Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Denied PROJECT TERROR | Battlefield Domination Exoskeleton | BDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar Kenway

C

v8eXxrC.jpg

6JVp6Is.jpg

QbCqNmf.jpg
oDuCi4Z.gif

• Intent: To submit an exoskeletal battle suit based around heavy weaponry.
  • Image Source: Ben Erdt
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
tIVUl5k.gif

xkmaoa0.gif

• Classification: Heavy Assault Battlesuit
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Lighsaber: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • EMP/ION: High
    • Elemental: High
    • Electrical: High
    • Force: High
    • Sensors: None
    • Sonic: None
sQEdTBE.gif

t6O439L.gif

• Assorted Alloys: Crafted from various metals, alloys and weaves, the BDE offers it's operator a very high resistance to most conventional forms of attack.
  • Sealed: The BDE is vacuum proof, and can survive in a low-to-no oxygen environment, and can filter gases, toxins, and other airborne hazards.
  • Insulated: The BDE is highly resistant to the elements and is designed to operate efficiently and safely in any environment it is put into, whether it be space, snow, or sand.
  • Information Database: The BDE utilises an advanced HUD Suite to keep track of it's many functions, aswell as target hostiles and provide relevant environmental information.
  • EMP-Proof: The BDE incorporates various Anti-EMP/ION technology, giving it an above-average resistance to EMP/ION technology.
  • Armed to the Mother-Karkin' Teeth: The BDE is, by all definitions, a walking armoury. A Device of Divine Destruction. If there is an opportunity for offensive capability, it's been taken.
rPGrb4w.gif

• Corrupted Communications: The BDE has no protection or countermeasures against communications scrambling.
  • Sonic Boom: The BDE possesses no protection against sonic attacks, and is vulnerable to them.
  • Behemoth: The BDE is extremely heavy, thanks in no small part to it's arsenal of weaponry and armour.
  • Liquidised: The BDE offers minimal protection against extreme temperatures, particularly, lava/magma.
  • Noticeable: The BDE has no countermeasures against detection, as it is a massive, weaponised exoskeleton. Honestly, even if it was invisible, you'd still hear it coming a mile away.
  • Mechanical Muscles: The BDE's movement is entirely mechanical, based around the use of hydraulics for it's lifting and walking power. That said, when one is given a bag of seeds, they don't plant just one. They plant the whole bag. The BDE's hydraulics are thus, not the bare minimum, but are maximised in power.
7xepKhq.gif

The BDE is the theoretical pinnacle of destructive potential. The peak of power. It's what happens when you give an power-mad team of designers one task with no limitations, no budget, just as long as it obeys the laws of physics. Design a Machine of War worthy of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Make something that'll maximise the safety of the operator and the minimise the safety of the enemy.

This is what they thought of.

An exoskeletal battle-suit with armour plating made of five different metals. Shoulder mounted rocket launchers with enough power to destroy a tank. A tractor beam cannon with a grenade launcher on either side. A wrist-mounted, three-barrelled minigun made of three light-weight medium machine guns and a flamethrower for fun. Shoulder-mounted fog lights made unnecessary by night vision. Magnetic hand and foot grips.

An oxygen tank, four Isotope-5 Power Cells, insulation and life-support. And a jump pack to traverse the less-friendly inclines. Painted a traditional, military green with a white CIS Emblem on the cockpit hatch.

Some might call the lack of openings to view from a disadvantage. In reality, it's an improvement. No weakpoints leading to a fatal blow. Instead, the operator views through built-in cameras that are sleek against the armour and as durable as durasteel. These cameras are mostly forward facing, and plentiful, offering the operator an almost constant view of the battlefield, even if one of the cameras were to be destroyed.

These cameras are overlayed by the Tyr-Type HUD Suite, which provide thermal, night, infrared, and electromagnetic imaging, aswell as environmental information, suit statistics, full control of the suits systems, advanced targeting, and many, many more features.

The BDE itself stands at a full-height of 15 feet, or a rough 5 metres. The operator has the option of sitting or standing, depending on their height. Regardless, they are strapped in by a six-point harness and are surrounded by a cushioned cabin so that the harm they receive within the suit is minimal at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caesar Kenway

C
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

First off, I've edited the height down to fifteen feet. The lowest I'll go is thirteen.

Second, I've never even heard of a Titanfall Mech and I can only assume it's some sort of Pacific Rim type movie. I'll make any required edits provided they don't ruin my idea, in which case you have my full permission to decline it since I'd rather not have it than have it and not like it. I, however, do not intend to read up on what a Titanfall Mech is, since that will only end up making me want one more, if anything.

Third, It's not intended to be anything like a Pacific Rim Jaegers. These are meant to have the firepower of a tank but with more manoeuvrability, notably on terrain and in denser areas where a tank without getting stuck ( like the first episode of the first season of the Clone Wars CGI ). It's a military tool, and is designed for mid-ranged combat. It's not meant to be getting into brawls with other exoskeletons like the movie Real Steel's robots. The only melee capability it has is a slow, easily readable punch if anything, and even then it's more likely to destroy it's own fist than cause any notable damage to another exoskeleton, it has guns if it wants to hurt something. It's arms are more designed for aiming, support and clearing a path for itself. That's the limit of it's melee potential. They're designed by the military, for use by that specific military, military referring to the Confederate Defense Force. They're an anti-infantry, anti-armour tool. They suppress enemy infantry and fire heavy-weaponry at enemy tanks or emplacements. They can't safely compete with actual artillery, and are more likely to run out of explosive ammo than destroy an enemy base.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Unfortunately Caesar Kenway this isn't a negotiation mechs in the factory are banned. The guidelines Gir Quee Gir Quee worked on allow for larger power armor and the maximum height for humanoids is generally 3m's or around ten feet but all measurements on chaos are in meters.

As to not knowing Titanfall is fine at first. Once it was brought up not accepting it or looking to see comparisons is not an excuse.

You may second chance if you disagree of course but John Locke John Locke will tell you much of what I have said,

Caesar Kenway

C
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Wonderful. Feel free to decline it then. I have no plans of making it that short.

I won't bother with a second chance, seeing as it's very much pointless.

Clearly I have misinterpreted the rules, as I was of the understanding that mechs referred to things such as the Jaegers from Pacific Rim, things of enormous proportion that have no business being able to walk, much less fight, without toppling over at the slightest bump from something as small as a car.

But I'll be sure to remember in future how restrictive such rules are, and keep my creativity to myself. God forbid we have any ingenuity and make a design any more practical than it was in Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom