Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Promised Guns (Mandalorian Covenant)

hJngAFW.png

Asaari Tree forest near Glastro, Bimmisaari

"...and so, in their infinite wisdom, they said...yes, let's send in Rann. He's really known for his subtlety. You know, the subtlety of a tauntaun screaming and running around in a cave full of Wampas."

Her voice drooled in sarcasm. I love this woman....maybe one day I'll convince her to actually marry me. The mandalorian smiled behind his helmet.

"That analogy is all off. I'd be the wampa running around in a cave full of terrified tauntauns. Get it right. This mark shouldn't be hard, especially with the others being called in."

The other Clan Deshra warrior let a smile blossom across her face as she wiped down one of her blasters with a cleaning cloth. Saari Ha, the system's blue sun, had started to go down, casting a pale blue light across the withering Asaari Trees. He watched intently as one of the branches seemed to grasp for something. What's it going for, one of those birds Prixa was just talking about? He shook the thought from his head and glanced at the time readout in his armor's HUD.

"The others should be arriving soon," noted Rann, "your weapon prep routine might have to be abbreviated this time around."

Prixa raised a red eyebrow, "Says the guy with a half rusted rifle in his ship's hold."

"It's sentimental. I'd never use it," said Rann, slapping his holstered pistol, "especially when this should do for today. It's not like we're going to be taking down gundarks anytime soon..."

Mig Gred Mig Gred | Stone Gra'tua Stone Gra'tua |

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Ship: Echo's Light

Mig looked over as R10 began to make final landing prep. Mig looked over at his daughter, Leddie Gred Leddie Gred , who was getting her weapons and Bes'bev ready. He smiled at the young Zabrak being hard at work, wanting to make sure her first time joining Mig on a mission went smoothly, including keeping her weapons in top shape.

"Easy Ledd'ika. You'll scrub the outer coating off if you keep going like that." Leddie just chuckled, sliding her Trayc'kal into it's holster.

"Ok. Ok. I'm just excited."

"I know, but don't get too jumpy now. We'll be landing soon." She nodded, getting some last things as Mig grab his blades and Trayc'kad. Soon, the Echo's Light would begin to find it's way to the ground, landing next to the small meeting place. Mig would quickly hit the control to lower the ramp, and slowly walked down with Leddie not to far behind. He had sent the location to a new friend too that he thought would enjoy something to do, but she hadn't seem to arrive yet. Either way, he saw who he assumed was Rann, nodding a bit and extending a hand.

"I'm going to guess you're Rann Deshra, right?"

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu Stone Gra'tua Stone Gra'tua

Rann heard the engine whine of Mig Gred Mig Gred 's ship before the crescent-shaped ship flew overhead. Interesting ship. Bet it's got a story behind it...He rose from the log that had been serving as his impromptu bench and unslung his AMX-50 from his shoulder, just to be sure. Next to him, Prixa donned her helmet. Both wore Covenant Battle Armor with mottled green and tan colors, though Rann's had a crimson gundark claw emblazoned on his breast while Prixa's had light blue katarn birds on either pauldron. There would be little mistaking them from ordinary folk. The Echo's Light landed nearby, and the two Clan Deshra warriors approached it carefully, waiting silently as the members of Clan Gred descended from their ship.

Rann took Mig's outstretched hand and shook it.

"Yes, I am Rann, and this is Prixa...of Clan Deshra. You are Mig? Who's that next to you?"

Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu

Mig smiled a bit at the handshake. He was in his own armor, while Leddie stood in her trench coat and helmet, with some small cutouts to fit her horns. When the man heard the answer, and the following question, he nodded. Then looked around the area.

"Yeah. I'm Mig, and this right here, is my daughter, Leddie." He then looked out, taking a breath. He was sure they'd be able to do this, at least he hoped so. The Mandalorian quickly checked his vambrace, then turned back to Rann. "So, where's our mark?"

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra

"Arms dealer holed up five klicks in the old spaceport, supposedly in a pair of adjacent hangars if you believe the Concord sources."

His head started to pound. He silently swore. I need to get another hit of spice in soon...but not here.

"Last transmission I got said that they had spotted a dozen life forms in the area, a handful of droids, and two bulk freighters parked parallel to each other, maybe doing some sort of arms transfer between the two there. Two sentries at the doors, but no real other security besides that. I guess they think the sheer remoteness of the place right now and the weapons all around them are good enough to stop anyone...but it seems like a good time to hit them...when they're already busy and tired from moving things around. Do you want to walk there? Or ride?"

Mig nodded a little as he listened. Arms dealers. This would definitely be interesting depending on what they were hauling. He took a breath while thinking of a plan. Even though riding over would be quicker, there was a chance the a set of engines would be heard while coming in. He sighed looking out.

"If we ride in, we'd need to be ready to fight guns blazing. I doubt they wouldn't be keeping an eye out for energy signatures. Stealthier to walk there, and if we're out numbered I'd rather have stealth on my side." Leddie only seemed to listen. This was all new to her, so she just wanted to watch and learn how one of these missions would go, and help fight when the time comes. Still, she slightly wanted to just ride out there honestly, mostly because a five click walk sounded about as fun as staring at hyperspace.

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra

"You're one of those rather safe than sorry types," observed Rann, "I can respect that. We'd best get walking then if we're going to catch them in time. Come on Prixa, let's go."

The quartet began to move away from the ships and towards Glastros itself. He briefly recommended that they jog there - a couple of kilometers wasn't anything to those in shape - yet he also knew there was a better chance that they'd miss something and wander into an ambush, or make more noise to get detected. With that in mind, he intentionally walked close to the trees, despite their tendency to sometimes move. The trees would make ambient noise that would likely mix with or even entirely conceal the sounds of his own movements, while their canopies would protect them from casual observation from the air, which he guessed was their biggest threat.

The trees soon ended, and the quartet found themselves entering the devastated terrain of Glastros itself, razed by the Bryn'adul.

Mig couldn't help but smirk a little under his helmet before nodding to his fellow Mandalorian. He also took note that the new armor looked good so far. It would be tested for sure today though. "My Clan's survived, I can say that much, but like you said we best get moving. Come on Leddie, and be vigilant. Never know what groups like these dealers have planned." Mig would the quickly start to follow Rann and Prixa, with Leddie close behind him. He knew walking wasn't ideal, but he was use to covering ground to get anywhere. He had to admit he half wished he had and armored trench coat like his daughter right about now. Probably cooler then his own armor.

Still, they would finally get near the edge of the trees, and Mig would remove his helmet, and quickly close his right eye to get a clear look through the cybernetic replacement that was his left eye. He'd have to remember to thank Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan again for it. He looked over the two bulk freighters, and the various guard posts.

"Well minus a guard or three looks like the Silver's had solid intel. Those are weapon crates, but can get a clear enough look from here to ID them." He quickly slide his helmet back on, while Leddie watched from behind, wondering what the plan was at this point.

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra

"They look like'em at least," muttered Rann to Mig Gred Mig Gred , "but these kind of people can be shifty - who knows what's really in them. The only way to know for sure is to open'em up."

His helmet's own HUD zoomed in the arms dealer site. Those Silvers were close...close enough that I'd believe they were trying to be honest with us. He tried to focus in on some of the guards and workers.

"Some niktos and barabels most seem to have a pistol or some sort of melee weapon. Ready for a light fight, but nothing significant. Nothing like us - I wonder if we're dealing with the Hutts here. I suppose that in the end, it doesn't really matter as long as we don't leave any survivors or evidence..."

It was almost implicitly meant that they'd need a quick and decisive victory to accomplish that - and that along with terrain dictated tactics. He zoomed back out to scan the terrain around them. They still had some of the unusual, moving trees that could provide them with some cover, but few of them provided great height that he would prefer for a sniper's perch. There were a fair number of buildings of unknown condition past the warehouse, but that was just it - they were past the target site.

"Surprise and quick decisive action are what we need. I think one of us ought to get a position with some vertical height to provide some sniping. I can do it, but one of you might be better shot. Prixa here prefers to work up a little bit closer to the targets though."

The woman nodded as she gestured at her twin blaster pistols at her hip, "These babies aren't really suited for that sort of thing."

Mig nodded, looking at the two freighters as well. He wouldn't mind ending this with the ships intact, but he knew full and well that could be hair at times. He then looked at Rann, pulling his blaster/sword from his back, notably with a set of emitters at the base of each blade. "Me and Leddie aren't exactly set up for ranged combat, but if you can spare a rifle I'm sure she can handle it." Leddie looked a bit surprised as she looked down at the ground.

"I.... You think?"

"You're a better shot than me." Mig then looked at the guards, nodding a little. "But I agree that we need to act no, so whoever's going to fire at long rang better get climbing."

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra

Rann considered Mig Gred Mig Gred 's words and shrugged. He didn't really like the idea of giving anyone one of his weapons, not when there were so few around (unless they were quick to pilfer the weapons crates). That, and his rifle was zeroed for his own personal use, not the zabrak girl, which meant that even if she was a better shot than he, she'd have to figure out his adjustments first...not likely to happen without a few test shots, and with that, the element of surprise would be lost. He only wished he'd had a hit of spice sooner than this so his hands wouldn't shake as much.

"I'd best do it," said Rann, "the rifle's zeroed for my own liking. Prixa, go with them and do whatever they tell you to."

The other Clan Deshra warrior nodded. Rann himself quickly considered his nest options, and decided to go after a building just to the side of the warehouse complex. He jogged there as quietly as he could, taking care to sprint quickly when the wind rustled or one of the workers over at the ships made a racket. It too appeared to have been a warehouse at one point, though this one had been nearly entirely gutted by fire judging by the charred walls and incomplete framing. He gingerly climbed up the lowered fire escapes, eventually ending up on the building's roof, which allowed him to survey the loading scene in front of him. The mando quickly unslung his rifle and dropped to a prone position. His HUD lit up with the targets meandering below him. He whispered into his comlink.

"I'm in position."

Mig had slowly lead the others closer to the freighters. He looked around, quickly picking up a small piece of debris from the ground, getting a feel for it before deciding to put it down. He had a better idea.

"Good. Let's see if I can get you a couple more shots." Mig then looked at the blade held in his gauntlet, and quickly aimed it for one of the crates. No way the Hissing Ghost would damage the crates, but it would create a nice little distraction. "Be ready you two." He then took a breath and fired the blade out to hit one of the crates before getting low and quickly moving to get closer while there a distraction. Leddie, however, didn't seem as sure for a second. Wouldn't that give them awa.... Oh..... She quickly went to follow, pulling her pistol/daggers as she did. It was a bit of a trick to set up the fight. She smiled a bit under her helmet, even if she was still worried.

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra

What does that mean? Rann felt he was going dizzy, even woozy as Mig Gred Mig Gred talked through the comms. He shook his head, which briefly seemed to help before something appeared to start happening down below. Well, better get to work...Rann tilted the barrel down onto the uppermost arms dealer, who appeared to have been on break beforehand, resting on top of one of the ships. He squeezed the trigger, sending a bolt flying past the barabel's face. Miss, feth it. He rapidly pulled the trigger again. This time, it hit - the bolt created a smoldering hot crater in the alien's chest. His target briefly wavered before collapsing onto the starship's hull.

He quickly swung his rifle around. I'm not good enough right now to be taking precise shots, am I? He stitching his opponents below with bursts of blaster fire. Often, a bolt missed, but one or the other would lance through the target, taking them down, even as the other mandos below began to enter the fray. His scope's crosshairs briefly boxed in Prixa as the Clan Deshra woman sent steady fire that drove some of the arms dealers behind a crate. I gotcha, vod. Rann swung the rifle around to bracket the crates in his scope, and then pulled his second trigger. A micro-grenade surged out to smash into the crate and explode, tossing the duraplast crate aside in a fiery mess, which Prixa quickly took advantage of. Her steady fire dropped one of the now wounded assailants while the other fell trying to run away.

Mig took a breath as he watched the blaster bolt fly, igniting his trayc'kad's lightsaber emitters as he jumped up and gave it a quick swing into one of the niktos, though his partner soon doubled in with a vibrosword. The quick footed Mandalorian quickly went to block and step back. This was great. He got his base strong before quickly moving in with another attack, then quickly firing his other Hissing Ghost blade into a barabel's neck.

"You know it would be easier if you all surrended."

At the same time, Leddie would face off with a spear wielding Barebel, much larger than herself. She quickly ducked and weaved, but then remembered in a second she didn't just wave daggers. With a quick flick the hilts bent, and she quickly aimed and fired. She took a breath before running where Prixa was quickly firing a few shots. She looked back at the freighters, seeming to question some things.

"This is crazy, I do really wanna know what's in the freighters though."

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra

Rann swept his scope around, just in time to see Mig Gred Mig Gred start wielding what appeared to be an unusual energy sword. He blinked. A Jedi? That didn't make sense...at least to his partially spice addled mind. He must have worked alongside the jedi a long time though...maybe one gifted him, he picked it up on a battlefield, or learned how to make it from them? He hesitated for a moment.

But now's not the time to think about that...

He kept the scope moving, sweeping across the freighters. His crosshair's fell upon the back of a nikto scrambling up a freighter's ramp. He pulled the trigger several times - one of the bolts managed to surge into the alien's ankle, partially incinerating it and turning the surrounded area into a charred black. His target stumbled onto the ramp, screaming. Deshra tapped his second trigger, sending a micro-grenade into the humanoid's mid-section, quickly putting the gun runner out of his misery. He kept the rifle moving, but found no targets - not a total surprise. The speed and aggression of the Covenant attack against decidedly inferior opponents had been fairly one-sided, especially in outside world.

TIme to move in close.

He stood up and briefly triggered his jetpack, which sent him flying into the air before he triggered it again to break his fall. The muscular man made a running landing near the nikto he had recently slain. He toggled his comlink.

"Prixa, join me in securing this freighter before they can get away."

Without waiting, the mandalorian rushed up the lowered ramp and into the depths of the freighter.

Mig would quickly look back, hearing Rann jump in before having his blade flung from his grip. Karking.... He just jumped back, pulling his vibrosword, clearly Eshan made, before going at the attacker, a barabel who... had... a blade in his neck.... Oh this was great. He quickly tried to slash at the thug before seeing a blaster bolt fly by. He quickly focused, sending a shock into the barabel in front of him, then seeing a shot hit a nikto around where the shot that nearly hit him came from. He turned back to who took the shot while quickly grabbing his lost blade and running back to the freighters.

Leddie was still shooting before hearing Rann though, and was about to ask something before... and there he went. She looked at Prixa, then Mig.

"And I thought Lara could be quick to act." Mig sighed, hitting his comms.

"R10, get yourself or V-1 down here now! Need another pilot." He then looked over at Prixa. "Make sure he doesn't kill himself or anyone ease who doesn't deserve it."

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra

He wasn't in his right mind, and he knew it. Mig Gred Mig Gred and the other mandalorians were far from his mind.

The headache was getting worse. The tremors were getting worse. His vision seemed to spin.

He needed to end this all fast, even if he did it sloppily.

Rann stumbled up the ramp and into the darkened hold. Shadowy crates towered over him, providing both cover and concealment to him and his foes. His HUD automatically shifted to dark vision mode and began to highlight potential threats. His threat analysis overlay began to show that there were a few crates filled with explosives. Oy...probably shouldn't shoot near them...Something flickered on the side of his HUD, causing him to abruptly shift his weight and level his rifle. He pulled the rifle's trigger, sending a trio of bolts that burned through a crate and sent a nikto running. He popped off a micro-grenade, which while not very accurate, managed to take a good chunk of the alien's right arm off. He screamed in pain before a few much more carefully aimed blaster bolts hit him in the chest, putting him down. But I didn't fire those...

Prixa's voice flowed through the comms, "You're getting sloppy. You need one again?"

"You know it."

"Better make it quick then, huh?"

"Straight to the bridge," said Rann, shuffling forward with the woman coming up behind him.

Mig looked as he ran into the other freighter and started to sneak through. He looked back at Leddie as she followed, and he took a breath as he felt looked around. The young Zabrak continued to follow before getting jumped. She yelped a bit while Mig quickly turned.

"Don't even try it, Mando." A nikto held onto Leddie as she tried to get away. He seemed to smirk a bit while he looked. "Try anything and the kid gets it." Mig stepped back, nodding a little as he looked at Leddie. He knew that sometimes seeming like you would agree with them was better than making them mad. Plus, he made one error. The Mandalorian would quickly move his hand and use the Force to send a crate flying into the nikto's head, then quickly grabbed Leddie to pull her back over.

"Let's get to the," He'd then hear and engine above. "And there's our pilot. Come on!" As they ran up to the bridge, the pair would quickly take out any aggressive bridge crew with blaster fire before Mig took care of securing a the others while Leddie started to do some startup work. A V-1 Series Astromech would soon roll in as well, dropped off to lend a hand before plugging into the ship.

"Rann. Prixa. Status?"

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra

Thankfully for the pair, the freighter was relatively small in terms of actual living and working space, with much of the ship's interior being devoted to carrying bulk cargo. Trotting up the central passageway, the two encountered a simple labor droid, which Rann simply pushed out of the way. Yet even that action, against an entirely helpless and relatively small obstacle, seemed to take far more effort and coordination that it really should have required. His vision seemed to wander, and he began to notice fuzzy halos form around the overhead lighting. His HUD briefly flickered before encasing two new humanoidal-shaped objects in its targeting crosshairs. Despite squinting, he couldn't make out what they were. He simply pulled the trigger on his rifle and continued to charge forward, hoping that his vision would improve as he got closer.

Most of the bolts hit the closest target, which resolved itself into an ASP labor droid - utterly harmless. The second turned out to be a burly nikto wearing trendy blast armor. Judging by the alien's clothing and oversized Bryar blaster pistol, Rann guessed that this one was probably the ship's captain or someone important in the organization. Oy, and I didn't even get a good hit on him...The nikto started to raise the massive pistol at him, but Rann simply barreled into the alien. The two fell forward onto the ground, with Prixa simply stepping over them to continue onward to secure the bridge. Rann pushed the stock of his rifle into the alien's torso, pinning the nikto's arm down and keeping the blaster pistol from being pointed at him. Yet the nikto thrashed violently, causing Rann to pull the trigger on his left gauntlet weapon, an Astrapi Static Blaster. Sprawling arcs of electricity burst forth from it to crawl around the niko's face. A scream accompanied by the smell of burning flesh and a limp body told the mandalorian that his foe was vanquished. He stumbled up to join Prixa in the freighter's bridge just as Mig Gred Mig Gred 's voice flowed through the comms

"Rann. Prixa. Status?"

Prixa spared a glance up at Rann as the large man nearly collapsed in the co-pilot's chair. She shook her head at the man before activating her comlink.

"We're both in one shape and in control of our ship's bridge. What about you?"

Mig listened carefully to Prixa as he checked on how the few of the capture crew were doing. He then looked back at V-1, who let out a string of Binary before Mig answered. He sighed, grumbling a bit.

"V-1's having trouble with a droid brain installed on this freighter that's locking him out. Shouldn't be too long tho.... There you are you son of a nerf!" There would be a lot of shocks and sparking that could be heard over the comm, and a quick grunt and yell back to the astromech.

"That good!?" After a few whistles and beeps Mig would finally get back to Prixa on how things were going. "A few minutes to reroute some systems and we'll be good." He took a breath, looking around and quickly taking stock of the scanners.

Rann Deshra Rann Deshra

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom