Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prologue: Vos Nescitis Quidquam

Valessia Brentioch

V

tumblr_nhdmxjHN8u1tk9wrco5_500.png

Propping her foot up against the wall, Valessia's hands snaked up along Sumiko's arms and to her cheeks, cupping them. Pulling Sumiko down she kissed her gently, and then kissed her again with a little more passion. Their noses pressed together, Val's hands move down to find Sumiko's, "and that's okay." She whispers closing her eyes, her hands found purchase along the Atrisian's hips. "It's okay, because you are not alone, and I." Opening her eyes she looks deep into Sumiko's. "I don't want whatever this is to stop, I like you."

"A lot, actually." She adds kissing Sumiko on the side of the lips, "and listen, I know, I know this is really sudden since we met on Lehon, and I." Licking her lips, "I want to do this, whatever this is." She motions between them as smiles, tucking loose strands of hair behind her ear. Looking around them she spies a parasite, a tabloid holo journalist but a different one and she does her best not to let this ruin her mood and looks up at Sumiko. "Thank you, for being here. I really appreciate it." Whatever she was hoping to do, got washed out as she finds herself more annoyed with the journalist's presence. Taking Sumiko's hand in hers, she turns them around, wordlessly she gestures toward another exhibit that would hopefully buy them more privacy.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

In the Darkness there is Truth
[member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Gentle kisses, faces pressed together, words pregnant with mushy feelings and adorable shyness. The scene was so sweet to make syrup taste sour. Unfamiliar, long-buried feelings surged up inside Sumiko.

She could not remember being this carefree or giddy since her childhood. Before the Inquisition, before all those events that had defined her life and shaped her into the person she was now. "I want to do this as well, and I care about you. No one will be allowed to get into our way. I'm very glad you invited me to Brentaal," her lips curled into a smile, but then an annoying tabloid gadfly had to interfere and ruin the scenery!

Sumiko felt very annoyed and a bit embarrassed, but she had enough self-control not to act on petty desires to turn the journalist's brain into mush. Her mask was back on, guarding her emotions, and she gave the reporter a withering glare. If looks could freeze, the journalist would have been turned into an ice statue. Her hands slipped into Valessia's as they headed out.

Trying to find a distraction, she headed towards another exhibit. "I believe that one's devoted to the ancient Sith. Middle Empire era. That looks like Ziost's capital before Vitiate consumed all life on it," she spoke, pointing towards one of them.

Valessia Brentioch

V
And if Valessia was going to feel upset, or even embarrassed then those feelings washed themselves away just like the tides along the shorelines. She brought Sumiko's arms around her waist, so she might melt into her ... Girlfriends? Embrace. Girlfriend, is that what they were? Even if this is what they were supposed to be playing at, it was all too soon. She thought but she enjoyed being wrapped up like this. Her fingers threaded with Sumiko's, and she chewed her lower lip. "Think I skipped that part of history class," she whispers, "middle empire? Definitely, must've skipped out on that part of class."

"Interesting how we move from impressionistic art into dadaism, and this one looks more like fauvism, who is this?" She moves away from Sumiko's body to read the plaque beneath the art piece. "Lumiya, oh I see, this is her creating her lightwhip." Valessia notes and then returns to Sumiko's arms. Where for the first time, in a long time, she feels safe, secure and here she's content. "She was quite the notable figure in her time," she says about Lumiya. "See I paid attention during that part of history class."

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

"Periodical term for the Sith Empire post-Great Hyperspace War during Vitiate's reign. He ruled for over a millennia and probably came closer than any Sith in transcending death. He was also a megalomaniac with delusions of godhood who fed on the life of entire planets. I can tell you more about it, if you like. One of my former employers was a Darth from that time. He'd been locked in an oubliette."

Little did Sumiko know that Valessia was the scion of a lineage that stretched back to Darth Nox, who was the descendant of the ancient Sith Lord Kallig and had played a prominent role during the events of the Galactic War.

Sumiko nodded when her lover commented on the shift in art, and followed her when she read the plaque on an art piece. Her arms loosely wrapped around the Scion when she returned to her embrace. It felt...right. "Yes, Lumiya was quite a character. Her teachings put an intriguing spin on Sith philosophy. Pity Caedus was so lacking," she leaned into Valessia. The warmth of her breath caressed her lover's ear. "I also happen to be fond of whips, dear," she said innocently.

Valessia Brentioch

V
"One step at a time," Valessia replies her hand into the tresses of Sumiko's hair, encouraging the Atrisian's affection. "Think I wrote a paper on her when I was in school." She comments, as her other hand remains atop of Sumiko's. "I'd ask if you want to see the new exhibit but I fear we'd only encourage the parasites." Valessia remained here in front of this portrait and then adds to her earlier statement, "you know if you're interested, I might know where you can admire a whip or two."

This would entail inviting Sumiko into her most private sanctuary. "I trust you'll keep what I show you a secret, my love." After all, if they were pretending then they had to sell it. According to their story they've been together for months now, even if their true feelings were still simmering.

The museum still buzzing with the new exhibit had journalist talking, and then Valessia had arrived with her new beau. She hadn't had one publically since her husband. In fact, she felt a little guarded about this one, wherein when she had married Dielan she was all about pissing her parents off and doing whatever she could to draw their ire. Now? Now she wanted to keep this little love a secret, something just for her and Sumiko. She would speak with Edra after this, to see about increasing security. Something that the scion was sure her long time friend and servant would be all too happy to entertain.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

One of Sumiko's hands affectionately stroked across Valessia's shoulder. "That sounds delightful. You know I pride myself on my discretion," she answered. "Just like I'm sure you'll keep my secrets." She had a couple of those. Some she might actually feel comfortable with revealing now that they were...whatever it is they were.

She planted a kiss upon Valessia, then her mechu-deru senses tingled when she felt a holocam droid buzz around. "It seems we've attracted attention again. We must be today's highlight," she said dryly and gently took Valessia's arm again. The holocam might have experienced a slight technical glitch at this moment. Nothing that would hint at the use of space magic or raise red flags. After all, these devices malfunctioned sometimes.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia was more than mildly annoyed, "there are days I endeavor to be the queen of the spotlight." She confessed with her back still pressed into Sumiko's front, "but today is not one of those days." Slowly she turned and faced Sumiko, looking her right in the eyes. "I'll call for Edra to deliver Paddy to us later this evening." Leaning up, Valessia places her lips delicately along the Atrisian's. "Because now that we've accomplished our couplehood showing, I want you to myself." She whispers, her breath brushing against Sumiko's lips.

Quietly, she led Sumiko out of this part of the museum. "I know how to get out of here." She says looking through a part of the museum that was filled with sculptures. Looking to the left and then the right of where this exhibited started she looked ahead to where the stairs were. "The museum has a skybridge on the third floor that leads to the library, and that will take us toward the speeder pads." She says and looks behind her, "now I can't exactly run in this outfit, nor would it be appropriate for me to do so."

Valessia motions for Sumiko to follow her, "so we shall have to be casual, calm and collective." She says nervously, she's never been good with trying to make a break for it. "With luck we can avoid most of the parasites, or at least shake them at the library." Taking a deep breath she continues to explain, even over explain - she's not good with this, whole, everything. "We can call Edra from a holo there, and head to her safehouse and wait."
[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

Sumiko had never been good with pep talks. Truth be told, she always hated it when people gave them to her and expected everyone else to react the same way. So rather than try, she gave Valessia's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Come with me," she said softly as she pulled the Scion behind some neo-classical Krath sculptures. It was a camera dead zone. "Just a moment. There may be a slight tingle," she pulled at the tangled web of power that was the Force as she weaved a cloak around them. "Lead the way. They cannot see or hear us. The cloak will last a few minutes." That should be enough to get away.

Then she pulled Valessia out, letting her take the lead to the skybridge. They passed various guests and journalists...but none of them made an attempt to stop the Scion and bombard her with questions. The cloak would also make them invisible to cameras. Mentalism abuse 101. Sumiko had always liked that class.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia wasn't sure what just happened but she really wasn't going to question it, not here anyway. It was a bit more than just odd to have people not even notice them, whatever Sumiko was doing, it worked. They got through the Art Museum and made their way to the skybridge where Valessia led the pair toward the library once in the library she used a VIP only turbolift to get them down to the speeder pads. Spotting a holo, she slipped in and gave Edra a call with explicit instructions on what to do and how to get Paddy to her house.

Once she was done with her call and informing her servant of where they would be and how they would get there. "This way Sumiko." She called softly as she flagged down a taxi, this taxi took them to a skybus station where they rode it into the inner city. Valessia slipped her hand into Sumiko's, she even leaned over to kiss her sweetly. No one really bothered them on the skybus, everyone was busy with their own lives and that was quite alright to Val. She kept an eye out for their stop, and when it arrived, somewhere between a desolate convenience store and several speeder repair garages that had seen better days. She helped Sumiko down to the station, "when Edra first brought me here, this place was thriving, but things change people leave for better things and without jobs within range people without the credits struggle."

You could hardly make out the sky from way down here, "you can see all the traffic lanes from here." She mentions to her lover pointing up above them, "but that place over there, you see that neon sign with the dancing twi'lek, well right next to it, they have the best noodle shop in the whole city." She winks, "c'mon her safe house is down here." Valessia gestures around the left where street kids sling their drugs. Several newsstands stood within metres of each other each proclaiming the best, there was an automat smashed between a laundromat and a dry cleaning service, but their signs had stopped working ages ago.

HZyDcCw.jpg

More noodle shops across the street, with run down biotech shops in case you were looking for a cybernetic upgrade or two. An alchemy shop was above that, and rival businesses were a little south of them. Apartments, flats, and whatever else people could sell as a 'residence,' dotted the crumbling district which once proudly proclaimed itself the Eye of Cormond's Commerce! Although now that eye was in sore need of a proper optometrist. Speaking of, you found little medical clinics here and there, a few droid shops, scavenger huts, and a few brothels or as Brentaal IV liked to call them, 'morning huts.'

Edra's safehouse was a little flat rented out by an elderly Zabrak who had seen better days, he owned a few floors of the complex and knew Edra well. "Valley." He called to Valessia, he met with Val and Sumiko on his first floor but what was really the fourth floor, "your boy Articio left a package for you."

"Thanks, Hudir." Valessia says to him, she and Sumiko had climbed several flights of stairs to get up to the flat, by passing another automat, on the way. Hudir's Flats started two floors above the ground level, ground level boasted businesses, and between the two floors laid 'businesses' that were supposedly offices. It was a lot easier here to get your documents forged than it was to get through the actual legal process. Hudir owned roughly four floors, the building itself was fourteen stories high with the last set of floors being owned by two other people who split them. "Any news from the Eye?"

"Just your usual drek, one gang takes over for another, one crime lord trying to take another. Some Guildee promising change to the district, all in the sake of the verdant coin." Hudir says offhandedly, but his candor was always appreciated. The old man looks to Sumiko and scratches his horns. "So the voci is true, you got yourself a partner."

Valessia looks to Sumiko and smiles, "you could say that, Sumiko this is Hudir. Hudir this is Sumiko."

"Atrisian." He says immediately, "well feth the poodoo and call me a Rattataki." The older Zabrak starts to chuckle and then looks at Valessia and then at Sumiko. "Wow, feth it all. I haven't seen you look like that since... What's her name? Or was it your husband."

"Siobhan, and Dielan but Dielan..." Valessia's voice escaped her a moment, "let's not talk about Dielan, I love him but."

Hudir waves it off. "Dielan was Dieland kid, you were good when it had to be good, but yeah I hadn't seen you this." He gestures, "ah well, don't let an old man keep you. You've got a package and a few messages from your clients. Nice to meet you Sumiko, oh and one thing." He's half way down the stairs and he turns to say, "the tea on this side of Cormond sucks, but I might know someone who runs an Atrisian shop out a ways toward the old Refcamps who can get his hands on whatever you need."

Val's brow lifts she knew he had contacts but all the way out toward the Refcamps. "Refcamps, my, my, my you do get around don't you?"

"Hey, I still have my charms, doesn't Edra ever teach you anything about her good ol' Uncle Hudir?"

"Edra has taught me a many thing about good ol' Uncle Hudir, but Refcamp connections she has failed to mention."

"Drek her then." He laughs, "alright I'll see you girls around."

Val snorts, "he's a good man." Her smile still on her face as she leads Sumiko up one more floor and down a hallway, toward Edra's place. The building where Hudir's flats are housed looks a little better on the inside than on the outside, but not by much. Rodents, and insects seem to have their own homes here but the walls didn't have holes and the doors were still in operation. Graffiti had been washed over but it was obvious that keeping the walls clean was a bit of a turf war. Lights were dim, but still functioned if albeit just barely. Arriving at Edra, Val punches in the keycode and brings Sumiko in with her, and Edra's place is small in fact it was probably just a little bit bigger than Val's bedroom at the Penthouse.

"We've got spare clothes in the trunk by the bed." Val points to the dilapidated sofa bed that leaned heavily on one side and required data pads or even a few crates to keep level. The scion of house Brentioch walks around to the tiny kitchenette were a single table that looked like two end tables forced to be a singular unit sat. On it, was her package from Articio. "What did you send me this time, Articio..."

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

The thoroughly run-down distrct reminded Sumiko of some of the areas of Jar'kai, the Atrisian capital. Especially after the Empire's fall from grace and its descent into turmoil. But then every city, no matter how affluent, had its seedy underbelly. For instance, the wealthy, the powerful and the Jedi had never cared to think of what went down in the megacity's underlevels.

However, she knew how valuable contacts could be among the so-called dregs of society. They were an important resource, and naturally no one would expect an aristocrat to retreat here. Alchemy shops and clinics of questionable repute, noodle shops, apartments, flats and whatever else people could consider 'residences' were spread across the crumbling district.

Her eyes fell upon one of the aforementioned alchemy shops for a moment. It was advertising Krath talismans. She made a note to check it out one day. Concealing both of them in a Force Cloak had been a bit draining, so she was mostly quiet during the journey, but stayed alert. While this run-down, dilapidated district was a good hideout, it was also the natural habitat of criminal scum. It paid to be prepared, so her gun was in reach.

Dialogue ensued with an elderly Zabrak, who apparently was an uncle of Edra's and worked with the Scion's Customs minion, which explained his familiarity with Valessia. After all, he had the privilege of calling her 'Valley'. He seemed to be a useful source for information about what went down in this sector. Sumiko exchanged pleasantries with the old man, as was polite, then followed Valessia to Edra's place.

"He seems so, yes. And a useful eye on the street," she commented. Rodents and other insects seemed to have made themselves at home. No holes, washed over Grafitti, but still noticeable if you looked enough. Dim, barely functional lighting.

However, Sumiko did not comment on the mess. Sometimes her job had required living in places like this. A safe house was supposed to be functional and shield you from attention. Contrary to what certain holovids might have you believe, few spooks lodged in five-star hotels, drunk martinis and raced around in impractically shiny speeders. She gave Valessia a nod and headed over to the dilapidated sofa to search for clothes in the trunk.

"What did Articio have for you?" she enquired. Naturally the thought that the 'Siobhan' Hudir mentioned could be someone she knew quite well never entered her mind. After all, this was a Galaxy of a million worlds with more people than anyone could count. So how likely was it that there was only one person with that name who'd ever be of note? Very unlikely. Sometimes Sumiko was too logical for her own good.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Paper thin walls meant you could hear all of your neighbors and there was only one window in the flat and it was right where the sofa was parked. Dirty curtains hung to provide some manner of privacy. You could see one traffic lane above you from here, and below you could see assorted stands all crumbled together with pedestrians crowding the path trying to get from one metro line to the next or stopping to purchase from stands. There's a note written in Edra's murky aurebesh that mentions to not open the window if you value your nostrils, followed by a very colorful drawing most likely drawn in by Cin.

The Rufigioni family while managers of customs throughout Brentaal also had their hands in other side businesses. It wasn't unusual for lower houses to maintain an upper house lifestyle through one illegal means or another. So long as the proper authorities had been bribed and cared for, no one cared. As a young woman who was often sat on the shelf like a pretty thing for the Brentiochs. The Rufigioni's knew that Valessia craved parental attention and she was close to their boy, Articio. What Articio didn't have the stomach to do, Valessia was always willing to do. And it was this willingness to get certain jobs done while maintaining discretion and appearances that attracted the Curovao's favor.

Opening the package, she smiled, "he's giving me my supplies." She tells her whatever they are to each other, girlfriend? Girlfriend, let's make this less complicated. "Some of the finer quality things that Brentaal customs don't usually allow, but without it." She studies the various bottles, and powders that are sealed up tight. "Without it, my powers of persuasion fall short, and..." She sets them down and takes out weapons, and a few set of keys. "The last of the equipment from Lehon."

There's a small room where there's a small bed, a nightstand, a desk and a bench, the bench doubles as crafting and storage and it sits at the end of bed. This 'bedroom' is probably the size of Valessia's walk-in closet at the penthouse. "Here if you need any weapons, some armor, or any other tools we've got some here." She calls out to Sumiko, "looks like you found something to wear." The aristocrat notes as she crosses to the very same trunk. "Take the keys, we'll figure out what they go to tomorrow."

Getting out of her formal wear she tosses the clothes to the thin carpet that does little more than remind you of where it is you are in Cormond. She pulls on a pair of olive green pants that look more like hand me downs from some would be paramilitary force. A sleeveless, thin strapped black top, Valessia lets her hair down and pulls out a fabric belt that also looks to be from the same paramilitary group. A rugged, distressed pleather that was designed to look like a TIE Fighter's jacket. Crossing back into the bedroom she flipped open the other trunk and secured a utility belt and slipped a vibrodagger into the sheath for all to see, and rolled out lightsabre, after lightsabre as if they had been collecting them. "Here she is," Valessia grunts lifting her E-11 out of the bottom of the trunk. She slung the rifle over her shoulder and walked back into the main room.

"Mhmmm Hudir said something about messages." Valessia thinks aloud while walking toward the audio device that sits on the kitchen counter that divides the kitchenette from the living room. Pressing the button she almost immediately regrets it. Creditors of all kinds have called and left their messages both polite and vile. Valessia was in debt, way over her head, and then there was something unique between scams and collectors. "Valley-girl, check the holo it's me Ori, please, I'm in a spot."

9g7sF6j.jpg

Valessia's eyes draw across the room toward the coffee table which is perhaps the only thing in this entire flat that's worth anything. Walking toward it, she presses the button for the holo. And up emerges a picture of Oriana Rufigioni... "Listen, heard you were in town, and I know you told me to look out for your girls so here's the thing. This poli won't back off of our turf out near the waterfront." She was running her hands through her blue and purple hair, "I tried giving him creds, or a girl or two exclusive he's not budging and he's getting violent Valley." A moment to breathe as she looked dead into the recorder. "Articio said he'd send more of your supplies, and something extra to get rid of this poli. He's already pulling strings with the Curovao's in exchange they want a cut of the operation, a bigger cut, Val, we're bleedin' verds here." There's a sigh from the younger girl as she concludes her message. "Speaking of, now that you're in town Pops Curo wants to see you, ASAP. Don't know what it's about but he didn't seem to happy, see you around, Valley-girl."

And just as that message ends, another one begins. Clearly the Curovao's weren't entirely sure if Ori would deliever their message for them and had sent their own personal messenger. Vaaron Machado's dark tawny skin visible from the holo along with the suit he wore, and his hood. Indicated he was most likely in a public holo making this call. His eyes were an usual color due to cybernetic implants, an augmentation he had done to make it easier to scan people.

t4eWws6.png

"Valessia." His voice is cold but not without reason. "You've been gone a few months, how do you expect us to keep your operations open for business if you're not here to work." He narrows his gaze, and Valessia finds the nearest chair to slump into. "But I understand the need to find a legitmate investor for your." Vaaron's lips thin out, "textile company?" He's not interested nor does he care. "Mr. Curovao wants to see you, as soon as possible." There's something of a smile on his face but you're not sure if this is meant to be warm or condescending. "How interesting it is that no sooner have you returned, and somehow, your brother turns up dead and there's." He looks down for a moment, "forgive me. I speak out of turn, come to the manor. We're waiting, Valessia."

It's the last message, and Valessia with her E-11 in her lap stares down at the holo, and then to Sumiko. "My apologies." She says softly, "it seems I have business to take care of after all." Her stomach growls, "and I doubt Edra's kept this place stocked." Her hair clings to her skin, there's little in the way of cooling here the air circulates but not as much as it should. "I can explain the ins and outs of my being a 'working,' member of the Curovao's Family." It wasn't that complicated, she was just as young and stupid as her brother and he had dragged her into his schemes with him. Only she was more reliable than him, and the lifestyle of danger, and money was all too addicting. Add to that, that she was getting the love and attention from the Rufigioni's and Curovao's that her parents failed to provide? It was the perfect combination until her mother sent her off to this boarding school or to that boarding school.

Her parents held little sway on her as an adult, and so she worked simply as a fabrication specialist for them and something of a soldier, or enforcer for the bigger families here on Brentaal IV. With her unique background as a noble she could get into places that most ruffians couldn't. Armed with her mother's alchemical formula for persuasion, and there wasn't a whole lot she couldn't do. At least, while on Brentaal IV, off world was another story - Gallos comes to mind... Standing by the door, Valessia waits for Sumiko. "Listen, you don't have to come with me, I can handle a lawman or two." It wasn't unusual to have a cop try to push his weight around. "And you certainly do not have to come with me to the Curovao's manor." Which completely derailed her ideas for the rest of the day which are just a little too inappropriate to mention here. "I can make a call to Edra and we can get you back to the suite at the hotel if you want."

She's pulling back from their intense romance as it were, because she's scared, scared of rejection, scared that now that Sumiko can see some of who she is that she'll run away. It's silly and unfathomable but it is a very real feeling. Valessia found that she cared deeply for the Atrisian and wished that they had a proper go of whatever they were trying to do. "Sumiko?" Valessia addresses the other woman, she's nervous and her cheeks flush red to show for it.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

By now Sumiko had changed out of her fancy clothes, which looked horribly out of place in the dilapidated flat, and replaced them with what passed for a paramilitary outfit that looked like something out of an army surplus shop. Olive green pants, a dark tank top, pilot jacket that had seen better days. She liked the combat boots though. They were practical and probably good at kicking uppity manlings in the nuts. She attached a utility belt to her torso and stuffed her until now concealed shatterpistol into a holster that rested on her thigh. A vibroknife was slipped into a sheath, another one into one of her boots.

Her eyes narrowed when she listened to the conversation between Valessia and the Curo lackey. Oh dear, pissed off Sumiko was a very bad thing for someone. "I don't like the way that cretin talks to you," she said in a chilly tone. It was one that tolerated no compromis. Perhaps it was just imagination, but it seemed the air in the room had suddenly become a good deal colder, as if the temperature bent to her mood.

She was currently pondering some creative ways to rob Vaaron Machado of his eyesight by blowing up his cybernetic eyes. Or perhaps drive him insane to a point where he destroyed them himself. "Just let me kill Curovao...or put him in his place for you. You deserve better treatment than that. Especially from a manling with delusions of grandeur." Ah, the benefits of having a sociopathic girlfriend with dark magic powers. Her Atrisian accent had become more noticeable, which tended to happen when she was agitated or in a very sour mood. Her eyes were twin orbs of obsidian.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia might've imagined the air being sucked right out of the flat when she heard Sumiko's tone. "Vaaron's a drekkin' slimeball but he still works for the Curovao's." Which meant he was safe because he knew she couldn't make any moves against him, because while her plans and schemes in the daylight of holovids, talk shows and glamour might win over hearts and minds. Down here, where all the real action takes place, no one gives a feth. Or, if you have a sociopathic girlfriend you could probably take over rather quickly, but that wasn't what Val had in mind.

"Sumiko," She calls in a soft yet firm tone that simmers with affection. "As much as I would love to see you, rip him apart." She puts her hands on Sumiko's face cupping it, bringing the Atrisian toward her. She speaks along the other woman's lips. "It'll raise much suspicion if he were to disappear or have a complete change of mind, and." Her lips gently press against Sumiko's. "We're not ready to face the Curovao's head on, we have a strong house but we need to be stronger." She kisses her again, her hand sliding down on top of the jacket. "Why don't we grab some noodles and go see Ori, maybe she can tell us what those keys you've got go to."

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

Sumiko clearly was not happy with this solution, even though the more rational part of her mind saw the logic of Valessia's arguments. She still felt like arranging an accident. "Fine," she said reluctantly, returning the kiss. "But then taking down the Curovao's Family should be our goal once we have a better deck of cards. If you want power, you cannot afford to be under their thumb. Or to have them hold a Sword of Damocles hanging over your head."

That was the rational argumentation. It did not quite explain why she was reacting so strongly to this. Maybe her sociopathic heart cared. "Their leader will not be able to talk once he's lost his mind. I have resources of my own, though they will take a while to get here, but they know how to operate in the shadows and will help you. I will be accompanying you to the manor when you go there." There was a pause before she spoke again. "And I believe it's time you learned how to use your gifts." By gift she meant the Force.

Valessia Brentioch

V
"Easier said than done, love," Valessia replied giving Sumiko one more kiss before hitting the door's motion sensors, and hearing it open. "Well they can take their time, time, we've got plenty of." Her hand fell into Sumiko's like it belonged there tugging her lover behind her. "Gifts?" She questions as they reach the stairs, "maybe you can enlighten me about that on our way to Mian Pho's." Mian Pho's was the aforementioned, 'best noodle shop.'

"Ori and the girls are across from there anyway, pretty good thru traffic and it's high enough above all this feth trash that our more." She narrowed her eyes, "high-end clientele feel at ease." Valessia gets down the stairs quickly and emerges out onto the streets she looks behind her to make sure Sumiko is close by. Tugging at the jacket and cami top she points to the shop, "we'll have to go across and up there's not a direct lift there anymore, but I think Edra still leaves the keys to her bike down here."

The streets don't exactly look any better than they did when the two of them went into the flat, but now you could almost see the sky, it was still about midday but all the way down here? You could barely feel the sun, but the humidity? That you could feel but there's an unnatural cool breeze that sweeps through the eye, it comes from a nearby power plant and that cool air? Quite possibly dangerous to everyone down here, but that's what the clinics were for, right?

There are two signs along the path as Valessia walks, one says something about skybus the other has a symbol that indicates parking of some sort. Heading down into the garage the foul odor of decay hits your nostrils, the lights are just the same as the flat, barely functional and you wonder how it is a place like this survives. Graffiti on the walls, along with what looks to be dried blood but from what species, it's hard to say. The vehicles parked down here are nothing to write home about but they do their jobs. Valessia's figure walks through an empty lane, crossing a few spots until she gets to a bike, it's red and white and just like everything else around here. It looks like it needs to be cared for, the bike in question was meant for one person. When Edra had to look after Valessia she had to figure out how to keep the then-preteen Val was a lot smaller, but a second seat had been rigged.

"It's not much but it'll get us to where we need to go." Val took the first seat and scooted up as far as she could go.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

Sumiko shrugged. "I faced ancient abominations and went to hell. Arrogant, Coreward nobles with private armies and an inflated opinion of their own relevance are a step down compared to that." Perhaps Valessia's bravado was turning out to be contagious.

So they went out into the streets and to the garage. The foul air invaded her nostrils. "I believe you already know what I'm speaking of. Deep down. Force awakening, remember? It's how you could send your brother flying and knock him out, without laying a hand on him. Same on Togoria when you were in a hurry and people were in the way. It's also one of the reasons you're so apt at...persuading people to do what you want."

They reached the bike, Valessia took the first seat and Sumiko sat down behind her, trying not to take up too much space since it seemed the bike was clearly meant for one person. She wrapped her arms around her lover. "You've been endowed with a power only a minuscule fraction of the Galaxy's population possess, though due to it they wield most of the power. You have the Force, just like I do."

Valessia Brentioch

V
"I'll be sure to remind Papa Curovao that he's a step down from, what did you say?" Val asks trying to recall information as she turns the keys, keys that Edra no doubt left there on purpose. "Ancient abominations?" The hoverbike took a few twists of the keys to start, and when it did, it sounded tired. It made little puffing noises before the sound of a proper hoverbike of its era which was oh, a few centuries ago, began to hum. Back out onto the street she merged into the lower street traffic. "The force?" She says loudly so Sumiko can hear her over traffic.

"So you're saying that I," Val couldn't believe she was hearing, "that I can use the force?"

Getting to Mian Pho's didn't take too long once Val got into the third level of traffic. "Would've been great to have known that when I was younger, maybe I could've gotten off this planet and gone down some path of whatever it is the Jedi do." She remarked as they approached the noodle shop. The shop itself offered no parking you had to go down a level or two to park. In this case, just one level down.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

"Your talents would've been wasted amongst the Jedi and their inherent idiocy. Their pointless conclaves would've bored you," Sumiko commented very, very dryly. "Perhaps 1 or 2% percent of the organic population has some affinity for seeing or using the Force. Pilots, fortune tellers and so on exhibit talents that go beyond the natural, though they remain unaware. Even fewer are those who can consciously tap into the Force and call upon its power as I do. It is a tool that gives those who wield it an advantage and power over others, assuming they have the necessary control. That's why the 0.1% rule so much."

The noddle shop came into view. Like everything in this crumbled district, it had seen better days. "So, yes, you can use the Force. You've probably been using it unconsciously for quite a while. I could teach you to control it."

Valessia Brentioch

V
"I don't know," Valessia remarks as they get down from the bike, they cross toward a set of stairs. "I mean it makes sense, it does, but," she sighs, "there's just a lot going on right now." Climbing up the set of duracrete steps, her boots could be heard making their way up. Once they reached the next level the shop's glittering neon sign could be seen, a railing was all that kept them from falling off and tumbling down. A guard had been put in place years ago, although now it was covered in so much grime that you could see where people had been forcibly pushed through it.

Turning the corner, "but you have a point." Her hand goes to the door handle of the shop, "I would've been bored." There's a wink that follows as she swings the door open, a bell rings as it does. The shop is well, small, people are crowded either waiting for their order, making them or eating in the small dining area. There are all sorts of people here, most are the kind that rarely make it past this district. Some standout, like Sumiko foreigners whether they were fellow humans, or otherwise very few seemed to care and those that did had already sized Val and Sumiko up.

The shop wasn't fancy enough to have 'specials,' but it did offer the ability to custom order your noodle bowl. From choice, in broth, meats, veggies the one thing you couldn't change was the noodle. Corellian buckwheat or in this case Core buckwheat since Corellia no longer existed as one piece the noodle was now made elsewhere and could no longer be called such. As you could see with the menu being scribbled over. While they waited, Val slipped her hand back into Sumiko's, leaning her head against her lover's shoulder. Eventually (fifteen minutes) they got up to order, "fenti bean, kibla greens, with the ronto broth, and throw in your veggie mix too."

"We got some nerf strips in today, you wanna toss that in, too?" The cashier offers, they're trying to clear out their stock. Val shrugs and nods in acknowledgment. "You want a tea with that, or..."

"Fizzyglug's fine."

"Wiz, and you?" The cashier looks to Sumiko, as they turn to call out Val's order to the kitchen.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

"Indeed, and you will need every tool in your arsenal if you want to succeed. Your rivals will stop at nothing to thwart you once you start upsetting the status quo. And other Force-users might notice your gift and come to you with malicious intent," Sumiko insisted. Valessia's sort-of girlfriend was a stubborn sort.

Of course, her idea of training was not gentle. The Inquisition had taught her the path of blood and iron. However, she stopped prodding when they entered the shop, which seemed to have a rather colourful clientele, ranging from natives to foreigners like Sumiko and aliens. Valessia's hand found her way back into Sumiko's and she gave it a fond squeeze, threading their fingers together. Her eyes studied the menu for a bit. The place looked hygienic enough. She waited for the Scion to make her order. "I'll have the same, just with green tea please."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom