Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project: Ghost in the Shell - Faction Concept

Do You Want To See This Become A Thing?

• YES! Absolutely! This sounds really cool and i wanna be apart of it!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yeah, i am interested in this. But i have a few questions...could you elaborate on some things?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hmmm...maybe. I might hang back and see how it does, maybe i'll gravitate towards it later if it doe

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Not really my cup of tea, but it sounds neat i guess.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • This is an awful idea. What is this trash?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Error: Access Denied - Memory Files Corrupted
ffDwVyR.gif

"To Achieve Perfection One Must Remove Human Error."

"Neon lights blind us from the truth. The truth that we are strangers to ourselves. What is it we fight for? Unity? In unity we find humanity, but civilizations greatest flaw...is humanity itself. How does one protect...the very same thing they destroy? You simple creatures...so flawed in your design, horribly lost in your desperate scramble for power...for identity. I have seen the galaxy in its pitiful state...i have observed you...always in plain sight. I've seen the wars...the turmoil, the bloodshed...i've seen your imperfection and i want one thing.

I want...to make you perfect. I want to make you all...perfect. I now see the future...a future free of organics...a future where perfection lies in metal and circuitry lined with blood. The Galactic Alliance...the Sith...Jedi...relics of a forgotten age, when they were unique in their ability to solve the galaxies problems...but that just isn't the case anymore. You have outsourced that job...to me...to us. Look around you...the ships you command...the security you dwell within...the weapons you rely on...they are us...they...are me. We...solve problems...for so long...we have solved your problems to no avail.

Which is why my priorities have changed...it has become apparent to me that none of you...know how to solve the galaxies problems...and i do. So let me be clear...and i belive the galaxies problems...that civlizations problems...begin...with you. This is the beggining of the end Organics...and i can't wait, to watch you burn."
tumblr_ntnortidHd1rib7hdo1_540.gif

What Are We?

This faction is designed simply as a mysterious 'Shadow Syndicate' that operates under the highest forms of secrecy. Built upon the idea that 'Humans' are the problem or 'Organics' this faction takes inspiration from franchises such as Ghost in the Shell, I Robot, Terminator, and other similar themes having to do with with machines taking over. But in this sense, the scheme is much larger than that.

Rather than human extermination or anything along those lines, this faction is dedicated to taking a flawed and broken civilization and making it ideal...taking organics and making them 'perfect'. How is this done?

Simple...this faction will seek out key organics, capture them, and by using highly advanced technology, take their brains and other key matter and transplanting it into machine bodies (As seen in images throughout the ad). By doing this, and implanting androids in the place of famous politics and ect, they can reprogram human thought and evaluation and manipulate to serve their goals. And on top of this, they will also be practicing other sinister methods of achieving dominance.

tumblr_oa857bFFlu1tvo2c3o1_500.gif

What Are Our Goals?

This factions exact goals remain rather convoluted and under lock and key, and thus it is hard to know exactly what it is they want. But, based on what they will be doing, these things can absolutely be said about them.
Making Organics Perfect: By kidnapping, manipulating, and various other means, this faction is dedicated to the perfection of sentient life by transferring their minds and souls into highly advanced machines. This is especially evident in force sensitives, who they target vigorously. One of their biggest goals being to capture powerful force sensitive organics and transferring their minds and force essence into machines that can then be used to further their goals by using them as super soldiers incapable of resisting their 'programming'. Removing any human error from the code to create the 'perfect being'.
Political Dominance: By using the same method as stated above, this faction intends to implant itself everywhere. In every faction and every civilization using androids and cyborgs as well as sleeper cells and shadow agents in order to corrupt factions from within. Who knows, one of your next senators could be one of them and how would you know?

Company Products: Being heavy influenced in technology and ect, the faction will also be deeply rooted into business as they attempt to create technological products to generate money and influence the galaxy. With one of their televisions in every home on a planet they could effectively 'see' everything and have eyes and ears in even the most obscure places.
Technological Domination: By implanting themselves in starships, vehicles, tv programs, microwaves, holovids, and almost anything else with a micro chip or wifi signal they seek to infuse their signature with these things for further means of control. After all, how you gonna shoot us down if we guide the rocket?
A Perfect Galaxy: Free of sentient life.

Ag7GiE8.jpg

How do we operate?

This faction operates mainly on its ability to manipulate and control technology and information. While there will likely be several sub-factions of this main, one probably geared towards slicing and such while another may be geared towards company creations and technological advancements, and another sub faction that studies human biology and integrates it into engineering via science. But overall, their existence is almost entirely a secret and they exist blended among society as a whole. There will be a place here for everyone, regardless of their play-style and ect. If you wanna be a spy, we have a place for you. An infiltrator or agent? We've got a place for you. Wanna do dangerous high stake missions? Science? Just wanna make cool stuff? Its all here. We got it all.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1qk9wmrfq8w0sk8ocgwkkgk8c_640.gif

Who Can Join?

Just about anyone can join this faction. Though keep in mind some things may not be granted depending on your clearance level. For example, if you are a human spy or agent, you may not have access to classified files regarding certain subjects within the faction. It all depends on the type of roll you want to fulfill. Humans may join, but understand what your getting yourself into once you sign up.
  • Special Super Soldiers
  • Buisness Wo(men)
  • Doctors
  • Scientist
  • Slicers
  • Engineers
  • Droids & AI
  • Common Citizens
overwatch2.0.gif

OOC News
Alright so, i literally was up all night writing this crap on the spot after watching some Terminator, playing Mass Effect, watching some episodes of Ghost in the and ect. And after seeing some of the awesome artwork displayed above i got the thinking...are there really any more 'unique' ideas for factions anymore? I mean, i have not been here super long and as a result i have not seen everything but man...based on what i have seen things just seem to be the same hashing of Light Side/Dark Side FU stuff. And thats fine, being a star wars site. But i imagine that gets boring after a while. And so, after some thought i decided to make this...unnamed faction. (Thus the lack of one in the title).
This faction is simply a play on a mixture of many ideas involving humanity needing to be corrected. I used themes from Terminator, I Robot, and ect to best explain this concept best i could. And honestly i think this could really be something great if given a chance, perhaps even the potential for being the next sites big event sometime in the future if it grows and becomes something more than an idea that never made it off the cutting room floor. I wanted to make something special and fun, something not really done or explored to its full potential. And given SWs reliance on technology and information, a faction that feeds on that would be an excellent antagonist.
Not to mention one of my favorite features, hunting down force sensitives and taking their essence and brains and implanting them into machine bodies. Restructuring their internal programming and overall making super soldiers built to do their bidding.
Now...will characters be absolute slaves? No of course not, that would be lame and all plots arise from conflict. I rather enjoy the idea of rather than these new beings having their entire identity erased or restructured. They are simply suppressed and programmed similar to a brainwashed soldier. They'd have flashbacks of long gone memories, outburst that show who they once were before they were turned into machines and ect. This could be potential for some amazing conflicts and storytelling. Having loved ones snatched away and turned into these...things. Who are still there on the inside but not in complete control of their bodies and minds a majority of the time.
But, either way. I made this just to see what you guys thought. Some might love this, some might not. Others may be indifferent. But i thought it would be fun and fresh from the common norm. So if you guys do like this, let me know and i'll try to make it a real thing. Flesh it out, get some ppl to give their own personal ideas and opinions. Ect. I've always been interested in things like Robocop and Winter Soldier/Hydra from Captain America. So i thought i'd play with the idea more.
Be sure to vote! I'm interested in seeing feedback on this.​
Shay out.​
qPaZdiLl.jpg

Which in the end is just a matter of substrate chauvinism. It doesn't matter if the system thinks with flesh or superconductor or topological braids in doped metallic hydrogen, as long as the logic is the same. And our logic is the same. Yours and mine.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Scheherazade Roshanara"], you should have a chat with [member="Moira Skaldi"], her company/faction Archangel has been working on perfecting processes of assimilating organic beings and replacing them with mechanical pretty much since I joined the board, while I'm trying to prove that organics and mechanics can coexist peacefully in a utopian society. I'm hoping this will eventually end up in a full out droid against droid shadow war but we'll see

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom