Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prologue: The Spirit of Corellia

A SOLDIER'S BURDEN: SIGHT UNSEEN
PROLOGUE, THE SPIRIT OF CORELLIA
A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...
A FORMER CORSEC SNIPER, SYMARA TARRIQ LOOKS TO FIND WORK. SCOURING THROUGH
JOB BOARDS SHE MANAGES TO SEE AN AD PUT OUT BY THE REPUBLIC. REQUESTING
THE BEST OF THE BEST. SYMARA, INTRIGUED TAKES THE JOB AND IS PLACED
WITHIN THE SENATE GUARD. A CLASSIFIED, HIGH PROFILE JOB THAT SEES SYMARA
WORKING AS A GUARD FOR DENON'S NEWEST SENATOR, AYUMI PALLIOPIDES. WHAT SYMARA
ASSUMES TO BE AN EASY TASK, PROVES DAUNTING BY THE SENATOR'S ADVENTUREROUS NATURE...

Denon, it had once been second only to Coruscant. Once. If that had meant anything now - well, Symara supposed it didn't anymore. She walked through security checkpoints, over rubble that had once been something. It twisted her heart to see the destruction as she seemingly recalled Corellia's own demise. Unlike Denon that remained intact, Corellia was nothing but a memory now. Adjusting her security badge she kept a firm grip over the handle of the pistol. She kept an even pace heading toward her designated meeting area. War had been to Denon in the form of a rebellion, and with it came new provisions, changes to whatever the citizens had been privy to before.

Among them, a new senator - Ayumi Pallopides. It was now Symara's job to keep her safe at all times. This it made it her job to be looking around for anyone and anything that could pose a threat to her new charge. Holding a neutral expression she examined her environment diligently. She stepped into the meeting place with ease after going through yet another checkpoint. A soldier stopped her before she could get to the senator. Showing her badge, Symara introduced herself. "Tarriq, I'm here on behalf of the Guard." She said it like she would have said special forces, or special operations.

"She's right ahead." The soldier told her, and Symara gave him a nod of acknowledgment.

Upon approach, she cleared her throat. "Senator?"

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Denon had suffered but it had also grown, sections of the city was being ripped up from the lowest points to the surface to the highest building. All of it designed to help and add to it as the ruined sections were being replaced district by district with the surface showing some of the new modules they had been working to create. Defensible pathways as well as the self sustaining living modules they could offer. New buildings themselves before she looked over some of the new security forces they had been hiring. Police forces to replace the ones who had been killed but also to give a number of things for them. "Alright continue on and we'll start working on the next construction sets and clean up."

There were some looks from them while they were heading out and Ayumi turned hearing a new guard was here. A new personal bodyguard as she turned in place. standing as tall as she could reach in the high heeled shoes, form fitted bodysuit underneath the duster that was obscured. Covered in silk to disguise it compared to the other things and clasped so it went from her neck just under the chin to her mid-thigh. Hiding her bracelet designed to obscure the force signature from her, earrings under her hair that was behind her shoulders when she offered a smile. "Hello." Calm, collected and showing some Atrisian features while she walked over looking the woman over.

She was pretty in that military way with training, fitness and wearing gear. There wasn't many who stood in revealing armor that was form fitted to their curves. This one wasn't the home secretary Cath Lorr who was a beauty but she was still one who wouldn't scream soldier My oh my.. Walking near her as the senator clasped her hands behind her back a little offering a smile. "Thank you for coming." The sounds of the city and clean up crews as they were using the converters to handle the clean up and disposal. "Welcome to to Denon my dear, I know it doesn't look much now but we have been working to rebuild it back better then ever."

Symara hadn't meant to say it, but it slipped out anyway. "At least Denon has the chance to rebuild." The same could not have been said for Corellia. As much as it pained her to admit it, with hands clasped in front of her the guard took the woman into full view. She then surveyed their surroundings finding several spots - more than several spots where a sniper could take refuge. Her hands fell along her pant seams walking almost at attention, almost. It's a hard habit to break so instead she put them behind her back. Clearing her throat, Symara found it was hard for her to even make simple conversation. "I should be thanking whoever sought to create something such as the Guard."

She kept pace with the Senator. Her ears listening for anything out of the ordinary, trying to discern the typical reconstruction noises from those that shouldn't be there. Quiet, almost abnormally so - pursing her lips together as she kept telling herself this would be just like TRT. Tactical Response Team, which required a lot of undercover work - where she was usually some sort of guard. "I'm not sure if that was you, or someone else within the Republic, but I am grateful."

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Watching her with a small nod of her head. It was alright the small outburst and she knew what it was like to lose your home. She had worked after Mayferria to get herself back into a position like this working with the people of the Republic so she could welcome her. "The senate guards have been getting active after one of the senators was assassinated. I've just been working to try and use Denon's surplus of credits and technology to make sure they have the best equipment to prevent such tragedies happening again." Ayumi was walking and looked over most of what they saw but she wasn't listening for threats. Only offering a small look to the bodyguard when she continued towards the buildings themselves. "I know it isn't much but stranger things in this galaxy have happened. We've had planets and systems that were vaporized seemingly be restored overnight. Maybe there will be something else that will happen to surprise people." She gave a shrug walking into the lift as it looked out upon the sections of the city they had restored and rebuilt. The sterile white walls and glassteel of the modules for construction giving it a clean look while droids worked to maintain the look of it. "We've been incorporating the works we have been doing here on Denon to some of the worlds in the Republic. ONe such place is to reconstruct the ancient fortress world of Cyrillia."

"Always happens after a death, or three." Symara spoke out the side of her mouth. When change needed to be done, it always happened after someone lost their life. Or after a lot of people lost their lives, regulations, amendments - things that were easy, common sense. Took years, decades and sometimes centuries to change. The Senator had done well as she looked down at her new gear. No karkin' way she could've ever afforded this, not even on her old CorSec salary, which - was very comfortable. Popping her neck this way and that, the former sniper continued to survey the land.

Senator Pallopides might as well have been speaking Shryiiwook or Rodese. Symara only comprehended a part of what she was talking about. Even then she felt a twinge of pain because Niloren would've understood her perfectly. She keeps a sigh at bay as they walk toward the buildings. Symara picks up her pace to stay ahead of the Senator. She's cautious as they move into a new area her boots crush the ground beneath her, she takes a moment to listen. The guard didn't bother to comment about the events of the galaxy because nothing could restore her family, her wife, her daughters.

When things seemed satisfactory - as in nothing was going to jump out and kill them. Symara side stepped to walk alongside the senator. "Denon is lucky to have you then." She's trying with the small talk, she really is.

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Ayumi looked at her and while well she didn't make a habit she could feel something... unease maybe as she was rattling off the different things. She just looked over many of the things they had when the lifts doors opened to show the offices for her office. "After an incident people are always good about changing red tape, which is what makes it so bad. When things stagnate you almost want something bad to happen." She said it with some sadness coming into her office while the crystasteel windows changed to display the city. lights turning on when se walked to show a couple of weapons and armors that had been gathered through her adventures. "And I am lucky to have you, there is a lot of dangers in the galaxy." Ayumi said it offering a smile while she unclasped the duster standing in the form fitted protective bodysuit with a small turn of her head.

"If there is anything you would like to drink, we have enhancers for the water. It is mostly some flavor and vitamins but goes over well with people and.." She trailed off removing the holdout necklace and her lipstick slicewire for protection. Going to the wall while she opened one of the cases. "A sasori sniper, think of it as a welcome to service present. Ninety five slugs in the clip and a fairly long range for a shatter rifle." She pressed it as it folded up into a slightly more compacted case. "Also very lightweight for carrying around." She said it while walking over to her desk to sit down in the overly comfy looking chair that contoured to her form sitting down. "So please enjoy it and if you have any requests for yourself." Ayumi held out her hand to the other side and one of the nice seats. "Please I want to know about you if we are going to be together like this."

Symara remained silent as they walked into Ayumi's office. Hands behind her back as she stood at ease, she didn't give one iota of emotion as the senator walked and talked. Her eyes followed her, and did what they had done before; scan for any possible opportunity to strike at the politician. She let her arms fall to her sides as she crossed toward the crystasteel examining it with the touch of her hand. There may have been a hint of a frown, a look of disapproval. Looking over her shoulder, the former CorSec lieutenant watched the senator remove one item after another, but held her enigmatic expression.

When senator Pallopides opened a case, all Symara could do was raise a brow. Someone had certainly been doing their homework to know that Symara had been a sniper in her previous life. She crosses toward the senator for a moment just as the other woman moved to take a seat. Her hands hovered over the rifle but she didn't touch it. Slug rounds, she disliked slug rounds. Too messy, and it also meant she'd have to adjust her body to the recoil. Her rifle would suffice, a neat and clean blaster sniper rifle that worked just as fine without the mess of a shatter rifle. "Thank you, I appreciate the gift." It was just that a gift, unless ordered to use it. Symara would much rather not deal with it, she gave a polite smile toward the senator as she gestured to the seat.

The senator's guard took a seat as direct, hands flat against her pant legs. Going to be like what? Symara wondered. I'm just here to make sure you don't die. It seemed to be a pretty cut and dry task that wouldn't or shouldn't require any fraternization whatsoever. Unfortunately, she was more than one hundred percent certain that the woman in front of her signed her paychecks. "Ma'am," Symara begins, finally having recited why she was there in her head, and why it was she took the job. How she could not allow her personal side interfere while on the job. She repeated what she learned in CorSec duty before self. "Fourteen and a half years with CorSec, worked with Tactical Response Teams and Special Operations."

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Seeing her sit down across the deck as she listened to her. She wasn't very forthcoming but that just meant she would have to work at it. Break down those barriers and get to the root of her bodyguard. "Well that is quite a record, I've had some bodyguards but they were never Corsec. That makes it something interesting." She knew them by reputation compared to many other groups, the skills of them was one of the reasons she was happy to work and hire some for the security forces here. She remained in her seat listening intently with eyes on her so it would feel like she was the only one in the galaxy here. In truth she wasn't giving enough but why make it seem bad.

"We will have some work to do then, build a measure of trust. You might be getting paid to protect me from people wanting to harm me but that doesn't mean you shouldn't think of me as your friend or hopeful friend prospect. I want you to be comfortable enough to tell me should it be needed that I am wrong or that chick you are flirting with is crazy boss lady." She said it with a smile though bringing up a hologram of the city and the factories. "Which is one of the things, I am used to having my pick of a court. I have not really tried dating out in the galaxy but there is supposed to be an adventure cruiser taking singles to Spira. The pirates that might be there on the world can be a problem but I figure we could dive deep for some of the pearls."

Symara studied the senator from where she sat, her look wasn't cold but it definitely wasn't the warmest look either. CorSec was a beast unto itself, it was unique and probably one of the best things that Symara had ever taken part- had been part of. Although she was only a grain of salt in the overall design of it. Her soul longed for home, even now as it floated through the sector that had once held so much life. "Bit of a rare breed, ma'am." Symara answered in response to the CorSec comment.

Wow, this lady was on some spice, Symara thought. This is a job and it's gonna stay that way, should've put in for the Republic's special forces. At least if they had said no, she could be taking part in some ground operation as infantry. Not that she'd ever really been infantry, but hey gotta start somewhere. Taking a moment to let the senator speak, Symara figured to give her an answer. "I have found that fraternization tends to have some unsavory results, senator." She sighed, "so while I appreciate the offer. We'll just have to maintain our professionalism."

The former CorSec officer just shook her head. "Ma'am if you're looking for a friend, I'm not the one." She flat out said with honesty. Symara wasn't looking for anything more than the bottom of bottle and a cold bed. She couldn't even begin to fathom the idea of being with anyone right now. That just wasn't even in her mind. Why was this lady telling her all of this? "Excuse me?" What? Pearls? Was this a euphemism?

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Ayumi looked at her as she sat there and her eyes face neutral. "Spira is a resort world one of its primary attractions is diving for pearls and you can get prizes for some of the large or marked ones." She said it with a raised eyebrow though watching the reaction of the woman more then it. She was a senator and... wait did she think. Oh frak. Ayumi held up her hands. "Fraternization? With you... no n no I prefer my woman not being able to kill me with more things then I can notice in a room. No we this is business but I do hope you can at least loosen up and be comfortable. I don't want you to be uncomfortable." She said it offering a small look over the larger things on her screen and pulling it up. Construction efforts and production for all of the things they were doing on Denon. She brought up more of the bigger parts and information but it would be a shame if she didn't want to at least be friends.

Symara's narrowed on the senator, suspiciously so. She ignored the entire spiel about pearls and Spira and arched a brow when the Senator inferred to herself. Right. "Perhaps it would be best if I took stock of your office and any residences that you may own or establishments that you might frequent." Her voice was firm, professional as she rose from her seat. Loosen, up? Lady, the only thing that's going to be loosening up is a slug into someone's shoulder. Should've taken the offer from the Mandalorians she thought to herself. Kark, I could use a shot, or three.

Again she tugged the CorSec jacket as she adjusted it with the new gifted rifle, it was different from her own rifle. She'd have to take it to a range and train with it, get use to it before she even considered it. Fething pubs and their fething fancy tech. "Not uncomfortable, ma'am. As you said, it's a business this is a job and my job is to keep you safe for as long as I'm here, now." She gestured around the office, "shall we take stock or do we sit here and drink tea, discussing the gossip of the senate?"

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Ayumi looked at her and kept her eyes on her while she moved her one hand on her datapad. Mostly for audio input as symara was asking for her home and office as well as where she might frequent. That could be done and pulled up in small windows for her while she was remaining there. One of the benefits of being in a family like hers was you had to learn how to do things and remain neutral with your expression. "Well if you want gossip in the senate there is sure to be some things coming. After my meeting with the home secretary well some seemed to think the worst." The holograms were activating as a hardlight design came up of a penthouse with the windows hardening to leave them in a room no one could look into. She moved it over with her finger on the datapad to bring up the office here and the Home Secretaries offices where she spent some of her time working with Cath Lorr for different things. "It is not much, I prefer that if I am going to ask the people to accept changes I should have made them so the living modules is the largest designed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom