Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project Gaia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Company_Logo.png

Company_Bullet_point1.jpg.png
..........FREEBIRDS.. INDUSTRIES..........
Company_Bullet_point1.jpg.png

or-terry-master-portal-2-00263.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a baseline for alternative Force based technologies for Non-Force Users and Force Users
  • Image Source(s): Gallery
  • Canon Link: None
  • Permissions: None
  • Primary Source: None

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer(s): Freebirds Industries
  • Affiliation: Freebirds Industries
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: It's a basis for new technologies, so it can effectively be used to be turned into just about anything. (RULES STILL APPLY YA NERDS)
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material(s): Compiled notes and research to form a new technology base.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • This technology base allows for the basic infusion or basis of the force to be applied to a series of various technologies. As a start, these technologies will essentially be either taking advantage of the force itself as a form of energy, or its interaction with materials and other things around it. This allows for items to be produced/made that can now specifically combat force based entities without the requirement of a force sensitive/force user. This can range from a variety of grenades, serums, shields, armor applications, and so on/ so forth. Again since this technology is basic (for now) it will be broken down into two categories of known spectrums, Umbral and Aetherial energy. These however can be expanded upon later to interact with other types of spiritual energy.
  • Umbral represents the dark side of the force, noting that it is particularly corrupting of individuals and has the ability to infuse dark side energy/corruption into materials/individuals. This means that a grenade infused with such a material embedded in it could do much more damage to a force user than normal as not only do they need to worry about the physical aspect of the attack but the disorienting of fighting off the dark energy. This can also be used with serums (a la Sith Poison) to essentially slowly corrupt/convert individuals' alignments, or even imbued into blades/bullets to make them hit that much harder.
  • Aetherial energy represents the light side of the force and notes the particularly purifying/curative properties of the light side. This can be used offensively against dark side enemies in a variety of weapons/explosives, but also can be used in a variety of techs/consumables. This could be a piece of armor to help a NFU resist wells of dark energy, excessive dark auras, or even purify individuals who have become corrupted that seek to not be (a la inverse Sith Poison). Current research has noted that while Aetherial is less offensive in damage to enemy combatants it still is very effective as a way to weaken/disorient them with its brightness and ability to weaken the Dark Side of the Force.
  • This specific spectrum however is quite expansive, covering a wide range of the two known spectrums and others. Further study is needed to identify the specific spectrum that living beings outside of the force interact with, such as ysalamiri and the Yuuzhan-Vong. Further study of this field of energy is bound to yield a variety of technologies, either in energy generation, weapons and armor, or even medical technologies as current data shows the Force being able to influence all forms of matter in the material universe.

STRENGTHS
  • New tech base and avenue of pursuit: This new technology will radically change the options available to manufacturers both force users and not. This will provide a baseline for creating things such as variants to Sith Poison, an antidote for said poison, Light and Darkside shields for both Force Users and not, sensors for gathering data, the possibilities are vast. And unlike before where something had to be imbued with the force via Alchemy or some Jedi/Sith Master, this is something that can be used on a relatively bigger scale. Make clothes to help with stand dark side corruption on a dark nexus world, scan for points that people should avoid, actually find a way to treat diseases and afflictions caused by The Force and even The Nether. While this doesn't offer unlimited possibilities (because there are rules for a reason), this new avenue of approach will definitely change a lot when it comes to average characters interactions with "The Force". Meaning that more people have the option to interact with this part of the Star Wars universe that isn't a member of the Force User club.

WEAKNESSES
  • This is just a technology base: This is literally just taking the naturally occurring or focused force energy and putting it into a physical thing to make it do something. It won’t make a non-Force Sensitive individual suddenly Force Sensitive (without considerable work), it won't grant people "powers" but it will allow them to interact with the force. Want to make rounds that are imbued with Force Light to help fight Darksiders? Done. A sensor system that can measure concentrations and readings from various force nexuses, beings, or other phenomena? Yeah. A variant to Sith Poison and even an antidote for the original and future variants? Sure. But this doesn't give someone free reign to do whatever. The Force is still a very powerful, all encompassing entity that only Force Users have been able to tap into. The amount of power or utility someone would get from this tech WILL ALWAYS be a weaker version of whatever the user is trying to submit for force tech. After all, imitations can be good, they can be really convincing, but a master at the craft will always see them for what they are. Imitations. This is a tool for the toolbox. Nothing more.

DESCRIPTION
START RECORDING

Date and Time, 75 days, 3 hours, 45 minutes from Exodus. We've lost track of what the actual day and time it is to galactic standard, in the meantime however I've gone back to a few research projects I didn't have time for back before. The problem was the naturally occurring phenomena known as "The Force" and how while people knew what it was somehow connected to a micro-organism but didn't know actually how they interacted. I started my exploration roughly 30 days ago now, and I think I've identified the specific energy field that the midichlorians manipulate. Which is strange because the energy itself is akin to tachyons, it's pervasive and everywhere, but somehow the midichlorians are able to essentially exert control over this form of energy. In my studies I've taken multiple samples of both healthy tissues from people who were suspected force sensitives and compared them to a serum that was recently developed from our parent company.

What I found had essentially confirmed my suspicions. It would seem that the midichlorians from the otherwise healthy subject tissue were still active, however very little and it wasn't until I placed them both in a FM-002 inspection chamber that I finally had a look at the radiation itself. The energy itself is not only pervasive throughout the samples, but it seems as though the samples themselves were generating more of this "Force" from it. This seems to explain the midichlorian counts equaling to stronger sensitivity from individuals that my colleagues have reported previously. Side note, can a person train their body to either have or create more of these microorganisms? TBD.

What I noticed next was that there was a clear and stark difference between both of the radiations. What I am about to describe next defies description, but is what the equipment and field tests have confirmed. Midichlorians recovered from healthy samples that are more naturally occurring tend to emanate a uh, how do I word this? Positive? Nono how Jedi, uh, less energized radiation. Which naturally makes it less destructive than its counterpart, which I can essentially describe as essentially corrosive to living tissue. The radiation coming from it is so energetic it actually tears apart and corrupts the tissue around it. Naturally I wondered if the naturally occurring midichlorians would do the same if concentrated, but that's the thing, while the radiation increased as expected, the tissue itself didn't show the same corruption as the sample with the serum. Maybe this is wavelength related, unfortunately without some modifications to the equipment I won't be able to discern what this is. End Record.

RECORDING ENDED

Posting Template credit goes to Darth Metus , picture edits to Oleander Webb and John Locke John Locke .

Last edited:
The Monster The Monster

As far as I can tell this is a form of force alchemy? A way to infuse an object with dark or light abilities, which currently exists in star wars. Your idea here seems to be that the force is a form of radiation that can be sensed, and as such, it can be manipulated. Is this correct?

While an interesting hypothesis, I don't believe that this is supported by canon in any means. Do you have any canon basis for this?

Furthermore, the factory isn't designed to handle the concept of technology. Instead, I would suggest that you submit an actual object created through the new system and submit it that way.

In that case, I'll request the thread be archived as this is indeed a concept for technologies. I'll submit two working examples to form the basis of this technology soon.tm and put them through the gauntlet. I shall have canon examples of technology to go with them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom