Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pull of the Nexus

WAVZmiT.png

Flicker hadn't been to Chaldea before (as far as she remembered), and as soon as she heard about it, she was quiet upset she hadn't. When she arrived on-planet, she was even more upset she hadn't. The place was gorgeous. When one only remembers being dead, seeing things so purely alive is a welcome change. But it wasn't the greenery and the life that had drawn Flicker to this planet. It was merely a benefit. The draw was the Nexus.

She'd heard rumors of Nexuses before, through a few targets she'd stalked. Places of pure Force energy, apparently, that could greatly affect things within and around it. This one, according to what she'd heard, was on the more neutral side. This benefitted her. That meant that if it reacted to her, it would likely do so with less violence than a more aligned one would... if it reacted to her at all. She still hadn't figured out if it recognized the dead.

As she tended to do, Flicker moved through the shadows, darting around corners, along the sides of buildings, right behind people. Wherever she could get to that allowed her to travel with ease. And in a busy place, it was pretty easy for the ghost. A perk, she'd decided. Slowly but surely, she made her way towards the Nexus, getting closer and closer to the area where it resided.

But... something stopped her. She tucked herself in the shadows underneath a large tree. As she curled up, her form became more akin to a small Tooka Cat, although still shadowy and dark. Something inside her was reacting to the Nexus. But... what?

The art of dancing in the light
Adding a new line to her personal book of places visited has always been for Neryn a bit of a physiological and mental test of faith in her personal philosophy of life. Despite the fact that by the age of 35 Neryn was already far from being a crazy young girl, who above all valued her personal enthusiasm and passion when travelling and exploring different planets, such time has passed. Now, when she dared to visit a new place, and especially a major city that accurately displayed all the inherent of Nexus traits, it was not as easy as it might at first seem. The whole planet, and especially its capital Nezamiyeh seemed to her an amazing lunacy of rather justified gigantism and having an almost fantastic population of 500 million inhabitants. Although Neryn had become accustomed to the desolation of the outer districts during her decades-long trek through the streets of large cities, here, primarily because of the neutral location, the girl felt a little out of place. The reason for this was quite simple, but for Neryn, who was no longer an ordinary mortal, this gave rise to various philosophical reflections, which she was ready to share with any passerby, even if such a passerby's understanding of life and intelligence would have been sharply different from hers. This place was amazing!!! That's what Neryn wanted to shout, but other than something resembling a small Tooka Cat creature there was no one else around and so instead of a colourful emotional display of her awe the girl in lady like manner sat down on her knees in front of it and smiled sweetly "Nice to meet you, beautiful creature. Don't mind if I hang out with you, all this thinking about the local Nexus has taken my breath away. I'm so fascinated by it's calm waves...haven't felt that in years" Neryn herself might have been unusual for some life forms with her force mixed with the force entity's one, and working as a single spiritual field, which might have caused her appearance to fall short of the full potential power of her mystical force.

Flicker Flicker

WAVZmiT.png

Ah, and this was why Flicker liked turning into a Tooka Cat. People just... let her be. No questions. No worries. Just a little Cat. She often got positive reactions more than anything, just as this woman had. Which, of course, meant that she could be wherever she wanted to be without anyone questioning her, which was what she wanted more than anything.

She nuzzled her head up against the woman's arm, trying to get a better look at her. There was something about the woman's aura that had her curious, something... similar to the Nexus she was here to investigate. She sat close to her, white eyes flickering between the woman and the Nexus itself, making a tiny brr noise. Having studied a few Tooka Cats before, Flicker was (thankfully) able to mimic their sounds perfectly, something she was quite pleased with.

She tilted her head, looking up to the woman with wide eyes. Simply... watching. Waiting.

"That said, it seems to me that creatures and cats like you are much safer and simultaneously more curious to learn Nexus for fairly objective reasons due to your slightly different abstract and creative thinking from which my following thoughts stem from. I think that animals, not only cats but the animal kingdom in general, are much better adapted to understanding or at least experiencing these waves, even though I myself am far from a typical working class family living on the street. And to this I can add the fact that such cute little faces like yours give everyone around a wonderful optimistic mood and you lot take advantage of it, in order to achieve personal goals. So I want to be sincere with you, meowy fellow, in my intentions. I can help you to get to Nexus, if it is in your plans and together we will explore that strange calm that soothes and relaxes me, and I don't want that! I want movement and life! Anyway, I hope you get my point!" Neryn communicated completely openly with Tooka Cat, stroking the creature and sweetly commenting on her heartstrings and experiences, gradually moving into a more active phase of reflection. "Assuming we do go to Nexus together, I'd like your opinion. Can you either somehow point me to your decision or draw your answer or scenario in the air with your paws if it suddenly differs from yours and we will gradually begin our progress towards the centre of this gigantic city."

Flicker Flicker

WAVZmiT.png

Flicker's tail swished back and forth as she reveled in the attention. She listened to the woman chatter on about her thoughts, but her ears perked up as soon as she heard her mention the Nexus. She looked up to her as she discussed it, and wanting to head there. It was the perfect in, and Flicker was ready to take it.

She moved from her sitting position, stretching forward slightly, then took a few steps. She looked back to the woman, blinking a few times, then gave a tiny nod (one that could easily be misconstrued by anyone who may have been suspicious of the cat), silently indicating her readiness to go on their journey.

She sniffed the air a few times, trying to determine a direction-- not that she knew what the Nexus smelled like. It was just an easy way for her to focus on her senses without seeming out of place. After a moment, she sensed something, and hoping that it was it, took another few steps and again, paused to check on the woman, almost silently asking if she was ready.

For Neryn any form of walking and communicating, even one as empty in terms of response as with the kitty, not even an inch diminished her level of interest in anything new, cool, different from her usual experience (if she had one at all) and having no analogy to the places where she lived or travelled. The kitty blinked at her a couple of times and the girl immediately understood what was expected of her and stood up nodding in response and set off rather slowly towards the centre of Nezamiyeh, still dodging some plants whose mass and spread only grew in volume as she approached the centre, towards Nexus. "By the way, I was honestly thinking about similar architecture with a small percentage of the natural world, would it be cool to live in a modern, technological and clean city with buildings whose exterior cladding would not only have, say, all sorts of trendy art, but also different vines, manicured shrubs and more? I think it would be one of the smartest decisions that could come to mind for a reasonably young and educated person with a desire to make the world at least a little more beautiful, cheerful and fresh for the eyes of tourists visiting your hometown for the first time during any business trip or other purposes." While Neryn was chatting to herself (if that's how you can describe the state of a person immersed in her thoughts and ideal worlds) , to her surprise, she too began to feel the gradual but intensifying attraction of the force, which was growing around her and which did not require the slightest effort of her body to feel the full potency of this medicine, balm for the soul of the insane, as Neryn liked to call it in her childhood. Stopping, the girl turned her head to the kitty and asked her more seriously and apparently with a certain desire to follow the thread of kitties thoughts and actions, which she either expected from cat or was planningc herself to do in order to get close to the structure of her interest. "So, what do you and I do next?"

Flicker Flicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom