Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prudii'kad Will Mean Something Again (PM to Join unless tagged)

For the last few weeks I'd been on Voss trying to meet with a Grandmaster or any Master that'd train me. I'd met with one and been sent away in search of another on Celiana's list, after speaking with Celiana about my intent for Silver shadows she'd given me a stern warning and told me to seek out Coci Heavenshield. Having sent a discreet message to her form the archives I'd received instructions to head towards The Nightmare Lands of Voss and meet her outside a Temple called The Heart of Darkness. Well...that seemed appropriate, heading to the temple hangars I grabbed my swoop bike and slinging one leg over the seat I engaged the drives and jetted out of the hangar heading towards the jungles of Voss.

From what I'd been able to gather in the Jedi archives at the temple the Silver Shadows weren't known about much. Unsurprising as they were all trained as assassins and surveillance types, spooks essentially. As I drove I flashed back to when I'd been training under Seras, I'd asked "what does prudii'kad mean?" Seras had looked at me and said calmly "It's Mandalorian, for shadow saber. I did and do some very....dark things to serve a good cause." The thought of being able to live up to the adopted name of Prudii'kad was something I could be proud of. Shadow saber would mean something again. I slowed as I approached the entrance to the Temple I'd been told of and slinging my hip over the seat as I braked I dismounted smoothly. I was clad in my Vespera Beskar'gam with a few weapons in plain view and most hidden. Walking up the steps to the temple I saw a woman sitting in what appeared to be meditation, pausing briefly I looked around and then back to the woman. Popping my helmet off and magnetically locking it against my breastplate I said "Master Coci I'm guessing? I got your message and have come as requested."

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

The Silver Shadows.

It was a name that had drifted off into memories, but was certainly not forgotten. As for the Grandmaster, she had come to rely on what few members of the Shadows remained. They were her eyes and ears. They were helpful whispers. And one day, these whispers provided her with a hint that Master Coci would be on Voss – in the Nightmare Lands. It was a rare occurrence – one that Valae would choose to seize. Quite a long time had passed since she had seen her Master’s wife. While they had briefly crossed paths in Iron Empire space, there had not been time to reminisce.

Valae normally would not have fancied a trip to the Nightmare Lands, but today she would face the strange forest. She would be prepared, and she would not be alone. Together with a lone guard, the Grandmaster would make her way.

As they made their way towards the temple, Valae hugged her arms around herself. It was quite eerie here. And as she grew closer, she spotted two figures up ahead. One was familiar, the other was not – a beskar clad man. The Grandmaster paused, searching her memories. She had recalled Master DragonsFlame mentioning such a person to her before. This person had been on Voss for some time now, but she had yet to meet him. Brows arched curiously, she made her presence known.

“Greetings,” She’d speak in a polite tone. “I hope I’m not interrupting. My name is Valae Kitra, I’m the Grandmaster of the Order.” She smiled at the man, and turned a smile in Coci’s direction.

[member="Andorreth Vikar"], [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Turning as another woman showed up and introduced herself as the Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi I rapped my knuckles on my right hand against my beskar breastplate inclining my head as I did. The guard the grandmaster had brought hadn't escaped my attention either and he looked nervous that someone in beskar was here. Bringing my right fist horizontally against my vertically facing left palm I gave a short incline of my head, both Mando and Echani greetings that signaled respect to this woman. Turning towards her as she said she hoped she wasn't interrupting I said "Not at all Master Kitra pleasure to finally meet you, I believe another of your Masters mentioned me to you. He was.....tense upon my landing on Voss, I apologize for my tone with him but hopefully I can make up for that here and now."

Turning towards Coci I said "Master Heavenshield I was informed that you were someone of note within the Silver Shadows by a former student here. After trying with two other Masters to become an apprentice I decided to put my rather unusual talents to use in service at what I'm best at. I figured that even Jedi need someone to walk within the shadows...." Cutting my gaze back to Master Kitra I said "Also why I wished to meet with you M'lady Kitra. So I suppose my question is where and how do I begin this process?"

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] ~ [member="Valae Kitra"] ~ [member="Stephanie Swail"]

It was rather disconcerting that a former student, whether they were shadow or not, had informed him of her part within the Shadow in the past. That information had been highly classified as it should be. Only Connor Harrison and her husband Thurion had known knowledge of her involvement. Had things got that bad within the group? That they would think it appropriate to give out such important information. That would have to change if they are to be any use for the Silver Jedi in the future.

But it mattered little now that Coci had retired from the group, and sort a new purpose as Jedi. “Hello”, she said opening her eyes, although not really meditating but taking a moment to herself before taking them into the Dark Heart.

The Dark Heart was not a place of happiness for her, even before the event with Connor, it is a placed filled with the dark side, and dark in nature and possibly it is best that it should not be used in the future. The location compromised, Connor knew too much and the new band of Shadows would have to find another place in which to train away from the main venue of the Temple. If they are going to do this with a full sense of purpose to their identity. Many would argue that it was not necessary, she believed it was paramount.

“Val it is good to see you again, we must catch up under less formal circumstances”. She bowed to the young lady, now the Grand Master of the Order with due respect from one Grand Master to another. Although that too is not known that Coci holds that station within the Dawnguard. Not really a secret, she just has not told anyone.

“I am pleased to see you are eager to learn and begin to rebuild what once was, Andorreth. This is no easy path you have choosen for yourself be mindful of that. However, I think it best to begin by knowing the past before deciding a direction for the future”, she approached them both looking over their shoulders along the track that leads to the main entrance. “Is there not another to join us today?”.

“Once they arrive I shall take you all through the Dark Heart”.

[member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
"Yes. There is another."

Stephanie sighed and stepped forward out of the dark bracken, behind two knarled trees. Master Heavenshield probably knew she was there all along. As did Master Kitra on that note. Stephanie, once again, probably should not have been here, but on hearing rumours of the once mighty Silver Shadows due to rise again, she had to follow into the Nightmare Lands.

It was shrouded by overhanging trees, and didn't see much natural sun-light. The vegetation and grass was withered and dying, and the colours were muted at best. It was a creepy place - what better place to operate a beating heart of the Jedi in a place nobody would even think of coming?

Playing with her hands, she broke out of the dark shadow to stand before the others - two she knew, the other, a man, she did not.

"I'm sorry, Master Kitra," she said to Valae, with pleading eyes, "but I just had to know if the stories were true. I've heard them. I heard what he did. What Master Harrison did. He told my friend once - I've even....I've seen him myself."

She swallowed, skin bristling at the image of the dark figure with a face that looked liked it had been sliced in two. Her eyes darted between them.

"I want to learn. I am here to learn. Please."

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]

Cutting my eyes towards Master Coci I said calmly "What is easy and what is right are frequently not the same Master Heavenshield. As for the past....I've heard stories of what happened to the Silver Order a schism is what I understand. Though now I know the who, Master Harrison as in Connor Harrison. That is the man Celiana told me of and how I know about the Silver Shadows Master Heavenshield. She said someone she cared for had joined and ended up corrupted due to his influence."

Looking at who was gathered around me I decided honesty was good "I apologize if anything I say causes offense Masters I'm still learning how to conduct myself around Jedi. Master Coci, Master Kitra in the sake of honesty I have killed others. My skills made me quite good at it but I've never done so simply for money even if my armor says otherwise. The last name of the woman who trained me was Prudii'kad I'm not sure of your understanding of Mando'ad but it means shadow saber. She said the reason for people like her was so others could sleep soundly until the day came when assassins weren't needed."

"Masters....I'm here to learn, and serve while others pursue peace I'll be here to ensure that peace has a chance to succeed. I was told it's not who you are but what you do that defines you, perhaps I can be a help in redefining what The Shadows mean...."

Having finished I closed my mouth, the young woman who seemed apologetic and on the verge of tears hadn't introduced herself but I wouldn't press her. This place likely had memories none of them wanted to face, I may not know what had actually happened here but I could remain silent and be taught about it while respecting the pain such a place held...

[member="Valae Kitra"] ~[member="Coci Heavenshield"] ~ [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Valae returned the bow offered by Master Coci, and nodded to acknowledge her words. Indeed they would need to catch up. After all, she had not yet met the newest member of the Heavenshield family. And when there was talk of another joining their party, she felt a very familiar presence. Valae turned to see the face of her apprentice, Stephanie Swail. Her padawan’s apologetic tone and plea to learn only made Valae’s gaze grow softer. How could she deny her that?

“Very well, Steph.” She said, offering a nod of approval.

For the moment, she merely noted that Stephanie had met the man known as Connor Harrison. Valae known of him during his time with the Silver Jedi, but it was not until after his fall did she truly come face to face with him. The last time she’d seen him, he’d yet to choose a new name for himself. But he had given her a very serious warning. In fact, he’d threatened the safety of Master Coci herself.

Valae’s gaze shifted to the young man, and she listened to his explanation. It seemed all of them had some kind of tie to Connor, how very… curious. Her brow furrowed slightly upon hearing that Andorreth had killed, but he offered this information in honesty. And if he truly did want peace, as he stated… then he had come to the right place.

Looking to Coci, Valae gave a small nod.

“Shall we proceed?”

[member="Andorreth Vikar"], [member="Stephanie Swail"], [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Her head tilted, eyes shifting from the path to Andorreth with a slight smile. "No offense taken young man. There is much history surrounding the Silver Order currently and of the past, but now is not the time to go over all that". The reasons for the Jedi that followed Master E'ron so many years ago now, died with her, at least her side of the story. The more recent past was what needed to be addressed now.

The mention of Connor's name made Coci's back stiffen, seems he had influenced another in his wayward philosophy but there was still hope in her heart for her old friend, even after all this time, after everything he had done. The strength of the man, if he was to find it, was still there. It may be buried deep within his darkest soul, but the flicker of him burned .. he would have to find it himself. A strength of character is in the path that leads one back. She would never forgive him, but she still hoped for him.

"Jedi Stephanie Swail I take it?", she had heard about the young lady, but now was able to place face to name, "The more that learn of the past and learn from it, the better for the Order. Lesson don't just come from the teachers of the class rooms in the Academy".

She turned to Valae, and nodded her agreement and turned to lead them toward the main entrance. Upon approach, Coci raised her hand palm facing a small panel that would read her force aura and the doors opened spewing out a scent of stale air. Already she could sense the darkness within the place, having been left had grown stronger in the absences of the Jedi, her brow pulled together but she proceeded to lead them all across the threshold. "Be mindful of the darkside here, it's persistence will try and influence you".

The entrance to the Dark Heart was nothing if not dull, no ornateness to it but a long stone carved tunnel that would lead into the very heart of the place .. it would be there things would change and open into the cavern of the workings of the Shadows.
[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Upon hearing Master Coci's warning about the darkness trying to influence us I smiled. "It can only influence if you refuse to believe you have darkness inside yourself. I'm at peace with the darkness I carry Master Heavenshield." We walked further into The Dark Heart past the entrance which held no special attractiveness. I'd venture that the real surprises had been deeper inside as we walked I considered mentioning another location for the Silver Shadow Headquarters. As it was Connor had been here before and knew this place, the most important thing if an enemy knew of your strongholds was to move them.

Voss and the temple here wasn't as easy as a fringe element like the shadows. The shadows could retreat somewhere off world and begin anew without the immediate threat of old friends or students dropping by... The more I thought about it the more I realized it would be a wise idea overall.

"Masters Heavenshield and Kitra, perhaps this isn't the right time but if we are all seriously considering reviving the Silver Shadows would it not be prudent to perhaps move whatever can be moved to another location? One off planet perhaps? I'd venture that knowing what happened here and putting things in motion to safeguard against it would be wise. The headquarters in a place that could allow for Silver Shadows to melt away into the mist if need be."

After speaking I turned towards the girl who'd joined us and said softly "Miss Swail I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier. Andorreth Vikar, a pleasure to meet you." We kept moving further into the Heart of Darkness and the soft light point on my armor began glowing as we walked...

[member="Stephanie Swail"] ~ [member="Valae Kitra"] ~[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
The nets were cast out – metaphorically – by Stephanie and she now just raked them in, drinking up the knowledge and years of experience and soothing Force auras from the three Jedi before her. She looked to them all in turn as they spoke, and her back tingled with the forewarning from Master Heavenshield; not to mention it was a Heavenshield herself!

Stephanie smiled and lowered her head in respect, falling into a slight curtsey as one does before royalty.

"It is beyond an honour to meet you, Master Heavenshield. I have read so much about you and your Order, your battles won and lost and the hope you never fail to instil in others. It is also my honour to be under the guidance of Master Kitra, bestowed to take the Order forward in these difficult times. Thank you."

She rose, and looked to the man with them, again, with a lowering of her head.

"My pleasure to meet you, Master Vikar. I am grateful to be here, and know you will succeed in your quest to revive the Shadows. Please take this as me giving you my support, and if there is a place for me there, if Master Kitra allows, I shall stand with you."

Looking up, she saw how the terrain seemed to change as did the light, temperature and aura. Maybe it was a trick in her mind? Seeds of doubt that were heightened due to the circumstances. There was no fear inside her, just anxiety. In the presence of such Jedi, there was no need to fear.

"If I may ask," she said, lifting her gowns to step over a knarled chunk of bark, "what exactly did the Shadows do? I can’t recall reading much about them. Were they secret Jedi or something? Sepcial ops?"

The covert lifestyle was something she was familiar with for once.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]

Dropping back from the group effortlessly I was now shoulder to shoulder with Miss Swail. Her comment on calling me Master Vikar was innocent but I'd not earned such a title nor did I hold it yet. Lowering my voice slightly I said "Miss Swail, while I'm honored you refer to me as Master I'm not even a proper knight. My plan here is to earn the title of Knight and do what I can to help the Silver Jedi think of me as....shall we say a heavily armed and armored padawan." Then her comment asking about what The Silver Shadows did in the past, how she couldn't recall reading much about them. Secret Jedi and special ops indeed....though I had to say I didn't know much about the Silver Shadows either, only about Celiana's circumstances due to The Silver Shadows. I was curious to learn of the function of such a group myself....

[member="Stephanie Swail"] ~ [member="Coci Heavenshield"] ~ [member="Valae Kitra"]

While the Grandmaster had certainly heard of the Dark Heart before, she’d yet to set foot here herself. The shadowy tendrils of the darkside were here; even at the entrance she could feel it. As they began the journey inside, Valae drew a deep breath to steady herself. This was not a place to go wandering into on a whim, she was thankful that they had Master Coci to bring them to their destination.

A brow arched as Andorreth brought up an interesting point – location. Indeed there was a possible change on the horizon. For the time, things were not quite settled.

“Thank you for the suggestion, Knight Vikar.” Valae spoke quietly, “It is a detail we can surely discuss in the future.”

The Grandmaster would simply leave it at that. But she added a kind smile to the young man, she did appreciate new ideas. And as Stephanie voiced her desire to walk with the shadows, Valae’s smile softened even more. She wanted her apprentice to be able to forge her own path, she would always be there to offer her guidance – but it was a trail that only Stephanie could blaze.

“I’ve no objections,” She noted with a small nod, glancing sidelong at her apprentice.

As Stephanie raised a question about the shadows, Valae was curious, too. There was still much she didn’t know, perhaps it was better that way. But still, there were surely things they could glean from the past that could help them move forward. She glanced to Coci, to see what her response would be.

[member="Andorreth Vikar"], [member="Stephanie Swail"], [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom