Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Publicly Available Tramp Freighters and Upgrades

I love Firefly. I love the Outer Rim. Serenity, Millennium Falcon, these are the ships and settings I love. So a while back I made this company, by tramp freighter pilots, for tramp freighter pilots. A lot of people like to mess around with purchase threads and auctions and whatever, but bottom line, if you're looking for a ship and it says 'publicly available' or 'open market' or whatever...go nuts.

So if your character needs a freighter, here's a partial list of publicly available ships you might already have.

Tachyon-class - Total starter ship, way cheap, way basic, easily improved.
YTA-1300 - Very, very fast.
Niathal-class - Diverse weapons loadout, great for exploring or bounty hunting.
Laekia-class - Flying brick, cheap, good anti-pirate defensive measures.
YJX-1200 - Tons of little automated guns, loads of cargo space.
ZX - Bit of a brick, got some modular defense going on.
Washburn-class - The modern Firefly - cheap, durable, great starter ship.
YGX-2350 - The sucker's got turbolasers. Enough said.

Now comes the fun bit. Any of these ships will do you just fine stock, and you can totally submit modified versions to the Factory, but some other people and I have started doing something we think is pretty cool. We've been submitting modular upgrades. Things that've already been approved, that don't affect the big important bits of the ship (speed, weapons, whatever) -- things you can just plug into your personal ship, to modify it without needing a whole new tech sub just for that ship.

Here's what I've got so far, and I'll be making more every now and again; feel free to use these as you will. Don't bother asking me, don't bother purchasing it on the Silk Holdings page, just assume you got it somehow or other. Go nuts.

QQ-4U85 Tractor Shroud - Takes up ten tons of your cargo space. Used for escaping tractor beams.
QQ-C1R-C3 Defensive Decoy Module - Takes up five tons of your cargo space. Drop one a little ways away when you're on a job, and if patrollers or pirates start sniffing around, activate it to lure them away. Yeah, this is a Star Wars'ed version of the Crybaby from Firefly.
QQ-543N/53R Cap Drain Module - Takes up five tons of your cargo space; bigger ships need more than one module. Great for surviving a couple of ion cannon hits during your big getaway.
QQ-45H/310T Countermeasures Module - Takes up five tons of your cargo space. Advanced chaff/flare projector invulnerable to accidental/sympathetic detonation

I'm not remotely as active as I used to be, but I made all this stuff for anyone to use, and wanted folks to know it was there. Everyone's got a little bit of smuggler in'em.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
So since they're free use, if I spawn in with like five hundred of these things, it's totally cool rite?​
(that was a joke...)​

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Jorus Merrill said:
Here's what I've got so far, and I'll be making more every now and again; feel free to use these as you will. Don't bother asking me, don't bother purchasing it on the Silk Holdings page, just assume you got it somehow or other. Go nuts.
[member="Darth Ayra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom