Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proper posting etiquette for group RP's

I'm sure this questions has been posed before but I can't really find much on it. Was hoping for some opinions from the group.

1. When in a Rebellion, invasion, exc thread how long is it proper to wait on an Allie or Enemy to post a response before advancing the story without them.

2. If in a private RP and one or more of your partners quits, takes a LOA or goes MIA, how should you treat the rest of the thread, can you make assumptions and advice it, should it just be archived and forgotten?

Please let me know your opinions as I value any and all.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
1) I would say that this is handled on a case-by-case basis. If it's not determined by the overall thread rules, it's something that should be discussed and decided on by either yourself privately with your partner or by the FAs running the thread(s).

2) When someone leaves a private RP, my motivation usually follows. I would just wing it and consider the matter closed and the end goal achieved. If anyone wants to give you a hard time about it, that's their prerogative, but I personally don't see the problem, especially if it's a private RP.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
1. I give em' 48 hours then ship them a PM. Another 48 hours without a response, (IC or OOC,) and I'll just move on without them. Though, it's usually best to agree upon some sort of "skip me when" schedule long before the fight or the thread even gets started. Between partners and opponents anyway. :)

2. Depends. If there are other people? You just keep it moving at every bodies own discretion. If their characters are a key plot point? You redirect and buy time, overwrite it, or try skip it entirely. If it's just you two in the thread? Sit on it and wait. If they are really MIA? Assume the ending happened in a favorable manner or just scrap it entirely. :)

The trick is just good communication before hand. If you can iron out a schedule before anybody goes missing? It makes little difficulties like this much easier to handle. As such, don't be afraid to approach your writing partners about this topic early on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom