Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Project S.H.I.E.L.D. | Orbital Naval Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
corellia+defense.png
5dYLqar.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a military space platform for use as a story element by the Agents of Chaos.
  • Image Source: [ X ]
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

[*]Defenses: Very High

[*]Hangar Space: 5 squadrons
[*]Hangar Allocations:
  • Starfighters: 3 squadrons
  • Support Craft: 2 squadrons

[*]Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
[*]Speed Rating: Very Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: N/A
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Strengths:
  • Orbital Naval Base. Allows for basing and sustainment of forward deployed naval forces in orbit of a planet, asteroid, or other astrological object.
  • Heavily Armored. The hull armor on the S.H.I.E.L.D. is substantial, intended to be capable of taking a significant amount of abuse even if the deflector shields have failed.
Weaknesses:
  • Limited Mobility. The S.H.I.E.L.D. is equipped with maneuvering thrust jets that enable it to sustain its orbital position. It is not capable of interstellar flight under its own power.
  • No Hyperdrive. The S.H.I.E.L.D. is constructed on location, and must be either disassembled or destroyed when no longer in use in order to prevent becoming a derelict ball of space trash.
  • Manned Station. This thing requires a logistical supply chain to maintain rations and rotate crew members in/out. Fatigue, exhaustion, loss of life support, and Sith Battle Meditation will negatively impact performance by the crew.
DESCRIPTION
S.H.I.E.L.D. is the counterpart to the S.W.O.R.D. initiative, both projects being commissioned by [member="Scherezade deWinter"] and envisioned by [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] in order to fit a need by the Agents of Chaos. S.H.I.E.L.D. is a manned orbital defense platform that is designed and intended to be a small, mobile battlestation to support expeditionary naval forces in orbit of a planet, asteroid, or other astrological object by providing a port of call, re-fueling station, and supply depot. Available hangar space accomodoates most vessels rated light freighter and smaller, while docking ports allow for frigates and other medium-size vessels to dock directly with the station. Star cruisers and capital ships are unable to dock and use shuttles to transport supplies and personnel between themselves as the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom