Jasper recalled Iris telling him a similar thing back when she healed him in the undercity. Maybe this was a case where what he was truly afraid of was connection. After all, the vision drew up his concerns for the people around him. Jasper considered the fact that he may not only be afraid of losing these connections, but to let these people know of his struggles as well. That, upon reflection, was exactly what he had been advised against on that day. Perhaps before overcoming what he had seen, the padawan needed to overcome himself.

"The ultimate decision is up to you. But if you ask for it, I'll do what I can."

"I think... I think I'd like you to do that," he concluded.

Amani smiled softly, and nodded, "I will do what is within my power."

In truth, she wasn't even sure just how much she could do, but the only way to know was to try. "Just try and focus your mind. Leave the rest to me." The healer then reached out her hand, and began to try and cleanse the padawan's mind of Carnifex's impact. The memory couldn't be destroyed, nor did she necessarily believe it should be. Even removing one's darkest moments would be to take away part of what makes that person who they are. Every experience and memory played a part. Growing from them, learning from them. But if she could diminish the pain, mute it, then it would be little more than a healing of the mind. Accelerating a process that might otherwise take much longer. The darkness implanted by Carnifex held no merit. There was no value to be gained from his illusions, no development that could strengthen Jasper any further. Just the last ditch effort of a Sith Lord to inflict suffering on undeserving people.

After several long minutes, Amani's hand retreated back to her side, and looked at Jasper expectantly, "…How do you feel?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

"I feel... better..." Jasper admitted.

He had expected such a process to be far more painful, but he hadn't really felt a thing. All he felt now was a lot more relaxed. His mind wasn't so cluttered, which he supposed meant that what Amani had done had worked, if only slightly. Jasper felt even more fatigued after this, however. He was only now beginning to fully grasp just how sleep deprived he truly was. All he wanted to do now was go to bed.

"Jeez," he sighed, his shoulders dropping further than they had been. "I haven't slept in days... I... should probably get some rest."

Jasper paused, his face growing apologetic. He had probably given Amani a real scare when he first came in.

"Thanks..." Jasper continued. "I appreciate you doing all of this... Sorry you had to deal with all this out of the blue."

Amani sighed, relieved by Jasper's confirmation, "Good… Good…" But now that he was free of the dark influence, it became much clearer just how draining it all had been. The padawan seemed overcome with a wave of lethargy, and Amani even lurched forward a moment, as if to steady him in the event that he passed out entirely.

"You definitely should," Amani added. Sometimes, a good night's rest was the best cure of all. When Jasper apologized, she smiled softly and shook her head, "You're welcome. And don't worry about it. It's kind of my job." She shrugged, before walking back over to the door, "Take care of yourself, Jasper. And don't hesitate to come back if anything doesn't feel right."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom