Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulling an All-Nighter

Ashelia
Post 1
[member="Sarianna Misarr"]

She would not sleep tonight.

With her heterochromatic gaze locked within a holobook, Ashelia pored over the pages as she read over the stories of ghost ships within the Chiloon Rift. By now, the diminutive Elzeri had already read that there was a space-time discrepancy between space outside of the Rift and space within the Bubble of the Lost. What was five years inside of the Bubble was only two years outside of it. As such, the danger of venturing within the Bubble was not time (since there was plenty of it), but finding the way out. However, in spite of all her research, Ashelia could find little information regarding the nature of the Force within the Bubble and the Chiloon Rift itself. Master Ike had told her that the Force existed in a primeval state in the Rift, and that it could be infused into a living being. The idea of the Force existing in such a state sounded miraculous to Ashelia, and yet she could find no source that detailed any information regarding it.

Even so, Ashelia had not yet given up.

Master Ike had also mentioned Ahch-To as being a place where the Force was primeval. Ashelia had already found numerous sources detailing the minor vergences located on the planet. There were many caves which swirled with the dark energies of Bogan and waterfalls which radiated the bright energies of Ashla. She could see quite clearly how the Force was strong on the planet, especially since the world was as of yet mostly untouched by the influence of galactic civilization.

Outside, the sky was still dark. There was still a few more hours until the first rays of sunshine streamed through the window that Ashelia had taken a seat next to. Although Ashelia had planned to leave Kashyyyk with Noriko and Sukai at noon, she didn’t intend to leave the archives until she found the information that she sought after...

[member="Ashelia"]

The jedi library was always a place to go. She was blind... her sash over her eyes and wearing the silverlight robes. The blue robes were beautiful as she had her thessia saber on her hip. THe three section staff was connected by a fiber cord and on her hip. She stood there though and could see most of the room in the force. Her own senses expanding outwards to encompass it as the jedi master walked heading towards the consoles that were made for miraluka to be able to use. More sensitive to speech and would read back imformation if she needed it. Better then a droid in some ways when she sensed someone else she didn't recognize in the force and stood there searching when she felt the padawan... or initiate or something.... she wasn't certain as the girl was a faint shimmer in the force usually below what the jedi brought in. "It is late young one."

Ashelia
Post 2

Ashelia turned around as a gasp of surprise left her plump lips upon realizing that there was another within the library. Her glance moved up the tall woman’s features with the intent of making eye contact with her, but her gaze found a scarf wrapped over where her eyes would have been.

The woman was a Miraluka.

It was almost surreal for Ashelia to see one in person. She had read that each and every one of them possessed a strong connection to the Force by necessity. They simply would not have been able to perceive the world if not for their ability to see through the Force. Necessity was the mother of innovation, and as such, many of the greatest Jedi and Sith to have ever lived were Miraluka. There was no doubt in Ashelia’s mind that she was in the presence of a being with a great deal of strength in the Force. The woman was likely reading her intentions at that very moment.

As small and helpless as she felt in that moment, Ashelia made a silent vow to herself. One day, she would far and away exceed the Miraluka’s power in the Force, no matter what it took and what sacrifices she had to pay. It would happen. In fact, it was quite inevitable. Her strength of will was stronger than the forces of destiny, which had cruelly denied her a natural ability to connect with the Force.

It was but a small road block in her path to greatness.

“I-I umm...” Ashelia stammered over her words as she quickly stood up from her seat and gave the Miraluka woman a deep bow, her submissive manner was a stark contrast to the ambition in her heart. “I apologize master, I’m...studying for a trip.” The colorful Elzeri spoke slowly and deliberately, carefully choosing her words as she went on.

“I could use your help, if you wouldn’t mind, master.” Ashelia finished as she ran her fingers nervously through her cotton candy hair.

"Please?"

[member="Ashelia"]

Sarianna remained there for a moment thinking about it and she was uncertain what sort of help she could offer. She was a jedi master, she had trained with the likes of Darron Wraith as a battlemaster and was a weaponmaster... two roles that were rarely seen in the order nowadays... really sadly she hadn't seen many actually pick a path or a class of the order. Instead everyone was allowed to be whatever they wanted to be. It was a lack of discipline in her opinion but that was neither here nor there. Instead she was focusing on the moment and brought her attention back to the padawan in front of herself.

"Very well." She moved over towards her and stood with her hands at her sides in a relaxed posture but she was looking down. "I do not know what use I will fully be though, I am a battlemaster and weaponmaster within the order as opposed to some of the scholars.... but I shall endeavor to answer any questions you mgiht have."

Ashelia
Post 3

“A battlemaster?!” Ashelia replied in an excited tone, clearly in awe of the implications of Miraluka’s title and rank. “When I get the Force, I’ll have to train with you, master!” The Elzeri continued on, even clapping her hands together a few times as a strong feeling of elation overcame her. Ashelia wanted to become the best, and as such, she knew that would entail that she train and study under the best until the point at which they could teach her nothing more.

In her excitement, Ashelia realized that the stoic Miraluka would have little idea what she had been previously referring to regarding her lack of strength in the Force. With a deep breath, Ashelia sat back down in her chair before telling the woman of her situation.

“I’m from Coruscant,” Ashelia began. “It’s been my lifelong dream to join the Silver Jedi Order and become a powerful Jedi, but...I don’t have a natural ability to feel or...even connect with the Force.” The Elzeri said somewhat regretfully, as if her lack of a natural Force connection was her own fault. “I ummm...went to see one of the Healers after I arrived on Kashyyyk, and they said my midichlorian count was too low for me to justify attempting to train me as a Jedi and that if I wanted to serve the Order, then I should join the Rangers.” She spoke the last word with palpable distaste in her mouth and a grimace on her expression.

“But...I talked to two masters, and they told me that there is a way to make me sensitive to the Force!” Ashelia continued in a subtly cheerful tone which seemed to rise in passion as she spoke. “They’re gonna take me to the Chiloon Rift or Ahch-To tomorrow! Master Ike told me that the Force exists in a primeval state at those two places, and that it can be imbued into a living being.” She spoke, before taking a deep swig from her canteen of water.

“But, before we went, Master Ike wanted me to be aware what I would be heading into. She told me to research the nature of the Force within the Chiloon Rift and on Ahch-To. I found and read a few holobooks regarding the Force on Ahch-To, but I couldn’t find anything that detailed the essence of the Force within the Chiloon Rift or even the Bubble of the Lost.” Ashelia slumped her shoulders dejectedly, and focused her colorful heterochromatic gaze on the towering Miraluka’s eye scarf.

“Would you know anything about that particular subject, master?”

[member="Ashelia"]

She listened to her speak about it and there was less annoyance or cringe... the girl wanted to be a jedi but it wasn't because of power as far as she could tell. If anything she seemed like she was really wanting to be a jedi to do good maybe or because she wanted to imrpove her lot in life. Sarianna looked down at her at the mention of using the rifts and vergences on the planet. "I know a few things, when we discovered it a team was sent to Ahch-To's gate. We discovered a temple down deep and from there the gate took us to a pocket dimension within the force itself. Much like the dream dimension the kingdom discovered it reacted to your thoughts and offered much."

She remained there looking at her. "But it is dangerous, the promise of ability, of power. SOmething that should be approached with a sense of fear as most can be overwhelmed with it." She moved to sit down and was looking at her more curious. "The world though it different, everything is a part of the force and you are able to shape it and yourself with it. The energy that is there is something powerful and few can really handle it. THe dangerous power there can corrupt a lot of the people who enter and have never felt the force itself so be careful." She bowed her head though while sitting there... "But the Ike's have been with the jedi order for tens of thousands of years if there was a family to help you with the knowledge it would be them."

Ashelia
Post 4

“I’ve been meditating twice a day in order to prepare my mind for it, master.” Ashelia began. “But...a pocket dimension? I-” The diminutive Elzeri paused to consider the implications of that. If the dimension truly did respond to her thoughts, then she knew that she could make herself sensitive to the Force within it. But, it also presented the risk that she could fall too deeply into Bogan if she asked for too much or the wrong things. Even so, having never felt the Force, Ashelia knew how much danger she would be putting herself into by willfully entering the Rift or the gate on Ahch-To. However, with a member of the semi-famous Ike family to guide her, Ashelia knew it would be worth the risk.

Even if she died or went insane within the pocket dimension, quite simply, Ashelia did not want to live even another hour without the ability to touch the Force.

“I never knew that Ike was such a distinguished name. I’ve seen it many times before in my studies before arriving on Kashyyyk, but I guess it never dawned on me that all of those people who bore ‘Ike’ as a surname were all related in some way.” Ashelia spoke softly. “I...actually...thank you, master.” The Elzeri concluded. “I feel more ready for this trip than ever. D-do you know anything else about the pocket dimensions that you feel would be helpful to me?”

“Also...” Ashelia took a deep breath. “I plan to join the Order after I return. I would like to have you as a sponsor, if you were willing, master.”

[member="Ashelia"]

She looked at her and listened to what she was saying... more so what she was feeling and sat there. "A good attitude but understand that the force is many things and wanting it, desiring it is dangerous... temptation is a dangerous sensation that someone could feel and you don't want to be seduced by the power of the force." She said it but was looking at the girl and offering advice. "But when you return and I feel that you will.. yes I can be there for the jedi if you wish it. There are many wise masters who have learned from experience and the pocket dimension of the force itself is something only a few will be able to understand."

She bowed her head though at the mention of the Ike name and family. "THey are old, some say and they do have some proof from Tython and the first je'daii. Their force blade that has existed in the family certainly shows they have knowledge and some connection from there.. their knowledge of the more exotic aspects of the force and the galaxy as well shows that they can be older. WHen we crashed on Bedlam they knew how to get us off through a star temple as well as with the powerful beings who were there on the planet... they might have done much worse to us then simply be bored with our presence."

Ashelia
Post 5

“I know it’s dangerous master but...what else am I supposed to do? I wasn’t blessed with a natural connection to the Force like everyone else in the Order. Am I supposed to not want the Force and expect it to just randomly come to me like some sort of magic? Maybe that’s how it works for people like you, but that’s not how it works for everyone else.” Ashelia spoke in an exasperated tone in response to Sarianna’s assertion on desiring the Force. “If I want something, I have to actually go after it. It doesn’t just drop in my lap like a some sort of poodooty handout.” Ashelia finished, her face going beet-red as her anger very nearly pushed her over the edge in front of a Jedi battlemaster.

“I practiced meditating for months! I attempted and studied telekinesis and sense for months! You know what I got out of all of that? Fuck all! I can’t even lift a stupid feather!” Ashelia continue, as she slammed the holobook in front of her shut before standing up from the table. She didn’t think of the fact that she had just asked the Miraluka for her support in joining the Order. The Elzeri was too consumed by anger at the perceived insult of receiving such insensitive advice from one who thought themselves wise. In truth, the Force wasn’t going to fall in her lap unless she went to the Rift or Ahch-To and entered the pocket dimension. She had read of people who had been in similar predicaments, those who possessed low Midi-chlorian counts like herself. There were many who had spent years attempting to teach themselves the Force, in spite of their natural shortcomings.

Most, if not all of them failed, but Ashelia was determined to not become one of them.

[member="Ashelia"]

She listened to the padawan... a neutral expression on her face as the girl became desperate... she understood what she wanted... why she wanted and the girl continued to press why she needed it... what she had done to try and get it. "I see." The words came out and she remained there seated. "I can see your frustration but consider this? You want something, have worked hard for it and when it didn't come have become so obsessed with it. You just showed anger because I offered you the information willingly." She sat there though and wasn't worried about a fight, the padawan did need to learn... she would learn. That was what a master taught their student... just a qustion of who would be her master.

Ashelia
Post 6

Ashelia was fuming with rage, but she also quiet and attentive as Sarianna made her case. After taking some time to consider Sarianna’s words, Ashelia took her seat once again, but she still felt offended at the Miraluka’s words.

“I...truly and deeply wish that your advice was applicable to me.” Ashelia began. “But, I’m afraid it isn’t. If I had followed your advice from the very beginning, I would still be on Coruscant dancing in some club in the thousandth level. I wouldn’t be here because I wouldn’t want to be here!” The Elzeri paused for a moment, before moving to pack her bag with a few holobooks she had borrowed from the library. “Your advice regarding the gate on Ahch-To was very helpful to me, and I’m certain that I’ll find some use for it when I go inside the pocket dimension. Thank you, for your assistance.”

With that, Ashelia put the bag on her back and stood up from the table. Then, she gave the blonde Miraluka a deep bow.

“Good bye, battlemaster.”

[member="Ashelia"]

She watched her go and bowed her head remaining there in the seat as she reached out with the force. "May the force be with you initiate." She said it though and rose up as she wondered what she would become but the jedi master was not one for foresight. She would just handle it as needed when she rose up and continued to her area. Sitting down in her robes as one fo the droids came over with the information she had requested about some of the older saber holocrons and what information they had. She wanted to work with the artisans and engineers to design a more elite combat droid for saber practice and if they could get some fo the best minds it might be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom